6Likes

post #541 of 955 Old 03-20-2013, 01:49 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Yup, Roman definitely rocks!

Congrats on your purchase. You'll be very happy!

Shan
hd-revel likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 955 Old 03-22-2013, 04:24 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Roman was extremely patient and helpful.

I finally decided to get Fusion Lagoons after debating on going with Lane or Berkline. Long term I think I made the best quality move. I am looking forward to having them shipped in a few weeks.

Equipment: Denon AVR-4520, Fusion Tempest (LCR), Fusion Alchemy (4xSurrounds+Wides+Heights),15" Dayton Ultimax X 4, SMX 2.35:1 Screen
Theater Build
DIY Speaker / Sub Build
post #543 of 955 Old 03-24-2013, 07:39 PM

Liked: 10
Can anyone tell me if the Fusion Lagoon's recline motion allows you to fully raise the foot rest without reclining much in either manual or power? It appears that the Tribute can stop in that position looking at one of the pictures on rtheaters.com (I assume this is powered recline, not sure if the Tributes come in manual or not).

Honestly all I really want is HT style seating (ie arm rests and cup holders) with recliners like in my La-Z-Boy couch that just raises the foot rest to parallel with the floor when released. Reclining is an option, but I almost never use that. Most HT seating pictures online seam to show completely closed, foot rest partially raised (45 degree angle), and completely reclined. And I can't tell if that means they start reclining before the footrest is raised or if the marketing data shows that everyone wants to lay down to watch a movie and so that's all they show.
post #544 of 955 Old 03-25-2013, 06:26 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 19
We use the same reclining mech. on all our recliners, and it has the same action.

Roman
rtheaters.com
Fusion Collection Seating
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #545 of 955 Old 03-26-2013, 06:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Hey roman, I sent you an email, did you get it? Thanks

-----------------------------------------------
Chase "Fetch"

Current Theater Build

New House Build

post #546 of 955 Old 03-26-2013, 06:59 PM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Nope, please resend...

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #547 of 955 Old 03-27-2013, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDBob View Post

Thank you for the instructions. I was able to remove the top plastic ring of the cupholders (no screwdriver needed) and used LightDims (click here) to cover each of the LEDs. Put the plastic ring back on and am much happier with the lights now. The LightDims don't completely dim the light so guests can still see what each of the functions are.
Great idea Bob. I ordered some of those light dim stickers and will try them out as soon as they come in.

Visit the Lipszyc Home Theater! 1.0
2.0 done and finally posted! - Theater 2.0

And now...The Queen City Theater (3.0)
post #548 of 955 Old 03-30-2013, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 41
What is the best way to clean the seats?

For automotive I usually use woolite and water and finish with leather conditioner. Would this be a good approach for theater seating?
post #549 of 955 Old 03-30-2013, 09:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post

Hi Fusion owners, what are you using to keep these beautiful chairs looking elegant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittletank View Post

I have the leather/vinyl match and use Armor-All on my chairs.

Hi aliitletank, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry M View Post

What is the best way to clean the seats?

For automotive I usually use woolite and water and finish with leather conditioner. Would this be a good approach for theater seating?

Hi Larry M, been using water to clean but haven't applied any conditioner.

Would like to hear what others are using.

Roman, any suggestion?
post #550 of 955 Old 03-31-2013, 09:36 AM

Hey Guys,

I am still hoping to find someone who owns the Escapes in the Northern Indiana, Chicago, Indianapolis or Detroit area... that would entertain allowing my Wife and I to come sit in them. I would be open to driving 3+ hours if needed as after making an expensive mistake, related to fit on the furniture we have now... it would be worth it to try before I buy. I am in 46506. I am looking at getting 6 seats from Roman and would hate to get them just to find they push my head forward like the stuff I have now.

Thanks in advance,

Raymond
post #551 of 955 Old 03-31-2013, 08:17 PM

As promised, here are my pics. COULD NOT BE HAPPIER. These are brown leather Escape.

post #552 of 955 Old 04-01-2013, 07:41 AM

Wutang,

Your theater room looks great!!! Are your Escapes the leather/vinyl or the bonded leather? Any chance you get get a better photo of the back row with the love seat arrangement with some flash to show the leather color. These are exactly what I am trying to decide on (but I will go with the bonded leather). Would like to show the Wife how they look all setup.

