post #31 of 124 Old 09-22-2011, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck1210 View Post

I ordered my seats from Roman a few days ago. And low and behold what happens this morning? The charges for the seats from 4seating appear on my credit card!! Man these people are idiots.....I notified my CC company and said the charges are not valid. I don't even have an invoice from 4seating!! Since when can you charge people thousands of dollars without even an invoice??

The problem is once they have the card number they can do whatever they want!

Also file a claim with the BBB, that's what they do.

Don't waste time reading signatures.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 124 Old 09-23-2011, 10:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I found this thread after I submitted my order so I figured I'd come back and report my experience. I saw that they had a labor day banner ad, so I figured they were at least keeping the site up-to-date and I knew I could always dispute the charge on my credit card if things didn't come through.

Anyhow, quick update... ordered 9/4/2011 and received a typical email confirmation. I hadn't heard anything else for 2 weeks (aside from seeing my card charged) so I called them and they said the seats were shipping that day and the next contact I would receive would be from the shipping company to schedule delivery. That part was true, but I it took 7-9 days before I heard from the shipping company.

The driver called me when he was close to the house. I asked him if he'd put them in the garage because just my fiancee was home and he said he usually tries to do that. Fiancee reported that he got them in the garage and sure enough they were on pallets when I got home.

I ordered the SeatCraft "High Roller" models but at a clearance price. Not sure why they were on clearance because they were also listed at full price. Anyhow, the packaging was heavy duty cardboard boxes with the corners reinforced with those non-corrogated corner pieces and fully wrapped with layers of shrink wrap. The seats themselves were in two pieces: seat back and base. Just put the seatback on the tracks and press down till it clicks. All of the seats were the correct model and color. I ordered a 3 and 2 config because a straight 5 was not available on the "clearance page".

In terms of quality...well, they are made in china. I'd say for the clearance price ($2000 shipped for 5 high roller seats) I got exactly what I paid for. Reasonably nice leather seats. My fiancee thinks they are pretty nice and so does a buddy who helped me move them. I am rather picky and cynical, so I think they are probably good quality and definitely sturdy but not necessarily exceptional. The seats are a tad stiff for me but I did notice my center seat was improving after I watched a couple of movies tonight. I would say at the full price (I think $3000+), I would opt for something american made.

Here are some crappy pictures I took tonight with my phone. Wish I had a better camera for you. The room is our bonus room over the garage with my 73" mitsu DLP and my budget energy speaker setup (pioneer vsx-719, bic america 12" sub, ps3, macbook pro 13" for mkv playback).

Feel free to ask me any questions. Overall, if you have a tight budget this place is worth a shot...just use your credit card, I got what I paid for just with poorer than usual communication (I expected it from reading this thread though). If you have good money to spend, I would probably buy american and through a better known vendor.

post #33 of 124 Old 09-24-2011, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Glad to hear a positive story and to be honest they are good looking seats

Irish Copper Top Tavern & Theater

Theater Build Version 2.0 LOOK HERE

Cuzed Approved C.C.C. (Certified Column Counselor)

XBOX Live: Zz NiNj4 D4D zZ
post #34 of 124 Old 09-27-2011, 05:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 21
That is a great price....but they are bonded leather, not real top grain leather.

Bonded leather is about 15% real leather. And American made seats will run you at least $1K per seat.
post #35 of 124 Old 09-27-2011, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu View Post

That is a great price....but they are bonded leather, not real top grain leather.

Bonded leather is about 15% real leather. And American made seats will run you at least $1K per seat.

Hence the reason he ordered these. Some of us are on a "budget" around here

post #36 of 124 Old 09-27-2011, 11:58 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 25
Quote:

And American made seats will run you at least $1K per seat.

This is not true, either. There are lots of options for American-made leather seats under $1,000 per chair.

Ken Lerch
StargateCinema.com
Home Theater Seating and Decor
HTSeating.com
Home Theater Seating

post #37 of 124 Old 09-28-2011, 05:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLerch View Post

This is not true, either. There are lots of options for American-made leather seats under $1,000 per chair.

Such as? My Hancock and Moore was $2K and a Wellington recliner is $1.8K.

They are both made in North Carolina. I would love to see similar quality for $1K.
post #38 of 124 Old 09-28-2011, 06:08 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 25
I don't want to get into a debate about if their quality is similar to the two brands you've mentioned, but here are a few American-made brands that manufacture home theater chairs that can be purchased for under $1000 in leather or leather match:

Lane
Albany
RowOne
Ashley
Jackson/Catnapper
and even Fortress has a model that is close to the $1000 price point, but just a little over.

Ken Lerch
StargateCinema.com
Home Theater Seating and Decor
HTSeating.com
Home Theater Seating

post #39 of 124 Old 09-28-2011, 08:43 AM
Advanced Member

The above pieces are primarily manufacterd in China and then "assembled" in the US. They also rely on bonded leather (IE 15% real leather processed in China). They are not true american made products, nor can they be at that price point.

