My new Fusion - Lagoon chairs from Roman - Page 35 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 11Likes
post #1021 of 1031 Old 02-25-2015, 06:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Can anyone tell me the height of the arms on the Lagoon? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1022 of 1031 Old 02-25-2015, 08:41 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebracatzebra View Post
I spent about 2 hours at the warehouse this morning test driving the chairs. Based on my internet research, I had my mind made up about how I would rank the chairs based on price vs. features. All the chairs were extremely comfortable (which explains why my planned 30 minute visit exploded to 2 hours) however after sitting in them all for a good amount of time in person, I have a whole new completely subjective ranking now.

I was mainly interested in the Jive chairs for their smaller footprint, I didn't expect to care about a chair with an adjustable headrest (automatic or manual). But just like tjtv said, once I tried out an adjustable head rest I could understand how nice it really was. Using the push button headrest adjustment in the Escape was wonderful and had a real "cool" factor, however comfort wise I preferred the manual headrest in the Tribute. It basically tilted the entire top of the chair back forward, so both my head and shoulders were supported perfectly. I would't have known it was adjustable (or how to adjust it) unless I read about it first, where with the Escape you instantly know its adjustable thanks to the cup holder buttons. But based on price vs. feature vs. comfort, the Tributes jumped from last on my list to first. So right now for me it's a close race between first place (Tribute) and second place (Lagoon), I just have to narrow it down fast so I can get them in my theater to enjoy!
Great info, thanks! Just curious, what was is the reason you don't have the Escape higher on your list?

Last edited by patgilm; 02-25-2015 at 08:45 PM.
post #1023 of 1031 Old 02-26-2015, 01:34 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
I spent about 2 hours at the warehouse this morning test driving the chairs. Based on my internet research, I had my mind made up about how I would rank the chairs based on price vs. features. All the chairs were extremely comfortable (which explains why my planned 30 minute visit exploded to 2 hours) however after sitting in them all for a good amount of time in person, I have a whole new completely subjective ranking now.

I was mainly interested in the Jive chairs for their smaller footprint, I didn't expect to care about a chair with an adjustable headrest (automatic or manual). But just like tjtv said, once I tried out an adjustable head rest I could understand how nice it really was. Using the push button headrest adjustment in the Escape was wonderful and had a real "cool" factor, however comfort wise I preferred the manual headrest in the Tribute. It basically tilted the entire top of the chair back forward, so both my head and shoulders were supported perfectly. I would't have known it was adjustable (or how to adjust it) unless I read about it first, where with the Escape you instantly know its adjustable thanks to the cup holder buttons. But based on price vs. feature vs. comfort, the Tributes jumped from last on my list to first. So right now for me it's a close race between first place (Tribute) and second place (Lagoon), I just have to narrow it down fast so I can get them in my theater to enjoy!
So where do the Jives rank?
post #1024 of 1031 Old 02-26-2015, 01:49 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:

I know what you mean about extending your stay at the warehouse. I did the same exact thing. I think I spent at least an hour there sitting in the chairs.

That said, I went the Jive route. I didn't have a choice though because I needed the smaller footprint for four chairs. I've had my Jives about 14 months now and they work as well as the day I got them. No signs of wear and tear either. Couldn't be happier. The Fusion line rocks.

Displays: Epson 5030UB | 100-inch Elite Sable Fixed Mount | Samsung UN46F5500 LED TV
Sources: Yamaha RX-A1010 | Emotiva XPA-3 | OPPO BDP-103 | Panamax M5300 | Pro-ject Carbon Debut Turntable | Sonos Connect | Apple TV
Speakers: Polk 265-RT (L/R) | Polk 255C-RT (C) | Polk 65RT (L/R SUR) | Polk RC80i (L/R REAR SUR) | Subwoofers: PSA XV-15se X 2
Controls:Wall-mounted iPad AVS Forum Thread: 904WMC Media Room Thread
post #1025 of 1031 Old 02-26-2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patgilm View Post
Great info, thanks! Just curious, what was is the reason you don't have the Escape higher on your list?
While the escape scored very high on comfort, I have a small basement theater that is 10 feet wide and am (was?) trying to get 6 seats in there. Escapes are the largest seats in the line and there is no way I could fit a row of three.
post #1026 of 1031 Old 02-26-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill97Z View Post
So where do the Jives rank?
For me the Jives rank last. I was eying them for their small footprint in order to fit two rows of three in my room, but I was more comfortable in the less expensive and only slightly larger Lagoons. There is a possibility I could get a row a three Lagoons in there, there is no way I could get a row of three escapes and the tributes would be REALLY tight. The room is 10 feet wide but there is a section next to the stairs that is only 9'7" which is right next to the rear row.

