My new Fusion - Lagoon chairs from Roman - Page 29 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #841 of 929 Old 04-01-2014, 08:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Should have asked first time around. How many and can someone post a pic? This is awesome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 929 Old 04-02-2014, 01:56 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollyon_22 View Post

Have pretty much decided on the Lagoon in a set of 3. Mostly due to everyone's excellent feedback.

My question is if I should replace the 2 middle armrests with removable ones so that I have the option of going from 3 single chairs to a chair and love seat or to a full couch. Right now I have a futon and I find myself laying down a lot to watch movies.

Any thoughts are appreciated, would love to get these ordered in the next day or 2.

Couch with modular armrests is a pretty good idea, but IMO it will only really work with a chair with a flat seat. The Escapes are slightly bucket-shaped and so would not be comfortable to lay across. I don't think you could do this with the Escapes anyway because the controls are in the cupholder and the middle seat would have no arm, but hopefully you get my point. It may work with other models.
post #843 of 929 Old 04-02-2014, 05:25 PM

Have thought about that. None of them are completely flat, but the Lagoon doesn't seem to bad. Also the USB and maybe the recline control is in the arm. Would lose the USB completely and the recline mechanism would be moved. So a negative there.
post #844 of 929 Old 04-04-2014, 05:14 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 18
The only chair that have bucket seat is Escape-1019, and the armless piece that is needed to build a 3 seat couch configuration is not available in this style group because all the controls are on the cup holder, hence you need at least one arm.

Roman
rtheaters.com
Fusion Collection Seating
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #845 of 929 Old 04-05-2014, 06:43 AM

Liked: 11
I've been waiting quite some time on the new house being completed, and then waiting some more for my escapes to come. But now, all is complete. The Escapes are very comfortable and I love the adjustable headrest. I went for a row of 4, 2 chairs and a love seat with the temp divider in Red Leather with vinyl match. So far, love the Escapes, have a bunch of people coming over today, so I'm sure they'll get a good testing today.

Roman was very responsive to all emails during the buying process and the chairs are fantastic.

I'll take another couple of pics in the daylight to show the chairs better.

post #846 of 929 Old 04-05-2014, 05:58 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 26
First time I have seen them in the Red/Burgundy. They look great. Terrific color choice!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #847 of 929 Old 04-06-2014, 11:45 AM

more pictures of the Escape 1019 in Red Leather with Vinyl Match, it was still a bit dark in the room even at lunchtime, so had to leave the lights on.

Close up of the Cupholder / Controls

Front View No Recline

Front View Half Recline (back still upright)

Side View Half Recline

Front View Full Recline

Side View Full Recline
AnnapolisSony likes this.
post #848 of 929 Old 04-15-2014, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks to all for the reviews and pictures. I am all but convinced to purchase the Escapes. When I spoke to Roman today, he suggested the bonded leather instead of the leather/vinyl match. We have had horrible luck with bonded leather in the past and while I'm sure the bonded leather is nice initially, the question I have is about durability and quality in the long term.

Do any of you have bonded leather chairs, that have been used consistently over time, that can attest to the quality and durability?

Your opinions are extremely appreciated. Thx
post #849 of 929 Old 04-15-2014, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 129
^^
I have 6 chairs from Roman in bonded leather and they are all holding up quite well after one year...smile.gif
post #850 of 929 Old 04-15-2014, 06:54 PM

Just purchased 4-Tributes in black bonded leather earlier this week from Roman. Expect delivery either Thursday or Friday of this week. I struggled between both choices (leather or bonded) and opted for bonded. From everything I've read in this thread (and believe me I've read almost all the posts), I can't recall really anyone that complained about wear issues with the bonded leather fabric. It's a tough decision, one I struggled with for several weeks. Good luck with your decision.
post #851 of 929 Old 04-17-2014, 06:46 PM

I also purchased four Tributes in bonded leather. Roman was great to work with. One of the four chairs was not responding to the open or close signals. With Roman's help, I was able to figure out that the connection from the power supply to the controls was unplugged. Plugged it back in and everything worked. Here are a few photos of my setup.

post #852 of 929 Old 04-18-2014, 08:32 AM

To add to my previous post, we have had these chairs for two days now and they are very comfortable. The bonded leather is soft. The chairs were easy to setup. I pushed each box upstairs as I was too impatient to wait for my friend to help. I would suggest that if you have to put these up any stairs that you get the white glove delivery. I am still sore from pushing the boxes upstairs. My wife is very happy with the purchase and even fell asleep in the chair last night. If you are on the fence, give Roman a call. You will not regret it.
AnnapolisSony likes this.
post #853 of 929 Old 04-19-2014, 05:55 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinigord View Post

more pictures of the Escape 1019 in Red Leather with Vinyl Match, it was still a bit dark in the room even at lunchtime, so had to leave the lights on.

Close up of the Cupholder / Controls

Front View No Recline

Front View Half Recline (back still upright)

Side View Half Recline

Front View Full Recline

Side View Full Recline

THE RED LOOKS WILD MAN! Great pics and thanks for reporting in for all...

