4seating.com -Any recent good experiences? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 124 Old 07-05-2011, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have read all about the bad experiences with 4seating.com, but to my misfortune, I read this AFTER I placed my theatre seating order last week.

They sent the invoice and tracking info promptly. And I was able to call the customer service number and speak with a live person.

Can I ask - for the people with good experiences with this company (assuming there MUST be some out there *hoping*) - how was your item shipped?

My item was shipped via A company called DNA Freight via Bullet Transportation... My tracking info was referred to as a "Bill of Lading".

Is this normal practice to ship furniture this way?
debrag likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 124 Old 07-06-2011, 03:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
I have no experience in what you're saying other than I've seen FedEx even say Bill of Lading in the initial phase when they are transferring your package/furniture into the truck.

Current Projects:
IN PROGRESS (80%) - Building 3D Theater room.
IN PROGRESS (30%) - Building Lounge/Hallway Area.
IN PROGRESS (15%) - Building Home LAN (4 PCs).
ON HOLD - Building Home Gym.
ON HOLD - Building Simulation Room (Eyefinity).
ON HOLD - Building Theater room (Sim2 HT380, 2.35 14ft wide).
post #3 of 124 Old 07-06-2011, 04:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Word of caution.

Unpack all chairs and inspect for damage BEFORE signing or letting driver leave. I don't care how busy or rushed He/she is. If there is substantial damage refuse shipment entirely.

I speak from experience, not with this company though.....

Don't waste time reading signatures.....
post #4 of 124 Old 07-06-2011, 04:42 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
I was in exactly the same boat as you, about one year ago.

Fortunately, it all worked out just fine, so... relax.

Chairs arrived a few days earlier than expected. The shipping company called to set up the delivery. A tractor trailer pulled up to the front of the house, and the guy was very nice and wheeled everything into the garage from the road. I did inspect everything, and the delivery guy expected me to. He knew how some of these companies work.

The outer packaging was dented and/or ripped in a few places, like the chair fell off the pallette at some point at the manufacturer, but the chairs were packaged well enough that there was no damage.

4seating isn't known for their communication, but I think they changed ownership at some point and I had a decent experience.

Good Luck
post #5 of 124 Old 07-06-2011, 06:25 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 530
Years ago Berkline shipped my chairs with Averett Freight. When the truck arrived the driver helped me unbox them and carry the chairs into my walkout basement. After they were all in he refused a tip but welcomed a cold bottle of water that I had in the snack bar.

Federal Express Freight on the other hand dropped my Stewart screen off by my garage door unannounced. I found it but even on a bright sunny day the box was dripping wet and as limp as a noodle. No damage though.
post #6 of 124 Old 07-06-2011, 06:59 AM

Liked: 10
I got free shipping from hometheatergear.com on all my Palliser home theater seats! Plus I got a killer deal on the chairs!
post #7 of 124 Old 07-06-2011, 07:30 AM
Advanced Member

4seating is "free" shipping too.
post #8 of 124 Old 07-06-2011, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post
Years ago Berkline shipped my chairs with Averett Freight. When the truck arrived the driver helped me unbox them and carry the chairs into my walkout basement. After they were all in he refused a tip but welcomed a cold bottle of water that I had in the snack bar.

Federal Express Freight on the other hand dropped my Stewart screen off by my garage door unannounced. I found it but even on a bright sunny day the box was dripping wet and as limp as a noodle. No damage though.
UPS dropped my Stewart ST130 two times, both in front of me. You'd think they would figure out how to hold the box after dropping it once.

Current Projects:
IN PROGRESS (80%) - Building 3D Theater room.
IN PROGRESS (30%) - Building Lounge/Hallway Area.
IN PROGRESS (15%) - Building Home LAN (4 PCs).
ON HOLD - Building Home Gym.
ON HOLD - Building Simulation Room (Eyefinity).
ON HOLD - Building Theater room (Sim2 HT380, 2.35 14ft wide).
post #9 of 124 Old 07-09-2011, 03:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Curious like the OP if anyone else has dealt with 4seating.com and what their experiences were?

Irish Copper Top Tavern & Theater

Theater Build Version 2.0 LOOK HERE

Cuzed Approved C.C.C. (Certified Column Counselor)

XBOX Live: Zz NiNj4 D4D zZ
post #10 of 124 Old 07-09-2011, 08:05 PM
Advanced Member

Did you read my post above?
post #11 of 124 Old 07-09-2011, 09:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDUpstate View Post

Did you read my post above?