Thanks,

Raymond
post #553 of 955 Old 04-01-2013, 12:08 PM

Rayo - I am traveling but will take another pic when I get back. These are the leather/vinyl. Roman sent me hi-res pics of both and they both looked great but in the end had to go with traditional leather.
post #554 of 955 Old 04-01-2013, 04:03 PM

Liked: 11
I emailed about the escapes and got an immediate response. My theater is about 155 inches wide. I was thinking 3 seats, but if I do IOIOOIOI, 125" wide, then I will have front row seating for the whole family. This will leave only 15 inches clearance on each side to get to the back row. I would lose my awesome center seat position. I could also do 2 and 2 and leave an isle in the center.
It's all just preference but some opinions would be helpful.

Epson 5010 with 110" Accuscreen. Yamaha rx-v773, HTPC with XBMC.
post #555 of 955 Old 04-02-2013, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by erichoya View Post

I emailed about the escapes and got an immediate response. My theater is about 155 inches wide. I was thinking 3 seats, but if I do IOIOOIOI, 125" wide, then I will have front row seating for the whole family. This will leave only 15 inches clearance on each side to get to the back row. I would lose my awesome center seat position. I could also do 2 and 2 and leave an isle in the center.
It's all just preference but some opinions would be helpful.

I only have one row for now (make shift couch and recliner). But I ordered 4 escapes in loveseat config to replace those and my room is about the same width as yours (maybe a couple of inches thinner). I plan on having just one aisle down the side of the room. But I'll see how it goes after I get them. I really wanted a loveseat config so I went that route.
post #556 of 955 Old 04-02-2013, 06:26 PM

If and when I pull the trigger I would probably do 4 individuals pushed to one side. There is a pic on the rtheaters website of someone with escapes who did this. I prefer symmetry, but want 4 seats. I could separate and do the center isle. Again, the decision is just preference.

post #557 of 955 Old 04-03-2013, 04:14 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My row of 3 tribute's shipped today! cant wait to get them! (Prob in 3 weeks time since I'm shipping them to Panama) but I'll post pics and impressions once I get em. I have no doubts based on everyone's reviews that they will be GREAT!
post #558 of 955 Old 04-05-2013, 04:37 PM

Liked: 36
Thanks to BigmouthDC I saved some money. After looking on various sites and reading different threads, I decided to go with 8 tributes 4/4 straight black bonded leather. I hope they are as nice as everyone has said they are. Roman was a huge help with my decision. He was honest and very informative on all of his products. Now it's time to find a receiver!!
post #559 of 955 Old 04-13-2013, 02:58 PM
Advanced Member

My Fusion Lagoons are shipping Monday morning and will be ready by Thursday for me to pick up.

Brown leather in IOVOOVOI configuration.

I will post pictures once they are set up. I think I will be very happy with this choice. I had debated the Berkline 222 but I believe that Roman's design is of superior quality and money better spent.

Roman has been great to deal with. Very patient.

Equipment: Denon AVR-4520, Fusion Tempest (LCR), Fusion Alchemy (4xSurrounds+Wides+Heights),15" Dayton Ultimax X 4, SMX 2.35:1 Screen
Theater Build
DIY Speaker / Sub Build
post #560 of 955 Old 04-13-2013, 05:31 PM

Jeff,
Congrats in your purchase, I think I am getting close. What made you decide to go with the love seat and did you order the arm insert. Definitely post pics when you get them since I also want brown.
E

post #561 of 955 Old 04-14-2013, 06:29 AM
Advanced Member

I went with the love seat due to space mostly. I have a riser behind with steps on either side. This fit perfectly. I debated about three chairs as there is my wife, daughter and I who will mainly use it. My daughter is 6 and will want to cuddle up with on of us so this gives us better apace for that. I also liked 4 over 3 as the room is 18 wide by 24 long, so three seats just would make the room seem smaller than it is.

I did order the armrest but that will not be in for another month.

