Row One Theater Seating - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 25 Old 11-03-2011, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone have any experience or knowledge with these??
Power recline, shiatsu massage, models Bijou & Marquis.

Thanks!

Monday......6 days a week???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 11-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 26
The Marquis and Bijou are both nice chairs. Here are my honest opinions and observations based on experience with the chairs:

Marquis:
* Nice chair with simple/sleek sytling
* It is listed at 41.5" back height but it sits a little lower. I would not recommend it for persons taller than 5'10" if you are looking for good head support. I can measure the actual chair height and report back here.
* The massage is pretty basic. The back can be flipped back for a much deeper massage.
* Power Recline is smooth

Bijou:
* Very, very comfortable chair
* This chair hugs your body very nicely
* Taller back has much better head support than the Marquis
* The massage is pretty basic. The back can be flipped back for a much deeper massage.
* Power Recline is smooth

RowOne is coming out with some really nice chairs that were previewed at Furniture Market a couple of weeks ago. They sit very much like Berklines with better quality (and a slightly bigger price tag to match). Their import line is a great bang for the buck and sit very nicely, again much like Berkline chairs. Look for some really good things from this company in the very near future.

Ken Lerch
StargateCinema.com
Home Theater Seating and Decor
HTSeating.com
Home Theater Seating

post #3 of 25 Old 11-03-2011, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

Ken,

Thanks for the info!! I was looking at the Bijou on your site! Is the height of that chair exact or a little lower as well? Can the wood "feet" be taken off to lower? I have a back sitting area and need them as low as they can be. Thanks again!

post #4 of 25 Old 11-03-2011, 01:39 PM
Advanced Member

I believe that chair height is exact but we do not have one here to measure. It sits taller than the Marquis for sure. I just sat in it again at Furniture Market in High Point a couple of weeks ago and was (re-)impressed with how comfortable it is.

I just sat in the Bijou and measured it for you. It measures 40" high and I would say 5'10" or 5'11" is the cutoff for good head support. It's just a hair too short for me at 6'0" (and a longer torso).

You should be able to remove the wooden feet with no problem. I would replace them with some small rubber feet because the recline mechanism dips slightly (maybe a 1/4") below the wooden frame.

Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredman View Post

Ken,

Thanks for the info!! I was looking at the Bijou on your site! Is the height of that chair exact or a little lower as well? Can the wood "feet" be taken off to lower? I have a back sitting area and need them as low as they can be. Thanks again!

Ken Lerch
StargateCinema.com
HTSeating.com
Home Theater Seating

post #5 of 25 Old 11-03-2011, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Ken sir, you are awesome and quick!
One more question and I'm going to measure my room. Do they have a "wall away" feature like the berklines? When they recline are they back in the section behind you? I believe the Berklines had a 3" wallaway?
Thanks for your time!!!!!

post #6 of 25 Old 11-03-2011, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

Damn.... one more. On your site they're sold seperate. Can I take an arm off and make them how I want? Let's say a loveseat in the middle?
Done? lol

post #7 of 25 Old 11-03-2011, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
I was also wondering about the loveseat configuration. I was considering the Row Ones but did not see a loveseat config. I want a curved row of 3 in the front and row of 4 with loveseat middle in the back row.
post #8 of 25 Old 11-03-2011, 05:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Do they have a "wall away" feature like the berklines?

Yes, you need about 4-5 inches from the wall. So they will go back about 4-5" in to your back "section". I can get you the exact # tomorrow.

Quote:
Can I take an arm off and make them how I want? Let's say a loveseat in the middle?

The following pieces are available:
2-Arm Recliner with Power |O|
2-Arm Recliner with Power, Shiatsu Massage, |O|
LF 1-Arm Recliner with Power |O
RF 1-Arm Recliner with Power O|
Wedge table \\/

Quote:
I was also wondering about the loveseat configuration. I was considering the Row Ones but did not see a loveseat config. I want a curved row of 3 in the front and row of 4 with loveseat middle in the back row.

