post #31 of 39 Old 05-26-2011, 09:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Clue View Post

Lance,

What is TheaterInvite's policy for sharing email addresses, etc? I couldn't find a privacy policy on your site. I signed up last night and sent an invite to myself and within a few hours received a spam from another site thanking me for signing up. Not sure if related or not but it sure seemed so.

I really like the site and think its a great idea but I have always been leery of submitting other folks email addresses for the above reasons.

Hi,

We don't sell or share email addresses or any other information that you may submit through the site. We are very concerned about privacy on the Internet and do our best to keep everything safe.

We, the developers, actually use TheaterInvite ourselves (my wife just sent out a bunch of invites for a BBQ and movie for Memorial Day), so our information and the info of our friends is in the system too.

For what it's worth, we own and operate our own servers and do all our own system administration, programming, etc... (i.e. nobody else has access to the servers). We also have a 3rd party security audit performed on a quarterly basis. None of this is foolproof, of course, but we try to keep everything locked down and all the info private.

Did the spam email you received somehow imply it was from or associated with TheaterInvite?

Hope that helps.

-Lance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 Old 05-26-2011, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheaterInvite View Post

Hi,

We don't sell or share email addresses or any other information that you may submit through the site. We are very concerned about privacy on the Internet and do our best to keep everything safe.

We, the developers, actually use TheaterInvite ourselves (my wife just sent out a bunch of invites for a BBQ and movie for Memorial Day), so our information and the info of our friends is in the system too.

For what it's worth, we own and operate our own servers and do all our own system administration, programming, etc... (i.e. nobody else has access to the servers). We also have a 3rd party security audit performed on a quarterly basis. None of this is foolproof, of course, but we try to keep everything locked down and all the info private.

Did the spam email you received somehow imply it was from or associated with TheaterInvite?

Hope that helps.

-Lance

Lance, thanks for the thorough explanation. I feel much better about using the service. The spam I received did not appear related at all to your website but the timing came within a few hours of signing up and sending myself an invitation to test drive everything. I had never received a spam like that so I feared it might be related.

As I said, it is a really cool website and I look forward to using it for invites.
post #33 of 39 Old 06-13-2011, 05:31 AM

Liked: 11
Used this site over the weekend.....great idea....my guests were very impressed! They also liked the idea of the tickets with their seat numbers on them. Thanks for offering this service, its a real crowd pleaser-Pete
post #34 of 39 Old 07-05-2011, 08:49 AM

Liked: 12
Bump for a neat site.

Just used it again to premiere my audio upgrade.
post #35 of 39 Old 08-15-2012, 05:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I think the service no longer works. the last update was Feb or 2011 on the site. I made an invite today but it does not send out the invitations to my guests. Shame cuz its really a cool feature.
I wish i could locate the URL of the actual invite that i make so that i could manually send them out using my own email or gmail. Heck i could even paste the URL onto a facebook invite.

Unfortunately i cant find the URL of the actual invite page thats sent out
post #36 of 39 Old 07-25-2013, 01:23 PM

Liked: 10
Boy, did we ever blow it!

TheaterInvite is a free service we offer just because we love home theaters, but it's not our main business. A while back we did a major restructuring of our servers for our main business (added new servers, rebuilt older ones, retired others). We also moved mail services around. When we did that, we broke the TheaterInvite mail system and didn't realize it.

For whatever reason, we had modified the code to still send admin reports, so we were getting those daily and assumed everything was working. At the same time, I sold my house with the home theater in it so I wasn't using theaterinvite myself.

A thousand apologies to those of you who tried to use the service and couldn't. Everything is working now and you should be able to use the service.

Thanks,

Lance
post #37 of 39 Old 07-25-2013, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheaterInvite View Post

TheaterInvite is a free service we offer just because we love home theaters, but it's not our main business. A while back we did a major restructuring of our servers for our main business (added new servers, rebuilt older ones, retired others). We also moved mail services around. When we did that, we broke the TheaterInvite mail system and didn't realize it.

For whatever reason, we had modified the code to still send admin reports, so we were getting those daily and assumed everything was working. At the same time, I sold my house with the home theater in it so I wasn't using theaterinvite myself.

A thousand apologies to those of you who tried to use the service and couldn't. Everything is working now and you should be able to use the service.

Thanks,

Lance

Cool. Just in time for Walking dead season 4 premiere. I'll give it another go.
post #38 of 39 Old 07-25-2013, 03:12 PM

if there was anyway to incoporate the invite through facebook also, that would be a winner
post #39 of 39 Old 07-31-2013, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheaterInvite View Post

Thanks,

Lance
Awesome! Just gave it a try and seems working fine. Thanks for the excellent service!
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page