post #721 of 923 Old 12-31-2013, 06:39 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by naperthrill View Post

So I am thinking about taking the plunge and buying escapes. Question, I am looking to get 2 rows of 3. What would be the advantage of getting IOIOIOI instead of just getting separate recliners and going IOIIOIIOI . I always hate sharing an arm rest on a plane, i just wouldn't want to do it during a movie too. I imagine these are obviously wider than your typical. I may go with a curved configuration so that the wedges are a bit bigger as well, but just wondering why not get individual 3 recliners? what is your opinion?

We did a IOIOIIOIOI configuration with Escapes. The armrests are not wide enough for two adults to sit next to each other on a regular basis. Our room was not wide enough for four chairs with both arms.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 923 Old 01-02-2014, 07:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
With the Leather/Vinyl chairs, the seating areas, top of the arm rests, etc. are leather. The sides and back are vinyl. At least that is my understanding. Ping Roman and he can tell you for sure. All I can say is they look nice...the vinyl portions don't stand out as not being leather at all.

The leather portions of the chair are real leather and should be conditioned just like any other piece of leather furniture.

To help select your cover, ask Roman to send you some samples. I went with leather because the finish with the bonded had too much texture...I didn't like the look. One benefit with bonded is that it is not as shiny. The extra shine of the leather has not bothered me in my theater, however.

Shan
post #723 of 923 Old 01-04-2014, 04:18 PM

Liked: 17
I have purchased a curved row of 3 Escapes in black top grain leather, battery packs, and a tilt aluminum tray.

I'll post a review and pics when I receive them.

Thanks for the helpful feedback from Roman, Shan, and others.
post #724 of 923 Old 01-04-2014, 05:38 PM
Advanced Member

Best of luck with them. I am confident you'll be happy with the choice.

Shan
post #725 of 923 Old 01-05-2014, 07:53 AM

Liked: 11
I'm wondering if anyone can shed any light on my somewhat unique challenge with theater seating. I am 6'7" tall with long legs that account for a good bit of my height. I'm still fairly lean at 225 lbs., so width of chairs is not an issue for me, just my long legs. I currently sit primarily in an Ikea Poang chair with a footrest that I can adjust to match my legs. I had also bought some cheap Kmart HT seating a few years ago as my kids were very young at the time and prone to spills and such, so I did not want to get very nice chairs at the time as I knew they would take some abuse.

Fast forward to today, and I would really like to get some very good/excellent quality HT chairs. Those Kmart chairs are starting to show wear and tear, plus I cannot comfortably use them anyway as my lower legs hang too far off the end and the edge of the foot rest puts a lot of pressure on my upper-calves which gets uncomfortable quickly. I really need a chair where the end of the footrest is not digging into my calves. My feet could hang off 8" and I think I would still be comfortable. I just checked how far my feet hang off the Kmart chairs and it is right at a foot, which is just too uncomfortable for me.

I really like the looks of the Fusion Escapes and Tributes (and am most interested in the Tributes) but wanted to know if there are any taller people here (6'4" or taller) who have sat in either of these chairs. I had actually contacted Roman a couple years ago to get information on the Escapes, but I decided to wait on getting nicer seating until my kids were a little older. I never brought up my height in the email exchanges I had with him, but this is a big concern for me as whatever I get, they have to be able to support my lower legs comfortably.
post #726 of 923 Old 01-05-2014, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 124
^^
I am 6'4" and I have the Escape chair and if I gently press the small of my back against the rear of the seat, my entire foot is supported by the footrest...

I hope this helps...smile.gif
post #727 of 923 Old 01-05-2014, 03:07 PM
Advanced Member

Where are you located, dislocatedday? Perhaps there is someone local that would let you try their chairs out? At your height, I'd be reluctant to suggest buying any chairs without trying them out. So much about how a chair feels and fits has to do with how you lounge in them. Just knowing a persons height really is not enough. I'd hate to see you but something and not like it. In your case, you really should test out anything you are going to get before you get it, IMHO.