Theater Build
DIY Speaker / Sub Build
post #562 of 955 Old 04-15-2013, 09:20 PM

I am very satisfied with my Lagoons bought from Roman. He is VERY responsive to all queries and that gave me a lot of confidence in doing business with him. I never talked to him over the phone -- the reviewers on this forum gave me all the info that I needed.
Th

An AVS member who sat in my theater claimed that they were more comfortable than the $2,500 seat (Acoustic Innovtions) that he purchased.
post #563 of 955 Old 04-17-2013, 05:52 PM

4 escapes in black leather IOIOOIOI on their way. Will post pics when thy are set up. E

post #564 of 955 Old 04-24-2013, 09:51 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
I'm heading to the warehouse now to check the chairs out. If anyone wants me to check something ask the question on my build thread "Redskinema"
post #565 of 955 Old 04-25-2013, 07:32 PM

Maybe the Escapes deserve their own thread. My 4 black leather/vinyl |O|OO|O| were delivered today, white glove, while I was at work. I'll hold off on a full review until I have some more time with them, but so far they have lived up to the hype. Very comfortable, one of the neighbors boys fell asleep in one this afternoon. Quality seems good with some slight variation between them. There are some threads on the seams that need to be trimmed. Mechanisms are smooth with about a 6-7 second closure time. I would probably prefer an actual button to the touch sensitive ones but they are fine. One seat is a little lower but I think that is only because it is missing a foot, I'll contact Roman for a replacement. I have them plugged into an Insteon Outletlinc controlled by an insteon keypad so the seats can easily be turned on and off.
Our Cannon Powershot Elph 310 does not take the best pics, but here they are.
E

post #566 of 955 Old 05-04-2013, 09:16 PM

Got my Tribute's down here in Panama! Thanks Roman!

I couldnt wait to try one out so I just stuck it in my studio room for now hahahahaha! And oh yeahh, they are REALLY comfortable.

And a few things I noticed while watching my first movie on the tv was that.... a) I did adjust the seat more than 2 times during the movie... power recline rules! and b) YES, adjustable headrests are ALSO important!

Thanks for the recommendation I am REALLY happy with my purchase. Now just gotta get the cave done! smile.gif

post #567 of 955 Old 05-18-2013, 01:05 PM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Dj_Frost,

How is your "cave" coming along? Any more pictures of the chairs in the room?

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #568 of 955 Old 05-19-2013, 09:29 PM

My experience with Roman from rtheaters purchasing my HT seats was outstanding. Let me start mentioning I live in México and building a project like this is not an easy task, it is very hard to find this items down here and if you find them the price will be super high, so I went for the search and in AVSforum I saw people mentioning the great experiences they had with Roman, so I took a chance and how lucky I was, he is an example of great customer service, I sent an email and he responded in less than 5 minutes with a complete quote and recommendations for my project, this included different price options and setups, warranty, shipping etc, at the beginning I thought it was a program answering because of the speed but reading the response with so many details and tailored for my request I understood it was a real person helping me, after a few email conversations about the size of my room I selected the fusion line. Being down here it was difficult for me to get the money to Roman but his infinite flexibility helped me get the appropriate method. He went as far as creating an special parts replacement warranty that matched my location and shipping challenges, going thru customs etc.

Roman did an special second test for my purchases making sure that all chairs worked fine because once it crosses the border would be a pain and extra expenses to exchange anything, I have to say all seats arrive in excellent shape and work perfectly. They were very easy to assemble.

The seats are great quality, very comfortable and beautiful, I'm 1.8m height and 82kg and seats are perfect for me or anybody bigger, my kids love the almost horizontal position of the recliner, the actuator operation is very smooth. I'm very happy with these seats.

Overall I recommend anyone purchasing HT seats or any other HT equipment to connect with Roman, my experience is excellent he is very responsive an has very good quality products, I can say his prices are very competitive, and his customer service is outstanding.

post #569 of 955 Old 05-21-2013, 05:28 PM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Folks,

I was just told that by the end of May / beginning of June all trucking companies are raising their rates by around 5% or more...

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #570 of 955 Old 05-21-2013, 05:42 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablovillarealz View Post

My experience with Roman from rtheaters purchasing my HT seats was outstanding.

Very nice looking theater! You did a great job.
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page