My new Fusion - Lagoon chairs from Roman - Page 38 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 19Likes

post #1111 of 1124 Old 06-16-2015, 09:32 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Honestly, to get the best sound, you'd need to have no chair at all. Anything behind or around your ears, or even in the room itself, is either going to reflect or absorb sound. This is about compromising for comfort and functionality, which happens in every theater...in an ideal theater design, you'd also only have one seating position...right in the sweet spot and the system tuned only for that location. Instead, we put in additional seats for friends and family and compromise on the sound quality so that we can share our love for movies with others.

There is going to be some "technical" impact. In the real world, it is not noticeable (at least to me) but there are some that refuse to use high backed chairs because they don't want to make that compromise. You have to decide for yourself whether you want to hold your head up for 6 hour marathons and not compromise or if you'd rather be comfortable and lose some "technical" audio quality, that you'd likely not notice other wise. As I said originally, in most home theater configurations, your rear speakers are non-directional and produce diffused sound that is supposed to bounce off the walls and hit your ears from the side, back, above, etc...the seats won't impact all of that sound as much as the rear (but having a person on either side of your can, hence the single seat theory). If you are doing a large theater and using directional rear speakers, then there will be more impact...whether it is noticeable is up for debate.

Additionally, if you just get the seats that you want and use those, you are not going to know what you are missing anyhow. The theater will still sound great and you'll use it more since you will be more comfortable. I have Escapes and have never looked back. My theater sounds awesome (much better than any commercial theater) and I can and do spend 12-15 hours in a single day watching movie marathons from time to time. At the end of each, I get up and am not stiff or hurting as a result of the comfort and support of Roman's seats. You are not going to go wrong with any of his models. BTW, the adjustable head rest on the Escapes and others is worth the money...being able to recline fully but still have support for your head is awesome and makes those marathons workable.

Shan

Last edited by Shan; 06-16-2015 at 09:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1112 of 1124 Old 06-16-2015, 10:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1973 Post(s)
Liked: 1262
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh View Post
If you are an audiophile (at least from your username I suspect you are ), and you want a perfect surround sound, you will have to sacrifice the neck/head support and go with very low back recliners - something that has 38" high back or alike. Most people would not want to do so. Now, as I mentioned on taller back models we have the backs where only middle section is high. The sides are lower, and that increases the surround sound effect. The sound that will bounce of the side walls will still reach most people's ears. Again all this is relative, and depends on too many factors...
If we consider an audiophile some who appreciates high fidelity audio reproduction, I'll take the label. If we're talking about people who buy $1000 cables and have money than brains, no. My HT is currently under construction (has been for years, but I'm trying to finally finish it up this summer / fall). I've been listening to a 7.1 system in my great room for years. I have a couch with a high back that blocks the direct path of travel from my side and rear speakers. I don't intend to put >$20k of speaker in my HT and repeat that.

Either way, thank you for the confirmation. I will continue my search of chairs with lower backs. Maybe I will decide after some week, months, or years that I don't like the lower back and buy new seats, but my current disposition is definitely toward seats where my ears are higher than the seat back.
post #1113 of 1124 Old 06-16-2015, 11:05 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
I will continue my search of chairs with lower backs. Maybe I will decide after some week, months, or years that I don't like the lower back and buy new seats, but my current disposition is definitely toward seats where my ears are higher than the seat back.
I would suggest finding some chairs with average back height - 41"-42" and test them out before giving up on the higher back recliners. As I mentioned before you will not be seating in the fully upright position, but rather in the reclined one when the back of the chairs goes back and down by about 3"-4". That exposes your ears much better to the surround sound. I'd say that after trying the chairs like that and still not being convinced. I would get some really low back recliners and forget about any neck and head support. You may change your mind after seating in comfortable chairs, though....

You may possibly want to check with some AVSForum members who live in your area and have the setups we are talking about, and see if they can let you try some chairs in the dedicated home theater rooms they have. It may not be optimal for your specific application, but it will at least give you an idea whether it may or may not work for you.