Shan
post #728 of 923 Old 01-05-2014, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post

Where are you located, dislocatedday? Perhaps there is someone local that would let you try their chairs out? At your height, I'd be reluctant to suggest buying any chairs without trying them out. So much about how a chair feels and fits has to do with how you lounge in them. Just knowing a persons height really is not enough. I'd hate to see you but something and not like it. In your case, you really should test out anything you are going to get before you get it, IMHO.

Shan

I live in the Washington DC area. I know that I should just go to some stores locally and try out a bunch of chairs to find something that is suitable, but I do think that I would probably get more for my money with either the Fusion Tributes or Escapes. In the end though, no matter how good of a deal I can get, the chair has to be comfortable over the long haul for me, so cost is not really the determining factor for me.
post #729 of 923 Old 01-05-2014, 05:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dislocatedday View Post

I live in the Washington DC area. I know that I should just go to some stores locally and try out a bunch of chairs to find something that is suitable, but I do think that I would probably get more for my money with either the Fusion Tributes or Escapes. In the end though, no matter how good of a deal I can get, the chair has to be comfortable over the long haul for me, so cost is not really the determining factor for me.

WDC is a big place so, hopefully, there is someone in that area that watches the forums and will give you a chance to try either the Tributes or the Escapes out. BTW, I am 6'1 and my feet do not hang off the end of the foot rests so I doubt you would have more than 6-8 inches hanging off. Like I said earlier, however, we may sit in the seats differently. If you like to lounge out without sitting fully back in the chair, you may have issues.

The Escapes are some of the bigger recliners that I have had so, if they won't work, you might be looking at something specifically designed for folks that are taller. Generally, the length of the footrest in a chair is limited by the height of the seat, which is pretty standard. You may end up having to go with a chair and ottoman-type setup. If you do decide to go with the Escapes or Tributes, you might ask Roman if there is a way to disconnect the footrest without impacting the back so that you could use the power recline of the chair with an ottoman if that becomes necessary. With it being a single motor, that might not be possible, but Roman could tell you for sure.

Shan
post #730 of 923 Old 01-05-2014, 07:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
anyone here with the Lagoon/Jive/Tributes in the DFW area so I can give them a test run?
post #731 of 923 Old 01-06-2014, 04:08 PM

Liked: 10
Same question, anyone have Jive/Tribute/Escape/Lagoon in Oklahoma City?
post #732 of 923 Old 01-12-2014, 03:34 PM

Anyone have a 1 year update on the lagoon or other fusion chair.

The polar vortex took out my home theater and I'm having to replace it all. It was only a year old. I had paliser pacifico chairs and loved them. "however we did notice a distinct loss of cushion/support" Not uncomfortable though i was starting to feel my lower back hit the empty space and occasionally no cushion. Thats in a year of watching in the home theater not our primary sitting area or watch the news area. We both work away from the house so not a lot of seat time.

I know Roman is a great guy, and has personally designed the chairs, and everyone is happy with looks and customer service and I'm sure they are great for the price point. But I'm looking for an update on how they are holding up. I only read one review in this long post stating he noted a loss of support.

Please chime in I need to order soon!

In contrast I sat in my buddies old jaymar chairs and they whooped up on my paliser pacifico chairs.
post #733 of 923 Old 01-12-2014, 05:03 PM
Advanced Member

I've had my chairs in the theater since December'12, so i've just passed the one year mark. Overall, the chairs have performed excellently. There's no sign of use on any of the chairs at this point. All of the seams are still great,and the chairs are mechanically sound. The chairs look and sit as well as they did on day one.

Shan
post #734 of 923 Old 01-13-2014, 12:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 395
Quote:

I've had my chairs in the theater since December'12, so i've just passed the one year mark. Overall, the chairs have performed excellently. There's no sign of use on any of the chairs at this point. All of the seams are still great,and the chairs are mechanically sound. The chairs look and sit as well as they did on day one.

Shan

+1 got my Fusions Dec 2012 and still looking and siting great and they are used every day! wink.gif
post #735 of 923 Old 01-13-2014, 11:54 AM

Greetings all!  This is my experience with the Fusion Escapes that I received from RHTheaters.

