Forum Jump: 
 5Likes
post #481 of 510 Old 10-28-2014, 07:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Small Concession Poppers
When you purchase a Cretors popper, you purchase quality, convenience and durability. Every Cretors Small Concession Popper is built with the user in mind.
Check Out View Cart

6oz. 6oz.
Makes 6 one ounce servings per batch. 8oz. 8oz.
Makes 8 one ounce servings per batch.
12oz. 12oz.
Makes 12 one ounce servings per batch. 14oz. 14oz.
Makes 14 one ounce servings per batch.
Wagon Bases Wagon Bases
Convert any small concession counter top popper into a floor model.

i have had mine for over 10 years. Cretors popcorn machine company has been in business for about 100 years. Still located in chicago.
love it..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 510 Old 10-29-2014, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jautor View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by OJ Bartley

What about a difference between Paragon Models? I have been looking at the Cinema and Theater models, and the Theater is a little more expensive. They seem to be nearly identical, but some say that the Theater is a little stronger...any comparison of build quality? Anyone out there with a Cinema model who would say it lives up to the "built like a tank" standard (or close)?

You mean the "Cineplex" model? I have that one, in the copper finish, and it's great. There may be some build differences (didn't compare them in person), but build quality on the Cineplex is still excellent.

The advantage of the Cineplex models is that they were designed for home use. Meaning - the power cord is on the "back" and the controls, doors and graphics are on the "front". Allows you to put it on a bar or stand against a wall, but still have the "pretty" side facing out. A commercial popper faces the pretty side toward the customer - on the other side of the counter...

Jeff
Hey Jeff, did you ever try to use 6 oz popcorn bags in your Cinelex 4oz machine,if so did you have very many unpopped kernals and or any other issues? Thanks
post #483 of 510 Old 10-29-2014, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by unvmy69rs View Post
Hey Jeff, did you ever try to use 6 oz popcorn bags in your Cinelex 4oz machine,if so did you have very many unpopped kernals and or any other issues? Thanks
I don't use packs, and I really haven't tried more than 1/2 cup of corn (4 oz), but I might give it a try on Saturday and see how it comes out.

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht
post #484 of 510 Old 10-29-2014, 07:45 PM

That would be great, its one of those "deciding factors" for me. Much appreciated!

Marc
post #485 of 510 Old 10-31-2014, 09:58 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Same here. Seems most of the folks end up getting the Paragon Cineplex. I'm about to pull the trigger myself but would like to know as well can you load it up with 6 oz. similar to some of the other models.

I also contacted Paragon asking if they had a cart base for the copper Cineplex model instead of the stand base as I like the portability of the cart. We're setting up an inside/outside movie viewing venue where when its too cold, we can view in our sun room and when its nice, we can move outside to the deck. I feel the cart will look much better outside and as well inside the sun room. I suppose I could purchase one of the carts and repaint it copper to match but I think all the carts available are larger than Cineplex model. Anyone else match up a cart to the Paragon Cineplex?

JT
post #486 of 510 Old 10-31-2014, 11:55 AM

Paragon Cineplex Cart Option

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween View Post
Same here. Seems most of the folks end up getting the Paragon Cineplex. I'm about to pull the trigger myself but would like to know as well can you load it up with 6 oz. similar to some of the other models.

I also contacted Paragon asking if they had a cart base for the copper Cineplex model instead of the stand base as I like the portability of the cart. We're setting up an inside/outside movie viewing venue where when its too cold, we can view in our sun room and when its nice, we can move outside to the deck. I feel the cart will look much better outside and as well inside the sun room. I suppose I could purchase one of the carts and repaint it copper to match but I think all the carts available are larger than Cineplex model. Anyone else match up a cart to the Paragon Cineplex?

JT
Okay, just received an email from Paragon and this is their reply
Quote:
the small (4oz) carts will fit the cineplex (no matching colors):
So it looks like its possible.
post #487 of 510 Old 10-31-2014, 01:08 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 1
small red cart

the small cart for 4oz machines matches the 1911 and theater pop models more closely.
http://www.htmarket.com/pasmredpoca.html

see photo below. You might be able to paint it but the wheels are yellow they don't match the copper one too well.