I am familiar with how the furntiure industry works. On the good quality American brands (H and M, Bradington and Young, Flexsteel, Wellington) you first have to pay for a skilled crafstman/women. They make about $18-20 an hour. A quality piece will used kiln dried wood that is 8 way hand tied.

Even so, to get a recliner under $2K they need to use married covers. Married covers are tannned and pre cut in China and then sent as packages to North Carolina, as is the case with Hancock and Moore. H and M have the most stringent requirements.

As the price point moves towards $1K you are going to make sacrifices in quality that is no longer consistent with the standards of true American made furniture.
post #40 of 124 Old 09-28-2011, 08:50 AM
Advanced Member

BTW, I see you carry Jaymar and Coja...very nice seats.

BTW, I don't mean to be a seat snob....there is no way I could afford multiple $2k seats. I have 2 Berklines for the infrequent occasion when I can get my wife to watch a movie w/ me.

Now my MLP is a H and M w/ married cover.
post #41 of 124 Old 09-28-2011, 03:36 PM

I was looking at ordering seating from 4seating as well. Sounds like it is pretty mixed, but for the most part they seem to deliver.

The main reason I was looking at 4seating.com is that they have the best price.

Maybe I will look elsewhere. Also, on the SeatCraft subject, I was looking into getting those because of the price, but is there a better option out there? I had read online that Berkline went into bankruptcy last April. Is that really the case, and if so, are they a good choice?

We just bought a house with a theater room built in, but I have no idea what to do about seating or where to buy from. Any advice would be greatly welcomed!
post #42 of 124 Old 10-07-2011, 10:09 AM

Figured i post on my exsperiance with 4seating.com I have ploaced two order's first order i placed was for my first row of seating Bellagio Theater Seats, Placed order on the 10th of sept called everyday around noon to find out if shipped or if order was even placed, allways talked to someone, Guess they lost my first order and had to reorder on the 16, Charged card of the 16.So i waited until 20th to find out tracking number said they shipped waiting on tracking number recieved that night around closing time, The good thing they arrived from California to Florida In Six day's had seats on the 26.

Quality of the seats Look very good, I give it a 10 out of 10 for looks, a little light on wood side but it's what i excepted for the price i paid. They seem like the arms could use a little more support seem a little loose, The the recliner works really good.

Ok Now to second order place on the 26 the day i recieved them, it was a filler order did not fill like spending 4k on seats with as many mixed reviews i have read so everything went allright on first order thought it would be ok for the second. lol They charged my card that day for second order, WAITED till friday to call and find out if shipped, They said they were missing centerlove seat would ship out today, I called today before i posted this and they said recieved love seat now waiting on Tray's that come with them they want to ship all items at once. Will ship out Tuesday, We Will see, I will keep everyone posted.

Closing, I only had a budget around $4500 and wanted 8 seat's, The room width was 16 ft, I had a very hard time finding any type of seatup with loveseat in middle that would fit and be able to walk around both side's, I like what i got and they look great, Don't be in rush if you order from 4seating and call them every chance you get.

Here are some pics of what i have set up right now Still have to run wires in wall but not until i get last row and and get speakers in the right spot's.

post #43 of 124 Old 10-07-2011, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

^^LOL Any pictures of the FRONT of the seats? All 3 pictures are from the backs of them. And the quality is a bit poor (probably a cell phone camera)as well but I wont be picky

post #44 of 124 Old 10-07-2011, 12:11 PM

LOL, Sorry about that did not have any high res pics online just had to upload some but here they are.

post #45 of 124 Old 10-07-2011, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member

They look good in person. These are one of the seats I have been considering for a number of reasons (price being one)but I am curious. How "comfortable" are they? Also the seat back looks nice and plush however the seat bottom itself appears to be quite flat and doesnt look "inviting".

post #46 of 124 Old 10-07-2011, 01:11 PM

The back is very Nice, The bottom I swear when i looked at it i was going to return them, Sat in them for the first movie, and they are like Tempur-Pedic Material when you get out they still are sunk in for a few minutes and then back to beinging flat. I have a watched quite a few back to back movies with my wife and son, And she has not complained yet, And neither has anyone one else that has sat in them.
post #47 of 124 Old 10-07-2011, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

^ This is good to hear. One of the two reasons I have been contemplating other seats over these is that seat doesnt look comfortable/contouring in pictures. That and they are listed at 100" wide (set of 3) but I have yet to be able to get an true/accurate measurement from someone in their home. The reason is my riser is 100.5" lol

post #48 of 124 Old 10-16-2011, 07:05 PM

Quick update, Second order not going as good as first, Still have not recieved seats, and placed order on Sept 26, It will be three weeks, Tomorrow, They said they were out of stock and were shipping on the Oct 14 if so should have them by this Friday, We will see.
post #49 of 124 Old 10-17-2011, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmerculieff View Post

Quick update, Second order not going as good as first, Still have not recieved seats, and placed order on Sept 26, It will be three weeks, Tomorrow, They said they were out of stock and were shipping on the Oct 14 if so should have them by this Friday, We will see.