I had saved up for a Home Theater for 3 years and reading this fine forum guided me on many of my decisions when it was time to build it.  After going to a local homearama that had them set up in the theater room, when I actually could sit in them for 5 minutes!  So when it came time to purchase seating I went with the Fusion Escapes due in part to my 5 minute impression and all the positive reviews from actual users. 

I received my black bonded leather Escapes a few months ago.  The payment options were explained to me by Mr. Roman via email and I sent him a check for the purchase.  Two days later I received a email from Roman detailing the delivery company and phone number, tracking number.  The company called me before I called them setting up the delivery with a two hour window.

The chairs arrived and the driver was very nice and rolled my 3 boxes into my garage.  One of the boxes had corner damage, so I opened it before signing and everything was ok.  The chairs are really well packaged and the boxes were hard cardboard that was really difficult to cut up for trash.

I needed help in moving the chairs upstairs because each individual chair comes in 2 pieces.  Assembly is easy and making the electrical hookups is a breeze.  This is when I discovered that the middle chair had no power going to the cup holder at all.  I knew that problems of this nature had occurred before from reading this thread, and set out to check the wiring.  The chair still would not work and I called Roman who walked me thru a couple of wire configurations to trouble shoot the problem.  This is when I wanted a professional to come out to fix the problem.  My position is I did not pay all that money for me to be trying to find the problem. 

By this time my Wife had found out about the problem and was upset because I had spent a good amount of money on just 3 chairs and that one did not work.  To be honest I wasn't happy about it either.

Roman found a local electrician who came out and diagnosed the problem via phone with Roman.  After a hour it was found that the chair cup holder connections/wiring were faulty.  Roman sent the electrician via mail the replacement that arrived two days later.  The electrician installed the piece and it finally worked.

In retrospect if I had the shipping box available I would have demanded a full chair replacement.  These chairs cost a pretty penny and for that type of money I expected them to work.  

As for use, they are nice chairs, but in my opinion could have reclined 2-3 inches more.  The friends that come over to the unfinished ht room are amazed by the chairs especially the electrical headrest, lighted cup holder and operation of the chair. I find the chair to be not soft or to hard.  This chair is not made for sleeping, its made to watch big screen movies in!  Now a new problem has come up.....the end chair side on one of these chairs needs to be tightened, as it is loose. 

I will write this though, and this is a strong statement from me.  Mr. Roman should be traveling the country and teaching big businesses how to conduct customer service.  It is quite simply the best customer service I have had in 40+ years of buying stuff.  He answered all phone calls and emails promptly...and I'm talking about alot of phone calls and emails!  Would I buy again?  Nope, because I decided to go with a low back ottoman lounge chaise setup for my first row.  Would I recommend it to my friends who are building their own ht rooms?  Yes with the caveat that for the amount of money you are paying, insure that you are happy.  

post #736 of 923 Old 01-14-2014, 11:12 AM

]Hello ,

I really like the good suggestions on the AVS forum. Thank you all for helping others.

I am building a home theater and I am looking for seats. I heard about Roman in this forum, and read the positive reviews.

I am looking into the Fusion Jive seats, however I really want to try them before buying them. I live in Boston, MA and wonder if a fellow AVS person will be nice to let me try his seats for few minutes.
Roman is in NJ and this is over 7 hours drive for me.

Thank you allot for help and time.
post #737 of 923 Old 01-14-2014, 03:25 PM

I received my chairs last week and unboxed them today. I think they are well worth the money. They were well packed but still at the mercy of the transport companies who can damage things at will. Everything work fine.

Couple of comments that are not to be taken as a negative but maybe room for improvement in the future.