You could probably get away with the yellow one and the red one on this cart.

If you want decals in front you could also look at the metropolitan popper (this has no cart) only a stand.

I posted photos so you can take a look, I also post metro popper and stand. If anybody wants a quote email us sales (at) htmarket.com, we are one of paragon largest online dealers since year 2000 so we have favorable cost structure with them.

Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	smallredcart.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	342994   Click image for larger version

Name:	red.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	343002   Click image for larger version

Name:	yellow.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	343010   Click image for larger version

Name:	copper.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	343018   Click image for larger version

Name:	metro.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	343026  

post #488 of 510 Old 10-31-2014, 01:41 PM

Red face

Quote:
the small cart for 4oz machines matches the 1911 and theater pop models more closely.

see photo below. You might be able to paint it but the wheels are yellow they don't match the copper one too well.

You could probably get away with the yellow one and the red one on this cart.

If you want decals in front you could also look at the metropolitan popper (this has no cart) only a stand.

I posted photos so you can take a look, I also post metro popper and stand. If anybody wants a quote email us sales (at) htmarket.com, we are one of paragon largest online dealers since year 2000 so we have favorable cost structure with them.

Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Thanks Alan. I think we have options now. I was wondering about about decals. Maybe I could purchase the decal separately and add them on after the repaint job. Something else I'll have to research.
post #489 of 510 Old 10-31-2014, 02:49 PM

decals

Quote:
Thanks Alan. I think we have options now. I was wondering about about decals. Maybe I could purchase the decal separately and add them on after the repaint job. Something else I'll have to research.
I'll check on decals with paragon.

Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #490 of 510 Old 10-31-2014, 03:41 PM

decals...

paragon decals already come on the poppers. If someone wants a custom decal put on a machine we would need the artwork in vector art and there is typically a an upcharge and 6-8 week lead time.

regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #491 of 510 Old 10-31-2014, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Assuming Paragon won't sell the decals - a quick eBay search of "popcorn decal" gave a lot of potential options...

But if you're going to put the unit on a cart anyway, do you really need the Cineplex model instead of one of other, cart-matching models? The benefit of the Cineplex is the rear-facing door/decals. If you can walk behind the machine where it's pushed to - you might prefer the traditional layout with the 'front' being the pretty side...

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
post #492 of 510 Old 10-31-2014, 09:02 PM

traditional model

I agree if your rolling it around you could stick with the theater pop or 1911 models that have graphics on front not back of machine. Lots of ways to go when you buy a machine, who would of thought buying a popcorn machine would be complicated.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #493 of 510 Old 11-02-2014, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unvmy69rs View Post
Ok, I tried putting in 3/4 cup (6 oz) of corn into the Cineplex last night. The results were ok, and I need to run another batch test to see if it really helps. I didn't increase the amount of oil (1/4 cup), based on the recipes I've seen, but the batch came out very dry, and there were more unpopped kernels. Now, I don't know if it was 'a lot' based on the 50% increase in corn, though. But looking at the batch when it was done, it certainly didn't look like 50% more popped corn. I need to try it again and increase the amount of oil some, to see if that helps.

So, I think I'd say "promising" at this point...

post #494 of 510 Old 11-02-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Ok, I tried putting in 3/4 cup (6 oz) of corn into the Cineplex last night. The results were ok, and I need to run another batch test to see if it really helps. I didn't increase the amount of oil (1/4 cup), based on the recipes I've seen, but the batch came out very dry, and there were more unpopped kernels. Now, I don't know if it was 'a lot' based on the 50% increase in corn, though. But looking at the batch when it was done, it certainly didn't look like 50% more popped corn. I need to try it again and increase the amount of oil some, to see if that helps.

So, I think I'd say "promising" at this point...
Well I appreciate you trying and at least theres lots of popcorn for you to eat during the experiment! I have a 2.5 oz kettle right now and when I load it up with 4 oz of corn I dont get 4 oz of popped corn, maybe 2-3/4 to 3 oz actually pop, but it is a Great Northern with limited kettle space and probably low wattage.

