Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 923 Old 07-18-2014, 11:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looks nice but...

This has been a great thread. Looking to get 3 of the Tributes in red bonded leather, but my problem is that I have Clark Synthesis Gold 329s in two of my existing chairs which look like they wont fit. This would likely prevent my purchase, since the Clarks are more powerful than the buttkickers I see listed on these. :-(
post #903 of 923 Old 07-19-2014, 04:38 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
bronnie23,

Fist of all you are getting this all backwards. Choosing the chairs based on the transducers you already have seams to be wrong way to choose your home theater seating.

Second the chairs are Buttkicker READY, meaning that kinetic rubber isolators that decouple the chairs from the floor and damp the vibrations coming from the transducers and the plate that excepts the BK-mini-LFE or advanced BK4-4 buttkickers are factory pre-installed, and I am sure if you need to stay with the Clark Synthesis transducers you may be able to find a away to mount them.

Last but not least, the BK4-4 advanced buttkickers are quite powerful, and I honestly do no see why would you need any more power than that...

Roman
rtheaters.com
Fusion Collection Seating
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #904 of 923 Old 07-19-2014, 03:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScAndal View Post
My jives

Very nice.

I like your room, simple, elegant, and clean.
post #905 of 923 Old 07-20-2014, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reasons

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh View Post
bronnie23,

Fist of all you are getting this all backwards. Choosing the chairs based on the transducers you already have seams to be wrong way to choose your home theater seating.

Second the chairs are Buttkicker READY, meaning that kinetic rubber isolators that decouple the chairs from the floor and damp the vibrations coming from the transducers and the plate that excepts the BK-mini-LFE or advanced BK4-4 buttkickers are factory pre-installed, and I am sure if you need to stay with the Clark Synthesis transducers you may be able to find a away to mount them.

Last but not least, the BK4-4 advanced buttkickers are quite powerful, and I honestly do no see why would you need any more power than that...
I'm sure the buttkickers are great, it's just that I have 600 dollars worth of Clarks that I will have to discard if they don't fit in the Tributes. I'll have to do some more research and see if they possibly would fit. Love the chairs and hope this works out. Thanks Roman
post #906 of 923 Old 07-21-2014, 07:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
My jives

Those look great, and love your room! How wide is your room? I'm debating on going 3 or 4 wide.
post #907 of 923 Old 07-21-2014, 07:47 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWCR View Post
Those look great, and love your room! How wide is your room? I'm debating on going 3 or 4 wide.
Thanks! The room is 13' 9" wide. It was a long debate about going 3 vs 4. We have 2 kids and wanted everyone to be able to sit in the same row. The Fusion Jive's were the only set I could fit a 4 seat combo in front row.

4 seats is certainly a lot more $ but in the end I'm really glad I didn't go 3.
post #908 of 923 Old 07-21-2014, 08:56 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Great room ScAndal, very clean lines and theme! The chairs look perfect in there.

I finally bit the bullet and have my curved row of 4 Fusion Escape's on the way today, should be here this afternoon. I have a pretty basic living room but looking forward to this upgrade a lot.

Home Theater Build in Progress (Contemporary living room, Klipsch RF-7 II 5.2 audio, Sony VPL-HW50ES Projector, Da-Lite 16:9 159" HP, recessed Mid Atlantic rack, etc)
post #909 of 923 Old 07-22-2014, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Hey guys, I am looking at these chairs also. I guess the I like the Escape, however I am not sure about getting the bonded leather or the leather vinyl? I just don't want them to be hot. Can anyone share if the cheaper bonded leather gets really hot or not? I am also pretty big at 6'1" 300 lbs.
post #910 of 923 Old 07-23-2014, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailorrmade View Post
Thanks to all for the reviews and pictures. I am all but convinced to purchase the Escapes. When I spoke to Roman today, he suggested the bonded leather instead of the leather/vinyl match. We have had horrible luck with bonded leather in the past and while I'm sure the bonded leather is nice initially, the question I have is about durability and quality in the long term.

Do any of you have bonded leather chairs, that have been used consistently over time, that can attest to the quality and durability?

Your opinions are extremely appreciated. Thx
Quote:

To be precise - I have not suggested the bonded leather instead of leather/vinyl combo, but rather an alternative to that. In terms of durability, scratch resistance, comfort I would say that the bonded leather and the top grain leather that we use are quite equal. I would choose the cover based on the desired look. Leather has some sheen to it and more of a smooth surface. The bonded leather has matte finish with a little "crocodile" pattern, and will give more contemporary look.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma869 View Post
I guess I'm still not sold on bonded leather...especially at the price of these chairs (they're not exactly inexpensive). Most furniture stores who sell bonded leather anything sell it quite inexpensively. I know...I know..."not all bonded leather is the same". Right. I'm no expert, but as far as I can tell "bonded" leather is at most 10 to 20% actual leather (who knows what the rest of it is). That makes me question the quality. Also, I've seen several postings on this very site of pictures of bonded leather chairs that look pretty bad, after a few years of usage, and some of those chairs were purchased from Roman (at least according to the posters). Just so I'm clear, I'm not picking on Roman. I've dealt with the guy, and he's a good guy. I'm simply making the point that bonded leather doesn't really seem to hold up, regardless of who is selling it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis Is Alive View Post
I just ordered a set of 3 Escapes from Roman in black leather/vinyl combo. I will be waiting patiently for a couple of months until the advanced buttkickers get back in stock. These are replacing an aging set of Berkline 13174's purchased from Roman back in 2008 or so.