The tray tables appears that you have to assemble and disassemble each time you want to use it if you store it in the arm rest
It would be nice to have assembly instructions for the chairs. Just add these to the instructions for putting the backs on.
Would had been nice to have the arm rest cover restrained as it kept popping open while move the chairs through doorways
Waitress never appeared when I pushed the call button. LOL

These are very minor things and don't detract from what appears to be a great product at a reasonable cost. I would buy these again and definitely go for the power head rests!
post #738 of 923 Old 01-14-2014, 04:59 PM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
thirdman,

1. There are two pins that comes with the tray. If you use a smaller one (most people do), it will perfectly fit into the storage compartment when assembled - no need to disassemble it every time.

2. Regarding the instructions - it has been noted before, and with all new shipments the factory includes instructions how to put the backs on, although it should be quite straight forward

3. The hydraulic arm can be adjusted (where it is attached to the storage wall and arm cap) so the arm cap would not pop up faster that it needs to...

Roman
rtheaters.com
Fusion Collection Seating
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #739 of 923 Old 01-14-2014, 06:59 PM

Roman,

1. I didn't notice the smaller pin. I need to go look again.
2. The instructions for the chair backs were there. I just thought they should be more instructions like the pin, the coasters, the zipper etc. Just print the additional info on the seat back info.
3. What I meant by the armrest cover is if you maneuver it on it's side through a doorway as I did by myself today, the covers naturally have a tendency to pop open. Not sure what you could do to keep them closed while you are moving them. They are find once the chair is in it's normal position. No big deal

Anyway I'm real happy with the chairs. They are even better than I expected. I'm glad I found you on the AVSforum!

GF only complaint is why did you only get 4. mad.gifsmile.gif
post #740 of 923 Old 01-14-2014, 09:22 PM

Liked: 15
I've had my Lagoons for about 4-5 months now, and feel qualified to share my thoughts and provide a short review.
I purchased the bonded leather in brown, it's a very dark brown with an excellent feel to the leather and I cannot tell the difference between the bonded and straight leather. Nice quality with quality stitching everywhere. They are good looking chairs. Roman's customer service is second to NONE. He even called me back on a Sunday afternoon!
Delivery to the west coast took quite a while and all the boxes were VERY damaged when they arrived, fist size holes and one side torn completely off. Upon inspection before driver left showed a miracle with no damage to the chair parts/pieces. A very small dent on the side of the chair below the armrest but it reshaped itself back to normal after a week of warm weather inside our house.
I tinker with EVERYTHING. So, before installing the backs on the chairs I turned them over and inspected the mechanical linkages. Good and bad here. I found they are designed very well and built strong. I don't ever expect anything to ever wear out with the mechanical operations of the chairs. They are built well. While underneath, in the belly of the beast so to speak, I found several bolts which were loose and needed tightening and another bolt which had no nut at all. Both chairs were affected by what appears to be the last one built on a Friday night syndrome. One of the chairs, the armrests are so touchy that they pop up when I just barely touch them, I'll have to fix that soon as it drives me crazy when I'm playing the PS3. No problems with the arms on the other chairs. Both motorized units work well and the motor looks substantial. Very long cords which are nice.
Overall I'd give them a 8.5 out of 10 considering the price. Would I buy them again? Yes. I'm 6'1" and long in the torso, The seating is comfortable, but I wish they were a little taller on the backs. The foam is firm but not hard and has conformed and softened slightly with use. We use the seating about 3 times per week. Wifee has fallen asleep in the chairs more than once.
We have a small theater room but if someone in the Sacramento area would like to try them out before a purchase, you're welcome to come on over and give them a test drive. Send me a PM and we'll set up a time.

Ron

"New Member" since 2007....
post #741 of 923 Old 01-14-2014, 10:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirdman View Post

3. What I meant by the armrest cover is if you maneuver it on it's side through a doorway as I did by myself today, the covers naturally have a tendency to pop open. Not sure what you could do to keep them closed while you are moving them. They are find once the chair is in it's normal position. No big deal

When I moved mine into the house, I used several pieces of blue painters tape to secure the armrest to the chair before I moved them. This worked well. I am not sure there is anything that can be done to the design to fix this one.

