Popcorn machine recommendations - Page 7 - AVS Forum
First ... 5  6  7 8  9  ... Last
Theater Room Items & Accessories > Popcorn machine recommendations
kaotikr1's Avatar kaotikr1 10:41 AM 02-15-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsbrother View Post

I am guessing it depends what kind of "butter" you put in it. I thought I read somewhere that SuperKist II can be heated/cooled many times without problems.

That's what I was led to believe.

nebrunner's Avatar nebrunner 11:53 AM 02-15-2012
I don't think there is anything close to butter in that butter. It's probably one of those foods that is so processed it will survive the apocalypse.
TheCrow1994's Avatar TheCrow1994 11:28 PM 02-15-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaotikr1 View Post

My final location. The wife surprised me with a Paragon warmer for Vday.

Attachment 237264

Looks great! My wife and I are thinking about purchasing that warmer. How do you like the Odell's Supur-Kist II? I've been contemplating ordering the NT version.
crunchyfrogs's Avatar crunchyfrogs 12:26 PM 02-16-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebrunner View Post

I don't think there is anything close to butter in that butter. It's probably one of those foods that is so processed it will survive the apocalypse.

I am ashamed to admit this is probably true. I have served some Supur-kist Two that is...old....no one went into grand mal seizures and then I tried it...tasted fantastic.
nebrunner's Avatar nebrunner 01:44 PM 02-16-2012
In the rubble of 2013, those of us who survive will be able to feast on twinkies dipped in popcorn butter.
KenLerch's Avatar KenLerch 02:10 PM 02-16-2012
Cockroaches, Supur-kist... and WALL-E
TheCrow1994's Avatar TheCrow1994 05:33 PM 02-16-2012
Just picked up a gallon of Odell's Supur-kist II topping from Prima Distribution, in Omaha, NE. Also, we bought a 100 case of "It's Showtime" popcorn tubs. Still trying to convince my wife to splurge for the Paragon dispenser.
Lt.Aldo.Raine's Avatar Lt.Aldo.Raine 05:58 PM 02-16-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrow1994 View Post

Just picked up a
gallon of Odell's Supur-kist II topping from Prima Distribution, in Omaha, NE. Also, we bought a 100 case of "It's Showtime" popcorn tubs. Still trying to convince my wife to splurge for the Paragon dispenser.

Good Stuff

\\

I use Mega Pop popcorn and it taste exactly like movie theater popcorn...

http://www.amazon.com/Gold-Medal-Pro...9440348&sr=8-1
TheCrow1994's Avatar TheCrow1994 06:57 PM 02-19-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Aldo.Raine View Post

Good Stuff

\\

I use Mega Pop popcorn and it taste exactly like movie theater popcorn...

http://www.amazon.com/Gold-Medal-Pro...9440348&sr=8-1

Yes. It is GREAT stuff. Thanks to your guys' recommendations, I don't think I'll be able to eat plain popcorn again. We don't have the dispenser yet, but it was very easy to warm up the Supur-Kist II in the microwave for about 20 seconds on high. After that, we just used a very small ladle to layer the butter on the popcorn.

If anyone knows, how is the Fun Pop kit taste in comparison to the Mega Pop kit. From what I understand, they are both Gold Medal products. I can get a pretty good deal on the Fun Pop kits locally.

Thanks.
godsbrother's Avatar godsbrother 09:52 AM 02-22-2012
Did you guys get the original Super-Kist II or the NT (Non-Trans)?
KenLerch's Avatar KenLerch 09:55 AM 02-22-2012
Quote:

If anyone knows, how is the Fun Pop kit taste in comparison to the Mega Pop kit. From what I understand, they are both Gold Medal products. I can get a pretty good deal on the Fun Pop kits locally.

The FunPop and MegaPop are the same exact product made for/by Gold Medal, just with different labels. Happy Popping.
TheCrow1994's Avatar TheCrow1994 02:46 PM 02-22-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLerch View Post

The FunPop and MegaPop are the same exact product made for/by Gold Medal, just with different labels. Happy Popping.

I should have guessed that...lol. Since the 4 oz Gold Medal popcorn machines are labeled Fun Pop. Thanks for the clarification, Ken! Looks like I will be ordering a case of the Fun-Pop kits soon.
KenLerch's Avatar KenLerch 02:52 PM 02-22-2012
You're exactly right. They are branded to match the machine name.
TheCrow1994's Avatar TheCrow1994 02:53 PM 02-22-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsbrother View Post

Did you guys get the original Super-Kist II or the NT (Non-Trans)?

