Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #91 of 927 Old 01-27-2012, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 40
FWIW I am going to pick up my seats next week.

Roman has a few seats on display. Being at the warehouse a few months now I am sure they have received some use from employees and visitors. I know when I was there the company sharing the warehouse was having an "Estate Sale" and even though the employees told customers the seats were not part of the sale people still sat in them. Mind you I was there only 30-45 minutes.

Anyway, long story short I'll try out the seats and look for what Travis mentions above. When i was there last time on Black Friday, I didn't feel what he is stating
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 927 Old 01-29-2012, 03:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 37
While I do not have these seats I did want to weigh in on this thread and mention working with Roman was one of the best customer service experiences I have had. I sent him dozens of emails, preordered some escapes, changed my mind multiple times and he was nothing but professional throughout. He even immediately refunded my money at request when I just had trouble settling in on my choice.

I still plan to either order Escapes or possibly step down to something like the Lane Matinees if I decide to save a little money. Sometimes a quality business is best defined when things do not go smoothly and I undoubtedly frustrated him with my curveballs but he showed nothing but integrity. Order without reservation if you are in doubt.

Yeah, Roman, I am still going to haunt you at some point and get this order in there...soon.
post #93 of 927 Old 01-31-2012, 10:04 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Hey people with frequent Lagoon miles, how are these holding up for you?

Are you finding the headrest sufficient?

How about the cushion gap btwn the back and seat when reclined?

alittletank: how tall is the boy in your OP photos on the fully reclined seat?

PM me if you don't want to post public. Thanks!

Coolplazma's HT Den project. Early project info. Needs update with final results.
post #94 of 927 Old 02-01-2012, 04:03 PM

Liked: 10
Ordered my Fusion Lagoon's from Roman today. 4 Straight, Leather in black. I will report back with pictures and a review of the entire process when I get them.
post #95 of 927 Old 02-02-2012, 10:22 AM

I received 5 of the Fusion Escape model chairs yesterday. I'll try to post some photos in the next few days.
post #96 of 927 Old 02-06-2012, 02:08 PM

bluewater 84- any impressions you want to share? Thanks.
post #97 of 927 Old 02-07-2012, 11:02 AM
Advanced Member

I am currently at the partial birth stage...which is to say I have one Escape unboxed but I don't even have the back on it yet...and the other two are still in the garage. I will be on later tonight with a full review but I have to wait for my muscle....err, wife....to get home and help me lug these heavyweights down to the basement theater.

A quick first impression is in order though. They look amazing...so much better than they photograph. I can't believe the looks were one of my biggest hurdles to overcome as they look amazing. I was worried about the exposed hinge on the armrest but let me tell you that bad boy is industrial strength and actually adds to the chair more than it detracts. Fit and finish on this first one looks perfect. Solid, solid feeling chair.

I rarely have things go smoothly so I fully expect it to smoke when I plug it in or open the other 2 and have them be brown...but no matter what this seat makes a striking first impression. Full review to be posted later today without fail.
post #98 of 927 Old 02-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Advanced Member

So I have spent most of the evening in the escapes and wanted to provide more detailed impressions. Here are the stats: I am 6 feet, my wife 5'8. We ordered 3 straight escapes in black leather.

I am not going to spend any time discussing the wonderful customer service. It is well documented for a good reason. Roman went above and beyond in all communication and it played a big role in my decision to purchase seats I had never seen. Everything arrived quickly and was very well packed.

I carefully inspected each seat fully prepared to accept a few flaws but there were none to be found. The leather looks great and the vinyl matches perfectly....and all stitching perfectly lined up. The look is really striking, far exceeding my expectations from photographs. If the looks were great the feel of the seats were even better. These things are heavy and rock solid. I was nervous about the storage causing the arms to feel loose but not a chance. There is very little play in the armrests and both the hinges and the hydraulic arm appear to be very robust. I was also surprised by how solid the trays felt as I expected to toss them and make my own. Yes, they are plastic, but there is weight to them and they seem built to last. These are going to be more valuable than I thought. It should be noted they block the cupholders but that is to be expected.

