My new Fusion - Lagoon chairs from Roman - Page 37 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 19Likes

post #1081 of 1126 Old 05-05-2015, 05:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINSnCANES View Post
Ive read a lot of posts of people ordering from 'Roman' but I can't seem to find out how to contact him. Can someone give me his email? website? Something with prices?<br>
Thanks!
very nice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1082 of 1126 Old 05-09-2015, 08:06 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Folks,

We have some overstock, that we are offering at discount. Please email me if interested.

Roman
rtheaters.com
Fusion Collection Seating
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #1083 of 1126 Old 05-10-2015, 11:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 90
I am a bit late to the game in following up on this thread. Been very busy over the past few weeks and finally had time to respond.

After my initial posts here complaining about the length of time it took to receive my Fusion 1019 chairs, I want to thank Roman for going to bat for me and getting them into my home on the same day they were unloaded from the ship's pier.

I opted for the white glove delivery. It was costly, but well worth it. Two men came to my home, brought both chairs down to my basement theater, unpacked and completely set them up. They were very professional, and made certain I understood every aspect of operating the chairs.

I am extremely happy with the Fusion 1019 chairs. By far, the best recliner I have ever sat in. It is the ultimate luxury chair.

The only thing I don't like about the chairs are the electric cooling cups. The biggest problem is that there is no way to know whether they are operating or not. The cooling indicator switch remains on whether it is operational or not. To find out if it's actually turned on, I have to either put my ear to the cup to hear the motor -or- stick my fingers in the cup to see if there is motor vibration (which would indicate it is on).

Additionally, it seems the cooler only stays on for a limited amount of time and then shuts itself off. There is no way to know when this happens, as I have mentioned, there is no "on" or "off" indicating switch. This needs to be improved.

Does the electric cooling cup keep drinks cold? Barely, would be my response. While the surface of the drink cup holder gets quite cold, I don't think it's chill is efficient enough to keep even a cold drink at optimal temperature.

Don't get me wrong -- I am absolutely elated with the quality of the chairs. Even bought the extended warranty because I wanted these chairs to serve me well for years to come. I just would advise people not to buy the Fusion 1019 chairs based on its cooling arm cup holder. It's the most lackluster aspect of an otherwise amazing chair.
post #1084 of 1126 Old 05-12-2015, 07:09 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Ron,

Thank you for your feedback.

A few things to mention and clarify:

1. There is a ON/Off button for the cooler. The LED on the cooler button is there to identify where the control is. It is not indicating whether the cooler is ON or OFF because of the reason that we wanted to turn all LEDs off when you LOCK the cup holder. For people who are really sensitive to the LEDs lights, it works very well.
2. The cooler is not a real refrigeration type, but rather similar the one those you can find in the computers where the CPU is being cooled by the fan on top it sucking the hot air out. From my experience the cooler does keep the drink cold as long as it was pre-chilled before. In many cases the temperature in the HT room rises by 1-3 degrees because of the running equipment and people there generating heat. The drink on the other hand would stay at the same temperature...
3. The cooler has a 4 hour shut off, so even if you accidentally turn the cooler on, it will turn off automatically.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1085 of 1126 Old 05-19-2015, 06:45 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Just got in the new console. My initial impression is that it is really nice. I have three lagoon chairs I got about two years ago in a IOOIOI configuration with the removable armrest insert. Never really liked the removable armrest because it is at a much lower height than the permanent arms so it always felt awkward to me. The new console is at the right height so already like that a lot. Having the storage with the bottom drawer and beneath the armrest is nice. The power outlets and the usb ports are great. I was running a really long usb from my wall before but always hated having that cord be so visible and in the way. I have not really used the included lights much yet but they look pretty nice. Wish they had an on/off switch though. They stay on when plugged in and you have to remove them if you want to turn them off. There is also a light that comes on when you plug in a usb cord. Not really liking that as I like to keep lights in my theater to a minimum and the usb light is a bit distracting as I can see it in my peripheral vision so I put a piece of black electrical tape over it so not a deal breaker.

Overall very happy so far. Anyone on the fence, I would recommend getting it. Happy to answer any questions about it.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1743.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	727018   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1742.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	727026   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1744.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	727034  

Last edited by rgswff3; 05-20-2015 at 07:22 AM.
post #1086 of 1126 Old 05-20-2015, 05:05 PM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Looks nice...

