My new Fusion - Lagoon chairs from Roman - Page 32 - AVS Forum
First ... 30  31  32 33 
Theater Room Items & Accessories > My new Fusion - Lagoon chairs from Roman
bronnie23's Avatar bronnie23 03:18 PM 10-07-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tspotorno View Post
I have 8 Fusion - Escape chairs. They have been in operation for about a year and absolutely love them.

I have been researching D-Box and would like to add it to 4 of the chairs in my setup, I have 2 rows of 4. Basically middle 2 chairs of each row.

1. Has anyone attempted to install the pistons on these seats? Is it possible.

2. I know about their platforms, and absolutely, I can use them on the lower row, but on the riser, the chairs sit about 2" in from the edge of the riser. I.e. there riser width was build to accommodate the width of the chairs, but the D-Box platforms need a couple of inches not to mention the room for them to operate.

I'd love to be able to retrofit the D-Box pistons on these chairs if possible.

Didn't know if anyone else has attempted this.

Thanks
I've looked at the D-Box as well. If it were only in the 2k price range....looks impressive.

7channelfreak's Avatar 7channelfreak 06:29 PM 10-07-2014
Quote:
I have 8 Fusion - Escape chairs. They have been in operation for about a year and absolutely love them.

I have been researching D-Box and would like to add it to 4 of the chairs in my setup, I have 2 rows of 4. Basically middle 2 chairs of each row.

2. I know about their platforms, and absolutely, I can use them on the lower row, but on the riser, the chairs sit about 2" in from the edge of the riser. I.e. there riser width was build to accommodate the width of the chairs, but the D-Box platforms need a couple of inches not to mention the room for them to operate.

Thanks
I don't think you'll have much luck putting the actuators in the chairs. I have d-box ready chairs in my front row from cinamatech. I added the Tributes in the back row as they look so similar. They are set up very differently under the seat and I think the forces with dbox would break the Fusions down quickly if you could figure it out.

Reach out to thxman n the dbox thread ($20,000 plus tab). He's probably the best source here for installations outside the norm.
rsh's Avatar rsh 01:58 PM 10-14-2014
Folks,

Those who were waiting for the buttkickers - they are starting shipping. First 10 orders are shipping today.

More to come. It looks like Guitammer getting their act together.
Jeff in Canada's Avatar Jeff in Canada 06:33 PM 10-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh View Post
Folks,

Those who were waiting for the buttkickers - they are starting shipping. First 10 orders are shipping today.

Roman, I bought Lagoons and love them. I recently purchased shakers from Parts Express. http://www.parts-express.com/aurasou...ducer--299-028

Before I start playing around and making a mounting plate, I"m wondering if you sell mounting hardware that fits the chair? If not, where would you suggest mounting a plate as not to damage the chair?
rsh's Avatar rsh 06:36 AM 10-15-2014
The plates that we use are designed for BK-LFE minis and advanced BK4-4 buttkickers. The pre-drilled wholes are to fit those units.

You may want to get some plywood, cut about 18"x6" pieces and bolt them on the bottom to the metal frame of the chairs. You can use some wholes that are on the frame, and you may need to drill a few more to mount the plate. Then you can install the transducer on top of that plate.

Some people mount the Aura shakers to the bottom of the seat and used heavy duty wire ties to do so. This is the easiest way to do it.
rsh's Avatar rsh 07:59 AM 10-23-2014
Folks,

Our new style group - Streamline-1017 is on the way, and we will have them in stock in 3-4 weeks. We still offer 5 year extended warranty as a bonus to those who pre-order. This offer will expire after we receive our shipment.

Here are some pictures:

Streamline-1017 in BLACK leather/vinyl combo
Streamline-1017 in BROWN leather/vinyl combo
Streamline-1017 in BLACK full bonded leather
Streamline-1017 in BROWN full bonded leather
Streamline-1017 integrated lighted cup holders with the controls and the USB on the rim of the cup holder

Here is a SPEC SHEET file
outlikealight's Avatar outlikealight 08:04 AM 10-23-2014
Quote:
Folks,

Thanks. Anyone received their buttkickers yet?

And where are they Roman on getting them all filled?
rsh's Avatar rsh 08:21 AM 10-23-2014
Yes, quite a few people already got them.

The Guitammer had a lot of orders from me and other vendors, and they fulfill them on first come first serve basis. I was told that the rest of my orders should be shipping within next 2 weeks or so. They are getting more shipments, and will be fulfilling orders as they get the units...
Elvis Is Alive's Avatar Elvis Is Alive 02:18 PM 10-23-2014
Just received my 3 Escapes in black leather/vinyl combo with Buttkicker Advanced 4-4 installed. It was a long painful wait (6 mos.) for Guitammer to ship the buttkickers. I won't be able to unbox and test them until very late tonight (taking kids to Marvel Universe Live). The Escapes are replacing Berkline imports (13174's) purchased from Roman back in 2008.

I will give my impressions and post pics sometime this weekend.