So let's talk electronics. First the positive. I was so nervous about the led lights. This turned out to be a non issue and a big relief. I actually quite like them and find they give off far less light than I feared. The buttons do not really seem small or overly sensitive to me, everything just works really well and is consistent. The reclining mechanism is quiet and smooth...everything is very responsive. I should note as well that every chair feels identical, which surpassed my expectations.

While I won't call it a negative I will say I am disappointed in the cooling cupholders. The size and depth are great but I just don't find the cooling mechanism to be effective. I was really excited about these so maybe my expectations were too high. Essentially there is a bottom plate that is cool. The rest of the cupholder is just a typical plastic holder and while the size is great I did not notice any cooling benefits to my drink. ***edit*** I am backing off of my original negative impressions slightly. I used these again last night with different types of containers and it does appear to chill some things pretty effectively. Obviously the shape of the bottle or glass will impact the effectiveness but it is proving to be more useful than my first impression led me to believe.

So now lets move to comfort and keep in mind much of this is subjective. I initially neglected to zip the backs to the actual seats and I was pretty disappointed in the large gap between the back and seat cushions WHEN RECLINED. Zipping these did help the roll off where shifting my weight was really uncomfortable in full recline as it had more of a tendency to cave. The zippered connection seems to keep the cushion a little more stable. I just wish the design allowed this gap to be a little tighter as I notice the gap against my back, though I do not consider it uncomfortable and I expect to forget about it over time. I may drop one of those "draft buster" cushions down in the gap for a little more support. Keep in mind this is only when reclined and my wife did not notice this at all. As far as the actual padding it is excellent and just a perfect blend of feeling stable yet very cushioned. The headrest is very comfortable but my excitement for the powered headrest was diminished a little bit by the fact that I don't need it. My wife did use and enjoy it so again this is very subjective. I find myself wishing the chair reclined a little bit further and if it did I think the adjustable headrest would be used all the time but as it is I find the normal closed position gives plenty of head support. Your mileage may vary. ***edit**** I am finding the gap to be a non-issue. I think when I was first trying it out I was in many different positions but when I really just sat down for an evening and enjoyed the chairs and let my body find a comfortable position they were very comfortable and I noticed no gap in support.

One other note. I set it up as both a loveseat plus separate 2-arm recliner and then ultimately as a traditional row of three. Both options were great and i could see myself switching it up every once in a while. I found very few seats that came with a left arm and right arm recliner in a row of three and I consider this a pretty valuable asset that likely goes unnoticed. Roman was kind enough to point this out as a potential advantage to the straight configuration (versus curved) and it became an important advantage once I really thought about it. I am going with three in a row now but I absolutely expect to move them into a love seat in the future for a change of pace.

So to sum it all up, the chairs surpassed my expectations in nearly every way. If I had to score it I would give these a 9.75 out of 10 (added .75 after more time with them).

Pros: Look great, feel great, consistent quality, very smooth mechanically and electronically, so flexible from both a seating position and seating arrangement in the 3 straight configuration. Plus I am a sucker for blue led's.
Cons: I would love a bit more recline to take better advantage of the head rest.
post #99 of 927 Old 02-08-2012, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispykeith View Post

So now lets move to comfort and nothing in this section should be a con because it is so subjective. (I am suspending my thoughts on comfort as I did not have them completely assembled correctly. To be continued later today after I correct my mistake)

LOL, you editted your post the second I hit "quote" to respond to you. I am having the same issue except I knew I have done something wrong because I did not have that same feeling when I sat in the display model at the warehouse.

I was planning to reach out to Roman this weekend to talk to him about how to assemble them correctly. I only took 1 seat out for pictures for my family.

