Popcorn machine recommendations - Page 26 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 90Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #751 of 775 Old 03-04-2017, 08:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Fazzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: CT
Posts: 203
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by casino187 View Post
Also on my 4 oz cineplex, I get a lot of unpopped kernels. I see them all fly out of the top during the beginning of the popping process. Is this because I'm using too many or what? I have a lot.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have the same issue. Just bought a copper Cineplex and am using the 4oz Fun Pop pre-packs. The only thing I've see on here to help is the magnets on the lid. Is there any other solution besides that? I'd say about 1/3 to 1/2 are not popping.

Also, with the pre-packs I come close to burning my hand when trying to squeeze out the oil glob from the pack every time. Anyone have a good idea for that other than pre-melting the oil?
Fazzz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #752 of 775 Old 03-05-2017, 07:46 AM
Senior Member
 
casino187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 234
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazzz View Post
I have the same issue. Just bought a copper Cineplex and am using the 4oz Fun Pop pre-packs. The only thing I've see on here to help is the magnets on the lid. Is there any other solution besides that? I'd say about 1/3 to 1/2 are not popping.



Also, with the pre-packs I come close to burning my hand when trying to squeeze out the oil glob from the pack every time. Anyone have a good idea for that other than pre-melting the oil?


I also have that issue with the pre packs. There isn't much room to work with. I'm trying to start using stainless steel scoops. But those packs are so convenient.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yamaha RX-A3060, Emotiva XPA-3, 120" SI Black Diamond Zero Edge 1.4 Gain, Epson 6040UB Projector, 2 x Bowers and Wilkins 683 S2 - Fronts, Bowers and Wilkins HTM61 S2 Center,
4 x Bowers and Wilkins CWM664 In wall Surrounds,4 x RSL C34 In ceiling speakers for Atmos, 2 x SVS SB16-Ultra Subs, Seating: 4 x Seatcraft Sonoma Recliners
My terribly shot media room
casino187 is offline  
post #753 of 775 Old 03-05-2017, 08:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Moebius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Memphis area
Posts: 1,355
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 74
I'm wondering if the kettle size is a bit misleading in the grand scheme of things. I've got an 8oz GN machine (Costco model), but since more often than not it's just me and the wife, I bought a box of 4oz pre-packs. They work great, very few old maids, comes out great every time. I figured when I have others over, it'll be easy enough to either go from scratch, or make multiple batches of the packs. Then one time I figured since it's an 8oz kettle, I'd double up. That didn't end too well. Significantly higher rate of unpopped kernels, also saw some flying out early on, and produced enough extra particulate heavy steam to set off the smoke detector (which is alarm monitored, so much fun to be had there). So from now on, I'm just planning on sticking to 4oz batches, or maybe try the equivalent of 6oz from scratch.

Remember, no matter where you go... You're not where you were anymore.
Moebius is offline  
 
post #754 of 775 Old 03-05-2017, 11:20 AM
Member
 
Thundersnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 162
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I just bought the paragon cineplex 4oz in copper, should be delivered tomorrow. I also bought some supur-kist two and flavacol along with pre measured 4oz packets.
We are so excited, Love movie theater popcorn
Thundersnow is offline  
post #755 of 775 Old 03-05-2017, 12:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
T-Bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,592
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 22
With our 6 oz paragon, I do notice that it might leave 10 to 20 kernals unpopped. It's not possible to pop them all since some are ejected along with the popped kernals. Now i know why the Old Maid drawer is an important option !! I am okay with that amount unpopped.

If you want to deal with the liquid form of coconut oil in the pre-measured packs, just keep the popcorn in the warmest part of your house and it won't congeal/solidify.