A/V Gear: EPSON 5030UB | 100" Fixed Mount | Samsung UN46F5500 LED TV | Yamaha RX-A1010 | Emotiva XPA-3 | OPPO BDP-103 | Panamax M5300 | Pro-ject Carbon Debut | Polk 265-RT (L/R) | Polk 255C-RT (C) | Polk 65RT (L/R SUR) | Polk RC80i (L/R REAR SUR) | PSA XV-15 | Sonos

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #854 of 929 Old 04-21-2014, 05:07 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thanks to all for the reviews and pictures. I am all but convinced to purchase the Escapes. When I spoke to Roman today, he suggested the bonded leather instead of the leather/vinyl match. We have had horrible luck with bonded leather in the past and while I'm sure the bonded leather is nice initially, the question I have is about durability and quality in the long term.

Do any of you have bonded leather chairs, that have been used consistently over time, that can attest to the quality and durability?

Your opinions are extremely appreciated. Thx

To be precise - I have not suggested the bonded leather instead of leather/vinyl combo, but rather an alternative to that. In terms of durability, scratch resistance, comfort I would say that the bonded leather and the top grain leather that we use are quite equal. I would choose the cover based on the desired look. Leather has some sheen to it and more of a smooth surface. The bonded leather has matte finish with a little "crocodile" pattern, and will give more contemporary look.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #855 of 929 Old 04-21-2014, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I guess I'm still not sold on bonded leather...especially at the price of these chairs (they're not exactly inexpensive). Most furniture stores who sell bonded leather anything sell it quite inexpensively. I know...I know..."not all bonded leather is the same". Right. I'm no expert, but as far as I can tell "bonded" leather is at most 10 to 20% actual leather (who knows what the rest of it is). That makes me question the quality. Also, I've seen several postings on this very site of pictures of bonded leather chairs that look pretty bad, after a few years of usage, and some of those chairs were purchased from Roman (at least according to the posters). Just so I'm clear, I'm not picking on Roman. I've dealt with the guy, and he's a good guy. I'm simply making the point that bonded leather doesn't really seem to hold up, regardless of who is selling it.
post #856 of 929 Old 04-21-2014, 12:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma869 View Post

I guess I'm still not sold on bonded leather...especially at the price of these chairs (they're not exactly inexpensive). Most furniture stores who sell bonded leather anything sell it quite inexpensively. I know...I know..."not all bonded leather is the same". Right. I'm no expert, but as far as I can tell "bonded" leather is at most 10 to 20% actual leather (who knows what the rest of it is). That makes me question the quality. Also, I've seen several postings on this very site of pictures of bonded leather chairs that look pretty bad, after a few years of usage, and some of those chairs were purchased from Roman (at least according to the posters). Just so I'm clear, I'm not picking on Roman. I've dealt with the guy, and he's a good guy. I'm simply making the point that bonded leather doesn't really seem to hold up, regardless of who is selling it.

I don't know how long it takes to determine if something is going to hold up well, but Roman has been selling these chairs for 2+ years, a lot of them in Bonded, and I have not seen any comments from folks suggesting they don't hold up well.

I would be worried if we were seeing a lot of negative comments. Either way, I have seen a lot of horror stories with chairs made out of real leather as well. I think it depends less on the Leather vs. Bonded and more on the quality of both that the company is using. So far, it seems like Roman's is pretty good quality.

post #857 of 929 Old 04-22-2014, 05:26 PM

Took about a week to get but my chairs finally arrived this afternoon.

Very happy with the build quality and overall look. Highly recommend Roman and his Fusion seating line.
post #858 of 929 Old 04-23-2014, 05:24 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by alittletank View Post

My wife thought I was crazy for buying based only on the reviews on this site. But I'm glad I did and we all love our chairs

DITTO. Same here, Wifee absolutely loves her chair

"New Member" since 2007....
post #859 of 929 Old 04-24-2014, 09:10 AM

Purchased 2 Escapes. It took about 3 weeks between the time that I mailed the check and received the chairs. Roman was great! We sent a few emails back and forth - he answered every one almost immediately - within minutes.

The chairs are a good value. I purchased black leather/vinyl match. They look awesome, are pretty comfortable and the kids absolutely love them. If I had to nitpick... I wish that there was more padding on the armrests. Also, the bottom of the storage compartment in the armrest is a little flimsy - two of the screws pulled out due to the heavy tray stored inside during shipping. I fixed with a corner reinforcing angle iron with screws into the face of the wood instead of the edge.

I power them from a powerstrip that is switched on by the receiver. When I dim the lights and turn on the receiver, the lights around the cupholders light up - pretty neat. I wonder if I could send a sound signal thru the buttkickers when they power up...

My only issue is that I only ordered 2. I would like to order another one, but the shipping is pretty high on 1 chair. Anyone near Madison Wisconsin ordering any soon? Perhaps I could piggy-back on the order. If you are on the fence, you could come to my house and check them out...

