Wow! Speechless...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 96 Old 08-20-2014, 10:10 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Has anyone else attempted a similar home theater chair build?
post #93 of 96 Old 10-13-2014, 02:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Greetings!

First of all, let me tell you that I am a great fan of your work. The recliners you did are just state of the art!

I was wondering, if you had any more info you could share as far as design, measurements, Bill of materials for the prototype model you did.
I think I have a shot at making that one, using wood from home depot and vinyl instead of leather.
post #94 of 96 Old 10-13-2014, 05:15 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrip View Post
Are there plans for the these seats anywhere?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingershadow View Post
Greetings!

First of all, let me tell you that I am a great fan of your work. The recliners you did are just state of the art!

I was wondering, if you had any more info you could share as far as design, measurements, Bill of materials for the prototype model you did.
I think I have a shot at making that one, using wood from home depot and vinyl instead of leather.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think @jelloslug used Leggett and Platt recliner mechanisms. You can find them at Leggett's homefurniturecomponents.com website (as mentioned above). I talked to a rep and they said the P03 is the most popular mechanism that they sell for this purpose. This specific model is not listed on the website, but I think the P03 model might be the same as (or similar to) the EasyCliner model listed under the "Wood to Floor" section.

The actual models available appear to vary by region, so you'll want to contact them directly. They DO sell to individuals, and so far as I know they do not have a minimum (I asked about ordering three). Your experience may differ, but in my region they have not responded well to emails. Getting them to return phone calls has been difficult. If you are persistent you will eventually get somebody to help you. When you talk to a rep you should be able to ask them for a copy of the "technical drawings" for the model you are interested in. These will show dimensions for the mechanism and will give you a general sense for how to assemble it to the chair.

If you decide to build chairs, please start a thread for your build and post a link here. The number of people doing this is sorely lacking. If we had more threads on the subject maybe more people would be willing to jump in and DIY.
post #95 of 96 Old 10-13-2014, 11:22 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Did you consider adding those asskicker bass things that make your seats rumble during your movie??

Those are some amazing seats. Congrats.
post #96 of 96 Old 10-14-2014, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Very Nice!
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page