That's the main thing I noticed about them. They seem ridiculously unorganized. Some orders get totally misplaced, some take 4x as long for the same item, etc etc.
post #50 of 124 Old 10-18-2011, 06:09 PM

Well Second Row of Seating came into today, Never recieved anytype of shipping info or anything, Lol Just a phone call this morning wanting to know if i was going to be home.

All in all with them i really like the seats, And i know your going to get what you order, Just don't plan on getting them on time or anywhere around when you need them.
post #51 of 124 Old 10-18-2011, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Did you get the "Stadium" or "back row" of the Bellagio's? It appears your back row is taller and I know they offer a back row option that sit 7" higher. If so can you take some pictures of the back seats and give your opinion of those?

post #52 of 124 Old 10-18-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu View Post

Many of the lower cost Seatcraft models are but I chose this one for the real leather...or at least their claim. They feel and smell like it and included some leather swatches with each seat that matched the material and were clearly leather from the back of the swatch...for what it's worth.
post #53 of 124 Old 10-18-2011, 06:22 PM

Yes i did, Allmost decided to return on because they built on box larger on the back side will post pictures later, but decide i could take seat off base, And cut it down to size instead of waiting another month for one seat, If i had a back wall i really would not of cared!! Only two seats the love seats have base's the other are built into the the seat, Beacuse of the leather on the sides with the armrest.

I still have to build a small riser and put a step there When sitting down i can not even touch floor, Decided I'm going to build a small 6" riser step for the back row.
post #54 of 124 Old 10-18-2011, 06:50 PM

Here are pictures of back row and back of seats.
You can see where they made the screw up.

post #55 of 124 Old 10-19-2011, 02:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks for the pics. I would consider sending it back but that's just me. When your sitting in them you cant touch the floor? How tall are you?

Also are the "back row" seats just as comfortable as the front row seats?

post #56 of 124 Old 10-19-2011, 06:34 AM

5'9 But i had a friend sit in them to and he is 6'1 and he does not even touch the floor.
post #57 of 124 Old 10-19-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmerculieff View Post

I was holding off until I actually received my order, but I figured I'd post on the experience now and the actual item when it arrives..

I placed my order on Sept 9th. The guy I talked to was very nice and walked me through the process of adding on the things I wanted (tray tables, etc). Since this was an inventory reduction sale, he verified that they still had warehouse stock and told me it would ship right away and it should be about 7 days until the shipping company called me to make a delivery appointment. I expect 4-6 weeks, so that seemed pretty sweet.

I waited about 3 weeks and then called them back. After about 10-15 minutes they determined that they did not have that model in stock. However, they would be getting a shipment from the manufacture sometime in October. Thus, I should expect my seats in late Oct or early Nov.

So, we shall see when they actually arrive. Obviously, it's irritating to be told 7 days when it's, probably, going to be over 7 weeks. But, I'm still looking forward to getting them. Maybe they guy just watched Star Trek II and was doing the opposite of going by "the book."

At any rate, I'll post back with some pics once I receive them.

Star Trek reference for anyone not familiar:
Spock: Admiral, if we go "by the book". like Lieutenant Saavik, hours could seem like days.
post #58 of 124 Old 10-19-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamprey View Post

I was holding off until I actually received my order, but I figured I'd post on the experience now and the actual item when it arrives..

I placed my order on Sept 9th. The guy I talked to was very nice and walked me through the process of adding on the things I wanted (tray tables, etc). Since this was an inventory reduction sale, he verified that they still had warehouse stock and told me it would ship right away and it should be about 7 days until the shipping company called me to make a delivery appointment. I expect 4-6 weeks, so that seemed pretty sweet.

I waited about 3 weeks and then called them back. After about 10-15 minutes they determined that they did not have that model in stock. However, they would be getting a shipment from the manufacture sometime in October. Thus, I should expect my seats in late Oct or early Nov.

So, we shall see when they actually arrive. Obviously, it's irritating to be told 7 days when it's, probably, going to be over 7 weeks. But, I’m still looking forward to getting them. Maybe they guy just watched Star Trek II and was doing the opposite of going by "the book."

At any rate, I’ll post back with some pics once I receive them.

Star Trek reference for anyone not familiar:
Spock: Admiral, if we go "by the book". like Lieutenant Saavik, hours could seem like days.

Man, that is sorry service. Why don't you just order from someone reputable?? My seats were at my house 3 days after I ordered them from Roman.
post #59 of 124 Old 10-19-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksHitachi View Post

The problem is once they have the card number they can do whatever they want!

Also file a claim with the BBB, that's what they do.

I never updated, but they eventually refunded the money. The manager left me a nice message and said it was a mistake and apologized. I have never seen a company with such inconsistent service though. You never know what's going to happen.....
post #60 of 124 Old 10-19-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck1210 View Post

Man, that is sorry service. Why don't you just order from someone reputable?? My seats were at my house 3 days after I ordered them from Roman.

Price and availabilty.

This set of seats is relatively inexpensive and I didn't see them on any of the sites that the people that sell on AVS (including Roman). Given this experience, I might check with the other sellers to see if they can get them if I decide to get another row.
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page