post #61 of 929 Old 12-22-2011, 12:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike5150 View Post

I was able to swing by their warehouse today and check out both the Fusion and Escape. Both chairs are very nice and Larry's review above is fairly accurate. On a personal level I think I might disagree that the Escape is more comfortable. To both my wife and I they just sat different from each other.

For example, my 5'3" wife couldn't touch the ground when sitting in the Escape. Both of us preferred the Lagoon. This was a blind test for her. Though I knew which chair was which and which cost which, she did not.

My point is, I would not necessarily just assume the Escape is more comfortable just because it is more expensive. I will add that if you do like to recline all the way back, the Escape is going to be the chair for you because of that sweet headrest.

Ultimately my wife chose the Lagoon and preferred the black leather/vinyl combo. I let her have the final choice since I was just so pleased I won the theater seats vs sectional debate. Frankly I am so happy the warehouse was close by because otherwise I think I was going to end up with a stupid microfiber sectional. The chairs were nice enough to convince my wife to go with theater chairs.

I ordered them just a few hours ago and they are being delivered around noon tomorrow. *boggle* Okay my break from spackling is over...

Congrats Mike

I need to order my set, but I have no room to store them. I just took delivery for all my building materials

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 929 Old 12-26-2011, 06:21 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
After much debate and looking around, I finally decided to go with the fusion series Lagoon seating. I am not one to buy such a big and expensive purchase online sight unseen; however, the price and the online reviews of RSH helped sway me to do this.

Just for a frame of reference, I had tried seating at several places which included brands such as Palliser, Berkline, Lane, and Klaussner. The only other seats that we both liked were the klaussner - they were comfortable, quiet, and felt well built. The problem is that they were much more expensive than others with the same features (leather and power recline).

My biggest concerns about ordering the lagoon unseen was the comfort. My wife and I are fairly picky when it comes to comfort. I have a bad lower back so anything to soft is no good, but I also do not like a hard seat either. I was a bit concerned that the seats would be too firm, but I'll get to that in a bit. I wasn't too worried about quality or customer service just due to all the business and reviews Ultimate Home Entertainment had done with AVSers and others. I've had them for a few days and have watched a full movie sitting in them so far. Here are my impressions so far on the seats from ordering process through comfort.

What I ordered:
Fusion Lagoon. 2 sets of 3 seats in leather/vinyl match power recline. Straight row configuration (see issues section below).

Ordering process:
This was pretty straight forward. I had e-mailed RSH for pricing and availability and once we had agreed on a price and a style I asked how to order. They take every form of payment (credit card through PayPal). I initially was going to pay through PayPal but I ran into some glitches and instead of fighting through the PayPal system, I opted for a direct wire transfer. Payment went through fairly quickly (Monday night into Tuesday morning). Would be nice if they took credit card directly; however, I understand why they don't. 4.5 out of 5 stars

Communication:
RSH is very attentive and responds to e-mail quickly. He responded to me over the weekends as well, including a Sunday evening. I never talked to him over the phone, although I tried to call once and received his voicemail. I didn't leave a message, but he called back anyway and talked briefly with my wife (I wasn't home). 5 out of 5 stars

Delivery:
I ordered the seats on Tuesday (payment went through) and they arrived on Thursday. For reference, they are in NJ and I'm in NC. Can't beat that - especially since this was the week before Christmas. I was fully expecting the seats not to arrive until the week after Christmas, so this was great. They use Yellow Truck company, and an 18 wheeler arrived to deliver the seats. A tracking number was provided, but the trucking company called the day before anyway to ensure someone would be home. They also called 30 minutes prior to delivery. I only paid for curb side, so I had to help pull the seats off the truck and put them in my garage. They had a dolly that I could use. Overall 5 out of 5 stars.

Packaging:
Each seat was packaged in a cardboard box. The box contained the bottom and the top unattached to each other. I think there were two boxes per crate in the truck. The boxes were in fairly good condition, with no noticeable issues. I did not unpack each box before the trucking company left. I bought the extended warranty and figured any issues would be covered by that. Each piece was also wrapped in plastic. Overall 5 out of 5 stars.
Here is a pic of the six boxes.

Assembly:
Seats bottoms come separate from tops within the same box. This makes for easier maneuvering - especially since I was going upstairs. It will require two people to move these seats. Assembly is very easy and the tops slide into metal guides and snaps into place. 5 out of 5 stars.