You can build quite a few configurations, but the only way a curved row of three can be done is do use three 2-arm chairs and two wedge tables because there is no armless chair at this time:
|O|\\/|O|\\/|O| (this setup is probably wider than you need it to be)

|O|OO|O| (uses 2 LF 1-arm recliners and 2 RF 1-arm Recliners)
|O|O|O| (uses 1 LF 1-arm recliner, 1 2-arm recliner and 1 RF 1-arm recliner)

I hope this answers all of the questions.

Ken Lerch
StargateCinema.com
HTSeating.com
Home Theater Seating

post #9 of 25 Old 11-03-2011, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

Ken,

Thanks again! I believe the 4-5" will work I just have to measure the width for what I want to do. I read more in depth on your site and found the different pieces. I would love to have all 4 with massage and a loveseat in the middle. I know its not offered but I'm thinking of maybe modifying it to work? I know the warranty would be void but it would be awesome if it can be done. What is holding that back? The wiring for the massage? Never mind, I've asked you too many questions as it is. You've been very helpful and will get my biz!

Thanks again!

post #10 of 25 Old 11-04-2011, 06:40 AM
Advanced Member

We just measured for you to confirm. If you place the chairs 4" from the wall, they kick back about 3" and leave you with 1" from the wall. In your case, having nothing behind the chairs, the chairs would move backward 3". I would allow for 4", though.

I don't recommend removing an arm. It can probably be done but the back has a finished (upholstered) cross member that helps keep the arms stable. If you remove this you'd need to replace the removed arm with a board and attach it to this cross member and the frame where the arm once was. I don't think there's any wiring in the arm. It can be done but it's not worth it in my opinion. The massage feature is nice but I think having it in one or two chairs is plenty if it works in your desired configuration.

Ken Lerch
StargateCinema.com
HTSeating.com
Home Theater Seating

post #11 of 25 Old 01-23-2012, 08:28 AM

I just got the Row One "The Plaza" installed and will be writing up a full review on them shortly. I have the one with the loveseat in the middle configuration. |O|OO|O|
It comes with one seat with both armrests, one armless, one left hand armrest and one more left hand armrest. Unfortunately, it only comes with 3 trays since the armless component doesn't come with a tray table. I got the brown color with the power option.

They are taller than the Lane Matinee's we were looking at and fit my 6 feet height a lot better. Lumbar support is good on the Plaza's. Both my wife and I have "bad" backs so I can attest to it being comfortable. The quality seemed better than the Matinee and the cushions are plush/firm without being too firm if that makes any sense.

More pictures coming. NOTE: These photos were taken with my iPhone4 camera. Nuff Said. I tried to color correct, but I could only do so much. I'll be taking more pictures w/ my Canon 40D w/ bounce flash so the colors will be more accurate. The Row One brown leather is a beautiful color and I'm glad I got it over the black leather versions.
post #12 of 25 Old 01-23-2012, 02:00 PM

How do you like your RowOne seats?

Pioneer VSX-1121-k
Epson 3010 projector
Panasonic DMP-BDT210
Monoprice cables for inwall
BlueRigger - cables for device connectivity
post #13 of 25 Old 01-25-2012, 07:11 PM

At the request of a member, I measured my set at 129.5" across. They are pretty tight together so given any production variances, maybe plus or minus .25"

I am 6' tall and I can sit comfortably in them w/o my head going over the top of the rear cushion. When measured from the seat to the top, its about 28"-28.5".

I sat in them in Stargate's beautiful showroom and compared them to the Lane "Matinee" (which I found to be of lower quality as far as fit and finish were concerned) In addition, regardless of what the measurements on paper show, my head stuck out above the rear top cushion of the Matinee's by about 1 inch.
post #14 of 25 Old 02-08-2012, 12:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Does anyone know where one can try those Row One (I live in Houston). I'd like to test the Intrepid line.

I'm looking for a curved row of 4 with loveseat configuration but they can't be wider than 135".
post #15 of 25 Old 02-08-2012, 01:00 PM
Advanced Member

Drakul,
If you contact the manufacturer using this contact page:

http://www.rowonebyjc.com/contact-us.php

they will be glad to help you and hopefully find a dealer that has them in your area. Hopefully you can find a dealer that is close enough to you and has the exact model your would like to try. If not, hopefully you'll find their chairs and be able to see the build quality. Good luck.