Roman
rtheaters.com
Fusion Collection Seating
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #1114 of 1124 Old 06-18-2015, 06:53 PM

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I just wanted to post my experience with Roman from Ultimate Home Entertainment. I ordered the Fusion Streamline chairs in a 4 seat curved configuration with love seats in the middle O\|OO|/O. I have to say Roman is one of the most responsive vendors I have worked with, always answering my questions promptly, even at late hours! I had no trouble ordering the chairs from him, I sent him a check and the chairs were shipped within a couple days. A few days later the seats were delivered. I opted for the curb side delivery, the guy was nice enough to put them in my garage for me thankfully!! Make no mistake you need two people to move these things! I am a pretty big guy, but I would struggle to get these from upstairs to downstairs in my home theater without help! So if you can't get help, get the white glove service.

Unpacking them was fairly straight forward, they were pretty well wrapped in the cardboard boxes, which is good as I haven't seen any signs of damage. Once they were all unwrapped it only took about 20 minutes to put the backs on and plug everything in and line them up. I have to say, looking at them in my theater makes me feel like its finally complete Being able to sit in a nice big comfy chair with my wife next to me, reclining to just the right spot with a smooth power recline, it made it all worth it and the wife gave her approval of them as well, that's worth it right there! She was also happy the chairs didn't have a ton of LED lights on them, her nor I are a fan of those. These are very classy chairs in my opinion.

I originally wanted the Escape chairs, for that adjustable head rest, but the wife wasn't a fan of how they looked. But these Streamlines are still very nice and hug you well, I can always get a little neck/head pillow if needed The adjustable lumbar support is pretty nice too, its like an airbag in the lumbar position, much like the ones in some cars. It was quieter then I thought it would be too, when deflating it doesn't make any noise, probably relies more on weight to help deflate it I am guessing, but that's fine. When fully reclined my feet hang off a couple inches above my ankles, I am 6'2" so that's pretty good and very comfy. When fully reclined I measured about 7" of space needed behind from the full upright position, not bad at all. So if your a big guy like me, 6'2", 210 pounds, these will fit you very well!!

One last thing, I just wanted to thank Roman for going out of the way to help get some extra pieces for the cup holders for me, its nice to know that a vendor will go the extra mile to support their customers. I have a second row of seats that I still need to buy, ill be going back to Roman for sure when that time comes.
Cobb28 likes this.
post #1115 of 1124 Old 06-25-2015, 04:43 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I see this thread started in 2011. Can some of the original buyers post about longevity of chairs and change in firmness, etc?
post #1116 of 1124 Old 06-27-2015, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by reisb View Post
I see this thread started in 2011. Can some of the original buyers post about longevity of chairs and change in firmness, etc?

I'm the OP so we have had the chairs since late 2011. We use our chairs a lot and by a lot Id say daily for 2-4 hours on average. We dont notice any change in firmness.

post #1117 of 1124 Old 06-30-2015, 08:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Great review...Thank you! I was interested in these as well
post #1118 of 1124 Old 07-11-2015, 04:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
"Ditto" to just about every other positive review...Thanks again Roman, you have another satisfied customer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	034R.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	756.2 KB
ID:	825114   Click image for larger version

Name:	039R.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	721.9 KB
ID:	825122   Click image for larger version

Name:	040R.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	670.7 KB
ID:	825130  
post #1119 of 1124 Old 07-14-2015, 12:19 PM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
"Ditto" to just about every other positive review...Thanks again Roman, you have another satisfied customer.
You are very welcome, and I am glad you are happy with the chairs.

The room looks very cozy

Enjoy the chairs!