I would not plug in the light if they are not in use. When you need them it is as easy to plug them in as turn the switch on.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1087 of 1126 Old 05-22-2015, 06:33 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Folks,

We starting today are running a Memorial Day Promotional Sale. It will end on 05/31/15.

Contact me for details, and take advantage of discount we are offering during this time.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1088 of 1126 Old 05-23-2015, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Is this Retro-Active?
Just kidding. We still love our chairs.
Thanks Roman!
Ron

"New Member" since 2007....
post #1089 of 1126 Old 05-23-2015, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked: 330
post #1090 of 1126 Old 05-25-2015, 08:38 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Is this Retro-Active?
Not retro, but definitely active

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1091 of 1126 Old 05-26-2015, 03:06 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Guys I had the pleasure of speaking with Roman last night on the phone. Everything people have said about his customer service and knowledge is spot on. I am going to buy a pair of the Escape's for part of my wife's anniversary present. Will most likely get the bonded (don't like the shinny look of the other and its cheaper) but I am on the fence with 2 things and would like some feedback.

1. Those that have had these chairs for a few years, do you feel like they are built well enough that I can pass on the extended warranty (if this helps, my wife and I are regular size, so they shouldn't ever have more than maybe 205 pounds in my chair, unless my golden retriever gets in my lap)

2. Buttkickers. I am torn, they sound awesome, but that adds almost $700 for 2 chairs. I'm on a budget, but is it SUCH a plus that I have to break the bank and get it? (I realize I could always buy them later)

Finally, the straight vs the curved configuration, not sure I completely understand that. The chairs aren't physically attached either way right?

Thanks in advance for any shared thoughts. And Roman I will be calling to place an order in the next day or two for sure!
post #1092 of 1126 Old 05-26-2015, 04:16 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1277 Post(s)
Liked: 1168
There are some good diagrams of curved versus straight on Romans website under the specifications section for your model of chair. The only difference is the shape of the armrest between chairs. No, they still don't attach.

If the full buttkicker price is too rich many guys retrofit their chairs with cheaper brand shakers and use a non-buttkicker amp.

Parts express has some different shakers.

Last edited by BIGmouthinDC; 05-27-2015 at 05:34 AM.
post #1093 of 1126 Old 05-26-2015, 07:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscmtp View Post
Guys I had the pleasure of speaking with Roman last night on the phone. Everything people have said about his customer service and knowledge is spot on. I am going to buy a pair of the Escape's for part of my wife's anniversary present. Will most likely get the bonded (don't like the shinny look of the other and its cheaper) but I am on the fence with 2 things and would like some feedback.

1. Those that have had these chairs for a few years, do you feel like they are built well enough that I can pass on the extended warranty (if this helps, my wife and I are regular size, so they shouldn't ever have more than maybe 205 pounds in my chair, unless my golden retriever gets in my lap)
I've had mine for a bit over a year and can't speak for the buttkickers but as far as being well built, they certainly are. I got the extended warranty for 2 reasons: one is that we have cats and young nephews and I could see them destroying things. The second reason was because of the electronics - if something was to go wrong, I'd imagine this would be it.

Just my thought - but you'd probably be able to pass. Then again - how much is it for only 2 chairs? It may be worth if for the peace of mind alone.

post #1094 of 1126 Old 05-26-2015, 08:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscmtp View Post

2. Buttkickers. I am torn, they sound awesome, but that adds almost $700 for 2 chairs. I'm on a budget, but is it SUCH a plus that I have to break the bank and get it? (I realize I could always buy them later)

Finally, the straight vs the curved configuration, not sure I completely understand that. The chairs aren't physically attached either way right?

Thanks in advance for any shared thoughts. And Roman I will be calling to place an order in the next day or two for sure!
You can always add the buttkickers later as well. The new chairs from Roman are all "buttkicker ready" so you can add them later if you decide to.
post #1095 of 1126 Old 05-29-2015, 05:29 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Folks,

Just a reminder - 3 more days until the end of the promotional sale...