Build quality:
Overall very impressed with the build quality. The seats are sturdy, not loose at all. There is no play in the backs once attached. The arms feel sturdy and the cup holders are nice stainless steel and fit snug into thew holder. The leather is nice quality, soft, with a nice sheen. The stitching is good quality with no mis-stitches or non uniformity. The metal frame is sturdy underneath and there are several feet on the bottom. I noticed a couple were loose, but a half turn with a phillips head tighten them up right away. I cannot tell where the leather ends and vinyl begins, and yes there is a nice leather smell with these - not overbearing, but nice none the less. There are some small blemishes here and there that are only noticeably if inspected very closely and you are looking for them. No way any of these would be noticed in a theater. The power recline works well - smooth and quiet. The chaise leg rest fully open before the seats start to recline, so you can have your legs up without reclining if so desired. I did notice that some chairs recline faster than others - I assume this is just differences between motors/actuators and I really don't know if this can be adjusted. One important note, the leather rubbing on these seats do make them squeak - fairly loud too. I used baby powder and rubbed along all areas that would rub against each other and it is amazing how well it worked. The seats are quiet now and I cannot hear when another is being reclined. Overall 4.5 out of 5 stars

Comfort:
This was a very important aspect for me and my wife - and the biggest concern for us. Comfort is subjective, but I can tell you these chairs are VERY comfortable. The most comfortable of all the seats we sat in and this made us very happy since it was bought on faith and our biggest concern. I mentioned, the leather is soft and plush, the headrest is just right (although fully reclined you may need a pillow), and the support is good. They are plush yet not overly soft. some reviews I read called the seats "firm." I don't think they are firm but more in the middle. I will say, each seat has a slightly different "firmness" to them - but I suspect that will even out over time. You do not sink to the floor, but you also do not sit on top of the cushion. a very good balance. The backs are soft and offer very good support. Lumbar is good, but I will still need a pillow for my lower back (remember I have a bad back). Honestly, every seat I sat in would require this. Overall 5 out of 5 stars.

Issues:
My overall experience, quality, and comfort of the chairs was excellent. There was one main issue. I had ordered 2 sets 3 seats in straight configuration. when I started opening the boxes, I realized that the arms on some of the chairs were wedged. To my surprise, I was shipped two sets of curved configuration instead of straight. I quickly contacted RSH and I received several follow-up e-mails from him. Turns out there was a mix-up in the warehouse and they shipped the wrong configuration to me. Everything else was correct (leather vinyl match). Early on when debating which seats to buy, I was on the fence between straight or curve configuration anyway, so although I was a little upset at first, I was ultimately OK with this. From a seat dimensions aspect, either would fit (keep in mind curve config. is a bit wider). Although very quick with responding, I was not overly happy with the response - he let me know what happened and confirmed I did get leather, but he assumed I was keeping the chairs and indicated it shouldn't be a big deal because the curvature is not that great. I am sure if it was a big issue, we could have worked something out but I didn't push the issue. Overall, I am happy with the curve configuration and actually think it works better with my room.

Summary and Recommendations:
In summary, the ordering and delivery were great. Construction and quality of the chairs is great. Comfort was perfect for me and my wife. I think the mix-up was an honest mistake and I would certainly purchase from RSH again. The price was the most competitive I could find for the same amenities. Overall I would recommend these seats to anyone. I would always recommend that you test out the seats first if possible, but I would not hesitate to recommend these chairs to anyone even if sight unseen.

Pictures:

post #63 of 929 Old 01-04-2012, 05:40 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

Can anyone comment about how the recline works on these?

Can you bring the leg rest up fully before it starts to recline the back?

Mike5150,

All Fusion Collection Theater Seating recliners use the same wallaway mech. that requires only 4"-6" behind the chair for a full recline. If you check the pictures of our new Tribute-1015 group you would see that the footrest does go up pretty much into full horizontal position before the back starts moving down.

Hope this helps...

Roman
rtheaters.com
Fusion Collection Seating
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #64 of 929 Old 01-04-2012, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh View Post

Mike5150,

All Fusion Collection Theater Seating recliners use the same wallaway mech. that requires only 4"-6" behind the chair for a full recline. If you check the pictures of our new Tribute-1015 group you would see that the footrest does go up pretty much into full horizontal position before the back starts moving down.

Hope this helps...

Even though I have absolutely no where to put them, I am really excited for me seats to come in

Stupid question, how are these powered?

Do they plug into the seat next to them and eventually one into an outlet (sort of like a Christmas tree)

Each have individual plugs

Solar powered

2 stage motor

Hybrid gas engine

post #65 of 929 Old 01-04-2012, 10:21 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Solar powered

2 stage motor

Hybrid gas engine

very funny Larry...