Yep I was looking to see if anyone else had anything else to offer

post #12 of 124 Old 07-09-2011, 11:08 PM
IT Guy

I ordered four chairs from them a few weeks ago. Shipping was slow but I wasn't in a rush for it either. (almost two weeks). no issues with them though. The trucking company called me a couple days before to verify the address and to make sure a 18 wheeler could get in and out of my neighborhood.

I created a build thread HERE, but I don't think I ever finished updating it.

See my album for finished pictures.
post #13 of 124 Old 07-11-2011, 09:50 PM

what seats did u guys get?
post #14 of 124 Old 07-12-2011, 09:33 PM

I recently purchased seating from 4 seating. I ordered 3 berk 12013's and 4 of the seatcraft euros (guest seating that fit where I needed it). Anyway I really have no complaints against 4seating all in all they weren't too bad to work with. I had to call them a couple of times with questions and in my opinion I had reasonable "hold"/wait times Shipping wasn't too bad I also had bullet transportation however they handed it off to a more "local" trucking company for final delivery. My only complaint with 4 seating was their check-out process, for a larger company it seemed a little amateurish.
post #15 of 124 Old 07-13-2011, 02:23 AM
AVS Special Member

^ Whats your opinion of the build quality/durability as well as comfort and appearance of the euros?

post #16 of 124 Old 07-13-2011, 03:30 AM
Advanced Member

Are you referring to the Eros? If so, I have those as well. With a 19 month old, I wanted something that wasn't leather, or too expensive, but still looked relatively good, and would hold up. These are great for that purpose. I've had spit, snot, drinks, whatever, on them, and they just clean right up. The recline mechanism in my primary location has a "little" play in it after a year. Only when you move side to side. Not really noticeable though. They are pretty comfortable.

I have the Aura Pro Bass Shakers in them, (not the ones sold by 4seating), and they are rock solid.

With a growing family, I knew I would likely upgrade or change out the seats at some point, and styles do change and padding wears out, so I chose not to drop any more money in that department.

You can see them in my room at:

http://mirror3.avsforum.com/avs-vb/s...php?p=20147281

If you would like any other pics, I'll see what I can do.
post #17 of 124 Old 07-13-2011, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

^^ I asked about the Eros as they are a "Seatcraft" product. I was looking at Seatcraft seats from 4seating and curious about their quality. Thanks for the input. Did you by chance get yours from 4seating or htoutlet(Ebay name)?

post #18 of 124 Old 07-13-2011, 09:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iusteve View Post

Curious like the OP if anyone else has dealt with 4seating.com and what their experiences were?

There are a number of existing threads that are available. Go to advance search, use title search only and "4seating.com and/or 4seating" for two searches. If you haven't read those existing threads, I would take the time to do so before ordering from them.

"Retired" AVS Moderator
post #19 of 124 Old 07-13-2011, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

^^ Thanks for the tips/suggestions they are appreciated. This thread popped up as someone before me posted a comment so I was inquiring about this company and their "current" reviews as most threads on here are older and outdated. The company has since changed ownership so I was inquiring whether their CS has improved etc since then.

post #20 of 124 Old 07-13-2011, 12:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
^^ Thanks for the tips/suggestions they are appreciated. This thread popped up as someone before me posted a comment so I was inquiring about this company and their "current" reviews as most threads on here are older and outdated. The company has since changed ownership so I was inquiring whether their CS has improved etc since then.
I'll take my moderator hat off for a moment:

I wouldn't discount the history. The retail market is littered with good intentions and promises. IMHO, there are enough retailers that post here with consistant long term high performance track records that offer competitive prices to take a leap of faith.

"Retired" AVS Moderator
post #21 of 124 Old 07-13-2011, 09:36 PM

As far as the Eros go you get what you pay for lol...they work for what I intended them for just guest seating. I would not want to use them as my primary viewing seating. One thing they don't make blantently clear is the recline mechanism is push back style and the footrest part when reclined is very short.
Like I said I feel I got what I paid for and the work well for my intended purpose!
post #22 of 124 Old 07-13-2011, 10:18 PM
AVS Special Member

There is no such a thing as free shipping when it comes to furniture. For smaller items of course when it's $10, $20, $30 to ship an item for a seller to be able to offer shipping for free. But with furniture on a smaller order, you are $125 at least with a residential delivery with appointment. Free shipping is always worked into the price in one way or another, it has to be due to cost. This is due to the size of goods and weight.