I went with leather over the bonded due to my Berkline's bonded leather tearing. To be fair, first bubble occurred after almost four years of daily use. Tears came soon after. With the price of the Escapes, I wanted a little more peace of mind. Got the 5 year warranty as well.
So I see you are still trying to say bonded leather is a great material. I actually thought about you yesterday when someone tried telling me he had real leather, but it was bonded. He was told it would last and it hasn't.

I went over this five or so years ago, so if anyone is interested they can look it up. Bonded or bicast leather isn't really leather. It is either an emulsion of leather fibers or the throw away split hide. The manufacturers put a heavy coating on the this material to try to give the material strength and durability. It doesn't work. As Elvis found out, when it starts to go it really goes. A good top grain leather should last a long time. I have seen twenty year old top grain leather that still looks great even with everyday use.

Of course, the flip side is if you only use the chairs two or three times a week and are gently used then bonded can last a decent amount of time. If you use it like your everyday furniture, then a couple of years might be a good expectation. For me, I would choose leather/vinyl over bonded. If the vinyl is a good quality then you should have any issues.

My new favorite game is Save The Titanic

post #911 of 923 Old 07-24-2014, 05:14 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
My jives

A bit off topic but really like the look of the room. What specific colors do you have on the walls and ceiling? Thinking of repainting my room.
post #912 of 923 Old 07-24-2014, 06:08 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgswff3 View Post
A bit off topic but really like the look of the room. What specific colors do you have on the walls and ceiling? Thinking of repainting my room.
The walls (upper) are actually fabric panels made out of GOM (Red Claret) http://www.guilfordofmaine.com/swatches/2100-418

The black is just Benjamin Moore Black
post #913 of 923 Old 07-24-2014, 05:02 PM

Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by falafala View Post
Did anyone get a chance to use the warraty service?

For two of my Escapes the metal rings on the armrest (that you can insert the tray into) have become loose and fell off. They are very hard to screw back in as there is not much thread exposed. I may have to call on the warranty and hope to get them fixed.

thanks for sharing your inputs.
If you can avoid going through a warranty claim and try to fix it yourself you will keep a bit of sanity.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
post #914 of 923 Old 07-24-2014, 05:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndskurfer View Post
If you can avoid going through a warranty claim and try to fix it yourself you will keep a bit of sanity.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
could you elaborate on your ominous comment?
post #915 of 923 Old 07-25-2014, 03:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Did anyone get a chance to use the warraty service?

For two of my Escapes the metal rings on the armrest (that you can insert the tray into) have become loose and fell off. They are very hard to screw back in as there is not much thread exposed. I may have to call on the warranty and hope to get them fixed.

thanks for sharing your inputs.
I've used the warranty service. Excellent service. He's fast.

I had the exact same thing happen to mine. You can reach it from underneath. I suggest some lock tite on that silver "ring" or it will keep backing off of there.

Add your favorite bass-heavy movies here; http://lfemovies.pbworks.com/
post #916 of 923 Old 07-25-2014, 09:22 PM

Liked: 25
Quote:
could you elaborate on your ominous comment?
It's a long long story. Long story short, I submitted a claim in November, tech has been at our house 3 times (to confirm prior notes per montage). Montage has been hoping I would just go away I think. I think we are nearing resolution - replacement of 1 chair (reclining mechanism and/or pocket coils are locking up somewhere).

The chairs are great, been used heavily since first shipment of lagoons. Not sure how this problem started, but the warranty company is very frustrating to work with.
post #917 of 923 Old Yesterday, 10:44 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 81
I got my Fusion Escapes in last Monday, I got a curved row of 4 in black leather/match. I set them up mid-week, they were easy to set up and I'm impressed with the overall look and feel of the chairs. About the only issue I had setting them up is that a couple of the silicone packets that suck of moisture had somehow been torn open inside of the box, and when I opened the box they went EVERYWHERE. Had to have been thousands of them that I had to vacuum up, I was initially concerned that my dogs may eat them but upon looking it up online a small quantity isn't toxic at all. I had heard the Fusion Escapes are firm, but I find the bottom cushion to be quite soft... almost like a sponge (in a good way). The leather is very supple feeling, I've had lots of other leather furniture but these feel like these are better quality. I don't find the leather to be too shiny, I'd consider it a satin sheen. I would prefer a bit more padding on the armrest and legrest, but it's not awful. There is a slightly strange sensation when you move the headrest back down while laying in it, you can feel some sort of support going down your back. I find the seats to be very awkward to sit in completely upright, not really a problem since I'd never sit in them that way (it is a theater after all).