If you don't mind, please share what you did wrong and what the correction was as I and I am sure many others will/have done the same.
post #100 of 927 Old 02-08-2012, 06:57 AM
Advanced Member

I did not zip the seat back to the actual seat. While I am not expecting it to make a dramatic difference I want to reserve judgement. It would not take more than an ever so slight "tightening" of where the cushions meet to improve the overall feel for me. I think my rear end hits pretty far back on the cushion and at times when I moved I could actually feel the cord. I don't want people to think it is nearly as bad as it sounds....my wife does not even notice what I am saying so it probably depends on where you tend to position yourself. I am going to zip them all over lunch and see how it goes.
post #101 of 927 Old 02-16-2012, 01:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Just wondering how everyone is enjoying their chairs. I spoke to Roman and am thinking about getting 3 of the escapes in bonded leather.

Dan Webster
Never stop upgrading!

Updated Theater Pictures

post #102 of 927 Old 02-16-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan webster View Post

Just wondering how everyone is enjoying their chairs. I spoke to Roman and am thinking about getting 3 of the escapes in bonded leather.

I have 4 in bonded leather and I love them. Had them for about a month now.
post #103 of 927 Old 02-16-2012, 06:22 PM
Advanced Member

I am looking for the most durable material i can get. Roman told me that the manufacturer claims the bonded leather is more durable than the leather match. Her did stress that the regular leather is also very durable. We have cats and for some reason they like to scratch the leather on my current chairs. They dont however scratch the bonded leather i have on my upstairs couch. Glad you like your chairs. I wish i could fit 4 of them in my theater.

Dan Webster
Never stop upgrading!

Updated Theater Pictures

post #104 of 927 Old 02-17-2012, 01:37 AM
fpr

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi,

Please, can someone explain to me how attach a seat to another? What system of union have?

Thanks.
post #105 of 927 Old 02-17-2012, 04:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpr View Post

Hi,

Please, can someone explain to me how attach a seat to another? What system of union have?

Thanks.

Mine are just set against each other and they are heavy enough there is no movement. It feels like they are connected.
post #106 of 927 Old 02-17-2012, 05:05 AM
fpr

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krispykeith View Post

Mine are just set against each other and they are heavy enough there is no movement. It feels like they are connected.

I thought that the seats had some connection to prevent the seat can be separated each other.

Thanks.
post #107 of 927 Old 02-17-2012, 09:22 AM
Set

I ordered 4 of the Lagoons in black bonded leather, got them yesterday, set em up, and watched Thor. These things are comfortable! I actually fell asleep in the one I was in

We have the Buttkickers installed, currently waiting on one of the amps to come in to hook them up, can't wait for that.

And yeah, of course there was excellent customer service from Roman (I have a 35 email long thread filled with questions to prove it)!

I unfortunately don't have a pic of the seats yet. Still have some work to do, and some tweaks to make, but these seats are excellent so far, couldn't be happier.
post #108 of 927 Old 02-17-2012, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Set View Post

I ordered 4 of the Lagoons in black bonded leather, got them yesterday, set em up, and watched Thor. These things are comfortable! I actually fell asleep in the one I was in

We have the Buttkickers installed, currently waiting on one of the amps to come in to hook them up, can't wait for that.

And yeah, of course there was excellent customer service from Roman (I have a 35 email long thread filled with questions to prove it)!

I unfortunately don't have a pic of the seats yet. Still have some work to do, and some tweaks to make, but these seats are excellent so far, couldn't be happier.

Would love some pics and your impression of the bonded leather - still on the fence on which material to get. I'm cheap so if I can save a few bucks I will.
post #109 of 927 Old 02-17-2012, 11:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laketrout View Post

Would love some pics and your impression of the bonded leather - still on the fence on which material to get. I'm cheap so if I can save a few bucks I will.

I am also interested in your pics and opinion of the bonded leather.

Dan Webster
Never stop upgrading!

Updated Theater Pictures

post #110 of 927 Old 02-18-2012, 12:16 PM
Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by laketrout View Post

We have a full leather couch and loveseat in our living room, the bonded leather on the Fusions is much softer. I can't really speak for durability since we haven't had them for long at all (though they have survived the initial onslaught of kids), but I can say the bonded leather feels very nice.

Not sure the best way to describe it, but our leather couches downstairs are cold when you sit on them. The bonded leather on the Fusions isn't. They don't have as high of a sheen to them as the leather couches downstairs either.