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1096 of 1126 Old 06-03-2015, 07:43 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I ordered 8 of the Fusion Streamline 1017 chairs from Roman at Ultimate Home Entertainment and I could not be happier. All the chairs shipped very fast (The day of my order) and arrive in 3 days. Initially I was a little nervous about ordering seats that I had not tried, but Roman was very patient and answered all my questions promptly. The seats are very comfortable and supporting which is critical for me as I have a bad back. I ordered white glove delivery and they did a great job of setup and haul away of all the packaging. I would not hesitate to order from Roman again. Great guy, fast service, great products and a fantastic price.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150514_172947.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	753233  
post #1097 of 1126 Old 06-05-2015, 05:27 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Wombaroo

Thank you for your feedback and your business.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1098 of 1126 Old 06-05-2015, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Add me to the hundreds of happy Roman customers. I got the chairs yesterday and everything went great. I am still about 6 weeks away from the theater being finished so I wont fully have them set up until then but I did go ahead and unpack one and set it up in my office. It is REALLY nice! Very comfortable, the power recline and power head rest are amazing. I love the finish on them. I can't wait to get them set up in the theater. Thanks Roman! It was a pleasure doing business with you. Here is a picture I just took of one in my office.

post #1099 of 1126 Old 06-09-2015, 06:15 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Those PC tower blue lights are matching to the LEDs on the cup holders quite well
auburnu008 likes this.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1100 of 1126 Old 06-09-2015, 08:01 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Hey Roman,
So here is the best advertizement I can give,
My wife just had heart surgery, home from the hospital she's doing well. Where does she go to rest and sleep? Yep, upstairs to the theater and into "her" Tribute chair from Roman. She said it was the most comfortable place in the house. I agree.
It's been almost a week now and she's doing great! When she's tired, I know where to find her.

Ron

"New Member" since 2007....
post #1101 of 1126 Old 06-09-2015, 08:59 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Ron,

It is the best advertizement ever - 100% agree...

I am really glad she likes the chairs, and I wish her quick recovery!

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1102 of 1126 Old 06-09-2015, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Roman, did you ever come up with an usb port add-on kit for your original lagoon chairs? That and a flex light kit would be welcome additions to my chairs.

Can you email me the prices for 4 leather escapes in an |o|oo|o| Make sure to include the repeat customer/thread starter discount.

***edit- I'll pm you my email haha, I doubt you have me filed by userename on AVSForums.

Last edited by alittletank; 06-09-2015 at 09:52 AM.
post #1103 of 1126 Old 06-09-2015, 10:00 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

We have the switches with the USB port build for Lagoon-1011s in now. You can get a replacement switch with the USB, and it should be quite easy to replace.

Will send you email shortly...

Roman
rtheaters.com

Last edited by rsh; 06-09-2015 at 10:05 AM.
post #1104 of 1126 Old 06-09-2015, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Streamline Chairs

Has anyone had much experience with the streamline's so far? I recently moved and had 4 tributes that stayed with the house. I have a bit more space this time so I'm considering more options. I loved the tributes (thus why I will be a returning customer), other than my primary seat ( which probably averaged 2 to 3 times more usage than the others), started to lose some support in the lower back. I'm curious if anyone has a similar issue and had good luck with streamlines. Thanks in advance.
post #1105 of 1126 Old 06-10-2015, 01:07 PM

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by gates828 View Post
Has anyone had much experience with the streamline's so far? I recently moved and had 4 tributes that stayed with the house. I have a bit more space this time so I'm considering more options. I loved the tributes (thus why I will be a returning customer), other than my primary seat ( which probably averaged 2 to 3 times more usage than the others), started to lose some support in the lower back. I'm curious if anyone has a similar issue and had good luck with streamlines. Thanks in advance.
I just ordered a row of 4 of them. Hopefully will get them in 3 days if everything goes as planned I'll be sure to post some pictures and a review once I get them setup.
post #1106 of 1126 Old 06-13-2015, 09:13 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Can anyone comment on the brightness of the cup holder lights on the streamlines? I have a theater that is totally light controlled and I'm curious if it could be distracting.
post #1107 of 1126 Old 06-15-2015, 07:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1709 Post(s)
Liked: 1106
So I read pretty much the whole thread want to confirm that my understanding is correct... The various Fusion seat models are "high" backed chairs that extend up above your ears when you're seated and not reclined?
post #1108 of 1126 Old 06-16-2015, 06:16 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quote:
So I read pretty much the whole thread want to confirm that my understanding is correct... The various Fusion seat models are "high" backed chairs that extend up above your ears when you're seated and not reclined?
I would say this is a very inaccurate conclusion from what you have read, and I am not even sure how you came up with it.