Also, some notes about the Intrepid model: *** edited! ***
* This chair is based on the Berkline 45002/45012, the Apollo. The 45002 had a power headrest but RowOne's chair does not (like the Berkline 45012).
* The bucket seating hugs your body and this chair sits a lot like the 45002/45012.
* A lot of people considered the 45002 the most comfortable chair on the market. That is why is has been copied by a few companies.

Ken Lerch
StargateCinema.com
HTSeating.com
Home Theater Seating

post #16 of 25 Old 02-08-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLerch View Post

Drakul,
If you contact the manufacturer using this contact page:

http://www.rowonebyjc.com/contact-us.php

they will be glad to help you and hopefully find a dealer that has them in your area. Hopefully you can find a dealer that is close enough to you and has the exact model your would like to try. If not, hopefully you'll find their chairs and be able to see the build quality. Good luck.

Also, some notes about the Intrepid model:
* It is a sharp looking chair, IMHO
* It sits more firm than other chairs. More firm than Lane import chairs and close to Palliser's firmness.

Thanks for the tip.
That is precisely why I wish there was a store that would carry various brands so you could compare.
post #17 of 25 Old 02-08-2012, 01:10 PM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

Also, some notes about the Intrepid model:
* It is a sharp looking chair, IMHO
* It sits more firm than other chairs. More firm than Lane import chairs and close to Palliser's firmness.

Ken, really? Sharp looking chair?

This is a Berkline 45012 knock off. And how many times I have heard people calling it the ugliest dentist like looking chair

Roman
rtheaters.com
Fusion Collection Seating
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #18 of 25 Old 02-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Advanced Member

Woah... You are right, Roman! I had a brain "hiccup" and was thinking of the Encore! Glad you called me out on that!

What's the saying? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder? lol... I've heard people say similar things about the Berkline 45002/45012, but some people loved it and it was a big seller.

Drakul,
I am editing my post above. Please disregard what I said about it sitting more firmly that other chairs. It sits very much like the old Berkline Apollo, model 45002/45012!

Ken Lerch
StargateCinema.com
HTSeating.com
Home Theater Seating

post #19 of 25 Old 02-08-2012, 01:22 PM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I have not been at the Market this time. I do believe that comfort wise the 45002 (same as the 45012 but with the powered headrest) was one of the most comfortable chairs, but no one I know and myself including ever liked the look - extremely bulky and ugly if you ask me. I do agree with you, though - "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

Roman
rtheaters.com
Fusion Collection Seating
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #20 of 25 Old 02-08-2012, 09:48 PM

I do confess to liking the look but either way even if I didn't it'll be in a dark batcave so who gives a hoot!?

Thanks for the clarification guys, I'm glad to here it's one of the most comfortable seats out there.
I emailed Row One and they gave me an address of a dealer near me.
They did however tell me that it is a new that even they don't have in stock yet and that they expect it in the coming 30-45 days.
post #21 of 25 Old 02-12-2012, 01:25 PM

I called the dealer they gave me the info on and he said he didn't have any Row One in store anymore because they weren't selling and people kept buying the Palliser instead.

He said he could order it if I wanted but I really don't feel comfortable asking him to order a seat I may not even buy.
post #22 of 25 Old 02-14-2012, 04:31 PM

Row One makes a good product (both the imports and domestic made) but they are still in the process of building their dealer network. I live within 30 minutes of the factory and there is no dealer nearby where consumers can view the product. Their brick and mortar dealer base is still a work in progress.

Randy Bowman
myHTseats.com
post #23 of 25 Old 01-28-2014, 08:14 PM

Forgive me for bumping an old thread, but I just wanted to see how the RowOne owners are liking their seats. Dizzy....how are those Plazas holding up?
Maybe Ken or Rob can chime in about the 'Intrepid' and 'City Lights'. What are the actual seat dimensions for both, particularly H x D? And is the Intrepid only available in a straight row? Thanks.
post #24 of 25 Old 01-30-2014, 03:16 PM

Apparently everyone has either Pallisers or Fusions biggrin.gif
post #25 of 25 Old 02-19-2014, 01:44 PM

*bump*

Nobody?

FWIW, I did contact rowonebyjc.com to get seat dimensions, and found out the Intrepid is only available in straight rows.
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page