My wife was pretty apprehensive about getting these sight unseen, and she's pretty picky, but she's thrilled with them.

I'll try to get pics shortly, found our other camera.
post #111 of 927 Old 02-18-2012, 12:33 PM
Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Set View Post

I'll try to get pics shortly, found our other camera.

Well, nevermind. This camera does not want to focus, so I can't get a clear shot of the seats. Sorry folks...soon as I have a way to take some pics I will
post #112 of 927 Old 02-19-2012, 09:51 AM

I have had my Escapes for about a month now and I just wanted to make a few comments.

First I was very happy with Roman. We exchanged a few emails initially and he always answered very quickly. I ordered my chairs on a Sunday and they were shipped either Monday or Tuesday. They were at the shipping company by Friday. Pretty fast for New Jersey to South Dakota. The chairs were packed very well. Several of the boxes had cosmetic damage but the chairs were intact. I was nervous about this because they remained unopened in my garage for about a month.

I did have a problem with one of the chairs. The open and close controls would work intermittently. I e mailed Roman on a Sunday and he replied immediately. He had me pop the top of the controls off and try the buttons. They worked fine doing that. I did not realize that the controls work by heat and not pressure. For whatever reason the controls on that chair were not sensing heat like they should with the cover on. The next day he shipped me another cup holder/control panel and that arrived in two days. It took me about ten minutes to switch things out and they have worked great ever since.

Really impressed with the customer service and I would not hesitate recommending him to friends and family.

The chairs themselves are just awesome. I went with the bonded leather because it has a flat, non shiny appearance. I really don't like shiny leather. They are very comfortable. The headrest is great. I use it from time to time but many of the taller people who try the chairs think it is awesome. Many visitors have gone on and on about the comfort and the features of the seats. Several have commented that my theater was awesome and that the chairs were an experience themselves. Most importantly my wife loves them.

The cup holders do keep drinks cool. Not ice chest cold but pretty cold. They do make a slight humming noise that I find distracting but no one else apparently notices. If I could change one feature I would maybe have the lights on the chair go off when the lock button is engaged. That way only the red lock button would be on. I find the lights distracting at times but again no else appears to notice. My wife thinks I am nuts when I mention stuff like this.

Thanks to Roman for a great experience. And I did get that cup holder out to you earlier in the week. Sorry, I lost track of that for a bit in the excitement of finally having the theater finished.
post #113 of 927 Old 02-19-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlikealight View Post

I have had my Escapes for about a month now and I just wanted to make a few comments.

First I was very happy with Roman. We exchanged a few emails initially and he always answered very quickly. I ordered my chairs on a Sunday and they were shipped either Monday or Tuesday. They were at the shipping company by Friday. Pretty fast for New Jersey to South Dakota. The chairs were packed very well. Several of the boxes had cosmetic damage but the chairs were intact. I was nervous about this because they remained unopened in my garage for about a month.

I did have a problem with one of the chairs. The open and close controls would work intermittently. I e mailed Roman on a Sunday and he replied immediately. He had me pop the top of the controls off and try the buttons. They worked fine doing that. I did not realize that the controls work by heat and not pressure. For whatever reason the controls on that chair were not sensing heat like they should with the cover on. The next day he shipped me another cup holder/control panel and that arrived in two days. It took me about ten minutes to switch things out and they have worked great ever since.

Really impressed with the customer service and I would not hesitate recommending him to friends and family.

The chairs themselves are just awesome. I went with the bonded leather because it has a flat, non shiny appearance. I really don't like shiny leather. They are very comfortable. The headrest is great. I use it from time to time but many of the taller people who try the chairs think it is awesome. Many visitors have gone on and on about the comfort and the features of the seats. Several have commented that my theater was awesome and that the chairs were an experience themselves. Most importantly my wife loves them.

The cup holders do keep drinks cool. Not ice chest cold but pretty cold. They do make a slight humming noise that I find distracting but no one else apparently notices. If I could change one feature I would maybe have the lights on the chair go off when the lock button is engaged. That way only the red lock button would be on. I find the lights distracting at times but again no else appears to notice. My wife thinks I am nuts when I mention stuff like this.