Each recliner has its own power cord. You either need to plug it into a power outlet or into the powerstrip with an extension cord. You can drop the powerstrip under one of the chairs and plug them all there. Then you would only need to plug in an extension cord into the outlet.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #66 of 929 Old 01-04-2012, 02:24 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:

very funny Larry...

Each recliner has its own power cord. You either need to plug it into a power outlet or into the powerstrip with an extension cord. You can drop the powerstrip under one of the chairs and plug them all there. Then you would only need to plug in an extension cord into the outlet.

Similar to this I bought black power strip surge protectors, placed under the middle chair and had all power cords run under the chair to the power strip. There is a flap that hangs down (part of the top) that velcro's across the back bottom of the chair. this allows easy access to the back underneath.The power strip then plugs into an outlet. In my case, I installed outlets on on the riser top (just behind where the chairs would be) and one on the front of the riser for the front row because I knew this was the route I wanted to go.

post #67 of 929 Old 01-17-2012, 07:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

very funny Larry...

I was really hoping for the gas engine, but power cords will do
Meeting with my friend who is an electrician tomorrow for a game of poker so I'll make sure to include outlets in the riser and behind the back row

post #68 of 929 Old 01-17-2012, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Another question:

Can someone measure the chair without the back cushion? i.e. bottom cushion and frame is XX" x XX" x XX" and single arm rest is XX" x XX" x XX"

I ordered 7 seats and from taking measurements in my Dad's van we think we can get them all in 1 trip. Plan is the captains chair (2 arm rests) will go on the roof along with another 1 armed chair and the other 5 chairs in the van with opening 2 boxes and laying the bottom sections on top of each other...it's ambitious but from our measurements with 2 unboxed we should have some room to spare.

post #69 of 929 Old 01-22-2012, 07:47 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 37
How distracting are the led control lights in the escapes? Are they always on?
post #70 of 929 Old 01-22-2012, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispykeith View Post

How distracting are the led control lights in the escapes? Are they always on?

I saw them in a lighted warehouse and from what I could tell they didn't look like they would be annoying.

Also now that I think about it, I believe there is a light off button

post #71 of 929 Old 01-22-2012, 09:14 AM

Liked: 10
does anyone know where the fusion escapes are made? Are they USA or north America's? Are the springs in the seat cushions and the back back cushions?
post #72 of 929 Old 01-22-2012, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabby View Post

does anyone know where the fusion escapes are made? Are they USA or north America's? Are the springs in the seat cushions and the back back cushions?

Neither, they are made in China

post #73 of 929 Old 01-22-2012, 09:41 AM

Thanks for the info, any idea on springs in the back cushions or filled or foam?
post #74 of 929 Old 01-22-2012, 09:57 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Fabby,

The pocket coil springs are in the seats. No one, at least from what I know, puts the springs in the back.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #75 of 929 Old 01-22-2012, 10:00 AM

Roman, ON your website, it appears that you carry some of the Palliser line of seating. Any comparisons between the Pallisers with articulating headrest vs the Fusion Escapes?
post #76 of 929 Old 01-22-2012, 10:05 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

fabby,

All I can tell you, and again you may think that I am biased, but I will give you my honest personal opinion, that the powered headrest on the Escape-1019 cannot be compared to anything else. IMHO it is one of the most important features that gives you infinite control over your reclining/head position allowing adjusting it to a proper viewing angle regardless of what reclining position you are in.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #77 of 929 Old 01-22-2012, 10:09 AM

Is the leather on the escapes as shiney as in the pics, or is it about the same gloss as the Pallisers? I have only sat in the Lane and Pallisers at Best Buy Magnolia. Roman, could you PM me the pricing of the Escapes? Thanks.
post #78 of 929 Old 01-22-2012, 10:27 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Palliser offers variety of leathers, and I do not know which one you saw, so I would not be able to compare. The leather that we use has some sheen to it (not much, but it is not matte cover). The bonded leather on the other hand is matte (no sheen at all), and very contemporary looking.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #79 of 929 Old 01-22-2012, 01:58 PM

no light off button but i put the tray over the light.
post #80 of 929 Old 01-22-2012, 03:59 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I wanted to post an updated review of my Fusion chairs. I was one of the first persons in this thread to leave a review. It's been a couple months now since I've had them and unfortunately, I'm disappointed in them and here's why.