A question: Has anyone manged to fit a Buttkicker LFE into one of these chairs. I have an extra one - it would save $200 on a BK Advance.

bill
post #860 of 929 Old 04-24-2014, 10:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agmitch View Post

A question: Has anyone manged to fit a Buttkicker LFE into one of these chairs. I have an extra one - it would save $200 on a BK Advance.

bill

There is not enough room to get a LFE in there, based on a visual inspection and Roman's guidance. Roman sells and mounts the Buttkicker Advance BK4-LFE. Having had the larger LFE on my previous chairs, I was worried these smaller versions would not work as well, but they work great.

Shan

post #861 of 929 Old 04-24-2014, 10:31 AM

I asked Roman about the LFE, and he said the same thing...
post #862 of 929 Old 04-24-2014, 11:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:

Purchased 2 Escapes. It took about 3 weeks between the time that I mailed the check and received the chairs. Roman was great! We sent a few emails back and forth - he answered every one almost immediately - within minutes.

The chairs are a good value. I purchased black leather/vinyl match. They look awesome, are pretty comfortable and the kids absolutely love them. If I had to nitpick... I wish that there was more padding on the armrests. Also, the bottom of the storage compartment in the armrest is a little flimsy - two of the screws pulled out due to the heavy tray stored inside during shipping. I fixed with a corner reinforcing angle iron with screws into the face of the wood instead of the edge.

I power them from a powerstrip that is switched on by the receiver. When I dim the lights and turn on the receiver, the lights around the cupholders light up - pretty neat. I wonder if I could send a sound signal thru the buttkickers when they power up...

My only issue is that I only ordered 2. I would like to order another one, but the shipping is pretty high on 1 chair. Anyone near Madison Wisconsin ordering any soon? Perhaps I could piggy-back on the order. If you are on the fence, you could come to my house and check them out...

bill

Too bad this wasn't a few weeks earlier. I'm in Waunakee myself and just had the Escapes delivered the first week of April!

My only nitpick is with the cooler. It is a bit noisy, but I can live with that. What I really wish is that the light changed color to red/blue to indicate it was off or on. Better yet, I wish there was a soft button for the cooler like there is for the lock button to prevent accidentally turning it on and off. Once you're used to it it's fine, but when you have new guests over you need to explain to everyone about the cooler button.

post #863 of 929 Old 04-25-2014, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcramer View Post

Too bad this wasn't a few weeks earlier. I'm in Waunakee myself and just had the Escapes delivered the first week of April!

My only nitpick is with the cooler. It is a bit noisy, but I can live with that. What I really wish is that the light changed color to red/blue to indicate it was off or on. Better yet, I wish there was a soft button for the cooler like there is for the lock button to prevent accidentally turning it on and off. Once you're used to it it's fine, but when you have new guests over you need to explain to everyone about the cooler button.

Funny! Both of the people in Wisconsin that read this forum live in Waunakee and have Escape chairs...biggrin.gif

Agreed about the cooler. I will probably just disconnect it. It doesn't really do much anyway.
post #864 of 929 Old 04-25-2014, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:

bill

I have the BK Advance and the Mini LFE will work but I am pretty sure the BK LFE unit is to tall...
post #865 of 929 Old 04-25-2014, 09:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:

Funny! Both of the people in Wisconsin that read this forum live in Waunakee and have Escape chairs...biggrin.gif

Agreed about the cooler. I will probably just disconnect it. It doesn't really do much anyway.

Any chance you know for sure if there is a single cord you can disconnect for the cooler? I'd probably do the same as it would be easier to do that than having to hear the humming then check each chair to see if they are on.

post #866 of 929 Old 04-26-2014, 11:03 AM
Advanced Member

does any one have a recommendation for what cleaner i could use on my bonded leather escapes? thanks in advance.
post #867 of 929 Old 04-27-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcramer View Post

Any chance you know for sure if there is a single cord you can disconnect for the cooler? I'd probably do the same as it would be easier to do that than having to hear the humming then check each chair to see if they are on.

Sorry, haven't really looked yet. I did ask Roman if the cooler could be disconnected and if the control light could be disabled and he said that he didn't have any info on either. He did reiterate that the fans turn off automatically after 4 hours.

bill
post #868 of 929 Old 04-27-2014, 08:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Sorry, haven't really looked yet. I did ask Roman if the cooler could be disconnected and if the control light could be disabled and he said that he didn't have any info on either. He did reiterate that the fans turn off automatically after 4 hours.

bill

My cup holders were turned on by mistake in the night and they were whirring away till the next night when i noticed them. I don't know if i have defective ones, but mine don't turn off after 4 hrs.
post #869 of 929 Old 04-29-2014, 09:45 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Agmitch,

I will be ordering my chairs soon I live in Kenosha. I will be ordering 4 elites, so if you can wait a little bit, ask Roman on the cost to ship with my order. Its still a bit of a drive so you'll have to see if its worth it for you.
post #870 of 929 Old 05-02-2014, 05:46 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quote:
does any one have a recommendation for what cleaner i could use on my bonded leather escapes? thanks in advance.

Mild water / soap solution is all you need...

Roman
rtheaters.com
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page