We have had many shipments $400-500 and some $700-$800 shipments as well depending on the size of the order and where it's going. Just food for thought, if you received a great price then it's all good in the end. Bottom line though "free shipping" is a deceptive term simply because there is no such a thing as free shipping when it comes to larger items such as theater seating.

Serge Breton
htauthority.com
Home Theater Authority
post #23 of 124 Old 07-14-2011, 03:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

^^ I asked about the Eros as they are a "Seatcraft" product. I was looking at Seatcraft seats from 4seating and curious about their quality. Thanks for the input. Did you by chance get yours from 4seating or htoutlet(Ebay name)?

4seating
post #24 of 124 Old 07-29-2011, 03:56 PM

On Monday of this week I placed a order with 4seating for a row of the 2 Eros in Black. I placed the order with them letting them know that the only day I would be able to receive the chairs was on Aug 5th as I was moving into my new place that day, and that was the only day I would be home to receive them. I did not just want them left on my curb and I have no vacation days left until October. At any rate, Julie took my order and made a note on my invoice that the chairs are to be delivered no earlier or no later than 8/5. I have a tracking number for Bullet frieght saying they will be in the Boston area on 8/4. I then have to set up delvery for 8/5. Will keep you updated, but so far so good. Keeping my fingers crossed.
post #25 of 124 Old 07-29-2011, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

As a follow up to this original post I started - the seats arrived in a very prompt manner and the quality was great for the price. The seats were delivered by a tractor trailor - the driver unloaded them into my garage and waited for me to inspect them. No issues at all. So, I assume that all the bad reviews that I read for this company in the pastwere in regard to the old owners of the company because things went very smoothly! It took about 2 weeks to get the chairs, so just be sure to plan a minimum of 2 weeks for delivery.

I did order the Seatcraft Eros and they are great. 4seating.com did a great job with everything and I would defintely order from them again. The prices are amazing and its too good of a deal to pass up.
post #26 of 124 Old 08-06-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmclain73 View Post

On Monday of this week I placed a order with 4seating for a row of the 2 Eros in Black. I placed the order with them letting them know that the only day I would be able to receive the chairs was on Aug 5th as I was moving into my new place that day, and that was the only day I would be home to receive them. I did not just want them left on my curb and I have no vacation days left until October. At any rate, Julie took my order and made a note on my invoice that the chairs are to be delivered no earlier or no later than 8/5. I have a tracking number for Bullet frieght saying they will be in the Boston area on 8/4. I then have to set up delvery for 8/5. Will keep you updated, but so far so good. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Just a quick update. I got my chairs delivered on the date I was promised. I had zero issues with 4seating, and they were great to deal with the entire time. Seeing as I could really only accept the chairs on a certain date made me a little nervous, but it all worked out I would order from them again. I ordered the chairs late on a Monday, after 7pm east coast time, and received them 9 business days later at noon on a Friday. They traveled from California to Boston. I could have gotten them a day earlier, but they were held up for me based on my situation.

I will make a review on the Eros seats in a new thread for those interested.
post #27 of 124 Old 09-19-2011, 01:24 PM

Any more recent updates?? I too placed my order a few hours ago and am wondering if I should cancel. Roman didn't have what I needed in stock, but I may call him back to check other models. I'm not too picky. All the recent reviews for 4seating seem to be decent though......
post #28 of 124 Old 09-19-2011, 07:00 PM

I would not worry. If you feel nervous about the purchase you can always call 4seating and they will give you updates as to your order every step of the way. They do ship from California so be patient.
post #29 of 124 Old 09-19-2011, 07:23 PM

I got cold feet and canceled the order at 4seating. They defintely seemed like a really amatuer setup. I called their number and selected the option to speak with someone about an order already placed. The lady that took my order earlier in the day answered, it was very obvious it was her.

She acted like she didn't remember the order, asked my name and all that. She put me hold to "pull up the order". I waited on hold for over 15 min and she never came back. I immediately called back 5 times and NO ONE answered. The same lady then answered and act like she hadn't talked to me!! I was amazed.

She said the transaction hadn't gone through yet and said she would void the order. Let's hope she does. I let my credit card company know.

I talked to Roman and he's setting me up with some Berkline models. He's a super nice guy. There's definitely a vast difference between the 2 companies.
post #30 of 124 Old 09-22-2011, 06:48 AM

I ordered my seats from Roman a few days ago. And low and behold what happens this morning? The charges for the seats from 4seating appear on my credit card!! Man these people are idiots.....I notified my CC company and said the charges are not valid. I don't even have an invoice from 4seating!! Since when can you charge people thousands of dollars without even an invoice??
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page