If 5oz popped in the Cineplex I would be happy.
post #495 of 510 Old 11-05-2014, 06:39 AM

Popcorn Supply Recommendations

I just pulled the trigger and ordered the Paragon Cineplex based upon the excellent recommendations here in this and other forums on the web. Looking now to order the supplies to get this puppy up and running. I've decided to go with the following:

Oil - Carrington Farms Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Seasoning - Gold Medal Flavacol Seasoning Salt
Popcorn - Country Harvest Bulk or Great Northern Organic Yellow Gourmet

Any comments on this selection would be greatly appreciated. I'm specifically interested in which bulk popcorn brands folks find to produce the best tasting popcorn from their machines. I notice a lot of folks use the popcorn packs, but these come with both the kernals and the oil/flavor mix. Since I'm going with the coconut oil and Flavacol seasoning, the packs are not an option here.

Thanks for any recommendations on any of the above. I'm looking forward to movie night with my family!
post #496 of 510 Old 11-05-2014, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
I just pulled the trigger and ordered the Paragon Cineplex based upon the excellent recommendations here in this and other forums on the web. Looking now to order the supplies to get this puppy up and running. I've decided to go with the following:

Any comments on this selection would be greatly appreciated. I'm specifically interested in which bulk popcorn brands folks find to produce the best tasting popcorn from their machines. I notice a lot of folks use the popcorn packs, but these come with both the kernals and the oil/flavor mix. Since I'm going with the coconut oil and Flavacol seasoning, the packs are not an option here.

Thanks for any recommendations on any of the above. I'm looking forward to movie night with my family!
I use the 8 oz Gold Medal mega pop portion packs. It has the coconut oil, flavacol salt, and corn. I also bought extra carton of flavacol to salt to taste.
post #497 of 510 Old 11-05-2014, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluer101 View Post
I use the 8 oz Gold Medal mega pop portion packs. It has the coconut oil, flavacol salt, and corn. I also bought extra carton of flavacol to salt to taste.
Since its the 8 oz packs, do you only use half of it for the 4 oz machines?
post #498 of 510 Old 11-05-2014, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Since its the 8 oz packs, do you only use half of it for the 4 oz machines?
I have an 8 oz great northern popper. But you can get them in all sizes.

#2834 - 4oz kettle kits
#2836 - 6oz kettle kits
#2838 - 8oz kettle kits
#2839 - 12oz kettle kits
#2846 - 16oz kettle kits
post #499 of 510 Old 11-05-2014, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluer101 View Post
I have an 8 oz great northern popper. But you can get them in all sizes.

#2834 - 4oz kettle kits
#2836 - 6oz kettle kits
#2838 - 8oz kettle kits
#2839 - 12oz kettle kits
#2846 - 16oz kettle kits
Great! I'll put #2834 on my shopping list. Thanks for your input.
post #500 of 510 Old 11-05-2014, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Great! I'll put #2834 on my shopping list. Thanks for your input.
You can order a few from eBay or Amazon to try. If you like them then get a case. I find them very easy to use plus with the extra salt everyone's happy.

Gold medal is who makes the salt anyways.
post #501 of 510 Old 11-06-2014, 11:23 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What do you think of this for something on a budget?

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/popcorn....ip?navAction=
post #502 of 510 Old 11-06-2014, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill97Z View Post
What do you think of this for something on a budget?

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/popcorn....ip?navAction=
That is an air popper.

