Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #451 of 923 Old 12-30-2012, 09:37 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
OK, after nearly year oogling Fusion Escapes on this thread, I finally got 3 of them. I already had family and friends sit on them and they are very impressed with the comfort and all the features it comes with.

My impressions are they are every bit what I expected them to be from the pictures and reviews on this site, and like others this is one of the most expensive purchases I made without a test-ride and I credit this to others who did the same and reported their pleasant experience with the chairs and dealing with Roman. They are extremely comfortable and that's my chief complaint as I was not able to finish one full movie without falling asleep !! smile.gif

The aluminium trays are absolutely brilliant addition and look classy and the other upgraded features (buttkicker plate, dimmable LED) are worthy additions as I now have the option to add buttkicker when am ready for them and also I cant stand the blue LED's to be on when the movies is going on, so dimming them is awesome. The cooler is something I don't care for but it does feel ice cold after a few minutes....I guess those who did not find them effective could be because of the container they are using which could be insulating. May be with a steel container may transmit the heat better. The bonded leatther looks awesome in my living room. One question I have is how do I keep them clean in terms of what solution to use to wipe them clean?

Even though there is no installation manual, it was intuitive to figure out some stuff like how to unbox and what to do withe zippers and the velcro on the headrest etc.

If there is any improvements I have to point out, I too wish there is way to know if the cooler is on or off as I found water condense in the cup as both myself and others have more than once hit the cool button unintentionally. One option is to put the cooler button at the right end far away from the lock button as I accidently hot the coolerbutton as I was trying t reach the lock button. This is minor as I expect to get used to this soon. The other improvement I could use is the ability to fully recline as I have back issues that would alleviate with full recline. But again I understand its impossible to design with everyone in mind and the max recline is still very comfortable. I just wish I can stay awake during movie smile.gif

All in all I was very clear from the beginning to get Escapes as I wanted the powered headrest and I am not disappointed a bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 923 Old 01-01-2013, 02:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I have had my escapes for almost a year now and i still love them. However i was wondering if there is any way for me to purchase the upgraded cup holders that have the ability to dimm the blue lights. That is the only thing about my 4 escapes that i am not satisfied with.

Dan Webster
Never stop upgrading!

Updated Theater Pictures

post #453 of 923 Old 01-01-2013, 02:31 PM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Yes, there is. Contact me offline.

Roman
rtheaters.com
Fusion Collection Seating
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #454 of 923 Old 01-02-2013, 08:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
just finished up our new media room with seven brand new jive chairs from roman. just to echo most sentiments in this thread, roman was a pleasure to deal with. instant replies to emails, answered any and all questions. price was great, quality of the product is great, everything is great!!

here are some pics...any spots you see in the pics are from the camera, not from the chairs...the chairs are perfect.

front view

closer

reclined

usb port included in new version

i have an 8 inch riser between rows, no problem seeing the entire screen from second row...

view from the back

open closet in the corner with beer fridge, equipment rack and second tv for extra sports watching!!
post #455 of 923 Old 01-02-2013, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandsergio View Post

just finished up our new media room with seven brand new jive chairs from roman. just to echo most sentiments in this thread, roman was a pleasure to deal with. instant replies to emails, answered any and all questions. price was great, quality of the product is great, everything is great!!
here are some pics...any spots you see in the pics are from the camera, not from the chairs...the chairs are perfect.

What are those USB connectors on the chairs for? I don't even see any information about that on Roman's website...
post #456 of 923 Old 01-02-2013, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I assume the USB port is to power your mobile devices. Another nice feature that I want!

Fess up Roman, are these on all models of your Fusion chairs now?

post #457 of 923 Old 01-02-2013, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by falafala View Post