-T
T-Bone is offline  
post #756 of 775 Old 03-06-2017, 04:05 PM
Member
 
Thundersnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 162
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Received my Paragon Cineplex 4oz machine today. I ordered through amazon but it was shipped from the retailers location not direct from amazon. I ordered the Copper model and instead received RED how in the heck does this happen? The box clearly states RED on the label. Now I have to wait for a reply from the shipper. I was looking so forward to having popcorn this weekend I guess now it has to wait.
Thundersnow is offline  
post #757 of 775 Old 03-06-2017, 06:03 PM
Senior Member
 
casino187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 234
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersnow View Post
Received my Paragon Cineplex 4oz machine today. I ordered through amazon but it was shipped from the retailers location not direct from amazon. I ordered the Copper model and instead received RED how in the heck does this happen? The box clearly states RED on the label. Now I have to wait for a reply from the shipper. I was looking so forward to having popcorn this weekend I guess now it has to wait.
I bought a copper one just like you and it was a warehouse deal, but I received a RED one. It was a slightly different version too. I think it was the theater pop version. is that what you got? like this one https://www.amazon.com/Paragon-Profe...ed+theater+pop

I had to return it as well and wait another 4-5 days. I was very excited and then disappointed. maybe they are mislabeled.

Yamaha RX-A3060, Emotiva XPA-3, 120" SI Black Diamond Zero Edge 1.4 Gain, Epson 6040UB Projector, 2 x Bowers and Wilkins 683 S2 - Fronts, Bowers and Wilkins HTM61 S2 Center,
4 x Bowers and Wilkins CWM664 In wall Surrounds,4 x RSL C34 In ceiling speakers for Atmos, 2 x SVS SB16-Ultra Subs, Seating: 4 x Seatcraft Sonoma Recliners
My terribly shot media room
casino187 is offline  
post #758 of 775 Old 03-07-2017, 02:03 PM
Member
 
Thundersnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 162
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by casino187 View Post
I bought a copper one just like you and it was a warehouse deal, but I received a RED one. It was a slightly different version too. I think it was the theater pop version. is that what you got? like this one https://www.amazon.com/Paragon-Profe...ed+theater+pop

I had to return it as well and wait another 4-5 days. I was very excited and then disappointed. maybe they are mislabeled.


The Red one I received was actually the same Cineplex model only wrong color. They emailed me today and are shipping out the copper one along with a free case of popcorn for the error.
Thundersnow is offline  
post #759 of 775 Old 03-08-2017, 07:41 AM
Newbie
 
GeorgeT93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thundersnow,

Sorry to hear about the mix-up, and hope that the correct machine gets delivered to you quickly! My Cineplex popper and stand got here yesterday, and so far, I'm loving it! I got the stand as an Amazon Warehouse deal ("Used-Like New" came to just over $73 for the stand including tax), and it's in perfect condition (even the white sticky paper used to cover the top was still in tact.) The only issue with the stand is that the leveling feet were missing. Not a big deal, as it's perfectly level where I put it, but I'd still like to have the feet in case I move the machine to another spot that may not be so level. So I shot off an email to Paragon to see if I could purchase just the feet from them, but haven't heard back yet.

So far, I've only made 1 batch (using one of the packs that came with the popper), but it came out fantastic! I've got a case of FunPop on the way, though I really liked the stuff that came with the machine (seemed more of a carnival taste than a movie theater taste). With the pack that came with the popper, I wound up with roughly 20ish unpopped kernals. I'm far from an expert on these machines, but 20 or so unpopped kernals seemed perfectly acceptable. I don't know if that's more or less unpopped kernals than those who have said they have a lot of unpopped kernals, so I figured I'd pass on my preliminary results for those folks who are having a lot of 'old maids' so they could decide for themselves if their machines are leaving more or less unpopped kernals than other people using the same machines.

In any case, thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread. It has a ton of useful information that, well frankly, it made my purchase decision *more* difficult, since I was going to just settle for a cheaper Great Northern unit. Ultimately, I feel that the information helped me make a much better purchasing decision, which, while I did spend more than I originally planned, I feel like I've got a good, solid, well-built machine that I'm sure I will be happy with for years to come!
GeorgeT93 is offline  
post #760 of 775 Old 03-08-2017, 08:28 AM
Senior Member
 
casino187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 234
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 13
One other note. My cineplex 4oz machine kicked my break the first 3-4 times that I used it. Now it doesn't. So if this happens to you, just use it a few more times and maybe it'll be ok.