I'm only about 190 pounds and I sit in the main center chair for an average of one hour every day. Nobody else sits in "my chair." After just a few months, despite the pocket coils, there is considerable sagging in the seat bottom. The result is you have a huge gap between your upper back and butt, providing virtually no lower back support. After just 30 minutes sitting in these, I have to get up and stretch or it's very uncomfortable. And mind you, I don't have any back issues at all. It's just this huge gap makes it very uncomfortable.

The other issue is the recline on these is very odd. No matter what recline position you are in your head is not support by the headrest. To get any head support, I have to use a pillow behind my head. Otherwise, you have to hold your head up the entire time you're sitting in the chairs.

Long story short, I don't like these chairs at all. If I was able to return them I would but it's beyond the return policy and there is nothing defective about them - they're just very uncomfortable! I wish there was a return policy for simply not liking them

I finally had enough and went to the furniture store the other day and bought a full size leather recliner. I finally have total comfort! When the family wants to watch movies I'll just pull my chair out and put the Fusion's together. It will be a pain in the butt to move chairs around all the time but that's how uncomfortable these Fusions are I'm willing to live with the inconvenience.

For those shopping for chairs, here is what I highly recommend. If you don't like sitting in a chair without any head support, then don't buy the Fusions - buy the Escapes as they have adjustable head rests. And if you're really picky about lower back support and you want 100% support throughout your entire back, stay away from ANY of these Chinese-made entertainment chairs. Pony up the extra dollars and buy a really nice US-made set of chairs so you have total comfort and total back support - OR buy individual recliners if you have the space for them.

Travis
post #81 of 929 Old 01-22-2012, 04:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvanslooten View Post

I wanted to post an updated review of my Fusion chairs. I was one of the first persons in this thread to leave a review. It's been a couple months now since I've had them and unfortunately, I'm disappointed in them and here's why.

I'm only about 190 pounds and I sit in the main center chair for an average of one hour every day. Nobody else sits in "my chair." After just a few months, despite the pocket coils, there is considerable sagging in the seat bottom. The result is you have a huge gap between your upper back and butt, providing virtually no lower back support. After just 30 minutes sitting in these, I have to get up and stretch or it's very uncomfortable. And mind you, I don't have any back issues at all. It's just this huge gap makes it very uncomfortable.

The other issue is the recline on these is very odd. No matter what recline position you are in your head is not support by the headrest. To get any head support, I have to use a pillow behind my head. Otherwise, you have to hold your head up the entire time you're sitting in the chairs.

Long story short, I don't like these chairs at all. If I was able to return them I would but it's beyond the return policy and there is nothing defective about them - they're just very uncomfortable! I wish there was a return policy for simply not liking them

I finally had enough and went to the furniture store the other day and bought a full size leather recliner. I finally have total comfort! When the family wants to watch movies I'll just pull my chair out and put the Fusion's together. It will be a pain in the butt to move chairs around all the time but that's how uncomfortable these Fusions are I'm willing to live with the inconvenience.

For those shopping for chairs, here is what I highly recommend. If you don't like sitting in a chair without any head support, then don't buy the Fusions - buy the Escapes as they have adjustable head rests. And if you're really picky about lower back support and you want 100% support throughout your entire back, stay away from ANY of these Chinese-made entertainment chairs. Pony up the extra dollars and buy a really nice US-made set of chairs so you have total comfort and total back support - OR buy individual recliners if you have the space for them.

Travis

ughh

I really hope I don't feel the same once my seats come in

It'll be really disappointing if the springs give out that fast. Are you sure there isn't a defect with your springs?

post #82 of 929 Old 01-22-2012, 08:16 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I have no idea if the springs are defective or not. Here is what I can tell you. The Berkline set I had (that these replaced) had the same issue BUT I had them for a couple years before they got as bad as these are now - and the Berklines didn't have pocket coils - so maybe the coils are defective. However, I doubt they are.

This is my second set now of Chinese made "affordable" entertainment chairs and I suspect they all have this issue - pocket coils or not. I think it's because of how they are made compared to a regular recliner. With a regular recliner you have more padding (and bigger pads) and the back rest that meets the seat bottom are really tight together, giving you full support.

With these entertainment systems, you have less padding and smaller pads and the back rest isn't nearly as tight against the seat bottom. The overall frames of these sets are smaller too so the overall construction quality just isn't there.

I'm convinced the only way to get ultimate comfort is to either buy individual recliners or spend $5,000+ on a high-end entertainment set.