OK, after nearly year oogling Fusion Escapes on this thread, I finally got 3 of them. I already had family and friends sit on them and they are very impressed with the comfort and all the features it comes with.
My impressions are they are every bit what I expected them to be from the pictures and reviews on this site, and like others this is one of the most expensive purchases I made without a test-ride and I credit this to others who did the same and reported their pleasant experience with the chairs and dealing with Roman. They are extremely comfortable and that's my chief complaint as I was not able to finish one full movie without falling asleep !! smile.gif
The aluminium trays are absolutely brilliant addition and look classy and the other upgraded features (buttkicker plate, dimmable LED) are worthy additions as I now have the option to add buttkicker when am ready for them and also I cant stand the blue LED's to be on when the movies is going on, so dimming them is awesome. The cooler is something I don't care for but it does feel ice cold after a few minutes....I guess those who did not find them effective could be because of the container they are using which could be insulating. May be with a steel container may transmit the heat better. The bonded leatther looks awesome in my living room. One question I have is how do I keep them clean in terms of what solution to use to wipe them clean?
Even though there is no installation manual, it was intuitive to figure out some stuff like how to unbox and what to do withe zippers and the velcro on the headrest etc.
If there is any improvements I have to point out, I too wish there is way to know if the cooler is on or off as I found water condense in the cup as both myself and others have more than once hit the cool button unintentionally. One option is to put the cooler button at the right end far away from the lock button as I accidently hot the coolerbutton as I was trying t reach the lock button. This is minor as I expect to get used to this soon. The other improvement I could use is the ability to fully recline as I have back issues that would alleviate with full recline. But again I understand its impossible to design with everyone in mind and the max recline is still very comfortable. I just wish I can stay awake during movie smile.gif
All in all I was very clear from the beginning to get Escapes as I wanted the powered headrest and I am not disappointed a bit.

Tell me about it ! I pull a Rip Van winkle every time I fire up a movie! to comfortable for there own good!

Enjoy your Escapes!
cdakin00 likes this.
post #458 of 923 Old 01-02-2013, 12:44 PM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Yes, all latest/new shipments will have the following add-ons:

1. "Buttkicker ready" feature - kinetic rubber isolators w/plastic cups and buttkicker plate that will accept the mini or advanced BK4-4 buttkicker are factory pre-installed. We have the plates and isolators for those who needs them separately as well.
2. USB port to charge/power your iPhone, iPad, and compatible devices - this feature is our latest, and right now we do not have all the style groups with this yet, but as mentioned all our next shipmenta will have these.
3. Tribute-1015 and Escape-1019 will come with aluminum trays (we have the trays for those who want to upgrade their original ones).
4. Escape-1019 will have a reprogrammed cup holder that allows to turn the LED lights off by pressing a LOCK button (new cup holders are also available for those who wants to upgrade).
5. The Escape-1019 cup holder cooler has an automatic 4 hour shut off built in (this feature should be with the original cup holders as well).
6. We have modular/removable armrests that you will be able to plug in between seats that form a loveseat - IOOI and that can be converted into IOIOI, and you can remove the armrest and store it somewhere when you want your loveseat configuration.

We are working on a few more features and accessories at the moment, but they are not available yet...

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #459 of 923 Old 01-02-2013, 12:59 PM

My Escapes are set to arrive this Friday. I will let you all know how they look.
post #460 of 923 Old 01-02-2013, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh View Post

6. We have modular/removable armrests that you will be able to plug in between seats that form a loveseat - IOOI and that can be converted into IOIOI, and you can remove the armrest and store it somewhere when you want your loveseat configuration.

Very interesting. I would like to get more info on this armrest divider for my Lagoons

Quote:

We are working on a few more features and accessories at the moment, but they are not available yet...

Now you are just teasing us!

post #461 of 923 Old 01-02-2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:

1. "Buttkicker ready" feature - kinetic rubber isolators w/plastic cups and buttkicker plate that will accept the mini or advanced BK4-4 buttkicker are factory pre-installed. We have the plates and isolators for those who needs them separately as well.
2. USB port to charge/power your iPhone, iPad, and compatible devices - this feature is our latest, and right now we do not have all the style groups with this yet, but as mentioned all our next shipmenta will have these.
3. Tribute-1015 and Escape-1019 will come with aluminum trays (we have the trays for those who want to upgrade their original ones).
4. Escape-1019 will have a reprogrammed cup holder that allows to turn the LED lights off by pressing a LOCK button (new cup holders are also available for those who wants to upgrade).
5. The Escape-1019 cup holder cooler has an automatic 4 hour shut off built in (this feature should be with the original cup holders as well).