The chairs were bigger overall than I had imagined, I'm a fairly big guy at 6' 230lb and my feet barely touch the ground, if at all... I had joked that I cant remember the last time that happened but it's true. There is a good 5-6" extra on each side of me, too. The chairs have a presence about them that really elevates the room. A bonus is that since the seating height is taller, I'm closer to the middle of the screen. It may be my imagination but it feels like the image on my Da Lite HP is brighter due to this. On the downside, I'm having to play with my center channel to get it to image correctly but that's no fault of the chairs. Without a doubt, the power headrests are a game changer. It was a primary complaint on my previous power reclining sofa that when I would recline, I would be looking up at the ceiling and would constantly have to lift my head or put an arm behind my neck so I could view the screen. It would cause strain, and these 100% alleviate that. This is by far my favorite aspect of the chairs.

The included aluminum tray tables are of much better quality than I imagined. They are very rigid, while I wouldn't stand on them they can more than hold the weight of anything reasonable you would place on them. I'm torn on the cup holder coolers, but right now I will say that depending on the type of glass you are using they can actually be effective. There is slight hum that I cannot hear unless everything is off. There is also a slight vibration, I don't personally mind it. I'm going to be testing some non-insulated stainless steel pint glasses, my guess right now is that they will be freezing cold to the touch and radiate the cold very well to the drink. Overall I'm fond of the touch buttons, lock system and LED layout. If I had a preference I'd prefer manual touch buttons on each of them, but these are okay and respond well to touch but are just perceptible to unintended button pushes, especially on the cup cooler. I don't find the red LED on the lock button distracting when watching movies in the dark, although the blue is not locked is quite intense and does distract me. The included USB charger in each of the powered armrests is a nice bonus for charging mobile devices or 3D glasses, if not a bit hard to get to and plug in properly.

I'm working on a few problems with Roman. I don't expect them to be perfect but a few things I really need to be fixed. One of the chair fronts, in the armrest section, has a lot of loose threading coming out of the seam. I'm not sure if I can trim it without the seam unraveling. One of the actual armrests/storage covers isn't sitting flush at all, with a gap large enough to easily place your fingers through. It's also a little cockeyed, which may be the source of the problem but I'm not sure. One of the chairs had a couple line indentations on the seating surface that I reported to Roman and I'm seeing if they stay the same... they aren't cuts but it looks like maybe the seat back was laying on it oddly in shipping or something. And lastly, a couple of the headrests are quite out of level. Roman has been a pleasure to deal with through this transaction, was always quick to reply to my emails even while out of the country, or late on weekends. We must have exchanged at least 25-30 emails. The chairs were delivered very promptly, I doubt it was even a week even though if was cross country from New Jersey to Arizona so he got them out immediately upon payment. I can see why Roman has gotten his great reputation on this forum, and I'm sure he'll take care of me and get these issues resolved.

Home Theater Build in Progress (Contemporary living room, Klipsch RF-7 II 5.2 audio, Sony VPL-HW50ES Projector, Da-Lite 16:9 159" HP, recessed Mid Atlantic rack, etc)
post #918 of 923 Old Today, 12:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I just submitted a claim with the warranty company. I have had my 4 escapes in bonded leather for 2.5 years. They have been wonderful except the cup holder on one of the chairs has 2 burned out led lights as well as quite a bit of deterioration around the plastic top where the controls are.It looks like moisture from drinks has eaten away the finish. The other 3 cupholders have the beginning of wear in the same area. The chair with the bad cupholder also has a small 2 inch tear on one of the seams. Has anyone else had problems with the finish on the cup holders?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140729_141441.jpg (197.8 KB, 9 views)

Dan Webster
Never stop upgrading!

Updated Theater Pictures

post #919 of 923 Old Today, 12:31 PM
rsh
AVS Special Member

That is an easy fix - would need to replace the top plastic ring on the cup holder...

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #920 of 923 Old Today, 01:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
That is an easy fix - would need to replace the top plastic ring on the cup holder...
I just submitted a claim with lots of pictures. Are these plastic rings available through you?? If so are they easy to replace and what is the cost. Thanks

Dan Webster
Never stop upgrading!

Updated Theater Pictures

post #921 of 923 Old Today, 01:43 PM
rsh
AVS Special Member

The warranty company should be able to order it from us, and you will get them as soon as they submit a request form. They may want to send a tech to check it out or not. I am not sure...

It is very easy to replace the plastic ring. There are 2 notches on the back of the cupholders, and you can use a flat screwdriver to pop the ring up. Then just snap another one in - that is all.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #922 of 923 Old Today, 01:49 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks. please pm me with the prices as i may want to replace the other ones in the future at my own expense. Other than those rings the chairs still look like new.

Dan Webster
Never stop upgrading!

Updated Theater Pictures

post #923 of 923 Old Today, 01:53 PM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Dan,

Why would you want to pay for something that is covered under warranty, and MFS should take care of?

If you still do, email me, and I will let you know...

Roman
rtheaters.com
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page