Yamaha RX-A3060, Emotiva XPA-3, 120" SI Black Diamond Zero Edge 1.4 Gain, Epson 6040UB Projector, 2 x Bowers and Wilkins 683 S2 - Fronts, Bowers and Wilkins HTM61 S2 Center,
4 x Bowers and Wilkins CWM664 In wall Surrounds,4 x RSL C34 In ceiling speakers for Atmos, 2 x SVS SB16-Ultra Subs, Seating: 4 x Seatcraft Sonoma Recliners
My terribly shot media room
casino187 is offline  
post #761 of 775 Old 03-08-2017, 05:04 PM
Member
 
Thundersnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 162
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 36
GeorgeT93, I also ordered some of the FunPop packs. I didn't realize the Cineplex came with any popcorn, I didn't look inside before I shipped it back.
Enjoy!
Thundersnow is offline  
post #762 of 775 Old 03-09-2017, 06:16 AM
Newbie
 
GeorgeT93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Thundersnow,

I didn't realize the Cineplex came with them either! LOL! But there were (2) 4-ounce packs of Paragon's popcorn in the box, along with a scoop (which I didn't realize it came with, and I had already ordered *the exact same scoop* from Amazon! Oh well, for the 7 bucks I spent on the extra scoop, I'll just keep it as a backup.)

But the scoop and popcorn packs were, iirc, inside the cardboard box that sits under the kettle (not the one that 'wraps' around the kettle base, but the one below it). I'm honestly ashamed to admit it, but it must have taken me a good 20 minutes or so to get the cardboard boxes out, as I was so worried I was going to bend a kettle support or something else as I tried to figure out how to best remove the boxes without damaging anything. Then I realized I could just lift the tilting metal tray out (from under the glass door of the unit), and then the box slid right out without a problem. So if you encounter any trouble getting the cardboard boxes out of the unit when your replacement gets there, just open the unit's door, slide the metal tilting tray (that sits directly under the door) up and out of the unit. Then the bottom box will slide right out, and the one wrapped around the kettle base will just come off and out as soon as the lower box is removed.

Hope your replacement arrives quickly!
GeorgeT93 is offline  
post #763 of 775 Old 03-25-2017, 04:33 AM
Member
 
makaveli7x7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
seems like the paragon poppers are "decently" priced, wish they were 6 or 8oz sized for those prices tho. im still having trouble wrapping my head around what size i need, i sometimes like to pig out and fill up a really big bowl, but not sure if a 4oz can pull that off. The main thing turning me off a bit is the aluminum kettle. I try to stay away from aluminum when i cook, and ive never even heard of anodized aluminum being used in cookware before, at least this is the first time ive heard of it advertized as such. It looks like the GM funpop 4 is basically the same price as the cineplex or similar paragons. "paragon seems they have so many models around the same price but so hard to tell what the difference is other than looks".

Earlier in the thread people mentioned warrenties as a deciding factors, but from what i can tell they are both 2 or 3 year warrenties now, basically identical in that regard now. So why would people choose the paragon over GM?

Also if u do a google search on the funpop 8, there are sites listing it for $420 ish dollars, which is about $100 less than most places. Ive spotted at least 2 places priced like that. My question is why are they so much cheaper at those places? I did notice one of the places list the wattage as 920, and the other places where its expensive it is listed as 1050ish watts, so im very curious as to what is actually going on with that. typo? old stock with old features? or what? To me the funpop 8 at $400 ish sounds like a steal, whats everyone elses thoughts?
makaveli7x7 is offline  
post #764 of 775 Old 03-25-2017, 05:11 AM
Member
 
makaveli7x7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hmm....one thing i don't like is some places selling the funpop have it listed as from 'china'.....even the expensive places some say it, but i swear ive seen some that said usa......strange
makaveli7x7 is offline  
post #765 of 775 Old 03-25-2017, 03:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
T-Bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,592
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveli7x7 View Post
hmm....one thing i don't like is some places selling the funpop have it listed as from 'china'.....even the expensive places some say it, but i swear ive seen some that said usa......strange

Sams Club carries a line of GM (as do other sites I believe) where they are made in China. Example: Gold Medal 2404SC "Funpop" Popper with Cart

GM must have several lines where a few lines are made in China.

