My new Fusion - Lagoon chairs from Roman - Page 30 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

post #871 of 959 Old 05-03-2014, 01:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Is there anyone in the Milwaukee/Chicago area (Madison wouldn't be too far....Hint..Hint) that has Elites that I could try? I just looked at a bunch of Palliser chairs and realized I would like to sit in a chair before I buy it.

Out of the chairs I tried, I liked the Palliser Equalizer and Mendoza chairs. They were a good size for me and had just the right balance of softness and support. Both of these are about $1000 more than the Elites for a set of 4. I would prefer to buy the Elites but I sure would like to try them before I write that check.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #872 of 959 Old 05-06-2014, 10:48 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I just ordered 4 Escapes black in bonded and cannot wait for their delivery! I do have one question, I know these are pre-setup for Buttkickers, does anyone know if Aura AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers will mount or fit to the pre-installed brackets? I am over budget on the chairs and trying to save a little money on the "added extras" ie the shakers.
Also I know the Buttkickers are very nice but the Aura's are half the price. Am I going to be let down with these and wished i spent the extra $?

Anyway thanks to everyone on these treads, It was a leap of faith buying these sit (site) unseen, but with all the positive feedback and the great communication from Roman, I hope to really like these seats!

Paul (80sArcade)
post #873 of 959 Old 05-06-2014, 11:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sarcade View Post

So I just ordered 4 Escapes black in bonded and cannot wait for their delivery! I do have one question, I know these are pre-setup for Buttkickers, does anyone know if Aura AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers will mount or fit to the pre-installed brackets? I am over budget on the chairs and trying to save a little money on the "added extras" ie the shakers.
Also I know the Buttkickers are very nice but the Aura's are half the price. Am I going to be let down with these and wished i spent the extra $?

Anyway thanks to everyone on these treads, It was a leap of faith buying these sit (site) unseen, but with all the positive feedback and the great communication from Roman, I hope to really like these seats!

Paul (80sArcade)

My buttkicker bottoms out so much so that i turned it off now. Tried different settings but no luck. Would like to know if anyone had better experience as i want to put this option to good use!
post #874 of 959 Old 05-06-2014, 01:54 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by falafala View Post

My buttkicker bottoms out so much so that i turned it off now. Tried different settings but no luck. Would like to know if anyone had better experience as i want to put this option to good use!

What are you using to drive the buttkickers? If you are using a BK-1000NA, my guess is you have the gain too high. You may also be trying to push the frequency too high. ideally, you BKs do you replace your subwoofer, but handle the low frequencies that Subs cannot play as efficiently and back the subs up on the higher frequencies. I have high pass filter set to about 50hz and the lowpass off.

To tune it, I suggest you find a really bassy scene (I use the Cave Troll attack scene in LOTR: Fellowship) to tune your BK. Set it pretty low and play the scene. If it is fine, adjust it up quite a bit and play again. If it bottoms out, reduce by half of the change and run again. Each time you replay it reduce or increase by 1/2 change. Once you get them tuned in, you will be happy as pie. People tend to try and push them too hard. If you cannot get it tuned it, talk to Roman as it may be defective.

Again, think of the BK as you do your surrounds. Don't increase the gain so much that they are obvious. When set up correctly, folks you invite over should thing you just have really great subwoofers. If it is obvious that the shaking is coming from the chairs, you may either have it tuned wrong or your subwoofer is not sufficient for your room. The only time I would have the BKs be obvious is if you are watching something late at night so you want the subs down in order to not bother anyone. Otherwise, they are just there to reinforce your existing bass.

Shan
post #875 of 959 Old 05-06-2014, 02:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post

What are you using to drive the buttkickers? If you are using a BK-1000NA, my guess is you have the gain too high. You may also be trying to push the frequency too high. ideally, you BKs do you replace your subwoofer, but handle the low frequencies that Subs cannot play as efficiently and back the subs up on the higher frequencies. I have high pass filter set to about 50hz and the lowpass off.

To tune it, I suggest you find a really bassy scene (I use the Cave Troll attack scene in LOTR: Fellowship) to tune your BK. Set it pretty low and play the scene. If it is fine, adjust it up quite a bit and play again. If it bottoms out, reduce by half of the change and run again. Each time you replay it reduce or increase by 1/2 change. Once you get them tuned in, you will be happy as pie. People tend to try and push them too hard. If you cannot get it tuned it, talk to Roman as it may be defective.

Again, think of the BK as you do your surrounds. Don't increase the gain so much that they are obvious. When set up correctly, folks you invite over should thing you just have really great subwoofers. If it is obvious that the shaking is coming from the chairs, you may either have it tuned wrong or your subwoofer is not sufficient for your room. The only time I would have the BKs be obvious is if you are watching something late at night so you want the subs down in order to not bother anyone. Otherwise, they are just there to reinforce your existing bass.