This is great news. I didn't realize the cup holder coolers turned off automatically.
post #462 of 923 Old 01-02-2013, 02:53 PM

the modular armrest is a fantastic idea! I hope this will be backwards compatible to the existing Lagoons and Escapes....
I like the USB port thing too - too bad I mine dont have it.
post #463 of 923 Old 01-02-2013, 03:43 PM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Yes, they are compatible - that was an idea... I am attaching a few pictures showing it

I am working on possibly getting the USBs and offering them as an after market upgrade. But at this point I am not sure exactly how easy it will be to retrofit it in the original chairs, and if it even be possible to do with some of the models.

FC-1013-ModularArmrest.jpeg 86k .jpeg file
FC-1013-ModularArmrest2.jpeg 88k .jpeg file
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg FC-1013-ModularArmrest.jpeg (85.9 KB, 182 views)
File Type: jpeg FC-1013-ModularArmrest2.jpeg (88.3 KB, 154 views)

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #464 of 923 Old 01-03-2013, 05:47 AM

Thats really cool!

Here's another question: Are the chair 'sides' removable on the existing Fusion line? I mean to say, I have 2 full Escapes ( IOI ) and was wondering if it was possible to eventually add another partial one so that
I could make a full row of IOIOI...
post #465 of 923 Old 01-03-2013, 06:01 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

No, you cannot simply remove the armrest, but you can aways add an additional one arm recliner to do IOIOI configuration.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #466 of 923 Old 01-03-2013, 06:07 AM

Hi Roman;

Will the Escapes be on display anywhere at CES in Las Vegas next week?
post #467 of 923 Old 01-03-2013, 06:10 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Red Cat,

Sorry, but no we are not going to be at CES, not yet...

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #468 of 923 Old 01-03-2013, 03:31 PM

Roman,

What is involved with adding the Buttkicker plates to the chairs. I would love to add that. Right now my Buttkickers just sit under the frame.
post #469 of 923 Old 01-03-2013, 03:48 PM
rsh
AVS Special Member

You would need to drill 2 extra wholes in the bottom rails (there are 2 holes in the frame already there) of the chairs, and then bolt the plate with the buttkicker on top of it to those rails. We do have the plates and isolators available for those who are interested.

FYI: The plate will except (has pre-drilled wholes) the mini or advanced BK4-4 buttkicker.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #470 of 923 Old 01-03-2013, 10:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Roman it would really help to add a sheet giving installation details. For example I did not know what those plastic caps where sitting in a bag? Do I put these under rubber feet? If so why?

Also when I use the longer aluminum pole for the tray, it won't fit into the armrest storage any more....is this expected?

Regarding other upgrades in future, don't tell me you will add massage and heat!
post #471 of 923 Old 01-04-2013, 04:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 132
You put the caps on the rubber feet so that the chairs can slide more easily on carpet., and so the rubber feet don't mar hardwood floors.

ISF Calibrator

Pioneer Kuro Elite Pro-111FD
Pioneer Kuro BDP-320

Displays are like 100% cotton t-shirts. Always buy a size larger than you think you'll need, as they tend to shrink over time.
post #472 of 923 Old 01-04-2013, 09:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsskid View Post

You put the caps on the rubber feet so that the chairs can slide more easily on carpet., and so the rubber feet don't mar hardwood floors.

Thanks a lot, it was not obvious smile.gif

I thought these were spare feet that came off once they installed the rubber feet

I could really use these as these are so heavy that you cant slide them with the rubber feet on.
post #473 of 923 Old 01-04-2013, 10:34 AM
Advanced Member

I installed a Buttkicker Advance under my Escape chair and am seeing that its bottoming out very often. Could someone please post the 4 settings they use on their BKA-1000-4N power amplifier?

1) Low cutoff switch - ON or OFF? (I am using OFF)
2) High cutoff switch - ON or OFF? (I am using ON)
3) where to dial High Cutoff Frequency ? (I am setting it at 70 Hz. Reduced it to 50 Hz with no improvement)
4) what Volume should I use? ( I am setting this to middle of the dial now, if i reduce it enough the bottoming-out is reduced but then I don't feel any vibration in most scenes)

post #474 of 923 Old 01-04-2013, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by falafala View Post

I installed a Buttkicker Advance under my Escape chair and am seeing that its bottoming out very often. Could someone please post the 4 settings they use on their BKA-1000-4N power amplifier?