-T
T-Bone is offline  
post #766 of 775 Old 03-25-2017, 04:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
T-Bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,592
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveli7x7 View Post
seems like the paragon poppers are "decently" priced, wish they were 6 or 8oz sized for those prices tho. im still having trouble wrapping my head around what size i need, i sometimes like to pig out and fill up a really big bowl, but not sure if a 4oz can pull that off. The main thing turning me off a bit is the aluminum kettle. I try to stay away from aluminum when i cook, and ive never even heard of anodized aluminum being used in cookware before, at least this is the first time ive heard of it advertized as such. It looks like the GM funpop 4 is basically the same price as the cineplex or similar paragons. "paragon seems they have so many models around the same price but so hard to tell what the difference is other than looks".

Earlier in the thread people mentioned warrenties as a deciding factors, but from what i can tell they are both 2 or 3 year warrenties now, basically identical in that regard now. So why would people choose the paragon over GM?

Also if u do a google search on the funpop 8, there are sites listing it for $420 ish dollars, which is about $100 less than most places. Ive spotted at least 2 places priced like that. My question is why are they so much cheaper at those places? I did notice one of the places list the wattage as 920, and the other places where its expensive it is listed as 1050ish watts, so im very curious as to what is actually going on with that. typo? old stock with old features? or what? To me the funpop 8 at $400 ish sounds like a steal, whats everyone elses thoughts?
I have Paragon Theater Pop 6 oz. I have to say that I love the anodized aluminum kettle. To clean, I just wipe it with a paper towel. Takes no more than 10 seconds. I have a few anodized aluminum fry pans... easy to clean too... just not dishwasher safe SS kettles, if you read about how people clean them, is a PIA in comparison.

I am glad I went with the 6 oz. I pop GM Mega Pop pre-measured packs... it pop's large. No more than 20 kernals un-popped... sometimes fewer than that. But... I seriously considered the Paragon 4 oz... and if I went with the 4 oz, I was just going to have to make 2 batches back to back. Not the end of the world.

Just make sure the GM is Made in the USA if you are paying prices comparable to Paragon.

-T
T-Bone is offline  
post #767 of 775 Old Yesterday, 10:26 AM
Senior Member
 
casino187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 234
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I've had my paragon 4 oz cineplex for about 3 months and popped maybe 20 batches of popcorn. I noticed the kettle was getting worn after the first couple of batches. the stirrer thing that rotates rubs the bottom sometimes. Is this normal wear? Attached is a photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8566.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	2103833  

Yamaha RX-A3060, Emotiva XPA-3, 120" SI Black Diamond Zero Edge 1.4 Gain, Epson 6040UB Projector, 2 x Bowers and Wilkins 683 S2 - Fronts, Bowers and Wilkins HTM61 S2 Center,
4 x Bowers and Wilkins CWM664 In wall Surrounds,4 x RSL C34 In ceiling speakers for Atmos, 2 x SVS SB16-Ultra Subs, Seating: 4 x Seatcraft Sonoma Recliners
My terribly shot media room
casino187 is offline  
post #768 of 775 Unread Today, 09:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Moebius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Memphis area
Posts: 1,355
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Ironically, I have nearly the opposite almost-problem with my GN model. The stirrer rides a bit higher than I'd like and every so often get a piece stuck under it. I tried to bend a bit the last time I took the kettle apart for a deep cleaning, but I haven't used it since to see if that worked.

Remember, no matter where you go... You're not where you were anymore.
Moebius is offline  
post #769 of 775 Unread Today, 09:10 AM
Advanced Member
 
gingus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 510
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moebius View Post
Ironically, I have nearly the opposite almost-problem with my GN model. The stirrer rides a bit higher than I'd like and every so often get a piece stuck under it. I tried to bend a bit the last time I took the kettle apart for a deep cleaning, but I haven't used it since to see if that worked.
Mine does the same. I need to clean it as well. Just haven't gotten attend to it yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
gingus is offline  
post #770 of 775 Unread Today, 09:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Moebius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Memphis area
Posts: 1,355
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingus View Post
Mine does the same. I need to clean it as well. Just haven't gotten attend to it yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
It's a little bit of a pain to take apart, so I've only done that once so far. Normal cleaning is a quick wipe with a paper towel, just did the deep mostly to see if I could bend the arm any.