I have the Great Northern 8 oz for over a year now and love it. I got mine from Costco online with free shipping. With Costcos return policy you can't go wrong to get your feet wet. So far mine has paid for itself.

http://m.costco.com/Great-Northern-P...100107720.html

Last edited by bluer101; 11-06-2014 at 12:10 PM.
post #503 of 510 Old 11-11-2014, 05:47 AM

Quote:

Okay, Cineplex just arrived. Ordered the cart along with some supplies to get started. All should be in sometime this week. Will post a picture of the setup when I've got it in place. Almost movie night
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Paragon Cineplex.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	361026  
post #504 of 510 Old 11-12-2014, 08:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Okay, Cineplex just arrived. Ordered the cart along with some supplies to get started. All should be in sometime this week. Will post a picture of the setup when I've got it in place. Almost movie night
Why wait?!??! IIRC, the unit comes with one pre-pack to get you started. Get that sucker out of the box!

post #505 of 510 Old 11-12-2014, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Why wait?!??! IIRC, the unit comes with one pre-pack to get you started. Get that sucker out of the box!
Yippers. There was a pre-pack in the box. The cart is being delivered today. So what's stopping me??? More to follow
post #506 of 510 Old 11-13-2014, 05:16 AM

Paragon Cineplex antique copper machine and cart now set up. Really like how it matches the rubbed oil bronze door hardware as well as the travertine pavers in the floor. I don't think the yellow or red options would have worked as well out here. Now just waiting on some supplies to stock the cart. We do have the one Country Harvest kit that came with the machine, so will start with that this weekend.

Very happy with how fast the Cineplex popcorn machine and cart arrived and both in perfect shape via Fedex.

Anyone have experience making popcorn using jalapenos to spice it up? I used to work in a fighter squadron in the Air Force, and the pilots/mission planners used to make some really wicked jalapeno popcorn that brought tears to my eyes every time I worked in their section. But the taste was worth the short irritation. I really never watched close enough to what they were doing to learn. So if anyone has a technique, please let me know.

post #507 of 510 Old 11-13-2014, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Paragon Cineplex antique copper machine and cart now set up. Really like how it matches the rubbed oil bronze door hardware as well as the travertine pavers in the floor. I don't think the yellow or red options would have worked as well out here.
Looks great - and I agree 100%, the color blends in much better for a non-movie-themed room. I bought it for the same reason.

Quote:
Anyone have experience making popcorn using jalapenos to spice it up? I used to work in a fighter squadron in the Air Force, and the pilots/mission planners used to make some really wicked jalapeno popcorn that brought tears to my eyes every time I worked in their section. But the taste was worth the short irritation. I really never watched close enough to what they were doing to learn. So if anyone has a technique, please let me know.
Here's the simplest way - but probably won't be up to pepper-spray levels of spice:

http://www.kernelseasons.com/product...seasoning.html

(their Garlic Parmesan is excellent, too)

post #508 of 510 Old 11-13-2014, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Looks great - and I agree 100%, the color blends in much better for a non-movie-themed room. I bought it for the same reason.

Here's the simplest way - but probably won't be up to pepper-spray levels of spice:

http://www.kernelseasons.com/product...seasoning.html

(their Garlic Parmesan is excellent, too)
Thanks for the link. I seem to remember the folks I worked with actually used real jalapenos from a jar. I did find another forum (http://www.flyingsquadron.com/forums...apeno-popcorn/) that explained they would use sliced jalapenos and put them in the oil before adding the kernels. When the jalapenos where crispy they would then add the kernels. They did mention to pat dry the jalapenos before adding to the oil. I imagine that would be to avoid splatter.
post #509 of 510 Old 11-13-2014, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for the link. I seem to remember the folks I worked with actually used real jalapenos from a jar. I did find another forum (http://www.flyingsquadron.com/forums...apeno-popcorn/) that explained they would use sliced jalapenos and put them in the oil before adding the kernels. When the jalapenos where crispy they would then add the kernels. They did mention to pat dry the jalapenos before adding to the oil. I imagine that would be to avoid splatter.
Yeah, you'd want to get any liquid off of them to avoid splatter. The nice thing about the toppings is that you're not committed to the whole batch - I've got a whole tray full of these shakers and friends enjoy trying different ones. But building the flavor into the recipe is certainly the most flavorful way to go!

post #510 of 510 Unread Today, 05:48 PM
AVS Special Member

FYI - Amazon has the Paragon Theater Pop TP-6 machine (6 oz) as a lightning deal (3 hours left) for $339.99...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...d_p=1990147102

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page