FYI, Roman is awesome to work with. Spectacular service, I can't recommend him enough.
Elvis Is Alive's Avatar Elvis Is Alive 01:39 PM 10-24-2014
Very quick initial impressions:

Assembly was a breeze. Chair backs locked easily into place. Escapes are heavier and much more solidly built than my previous Berklines. Sitting position is much higher than the berklines also, I knew this from previous owner reports. I am 5' 10 1/2" 190 lbs and my feet don't touch the ground when chair is upright (not reclined). I rarely use theater chairs in upright position so this is no problem for me. They are a bit more narrow than the 13174's but I knew this from the specs.

Comfort is much improved over the Berkline's. More firm for sure. The most comfortable position for me is with the foot fully extended with little to no chair back recline. In a fully reclined position the lumber support isn't quite as good but still comfortable.

The chair backs seem shorter than my Berkline's (haven't checked specs on chair back height) but the adjustable headrest more then makes up for it. It is a fantastic feature. I am not sure I will use tray tables that much but they are more sturdy than I would have imagained with good weight to them.

I am pleased with the quality of the full leather/vinyl combo. It's not as soft as the bonded leather, but I think it will last better long term. It was upholstered well. Stitches and seams looks good. The controls will take a bit of time to get adjusted to but no complaints there. The cooling cup feature wasn't as loud as I expected given the feedback here. I won't use it very much as I almost exclusively use Tervis drinkware. I have yet to test the USB ports.

I made a boneheaded mistake when I was wiring the buttkicker advances. I didn't pay attention to the fact that the buttkicker binding posts are spring-loaded posts. I unscrewed one of the posts and was unable to screw it back on and had to completely remove the buttkicker to fix this and remount it the plate. (It was after 1 am, cut me some slack)

FYI, I would recommend to just self-install the buttkickers. They are super-easy to mount (4 screws). Roman told me this up front and I should have listened (I could've gottten my chairs 6 mos ago).

Can't really comment on the buttkickers yet. I only confirmed that they were receiving a signal. It was too late to test. I am going to first test with low pass off and high pass at 40 hz with volume (gain) at 1/4.

My only very small issue was that there was an identical impression/indention in the leather near the bottom of one the chair backs and the back of one of the seat cushions. It looks like a double square or double diamond impression. It is most likely a piece of cardboard or paper that was lodged in between the two during packaging. The impression on the seat cushion was not visible this morning and hopefully it will disappear on the chair back after a little usage.
outlikealight's Avatar outlikealight 07:44 AM 10-28-2014
Quote:
Yes, quite a few people already got them.

The Guitammer had a lot of orders from me and other vendors, and they fulfill them on first come first serve basis. I was told that the rest of my orders should be shipping within next 2 weeks or so. They are getting more shipments, and will be fulfilling orders as they get the units...
Ok. Thank you. Hopefully I will see mine sometime within the next 2-3 weeks.
rsh's Avatar rsh 05:22 PM 10-28-2014
You should, at least that is what I was told by Guitammer...
meflick 07:35 AM 11-05-2014
Hello. 1st I wanted to say "Thanks" to the users of this forum. We have been building our home theater the past couple of months and several times this forum and information shared by users was invaluable.

Some of that information was finding information and reviews on Roman and Ultimate Home Entertainment's Fusion Collection when looking to order 8 chairs for our home theater. Due to the positive feedback I found here and elsewhere on Roman, his business, and the quality of his chairs we decided to place an order with him for 8 Tribute Chairs in bonded leather with power recline. However, that purchase was still not made until I had asked Roman a TON of questions about the different styles, qualities, pricing, and so much more. My husband more than me was not sure he wanted to buy chairs online, sight unseen, and even more so - "road tested" for comfort!! Roman was very kind and always quick to respond to my emails - to take the time to answer my questions and to give me all the information he could. Unfortunately, being in TN - we still couldn't road test them however! So we went "sight" unseen and ordered 8 of them 10 days ago. They were in stock and shipped right away and was received by the end of the same week as ordered (as compared to the 6-8 weeks others both local and online had told me it would take.)

The chairs were easy to install and setup. 2 of the 8 had a minor issue with the power recline but Roman was quick to reply and they were easily fixed - issue was a power connection lose under the chair. Price was great and INCLUDED a built in USB port in the chairs, storage in the arms of the chairs, and a tray table for each chair (extra purchase with others I had looked at and often no arm storage). Also of concern was what size of chairs to get. We really wanted 4 chairs wide but room was only 14 feet so debated as to width of chairs to get. Roman assured me that the 4 straight across Tributes at 120" across with Loveseat in the middle would fit just fine and still leave an adequate walkway on each side. He was right. Since we went with the loveseat in the middle, we still wanted to be able to "separate" the loveseat into two seats in case who ever set there didn't want to "cuddle up" so we bought the extra armrest insert to use as needed. We got two (one for each row) and they look great and work well. Plus, each "chair" portion that makes up the loveseat still has its own power recline.