Roman
rtheaters.com
Fusion Collection Seating
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #1120 of 1124 Old 07-15-2015, 08:22 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy customer in Canada

Tough to say anything new here... I love my Escapes! I bought a total of 7 in two rows, configured: IOIOOIOI and IOIOIOI. I scoured the internet and searched dozens of bricks-and-mortar stores for theatre (I'm in Canada) seating and kept coming back to the fact that nobody could compete with the quality and options on offer from Roman. Even being stung by duty and tax, the price I eventually paid was less than I would have forked out on the most basic offerings from Palliser or others. And what I actually got was an incredibly comfortable set of seats, loaded with terrific features. They were shipped the day I placed my order and were delivered to my home in Ontario 10 days later. I had a couple of very minor issues: there was a bit of corrosion on the tray grommet of 1 of the seats where some moisture had got into the packaging. It has cleaned off for now with vinegar, but Roman has offered to replace the grommet if the rust recurs. Other than that, one of the hinges for the arms needed a very small adjustment with a screwdriver to help it sit flush, but that really is nitpicking. The Escapes are incredibly comfortable - the power headrest is nothing short of magical. I am 6'1", 210 and my wife is 5'4", 130 (ish?!) and we are both blissfully relaxed in the loveseat. I wholeheartedly recommend Roman and his chairs - 6 months of back and forth via email has been a breeze thanks to his quick and detailed responses to my myriad questions. I've attached a couple of pics - if I get the lighting right to take a good panoramic shot, I'll do so. Thanks again Roman - they're wonderful.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150710_131949.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	832370   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150710_132033.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	832378  
post #1121 of 1124 Old 07-16-2015, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Very nice.

I want to get a price quote from him but not ready to buy just yet, maybe a year or so. I just need to get some figures to know if it's in my budget. I wish he posted some pricing on the website.

My Builds--Media console build---- Martycube build---- ADX Bass Shaker Install

Projector & Screen: Benq W1070 Elite Screens 100" Electric Video: Oppo 103d Audio: Denon 4520ci Speakers: Infinity RS5 (LW L C R RW) Infinity RS1 (LH RH) Infinity Beta ES250 (SL SR) Subwoofers: 2 SI18d4 Martycubes with iNuke3000dsp and 2 Infinity BU120 Shakers: 4 ADX shakers with Dayton SA230 amp
post #1122 of 1124 Old 07-16-2015, 07:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluer101 View Post
Very nice.

I want to get a price quote from him but not ready to buy just yet, maybe a year or so. I just need to get some figures to know if it's in my budget. I wish he posted some pricing on the website.
Just email or PM Roman with any questions or asking for a quote and all items you are considering. He will get back to quickly, often within an hour. He's easily the most responsive dealer I've ever worked with. You don't need to commit with anything - I went back and forth him for several months before finally ordering.

Part of why there isn't pricing on the website is because of the variation in shipping charges depending on how many items are ordered and where they are being shipped.

post #1123 of 1124 Old 08-26-2015, 09:32 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Tribute 1015 Black Leather/Vinyl

Hello all,

Great thread and made us help place an order for the tributes without seeing them.

Roman had been really responsive and very knowledgeable with the seating and helped us chose the right one after going back and forth.

I will post a detailed review after receiving them. We are in Dallas, once we have them installed we will welcome any potential buyers to test drive these after what we went through.

Thanks to all the contributors.
post #1124 of 1124 Old Today, 06:46 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 129
You know what this set of Jives in my HT is missing?

A Universal Console 4002 in the middle! Right now the chairs on each end are a couple of inches shy of the edge of my bar/counter behind it. If I install the 13"W console in the middle of the loveseat, it will only be sticking out about 4-5 inches on either end. Not a deal breaker for me.

Roman, I know I emailed you months ago for pricing and availability but I lost the email. Sending you another shortly....

P.S. I purchased my Expresso Brown Jives from Roman in Feb 2014 (about a year and a half ago) and they are as plush and as functional as the day I bought them. Couldn't be happier.

Displays: Epson 5030UB | 100-inch Elite Sable Fixed Mount | Samsung UN46F5500 LED TV
Sources: Yamaha RX-A1010 | Emotiva XPA-3 | OPPO BDP-103 | Panamax M5300 | Pro-ject Carbon Debut Turntable | Sonos Connect | Apple TV
Speakers: Polk 265-RT (L/R) | Polk 255C-RT (C) | Polk 65RT (L/R SUR) | Polk RC80i (L/R REAR SUR) | Subwoofers: PSA XV-15se X 2
Controls:Wall-mounted iPad AVS Forum Thread: 904WMC Media Room Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page