Shan
post #742 of 923 Old 01-14-2014, 11:43 PM

Quote:

When I moved mine into the house, I used several pieces of blue painters tape to secure the armrest to the chair before I moved them. This worked well. I am not sure there is anything that can be done to the design to fix this one.

Shan

Great idea. I have plenty of that tape but I guess I was huffing and puffing and too tired from moving the chairs. These chairs are not light.smile.gif Arm rest are fine now that they are in their normal position.
post #743 of 923 Old 01-14-2014, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh View Post

thirdman,

1. There are two pins that comes with the tray. If you use a smaller one (most people do), it will perfectly fit into the storage compartment when assembled - no need to disassemble it every time.

2. Regarding the instructions - it has been noted before, and with all new shipments the factory includes instructions how to put the backs on, although it should be quite straight forward

3. The hydraulic arm can be adjusted (where it is attached to the storage wall and arm cap) so the arm cap would not pop up faster that it needs to...

Just happened that the first tray I found only had one long pin. All of the other chairs had two pins. Found a short pin laying in on the floor where I had unpacked the chairs.

USB chargers are almost as good as the head rest. Have them charging one remote and two 3D glasses. Nice to be able to charge these and also store them at the same time.
post #744 of 923 Old 01-15-2014, 05:04 PM

Liked: 15
I think only the top of the line chairs come with 2 pins. My fusions did not. Painters tape did work well for transporting them upstairs. Plywood on a handtruck and a section of rope worked well. I tried to get the wifee to stand below and catch them in case they fell off the handtruck, but she didn't fall for it. rolleyes.gif
I'll have to relocate the attachment points of the pneumatics, self opening armrests are irritating. Very comfy chairs thou, getting better with time.
Ron

"New Member" since 2007....
post #745 of 923 Old 01-17-2014, 05:53 PM

Liked: 20
Thanks for the pics, I've been considering getting these chairs myself. Wow, #3 definitely has issues. I wouldn't be happy with it either, QA must have been asleep that day. I'm curious as to how big these gaps get as the cushions break in over time. I bought a Lane recliner sofa about this time last year which was comfortable in the beginning but ended up with this gap when in recline after the cushions overly softened making the couch very uncomfortable...in other words it's junk. I'm hoping these are better quality with a decent longevity, right now I think I'm still a little "gun shy" from my last purchase experience so have been procrastinating in purchasing. Anomaly or not, my opinion is they should replace it and not send someone to band aid fix on site...just my opinion of course. smile.gif
post #746 of 923 Old 01-20-2014, 06:04 PM

I tried out my Escape chairs this Sunday watching the payoffs. One thing I noticed is very good lumbar support. So far they are a winner.
post #747 of 923 Old 01-21-2014, 09:38 AM

I also noticed with the game on, you couldn't here the coolers in the cupholder so it was tough to determine if they were on unless you muted the sound.
post #748 of 923 Old 01-21-2014, 09:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirdman View Post

I also noticed with the game on, you couldn't here the coolers in the cupholder so it was tough to determine if they were on unless you muted the sound.

The sound of the coolers is annoying to me...I guess the frequency from the fan and I do not get along. If i think the cooler is on and the movie is too loud, I can always put my finger inside the rim and the vibration tells me they are on (as long as the BKs are not going crazy, at least).

Shan
post #749 of 923 Old 01-21-2014, 11:10 AM

Shan,

Do dog whistles bother you also? LOL Sound like a lot of things is subjective. I'll have to try the feel the vibration method.
post #750 of 923 Old 01-21-2014, 01:32 PM
Advanced Member

LOL, there is no doubt that it is subjective. Most of my friends do not even notice the fans...I notice them as soon as I step in the room. I am really sensitive to the sound those smaller fans make. That and the fact that, in my opinion, they make no measurable difference in the temperature of water is why I never use them. I've tried, but I cannot tell when they are on. I have been meaning to do a more scientific test and measure water temp changes over an hour of time with the cooler on versus off, but have never bothered. In the end, while I don't see that feature as a benefit of the chair, I love the chairs. And some people some love the cup holders, so it is just my opinion and you know what they say about those. smile.gif

Shan
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page