Eros Seatcraft seating review - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 08-06-2011, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just received a row of two black Eros made by Seatcraft and wanted to express some early thoughts on them.

First off, I was interested in getting these seats for several reasons. One, being the cheap price. Two, these chairs were going in a tight space (12'x10.5' spare bedroom converted theater) so their compact size was a big plus. Third, due to work I am living in a rental apartment for the next few years and did not want top of the line until I owned my home with large theater.

The boxes they were delivered in were not as big as I was expecting them to be. I could actually pick the things up by myself and carry them around to the back of my place. I did need help carrying them up the stairs though. Not super heavy, but big and hard to grip unless you have a giant arm span. Chairs are packaged nice, and come in two parts per box, the upper back and lower section. Assembly was very easy, just slide the top part down on the lower until it locks. The row of two just snapped together in the middle to make a nice tight connection. The chairs look really nice I must say. They look like you spent more than what you did. My wife was very impressed with their looks too (that is always key). Now, I have sat on more comfortable home theater seats, but they were double the price. The Eros are not uncomfortable by any means, but they do not feel super soft and pillowy either. At the time of this review I have only them for one day so maybe they will break in a little more. There is a lot of padding in there, just on the firmer side compared to some other chairs. As they are now I could sit in them for a extended amount of time no problem. These chairs are on the smaller side compared to most other chairs, but I am 6'1" and find them to be more than large enough for me. The only issue I have with them is getting them to want to stay in a full recline. They seem to want to push me forward, but doing a slight readjustment of body weight seems to take care of that. To be honest, I doubt I would ever watch something fully reclined in these seats anyways as it seems to be to low for my screen setup and my liking.

To wrap things up I would give the Eros seats a 3.5 out of 5. I feel like they are more than worth what I paid for them, and for my purposes they will do the job very nicely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-07-2011, 05:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Why only 3.5-5? And do you have any pictures?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cuzed Approved C.C.C. (Certified Column Counselor)

XBOX Live: Zz NiNj4 D4D zZ
post #3 of 8 Old 08-07-2011, 07:30 AM
Advanced Member

Same issue with the full recline. I'm also 6'1". If you inch back a touch, it will stay back there. I haven't watched a full movie like that. Usually at the first "stop".

post #4 of 8 Old 08-07-2011, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iusteve View Post

Why only 3.5-5? And do you have any pictures?

Only 3.5 out of 5 for the reasons I stated. They are not pillowy soft, and they tend to want to push your forward on a full recline.

I will post pics later.
post #5 of 8 Old 08-07-2011, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter

They are blacker than they appear in the pic. Theater room is still in the building stages. Chairs will be further back from wall, but pushed ahead now for wiring purposes.
post #6 of 8 Old 08-07-2011, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Are the Eros leather or vinyl?

Cuzed Approved C.C.C. (Certified Column Counselor)

XBOX Live: Zz NiNj4 D4D zZ
post #7 of 8 Old 08-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Advanced Member

Leatherette. However, I've never had anyone notice the difference, and most people are surprised when I tell them it's not leather.

post #8 of 8 Old 09-20-2013, 08:22 PM

Hello,

How about an update on the chairs since you've had plenty of time to use them. I noticed in another post that you purchased some additional chairs but was wondering if you would change your rating based on your original post.

Thank you,
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page