The Fusion Collection Seating line has various style groups, and they are all different. The idea was to provide a solution for most possible situations - none-expensive entry lever chair with simple features, narrow footprint recliners for smaller rooms, midsize chairs that have a higher back for taller people, and more than just basic features, chairs for people with "bad" backs, chairs with sophisticated and full array of various features, etc..

The back heights are not the same, and quite different on various styles as well.

Just as an example:

Lagoon-1011 has 42.5" high back
Jive-1013 has 41.5" high back
Tribute-0151 has 44.75 high back
Streamline-1017 is 43.5" high back
Escape-1019 had 42.5" - 45" high back (adjustable based on where the headrest is)

The higher back recliners like Streamline, Tribute and Escape have the back designed the way so while neck/head support is optimal, only the middle section of the back is higher living open space for the surround sound that is not blocked by the chair backs.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1109 of 1126 Old 06-16-2015, 08:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1709 Post(s)
Liked: 1106
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh View Post
I would say this is a very inaccurate conclusion from what you have read, and I am not even sure how you came up with it.

The Fusion Collection Seating line has various style groups, and they are all different. The idea was to provide a solution for most possible situations - none-expensive entry lever chair with simple features, narrow footprint recliners for smaller rooms, midsize chairs that have a higher back for taller people, and more than just basic features, chairs for people with "bad" backs, chairs with sophisticated and full array of various features, etc..

The back heights are not the same, and quite different on various styles as well.

Just as an example:

Lagoon-1011 has 42.5" high back
Jive-1013 has 41.5" high back
Tribute-0151 has 44.75 high back
Streamline-1017 is 43.5" high back
Escape-1019 had 42.5" - 45" high back (adjustable based on where the headrest is)

The higher back recliners like Streamline, Tribute and Escape have the back designed the way so while neck/head support is optimal, only the middle section of the back is higher living open space for the surround sound that is not blocked by the chair backs.
I don't want to get off on the wrong foot here, but you call my conclusion inaccurate and then proceed to post dimensions that seem to back my conclusion. I'm at a loss to explain how my ears will be higher / above than the top of the seat back when sitting in a chair that has a 20-21" tall seating surface with a seat back is >40" tall. I've sat in seats and couches that have backs that are >40" tall. Even being 6' tall, my ears are not above the back of those seats.

I didn't see a single picture in the thread of full size adult sitting in one of the various models (with the seat not reclined), so I can only go on what has been posted. Here are just a few of the posts I found that say the seat backs are above ear level.

Post 416:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post
Hi ffactoryxx, with seat fully upright - from ground up to top of headrest is about 42.5" and my ear is about 39" - 40". When seat is fully reclined - from ground up to top of headrest is about 36" and my ear is about 33" - 34".
Post 815:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
Technically, there is an impact. That said, I would not give up the high back and head support for whatever impact on sound there is. In my experience, the majority of the sound from the rear speakers is diffuse ambiance-type sound rather than highly directional (I have 7.4 so I have side surrounds too that the back doesn't interfere with much). I have not noticed the chair backs causing issues...but I am sure they are muffling some frequencies.
Post 820:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Clark View Post
I wouldn't give up the neck support of a higher back no matter what. I'm sure there's some sonic impact, but for me it's been minimal. Reclining while I watch is more of an imperative.
post #1110 of 1126 Old 06-16-2015, 08:23 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Stereodude,

The reason I said that the conclusion is not accurate, because there is no "correct/accurate" answer.

It depends on how tall you are and how you are built - long legs, long torso, proportional. Also some people like to slide down in the chair, and some sit all the way back... In most cases when you get into these chairs you will want to recline right away, so you will not be sitting in the upright position, and the most comfortable position is usually when the back goes down about 3-4". That will expose your ears to the surround sound better as well.

The different style group chairs also have different back heights. For someone who is 5'2" for example no chair out there will provide a perfect surround sound, and for someone who is 6'2" with short legs and long torso it could be complete opposite.

If you are an audiophile (at least from your username I suspect you are ), and you want a perfect surround sound, you will have to sacrifice the neck/head support and go with very low back recliners - something that has 38" high back or alike. Most people would not want to do so. Now, as I mentioned on taller back models we have the backs where only middle section is high. The sides are lower, and that increases the surround sound effect. The sound that will bounce of the side walls will still reach most people's ears. Again all this is relative, and depends on too many factors...

Roman
rtheaters.com

Last edited by rsh; 06-16-2015 at 08:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page