Remember, no matter where you go... You're not where you were anymore.
Moebius is offline  
post #771 of 775 Unread Today, 12:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PTAaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 1,961
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moebius View Post
Ironically, I have nearly the opposite almost-problem with my GN model. The stirrer rides a bit higher than I'd like and every so often get a piece stuck under it. I tried to bend a bit the last time I took the kettle apart for a deep cleaning, but I haven't used it since to see if that worked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingus View Post
Mine does the same. I need to clean it as well. Just haven't gotten attend to it yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Have you guys tried Gold Medal Popcorn Kettle Cleaner: https://www.amazon.com/Gold-Medal-20.../dp/B000LNR56S
The stuff is like magic! You just put it in the kettle, heat it up to a boil for a bit, let it cool, and pour it out. Gets it looking shiny and new.
thrillcat likes this.

-Aaron
English Way Cinema and Bar - moving on to v3.0... projector time in 2017!
PTAaron is offline  
post #772 of 775 Unread Today, 12:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Moebius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Memphis area
Posts: 1,355
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTAaron View Post
Have you guys tried Gold Medal Popcorn Kettle Cleaner: https://www.amazon.com/Gold-Medal-20.../dp/B000LNR56S
The stuff is like magic! You just put it in the kettle, heat it up to a boil for a bit, let it cool, and pour it out. Gets it looking shiny and new.
Funny thing is I've got a bottle of the stuff, just haven't tried it yet. I've actually be wondering if I could just set the kettle on a heat proof mat by my sink and plug it into the wall. Wasn't sure if the popper actually does anything to the voltage or just turns on the juice.

Remember, no matter where you go... You're not where you were anymore.
Moebius is offline  
post #773 of 775 Unread Today, 01:04 PM
Member
 
dlfurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Sun City, Ca
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 5
I realize my popper wouldn't work for everyone but we do watch a lot of movies which requires "perfect" popcorn!! Our popper is a restored 1950 Manley which a clean after every popping. I use only coconut oil, Flavacol yellow salt and Pop Secret corn which pops up the largest kernels of any brand.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2109.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	164.4 KB
ID:	2105865  
PTAaron and thrillcat like this.

Projectors: 35mm Kinoton PK60D/Epson 5010
Processors: Dolby CP-650
Amps: QSC's (3), and EV (1)
Speakers: JBL 3678's L-C-R (3), JBL 4645C's 18" SUBS (2) JBL 8330's SURROUNDS (4)
Screen: Harkness 3D Silver, 11x5 feet, mini-perf
dlfurr is online now  
post #774 of 775 Unread Today, 03:52 PM
Member
 
SD Vidiot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by casino187 View Post
I've had my paragon 4 oz cineplex for about 3 months and popped maybe 20 batches of popcorn. I noticed the kettle was getting worn after the first couple of batches. the stirrer thing that rotates rubs the bottom sometimes. Is this normal wear? Attached is a photo.
I've had a Paragon 6oz Theater Pop with a similar appearing kettle. I've been using the unit for more than 7 years and don't have any of that wear.

HB

Bear's Lair Home Theater

Howie: "I think my screen may be TOO big."
Norm: "Screens are like breast implants..."
SD Vidiot is offline  
post #775 of 775 Unread Today, 07:41 PM
Newbie
 
4Kix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: WI
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Vidiot View Post
I've had a Paragon 6oz Theater Pop with a similar appearing kettle. I've been using the unit for more than 7 years and don't have any of that wear.
Same here. I have the Paragon Contempo 6 had have had zero issues for the past five years or so. No wear like that on my kettle.
I clean it often with Fireball Degreaser that comes in a spray bottle. Cooked many batches over the years and it still looks great.
I would clean it up and then try bending the wire just enough to keep it off the bottom of the kettle.
4Kix is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off