Shan

Thanks Shan let me give this a shot. I wish this is in some manual smile.gif

Another issue i observed is there is a delay between butkicker and my subwoofer. This ruins the experience, i tried adding delay to my subwoofer and it doesn't seem to do any good.
post #876 of 959 Old 05-06-2014, 02:15 PM
Advanced Member

It would be helpful to know how you are driving it. If you are y-splitting off the same output so your sub and your BK and driven on the same timing, I cannot imaging delays being an issue unless your subs are a really long ways away. If you are using an old receiver to drive your BK, you need to ensure you are not adding any additional delay there.

The perceived timing issues could also be that you are trying to use the BKs to play to high a frequency. Once you get them to where they are not bottoming out, you might pick a scene were you have noticed this issue and try turning the high pass filter on the BK down to about 25 then increasing (using the same method above) until your BK integrates well with your sub.

Shan
post #877 of 959 Old 05-08-2014, 02:36 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I just ordered a set of 3 Escapes from Roman in black leather/vinyl combo. I will be waiting patiently for a couple of months until the advanced buttkickers get back in stock. These are replacing an aging set of Berkline 13174's purchased from Roman back in 2008 or so.

I went with leather over the bonded due to my Berkline's bonded leather tearing. To be fair, first bubble occurred after almost four years of daily use. Tears came soon after. With the price of the Escapes, I wanted a little more peace of mind. Got the 5 year warranty as well.
post #878 of 959 Old 05-09-2014, 11:44 AM

Liked: 10
I just received my four black bonded leather escapes. |0|0|0|0| First impressions, they smell great, are comfortable, and appear to be built pretty well. Love the adjustable headrest!! This was the thing that pushed me over budget, but so glad I did.
A couple things not really mentioned on the website, they do come with USB port in the storage areas, they have the Buttkicker plate, feet and screws included (now need to find the $ for the amp and kickers)!
The tray is all aluminum and not like the plastic wood grain ones I have seen. They are just like the tilting table, but they are not as thick and do not in tilt nor do they have the magnets in them. I really like them over the plastic wood grain versions. Only complaint is they are hard to get in the storage area and they show finger prints.
Overall very happy with my purchase and looking forward to spending a lot of time watching movies, TV and sports in them. One other note, I sent in the check last Wednesday and the delivery was the following Thursday. So just over a week to Ohio total turn around was better and faster than I expected.

Paul (80sarcade)
post #879 of 959 Old 05-09-2014, 04:24 PM

Liked: 17
I've had my 8 Escapes for just over two years now. I have zero complaints and I've had zero problems with them. They look and work like new. They get a LOT of use. Typically I have all 8 of them filled at some point each weekend with friends and family and typically the wife and I watch a movie and/or TV show a couple of times a week plus some Audio time pretty often on top of that. They don't collect dust, that's for sure. I'm extremely satisfied with my purchase.
post #880 of 959 Old 05-12-2014, 11:57 AM

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Anyone sit in Palliser HiFi before and and comment on how firm the Escape is compared to that? I'm reluctant to spend 5k+ on a set of furniture I've never seen let alone sat on before.

My Home Theater Build: The Vortex Theater Build
post #881 of 959 Old 05-17-2014, 01:33 PM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 19
It does not look like anyone is sharing their experience, so I will since I have sat in both.

The Palliser overall makes very good quality recliners. The Hi-Fi is one for the several models that I would probably recommend in terms of comfort and looks.

On the other hand, it is not fair comparison of this chair and Escape-1019, which regardless of comfort and looks, which are both very subjective, has way more features including powered headrest, arm storage compartment and aluminum tray, Buttkicker ready feature, USB port., integrated power cup holder.

I'd say that comfort wise they may be similar with the Palliser being slightly firmer, but in terms of head support, and many other listed above features there is no comparison...

Roman
rtheaters.com
Fusion Collection Seating
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #882 of 959 Old 05-21-2014, 07:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 18
What can I use on my escapes bonded leather to keep them from squeaking when they open and close?
post #883 of 959 Old 05-21-2014, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra 150 pilot View Post

What can I use on my escapes bonded leather to keep them from squeaking when they open and close?

Talcum powder

post #884 of 959 Old 05-25-2014, 07:32 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

You can also try Armor All

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #885 of 959 Old 06-14-2014, 09:12 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I'm looking to buy some chairs for my room but the room is only 10' wide. Was planning on going with the Jives... Would love to get 4 seats with the |o|oo|o| option if possible, but this comes out to 109" width. I do have to pass the couch to get into the seating thus leaving only 11" to pass on 1 side if I have one side all the way close to the wall. Do you think this would be a problem and I would just be better going with 3 seats?
post #886 of 959 Old 06-14-2014, 09:29 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

scotsman8,

If you need to pass the chairs you do not have enough space for the IOIOOIOI set because the isle should be at least 24" wide.