Travis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry M View Post

ughh
Are you sure there isn't a defect with your springs?

post #83 of 929 Old 01-22-2012, 09:03 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 37
Thanks for the feedback guys. I can't believe there is no way to defeat the control lights. That seems like it would be a distraction given my fully light controlled theater. That is a bummer considering everything else appears so well thought out. I appreciate the insight.
post #84 of 929 Old 01-22-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispykeith View Post

Thanks for the feedback guys. I can't believe there is no way to defeat the control lights. That seems like it would be a distraction given my fully light controlled theater. That is a bummer considering everything else appears so well thought out. I appreciate the insight.

Color them with a sharpie/marker; electrical tape; dab of paint; disconnect them; add a switch...
post #85 of 929 Old 01-23-2012, 06:56 AM

I just received 7 of the Fusion Escapes. I really like them and hope that they hold up better than the last set of China-made chairs I had.
The light issue is my one problem with these chairs. I like to watch movies with all lights out, except a dimmed ceiling light tray light on. The blue lights are distracting. They have a "lock" button to keep you from accidentally adjusting any of the reclining/headrest/chiller settings. I think that when the lock is engaged, the lights should go off. Maybe Roman can incorpaorate that feature into the next release of these chairs. Other than that, I like everything else about the chairs. They overall have a much better quality feel than the ones I replaced.

Time will tell...

Pete
post #86 of 929 Old 01-23-2012, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have no idea if the springs are defective or not. Here is what I can tell you. The Berkline set I had (that these replaced) had the same issue BUT I had them for a couple years before they got as bad as these are now - and the Berklines didn't have pocket coils - so maybe the coils are defective. However, I doubt they are.

This is my second set now of Chinese made "affordable" entertainment chairs and I suspect they all have this issue - pocket coils or not. I think it's because of how they are made compared to a regular recliner. With a regular recliner you have more padding (and bigger pads) and the back rest that meets the seat bottom are really tight together, giving you full support.

With these entertainment systems, you have less padding and smaller pads and the back rest isn't nearly as tight against the seat bottom. The overall frames of these sets are smaller too so the overall construction quality just isn't there.

I'm convinced the only way to get ultimate comfort is to either buy individual recliners or spend $5,000+ on a high-end entertainment set.

Travis

Chinese import or not, these chairs aren't exactly cheap. Your seat shouldn't be failing this quickly.

Hell my mother bought couches from Bob's furniture and after a year they still look and perform like new.

I bought a couch about 7 years ago for $500 and over the past few years it has gotten tons of use and while it has lost it's support it is still comfortable and used each day for a few hours.

I hope your case is isolated because I bought 1 captain chair and 6 left/right arm combos. The captain chair will obviously get the most use and I won't be able to rotate that around like I would with the left/right arm combos.

post #87 of 929 Old 01-23-2012, 07:24 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Travis,

I will contact you personally off line to see what the problem may be, and as you know I stand behind the product 100% and will do whatever it takes to resolve any issues that you may have with the chair(s).

We constantly working on improving our chairs, and any feedback is always appreciated. As a matter of fact we are working on upgrading the power cup holder features. At the time when we made our first Escape-1019 these were the only cup holder features available. The reason for the LED lights being on all the time was the fact that if they were off you would not be able to see/identify the buttons in complete dark, and it would be hard readjusting your reclining/head position, bringing the chair in full upright position or control the cooler. We are currently discussing with the supplier adding a functionality of the cup holder LEDs turning off after certain amount of time, and turning on when you touch one of the buttons.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #88 of 929 Old 01-23-2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:

Travis

Travis, i'm considering those seats as well and debating with my wife on a sofa. Are you experiencing the issue with all the seats or just one seat? my concern with these seats is that they are new to the market have not been tested for a long time.

My room is a shared room between kids play area and large screen when needed. i can only fits 1 row of 3 seats, so a safe provides more flexibility.

Pioneer VSX-1121-k
Epson 3010 projector
Panasonic DMP-BDT210
Monoprice cables for inwall
BlueRigger - cables for device connectivity
post #89 of 929 Old 01-23-2012, 04:45 PM

i have also had the seats for awhile and mine seem to be fine. I can't say that I have spent an hour a day, but if you had it for 60 days and that's 60 hours, i'm pretty sure i have sat in mine for 60 hours and they still feel like new to me.

I do have the ones with the headrest motorized, and I don't know how much that makes a difference..

I just put the tray over them and that works fine. regarding the lights.
post #90 of 929 Old 01-27-2012, 11:09 AM

Any update on your problems Travis?
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page