Home Theater Carpeting- Recommendations wanted - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-16-2011, 06:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking for some recommendations on Home Theater carpeting. Looking to find out from anybody that has installed/ordered carpet online and as to the quality of the carpet that you ordered.

Look forward to your replies.

Ths
Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2011, 07:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Most home theater carpets sold online are available in a residential and a commercial weight: either 26 oz ro 32/40 oz. I recommend ordering a swatch/sample of the carpet and comparing the weights. That way you can see for yourself the difference and make an intelligent decision to see of the residential weight will do for your needs or if you prefer the heavier weight. A good reseller will be able to provide you with a sample(s).

Ken Lerch
StargateCinema.com
Home Theater Seating and Decor
HTSeating.com
Home Theater Seating

Old 10-17-2011, 08:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 36
I had picked out a really nice carpet for my basement (meaning $$$$) but after TWO floods decided I need something not cheaper in the quality sense but in the less expensive sense. I found something in a very similar pattern at one place.... Stargate Cinema.

I ordered a sample (quick shipping BTW!) and I have a work buddy that used to install carpet and he gives it his seal of approval for my situation, so I'll be ordering once I am ready. The nice thing is that the carpet is what is known as "4 meter" which is wider than 12'. Since my room is about 12'3" I won't need any seams.

Tom Logan
Everytime I reply the thread ends
Need motivation? Get LOGANED
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1014847

An as-yet un-named theater designed by Big-WarrenP-BritInVA
Old 07-12-2012, 11:45 PM

Liked: 10
I ordered carpet tiles a couple of weeks ago for my living room/media room. I installed hardwood so I needed something to go over that like a rug. I debated on a wool rug or the carpet tile. I decided to go with the carpet tile because of my budget limitation. The carpet tile "rug" I put down looks really good (wife likes it too).

I can hear an amazing difference from just having hardwood to having the carpet tile. I have a B&W 5.1 system with a Pioneer Elite receiver. I listen to as much music and I watch movies. I pretty damn satisfied with myself.

I bought my carpet from www.focusfloors.com. I ordered a sample first then ordered the tile. Seemed to be nice people when I called to work out shipping.