Your options are:

1. go with a set of 3
2. go with the 4 seat couch IOOOOI - 97.25" wide, which will leave you with 22.75" isle (a bit smaller than needed, but workable) and use modular armrests: http://www.rtheaters.com/FusionColle...C-MOD-ARM.html

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #887 of 959 Old 06-14-2014, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh View Post
scotsman8,

If you need to pass the chairs you do not have enough space for the IOIOOIOI set because the isle should be at least 24" wide.

Your options are:

1. go with a set of 3
2. go with the 4 seat couch IOOOOI - 97.25" wide, which will leave you with 22.75" isle (a bit smaller than needed, but workable) and use modular armrests: http://www.rtheaters.com/FusionColle...C-MOD-ARM.html
How are the comfort of the modular armrests compared to the regular? Maybe I should just go with the 3 regular seats.
post #888 of 959 Old 06-14-2014, 10:06 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

No problems with the comfort whatsoever...

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #889 of 959 Old 06-14-2014, 10:27 AM

Ugh decisions decisions.
post #890 of 959 Old 06-14-2014, 01:37 PM

well I went to a store today and they had a |o|oo|o| seat and when sitting in the middle i reclined and didn't like how the seat next to you was so close and not reclined. Going to go with a curved 3 I think.
post #891 of 959 Old 06-17-2014, 05:49 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Well, you can always use a re removable armrests on the loveseat.

It is ultimately comes down how many seats you actually need.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #892 of 959 Old 06-19-2014, 06:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Well, you can always use a re removable armrests on the loveseat.

It is ultimately comes down how many seats you actually need.
Can the removeable armrests be purchase seperately? If so, what is the cost?

ISF Calibrator
Samsung PN64F8500
Pioneer Kuro Elite Pro-111FD
Pioneer Kuro BDP-320
Displays are like 100% cotton t-shirts. Always buy a size larger than you think you'll need, as they tend to shrink over time.
post #893 of 959 Old 06-19-2014, 08:58 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Can the removeable armrests be purchase seperately? If so, what is the cost?
Yes, It can.

Please contact me off line for pricing.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #894 of 959 Old 07-06-2014, 03:19 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Folks,

I will be out of the country for next week or so, but will be checking my emails regularly. So please email me if you need anything. I will not have access to the phone.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #895 of 959 Old 07-07-2014, 08:10 AM
Advanced Member

I'm selling my (3) Fusion Tributes if anyone is interested. These are some of the best seats on the market.

We're re-doing our basement, so these need to go. They are 10 months old I believe and come with a 5 year extended warranty.

They are located in Wildwood, Missouri.

Selling for $1,750.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	.facebook_1875311802.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	151193  

Add your favorite bass-heavy movies here; http://lfemovies.pbworks.com/

Last edited by Air Supply; 07-08-2014 at 09:41 AM.
post #896 of 959 Old 07-16-2014, 06:57 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Folks,

Just wanted to let you know, that I am back, and will be answering the phone...

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #897 of 959 Old 07-16-2014, 03:34 PM
Advanced Member

how is the warranty service

Did anyone get a chance to use the warraty service?

For two of my Escapes the metal rings on the armrest (that you can insert the tray into) have become loose and fell off. They are very hard to screw back in as there is not much thread exposed. I may have to call on the warranty and hope to get them fixed.

thanks for sharing your inputs.
post #898 of 959 Old 07-16-2014, 04:14 PM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quote:
For two of my Escapes the metal rings on the armrest (that you can insert the tray into) have become loose and fell off. They are very hard to screw back in as there is not much thread exposed.

It is actually a relatively easy fix.

If you put the chair on the side and reach inside the arm, you will find a nut that holds the spindle in place. Just Loosen the nut, and screw the spindle cap back on. Tighten the nut then, and you will be all set.

I hope this helps...

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #899 of 959 Old 07-16-2014, 04:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
It is actually a relatively easy fix.

If you put the chair on the side and reach inside the arm, you will find a nut that holds the spindle in place. Just Loosen the nut, and screw the spindle cap back on. Tighten the nut then, and you will be all set.

I hope this helps...
wow thanks for the quick reply! Will try it out.
post #900 of 959 Old 07-18-2014, 11:52 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by falafala View Post
wow thanks for the quick reply! Will try it out.
I had to do the same thing on two of my chairs. easy fix.
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page