5Likes

post #931 of 940 Old 10-07-2014, 02:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tspotorno View Post
I have 8 Fusion - Escape chairs. They have been in operation for about a year and absolutely love them.

I have been researching D-Box and would like to add it to 4 of the chairs in my setup, I have 2 rows of 4. Basically middle 2 chairs of each row.

1. Has anyone attempted to install the pistons on these seats? Is it possible.

2. I know about their platforms, and absolutely, I can use them on the lower row, but on the riser, the chairs sit about 2" in from the edge of the riser. I.e. there riser width was build to accommodate the width of the chairs, but the D-Box platforms need a couple of inches not to mention the room for them to operate.

I'd love to be able to retrofit the D-Box pistons on these chairs if possible.

Didn't know if anyone else has attempted this.

Thanks
I've looked at the D-Box as well. If it were only in the 2k price range....looks impressive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #932 of 940 Old 10-07-2014, 05:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by tspotorno View Post
I have 8 Fusion - Escape chairs. They have been in operation for about a year and absolutely love them.

I have been researching D-Box and would like to add it to 4 of the chairs in my setup, I have 2 rows of 4. Basically middle 2 chairs of each row.

1. Has anyone attempted to install the pistons on these seats? Is it possible.

2. I know about their platforms, and absolutely, I can use them on the lower row, but on the riser, the chairs sit about 2" in from the edge of the riser. I.e. there riser width was build to accommodate the width of the chairs, but the D-Box platforms need a couple of inches not to mention the room for them to operate.

I'd love to be able to retrofit the D-Box pistons on these chairs if possible.

Didn't know if anyone else has attempted this.

Thanks
I don't think you'll have much luck putting the actuators in the chairs. I have d-box ready chairs in my front row from cinamatech. I added the Tributes in the back row as they look so similar. They are set up very differently under the seat and I think the forces with dbox would break the Fusions down quickly if you could figure it out.

Reach out to thxman n the dbox thread ($20,000 plus tab). He's probably the best source here for installations outside the norm.
post #933 of 940 Old 10-14-2014, 12:58 PM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Folks,

Those who were waiting for the buttkickers - they are starting shipping. First 10 orders are shipping today.

More to come. It looks like Guitammer getting their act together.

Roman
rtheaters.com
Fusion Collection Seating
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #934 of 940 Old 10-14-2014, 05:33 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh View Post
Folks,

Those who were waiting for the buttkickers - they are starting shipping. First 10 orders are shipping today.

Roman, I bought Lagoons and love them. I recently purchased shakers from Parts Express. http://www.parts-express.com/aurasou...ducer--299-028

Before I start playing around and making a mounting plate, I"m wondering if you sell mounting hardware that fits the chair? If not, where would you suggest mounting a plate as not to damage the chair?

Equipment: Denon AVR-4520, Fusion Tempest (LCR), Fusion Alchemy (4xSurrounds+Wides+Heights),15" Dayton Ultimax X 4, SMX 2.35:1 Screen
Theater Build
DIY Speaker / Sub Build
post #935 of 940 Old 10-15-2014, 05:36 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

The plates that we use are designed for BK-LFE minis and advanced BK4-4 buttkickers. The pre-drilled wholes are to fit those units.

You may want to get some plywood, cut about 18"x6" pieces and bolt them on the bottom to the metal frame of the chairs. You can use some wholes that are on the frame, and you may need to drill a few more to mount the plate. Then you can install the transducer on top of that plate.

Some people mount the Aura shakers to the bottom of the seat and used heavy duty wire ties to do so. This is the easiest way to do it.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #936 of 940 Old 10-23-2014, 06:59 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

New Streamline-1017 group

Folks,

Our new style group - Streamline-1017 is on the way, and we will have them in stock in 3-4 weeks. We still offer 5 year extended warranty as a bonus to those who pre-order. This offer will expire after we receive our shipment.

Here are some pictures:

Streamline-1017 in BLACK leather/vinyl combo
Streamline-1017 in BROWN full bonded leather
Streamline-1017 in BLACK full bonded leather
Streamline-1017 integrated lighted cup holders with the controls and the USB on the rim of the cup holder

Here is a SPEC SHEET file

Roman
rtheaters.com

Last edited by rsh; 10-23-2014 at 07:29 AM.
post #937 of 940 Old 10-23-2014, 07:04 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh View Post
Folks,

Thanks. Anyone received their buttkickers yet?

And where are they Roman on getting them all filled?
post #938 of 940 Old 10-23-2014, 07:21 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Yes, quite a few people already got them.

The Guitammer had a lot of orders from me and other vendors, and they fulfill them on first come first serve basis. I was told that the rest of my orders should be shipping within next 2 weeks or so. They are getting more shipments, and will be fulfilling orders as they get the units...

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #939 of 940 Old 10-23-2014, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Just received my 3 Escapes in black leather/vinyl combo with Buttkicker Advanced 4-4 installed. It was a long painful wait (6 mos.) for Guitammer to ship the buttkickers. I won't be able to unbox and test them until very late tonight (taking kids to Marvel Universe Live). The Escapes are replacing Berkline imports (13174's) purchased from Roman back in 2008.

I will give my impressions and post pics sometime this weekend.

FYI, Roman is awesome to work with. Spectacular service, I can't recommend him enough.
post #940 of 940 Old Yesterday, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Very quick initial impressions:

Assembly was a breeze. Chair backs locked easily into place. Escapes are heavier and much more solidly built than my previous Berklines. Sitting position is much higher than the berklines also, I knew this from previous owner reports. I am 5' 10 1/2" 190 lbs and my feet don't touch the ground when chair is upright (not reclined). I rarely use theater chairs in upright position so this is no problem for me. They are a bit more narrow than the 13174's but I knew this from the specs.

Comfort is much improved over the Berkline's. More firm for sure. The most comfortable position for me is with the foot fully extended with little to no chair back recline. In a fully reclined position the lumber support isn't quite as good but still comfortable.

The chair backs seem shorter than my Berkline's (haven't checked specs on chair back height) but the adjustable headrest more then makes up for it. It is a fantastic feature. I am not sure I will use tray tables that much but they are more sturdy than I would have imagained with good weight to them.

I am pleased with the quality of the full leather/vinyl combo. It's not as soft as the bonded leather, but I think it will last better long term. It was upholstered well. Stitches and seams looks good. The controls will take a bit of time to get adjusted to but no complaints there. The cooling cup feature wasn't as loud as I expected given the feedback here. I won't use it very much as I almost exclusively use Tervis drinkware. I have yet to test the USB ports.

I made a boneheaded mistake when I was wiring the buttkicker advances. I didn't pay attention to the fact that the buttkicker binding posts are spring-loaded posts. I unscrewed one of the posts and was unable to screw it back on and had to completely remove the buttkicker to fix this and remount it the plate. (It was after 1 am, cut me some slack)

FYI, I would recommend to just self-install the buttkickers. They are super-easy to mount (4 screws). Roman told me this up front and I should have listened (I could've gottten my chairs 6 mos ago).

Can't really comment on the buttkickers yet. I only confirmed that they were receiving a signal. It was too late to test. I am going to first test with low pass off and high pass at 40 hz with volume (gain) at 1/4.

My only very small issue was that there was an identical impression/indention in the leather near the bottom of one the chair backs and the back of one of the seat cushions. It looks like a double square or double diamond impression. It is most likely a piece of cardboard or paper that was lodged in between the two during packaging. The impression on the seat cushion was not visible this morning and hopefully it will disappear on the chair back after a little usage.
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page