Thanks to Roman for a great experience. And I did get that cup holder out to you earlier in the week. Sorry, I lost track of that for a bit in the excitement of finally having the theater finished.

Can others comment if the leather/vinyl match is a lot shinier than the bonded leather? I did notice on Romans website all the chairs seem very shiny in the pictures. I'm not a big fan either of the shine and I'm a week or two away from ordering the lagoons. Thanks.
post #114 of 927 Old 02-19-2012, 08:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarr2k View Post

Can others comment if the leather/vinyl match is a lot shinier than the bonded leather? I did notice on Romans website all the chairs seem very shiny in the pictures. I'm not a big fan either of the shine and I'm a week or two away from ordering the lagoons. Thanks.

Yes the leather vinyl combo is shinier than the bonded. IIRC the bonded was a matte finish. The leather is a smooth finish where the bonded is a dimpled finish. The bonded did feel like real leather but I personally like a smooth leather over dimpled.

Now the gloss is nothing crazy on the leather, just a light sheen

And an FYI the espresso is real dark. During the day with the sun shining they look dark brown, at night they look black and I am looking from 5" away
post #115 of 927 Old 02-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Advanced Member

I have black leather furniture (very high quality leather I believe) in several rooms of my house. My leather/vinyl Escapes look exactly the same as the rest of my leather furniture as far as sheen. I suppose they are shiny compared to the matte bonded but I would never look at them and think they were abnormally shiny or glossy. They look exactly as I would expect leather to look. Mine do not look as shiny as the pictures on Roman's site but to be fair they are in a theater room with no windows.

Everyone who tries them loves them. I am probably as picky as it gets and I love them as well with my only wish being a little more recline...though honestly I would likely never go back further than I do. I am currently using mine as 3 seats when people I am less fond of come over to visit, and swapping into loveseat mode when its just the family. Yes, I make transformer noises when I swap the 2 seats around.
post #116 of 927 Old 02-20-2012, 01:37 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
I received 5 of the Escapes. 1 as a stand-alone recliner and 4 as a straight set. Customer service is top notch. I also had a problem with the touch controls on 1 chair. A call to Roman and 3 days later a new top ring, problem solved. These chairs even have a battery back-up if you install 2 9-volt batteries.
I only have 1 thing I wish for. A previous post talked about reclining further, that is my only little bug-a-boo. For the money, these chairs are well worth it. They feel sturdy to last and comfort is great.
post #117 of 927 Old 02-20-2012, 04:10 PM

So I finally have a chance to post about my new Fusion chairs. A few overall observations about the process:

* Exceptional customer service and immediate response to questions and problems.
* Shipping was amazingly fast. I received my chairs within 4 days of purchase. I live in Michigan and the chairs ship from Jersey.
* Boxes came in pretty good condition. A few bumps and bruises on the boxes, but the chairs were fine.
* The chairs had power recline option, and one of them did not work. Roman immediately Fed Ex'd me the part and I was able to replace myself. Took about 10 minutes and had the part in 2 days.
* I would highly recommend the extended warranty if you are getting the power recline option.
* The chairs are perfect and beautiful. I chose the real leather and it is first class. My wife is a big critic of "cheap" leather and she loves them. They are not shiny at all and seem very durable.
* So far I am very happy with my purchase. I will upload pictures shortly.
post #118 of 927 Old 02-20-2012, 04:16 PM

Pictures as promised.
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #119 of 927 Old 02-20-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaydoun View Post

Pictures as promised.

Are these the brown? They look very nice. And I assume you enjoy the comfort? What's your height just wondering how you fit in them and if any legs hang off, etc. That's the hardest part about buying online, no test drive.
post #120 of 927 Old 02-20-2012, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarr2k View Post

Are these the brown? They look very nice. And I assume you enjoy the comfort? What's your height just wondering how you fit in them and if any legs hang off, etc. That's the hardest part about buying online, no test drive.

They are the black. I'm 6'2". My legs do hang over by a few inches, but they are very comfortable and that does not effect the comfort level of the chairs. Hope that helps.
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page