1) Low cutoff switch - ON or OFF? (I am using OFF)
2) High cutoff switch - ON or OFF? (I am using ON)
3) where to dial High Cutoff Frequency ? (I am setting it at 70 Hz. Reduced it to 50 Hz with no improvement)
4) what Volume should I use? ( I am setting this to middle of the dial now, if i reduce it enough the bottoming-out is reduced but then I don't feel any vibration in most scenes)

Low = Off
High = On and crossed to 40 hz

You may have "Volume" set too high. I am running 4xBK4-4s in escapes between the 1st and 2nd dial mark on the "Volume".

All of this really depends upon how your source is presenting the material. May need to raise SUBWOOFER level on your AVR. Also consider that you AVR might be rolling off at 40hz and you therefore aren't getting the lows sent to the Buttkickers.
post #475 of 923 Old 01-08-2013, 12:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuudogg View Post

Low = Off
High = On and crossed to 40 hz
You may have "Volume" set too high. I am running 4xBK4-4s in escapes between the 1st and 2nd dial mark on the "Volume".
All of this really depends upon how your source is presenting the material. May need to raise SUBWOOFER level on your AVR. Also consider that you AVR might be rolling off at 40hz and you therefore aren't getting the lows sent to the Buttkickers.

Thanks for input. Originally I mounted with only 2screws and today I used 4 screws and that seems to help. Now I can feel subtle vibrations nicely....but it still bottoms out once in a while. I will play with input as you suggested.
post #476 of 923 Old 01-08-2013, 12:33 PM

Liked: 14
Are the color options still the same as on the website i.e. You can have any color you want so long as its black or brown?
post #477 of 923 Old 01-08-2013, 12:56 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post

^^^
you are welcome... smile.gif
i don't think they'd look strange, they probably just look pretty much like a normal loveseat...
my room is a "semi-dedicated theater"... i can't call it a "real home theater", since it isn't sound proofed, etc., but it is designed around the projection setup and well light controlled... so while it isn't a "living room", it is where we spend all of our time... i have my four in a IOIOOIOI config... it looks "different" with the row of seats like that, but since the front third of the room is completely black (including floor and ceiling) it already looked "different" to begin with...
so far, reaction from people who have been in here is positive... smile.gif you can see pics of how i have them set up in my build thread that is linked in my sig (scroll to the end unless you want to see how the sausage was made)...

ccotenj - in the configuration as you describe it, how wide are the chairs?

Thanks
post #478 of 923 Old 01-08-2013, 01:09 PM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Adanny,

We are in a process of beginning offering custom order colors:

Leather/vinyl combo or all leather:
BLACK (stock color)
CHOCOLATE BROWN
EXPRESSO BROWN (stock color)
RED
GRAY
BEIGE
TAUPE

Microfiber
SEVERAL SHADES OF BROWN
TAUPE
RED
BURGUNDY/PURPLE
GRAY

Custom orders will take a while to fulfill (3-4 months), but if you do not mind waiting, you will have more options.

All the dimensions you can find in the SPECS provided on our website.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #479 of 923 Old 01-16-2013, 08:16 AM

Hi everyone,
I have decided I am going to go with the escapes for my future theater, but I am looking for some help. I am trying to model the escapes in google sketchup. The specs on the website have some of the lengths and widths, but it is missing some information on the curved configurations. I will have a row of 3 escapes in a |o|o|o| curved configuration. What I am looking for is the distance the end chairs come out due to the angled armrests. This will help me model them and get the riser and seating distances correct. He is a picture of the measurement I am looking for. Any help get this measurement is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
Ron
post #480 of 923 Old 01-16-2013, 09:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_C View Post

I will have a row of 3 escapes in a |o|o|o| curved configuration. What I am looking for is the distance the end chairs come out due to the angled armrests. This will help me model them and get the riser and seating distances correct. He is a picture of the measurement I am looking for. Any help get this measurement is greatly appreciated!!

Hi Ron, I have the Escape 3 seat curved (5346, 5446, 5206) configuration in black. The middle to end seats are in a slight 4" curve.

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page