We haven't had enough "seat time" yet to say a lot about how they set and handle for the long haul but so far we like the look and feel of the chairs and think we will get many years of use from them and are very pleased with the quality and service.

We did not get the "Buttkickers" yet as DH doesn't want to spend that extra $ (yet) given that we are still getting over the expense of everything else! But the chairs are "butt kicker" ready should be decide we can't live without them any longer!

Thanks again for everyone who provided feedback previously on Roman, UHE, and their lines of chairs. It made it a little easier to pull that trigger and send off the $ to Roman sight unseen!
Elvis Is Alive's Avatar Elvis Is Alive 11:47 AM 11-06-2014
2 week notes:

The small impression I mentioned earlier is no longer noticeable. Escapes sit quite comfortably, I do need to readjust my position when I'm fully reclined for the best comfort (I move slightly back after full recline).

Buttkickers provide nice tactile feedback for low frequency response during movies, just don't expect anything from normal TV content watching.

My biggest concern long-term will be the armrests. The mechanism for opening and closing them doesn't seem especially sturdy. I do have a little wiggle (play) in them but I'm sure tightening the screws will help this.
rsh's Avatar rsh 09:23 AM 11-10-2014
Folks,

Those who are still interested in our new Streamline-1017 group:

The shipment arrives in a week or so, so the last chance to order and get the 5 year extended warranty...
outlikealight's Avatar outlikealight 09:46 AM 11-14-2014
My Buttkicker Advances arrived yesterday! Sweeeeet.
rsh's Avatar rsh 11:05 AM 11-21-2014
Folks,

All the orders with the BK gear were fulfilled. Last ones are shipping today.

Happy Holidays!

bronnie23's Avatar bronnie23 11:40 AM 11-21-2014
Quote:
Folks,

All the orders with the BK gear were fulfilled. Last ones are shipping today.

Happy Holidays!

Then mine should be here soon..
thxman's Avatar thxman 03:24 PM 11-21-2014
Quote:

Thanks
I just bumped into this today. There are options for your chairs outside of the SRP platforms. With the higher capacity actuators, you could modify your current riser and hide the tops of the vertical actuators under your seats. I created a rough sketch (in paint) to illustrate this option. If this is something you are seriously considering, I can provide other options as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7channelfreak View Post
Reach out to thxman n the dbox thread ($20,000 plus tab). He's probably the best source here for installations outside the norm.
Wow, thank you!
thxman's Avatar thxman 03:34 PM 11-21-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronnie23 View Post
I've looked at the D-Box as well. If it were only in the 2k price range....looks impressive.
Prices dropped to $4173 MSRP (chair not included) this fall for 2-axis. They are going in the right direction!
tspotorno's Avatar tspotorno 09:47 PM 11-21-2014
Thanks, I ended up purchasing the platform from Cineramax. Hopefully it will be shipping shortly, think it is being held for the HEMC unit to be finalized.

I saw you design, It appears from the drawing that the entire riser top would move? Not sure about that, as it would require quite a bit of reconstruction. I'll have a challenge to mount the platform to two of the chairs when I get it in...
dan webster's Avatar dan webster 02:58 PM 11-30-2014
I am trying to find some kind of led flexible light that would fit in the metal slot where the tray tables go. I like to surf the net with the lights down in my theater. i know i have seen this somewhere.
labqi's Avatar labqi 10:34 PM 12-09-2014
How much are the escapes? I'm looking to purchase 3-4. Is there ever any sale on the products?
Done Deal DR's Avatar Done Deal DR 11:04 PM 12-09-2014
Just PM Roman (rsh) and I'm sure he will get you a quote ASAP. I'm not aware of any sales but may be wrong.
Air Supply's Avatar Air Supply 04:40 PM 12-10-2014
If anyone is looking for 3 tributes in excellent condition, I'm selling mine for $1,000.
Attached: .facebook_1418080234311.jpg (85.8 KB) 
KAVE25's Avatar KAVE25 06:01 PM 12-12-2014
Air Supply - I'm interested in your Tributes if you're still selling them.
bronnie23's Avatar bronnie23 11:02 PM 12-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAVE25 View Post
Air Supply - I'm interested in your Tributes if you're still selling them.
Still no Buttkicker. Time to call Roman I guess. Had hoped to try it out out by Christmas, but still love my 2 chairs. Wife says once I get the refund I can order 2 more chairs!
rsh's Avatar rsh 07:31 AM 12-15-2014
bronnie23,

Have you ordered buttkickers and still waiting for them?

Please contact me off line if you do.
rsh's Avatar rsh 01:08 PM 12-15-2014
Brian,

The BK is shipping today.

I sent you the UPS tracking via email.
rsh's Avatar rsh 11:04 AM 12-19-2014
Folks,

The year is almost over, and I have decided to run a special on our Fusion Collection Seating. We will offer a discount of $50 per seat on all orders placed by the end of this year. Contact me via email for the pricing and availability.

Happy Holidays!
First ... 30  31  32 33 

Up
Mobile  Desktop