What I'm thinking I'm going to do is get 4 Lagoons and play around with them in the room to see how 3 in a row would feel. If it's too cramped then I just stick with the 4, otherwise I pick up the other 2. While I did some mock-ups with the furniture already in the room, its hard for me to gauge until I have the real thing.
post #1027 of 1031 Old Yesterday, 06:08 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
can anyone tell me the height of the arms on the lagoon? Thanks!
25.5"

Roman
rtheaters.com
Fusion Collection Seating
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #1028 of 1031 Old Yesterday, 09:40 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
For me the Jives rank last. I was eying them for their small footprint in order to fit two rows of three in my room, but I was more comfortable in the less expensive and only slightly larger Lagoons. There is a possibility I could get a row a three Lagoons in there, there is no way I could get a row of three escapes and the tributes would be REALLY tight. The room is 10 feet wide but there is a section next to the stairs that is only 9'7" which is right next to the rear row.

What I'm thinking I'm going to do is get 4 Lagoons and play around with them in the room to see how 3 in a row would feel. If it's too cramped then I just stick with the 4, otherwise I pick up the other 2. While I did some mock-ups with the furniture already in the room, its hard for me to gauge until I have the real thing.
Very helpful, I wonder why the jives are more expensive? Paying more for a smaller footprint? Features look similar.

Anyway, I was looking at jives too due to small footprint, I guess I will see how much bigger the lagoons are, I like the look better too. Did they rank last due to comfort due to the narrower width and shorter back height?
post #1029 of 1031 Old Yesterday, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill97Z View Post
Very helpful, I wonder why the jives are more expensive? Paying more for a smaller footprint? Features look similar.

Anyway, I was looking at jives too due to small footprint, I guess I will see how much bigger the lagoons are, I like the look better too. Did they rank last due to comfort due to the narrower width and shorter back height?
The Jives do have more features than the Lagoons which I believe justify the higher price and the narrower width is not an issue, you barely notice it. Maybe it was the shorter back height...? I'm not sure I can pinpoint it. I do like to sit up high in chairs because of back issues. Still though, me saying I thought the Jives rank last among the other Fusion chairs is like saying Car and Driver ranked the Lamborghini Veneno last against the McLaren P1 and the LaFerrari. Jives were still more comfortable than the other Palliser and Berkline chairs I tried out and they are MUCH more comfortable than the seating I have in the theater now from Mealey's.

The chairs are now ordered so I can post some pics when I have them setup if that would be helpful too.
post #1030 of 1031 Old Today, 12:20 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Since this seems to be the most active thread on any of the Fusion chairs, I thought I'd ask this here. Has anyone had any weird issues with the buttons? I'm in my 3rd year of ownership of the Fusion Escape and 1 of the chairs started having button issues. A few weeks ago the chair closed on it's own then remained stuck for about a day. It eventually started working again. It happened again just now. The cool button works, none of the headrest or footrest buttons work though, although they all remain lit. Power cycling has no effect.
post #1031 of 1031 Unread Today, 01:08 PM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 27
You need to make sure that all the wires are firmly plugged in. First place to check is a control box that is inside on the bottom of the chair arm. There are 3 plugs there. Unplug and plug them back in to ensure firm connection.

Contact me off line, and I will help you further diagnose the problem.

Roman
rtheaters.com
Fusion Collection Seating
Ultimate Home Entertainment

Last edited by rsh; Today at 01:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page