I don't know how accurate this information is, but when we bought our Odell's Original Super-Kist II gallon, we were told that the original doesn't have trans fats either. Can anyone out there clarify this?
TheCrow1994's Avatar TheCrow1994 04:53 PM 02-22-2012
Looks like I was not given accurate information about the Odell's Original Supur Kist Two Buttery Topping. It has 2.0 grams of trans fat per serving. A serving size is 1 tablespoon. I guess I'll be ordering the NT version the next time. The trans fat content looks like it's the only difference between the two.
inyouratmosphere's Avatar inyouratmosphere 12:32 PM 02-23-2012
oh man...I LOVE popcorn.....I feel like no home theater set up is complete without a legit popcorn maker. mmmm and the smell of it makes the movie experience that much richer. Thanks for the ideas guys.
OJ Bartley's Avatar OJ Bartley 05:25 PM 03-09-2012
I think I mentioned that I would post a comparison of the 2 kinds of corn packs we have tried so far.

Of the two, we like the "Fun Pop" better, which tastes a little more like coconut oil, and is VERY close to the thratre popcorn. The "Theatre Time" is a little bit too buttery flavoured, and just not quite as tasty for us. It isn't bad, but we have really fallen for the Fun Pop.
TheCrow1994's Avatar TheCrow1994 06:45 PM 03-09-2012
Thanks for the comparison, OJ. I'll be ordering Fun-Pop packs soon. Right now we are using Country Harvest brand packs and want to see what else is out there in the popcorn world.
OJ Bartley's Avatar OJ Bartley 10:21 AM 03-10-2012
I'd love to hear your thoughts on comparing the two when you get it, Crow. I want to try more, but we have a lot of these 2 left so I can't justify buying something different yet.

Side note, it looks like, and I think I have heard, that the Fun Pop and Mega Pop are the same, just slightly differently branded.
Deandome's Avatar Deandome 04:36 PM 03-12-2012
Does anyone know of a GOOD cheese-corn 'sauce' that one can get in quantities of less than 30 lb buckets?

That's how gold-medal sells their cheese additives, but we can't/won't use that much.

We're about to order a 4oz Cineplex or a Paragon Professional model. Nobody's talked about that one...I really like the stainless finish, as this is going in our kitchen, which is next to our media area.
swarm87's Avatar swarm87 09:09 AM 03-25-2012
wish i had the space/funds for a real machine(more than likely my mom would kill me/kick me out for spending 100+ on a popcorn machine), but i like my whirley pop stove top machine. just need to find and perfect the perfect recipe. who would you guys recommend for portion packs stargate cinema or popcornpopper.com, ive only tried the ones from popcorn popper as i got 4 packs for free with my whirley pop and they are better than at movie theater, just a little more salty than id prefer but they also make a less salt version and i used it before i realized i had to preheat my stove.
bjamm's Avatar bjamm 09:44 PM 03-25-2012
Happy with my Great Northern 8oz popper & cart from Amazon. Got it for xmas from the wifey Coconut oil all the way and no butter/very little salt required
nebrunner's Avatar nebrunner 08:22 AM 03-26-2012
I bought some of the extra virgin gold medal coconut oil, and a competitors brand off amazon (cheaper) they are both delicious. They dont have the buttery taste but the very subtle coconut taste is good too.

I finished the bar area and the popcorn popper is now in its permanent home:

swarm87's Avatar swarm87 08:28 AM 03-27-2012
for anyone using a stovetop machine popcornpopper.com has a 70 quart warmer for ~$280 with us shipping. probably cheaper to buy a full machine but just putting it out there because it can keep other foods warm too(like nachos)
john_a_g's Avatar john_a_g 11:07 AM 04-05-2012
just got the ciniplex popcorn machine yesterday. Next step is considering "butter" topping. The question I have is this: what are people doing for small batches? We considered getting the dispenser but that seems way overkill since many times we'll just be making 4oz at a time. So, for small batches are people just warming in microwave and pouring on?
TheCrow1994's Avatar TheCrow1994 12:31 PM 04-05-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_a_g View Post

just got the ciniplex popcorn machine yesterday. Next step is considering "butter" topping. The question I have is this: what are people doing for small batches? We considered getting the dispenser but that seems way overkill since many times we'll just be making 4oz at a time. So, for small batches are people just warming in microwave and pouring on?

That's what we've been doing, just put some in a coffee mug. Place in the microwave, heat for 20-30 seconds, then use a ladle to pour on freshly popped popcorn.
brickie's Avatar brickie 08:29 PM 04-12-2012
Actually look on ebay for a Hot topper made by Presto. They make a microwave and an electric version. I have the electric. Works awesome to heat up oil or butter or whatever you want to use. For the budget minded i highly recommend it.

brickie
BroncoSport's Avatar BroncoSport 09:37 PM 04-12-2012
FYI, Amazon has the Paragon poppers on sale right now. I just bought a 6oz for $129.99. The Mega-Pop was on sale too, so I got a case of those as well!
jdskycaster's Avatar jdskycaster 09:51 PM 04-12-2012
Can you post a link. I am not seeing that pricing.
Thanks.
pokekevin's Avatar pokekevin 09:54 PM 04-12-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdskycaster View Post

Can you post a link. I am not seeing that pricing.
Thanks.

Ditto
First ... 5  6  7 8  9  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop