My new Fusion - Lagoon chairs from Roman - Page 41 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 29Likes

Old 01-19-2016, 08:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Ultimate Home Entertainment Seats - Jive 1013 review
We purchased 11 of the Jive 1013 chairs for our theatre back in January 2014, and they have been in use nearly every day since then, by both adults and kids in our family home.

Initially i selected those chairs because of their more compact dimensions (width) that made the difference in my theatre of having 4 seats rather than 3 seats across. Also, it allowed me to have the central love seats (with the removable armrest for when not used as love seat). Works great. The loveseats are great with Kids, and we will often have 3 or 4 small kids using the central love seat!

After 2 years of hard use, the chairs are still looking fresh. They are still comfortable (and everyone who visits comments on how comfortable they are). There have been no failures with the chairs even though at the time of purchase we felt it wise to take the 5yr warranty (it wasn't expensive!).

The motorised recline is fast, and the chairs nearly lay flat when fully reclined

On top of that Roman is super responsive and the service is top level, and the chairs are very reasonably priced.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0037.jpeg
Views:	81
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	1194306   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0034.jpeg
Views:	66
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	1194314   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0032.jpeg
Views:	66
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	1194322   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0028.jpeg
Views:	61
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	1194330   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0025.jpeg
Views:	98
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	1194338  

Name:	DSC_0024.jpeg
Views:	55
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	1194346   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0014.jpeg
Views:	83
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	1194354  
doubledgedboard likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2016, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 173
I have a small request for anyone with the Fusion Escape chairs in a straight row layout. I'm trying to confirm the chairs will fit in my room with a walking path each side. According to the spec sheet three Fusion Escapes in a straight row will measure 99.25 wide. My current Berkline chairs physically measure 95 inches wide. so losing 2 inches on each side isn't a big deal and I think the Escapes will fit.

However, while listing my Berkline chairs for sale and posting their dimensions I found the spec sheet. The Berkline specs state a width of 91" wide. That's a good 4 inches more narrow that my actual measurements. Long story short, I want to see if the real life measurements of the Escapes are 99.25 inches, or if they are actually wider (or more narrow).

Thanks in advance!!!
Old 01-20-2016, 05:37 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by mads1 View Post
Ultimate Home Entertainment Seats - Jive 1013 review
We purchased 11 of the Jive 1013 chairs for our theatre back in January 2014, and they have been in use nearly every day since then, by both adults and kids in our family home.

Initially i selected those chairs because of their more compact dimensions (width) that made the difference in my theatre of having 4 seats rather than 3 seats across. Also, it allowed me to have the central love seats (with the removable armrest for when not used as love seat). Works great. The loveseats are great with Kids, and we will often have 3 or 4 small kids using the central love seat!

After 2 years of hard use, the chairs are still looking fresh. They are still comfortable (and everyone who visits comments on how comfortable they are). There have been no failures with the chairs even though at the time of purchase we felt it wise to take the 5yr warranty (it wasn't expensive!).

The motorised recline is fast, and the chairs nearly lay flat when fully reclined

On top of that Roman is super responsive and the service is top level, and the chairs are very reasonably priced.

I love your theater set up. That is one healthy order of Jives! I've got 4 Fusion Jives in my room and I absolutely love them. My two inside chairs were a love seat for about a year and then I decided to break it up with the new 4002 Universal console that Roman designed. The console is a very well-made product and certainly worth the money (see Post #1133 of this thread.)The love seat configuration was never much of a hit when I had the guys over to watch sporting events!!

Displays: Epson 5030UB | 100-inch Elite Sable Fixed Mount | Samsung UN46F5500 LED TV
Sources: Yamaha RX-A1010 | Emotiva XPA-3 | OPPO BDP-103 | Panamax M5300 | Pro-ject Carbon Debut Turntable | Sonos Connect | Apple TV
Speakers: Polk 265-RT (L/R) | Polk 255C-RT (C) | Polk 65RT (L/R SUR) | Polk RC80i (L/R REAR SUR) | Subwoofers: PSA XV-15se X 2
Controls:Wall-mounted iPad AVS Forum Thread: 904WMC Media Room Thread
Old 01-20-2016, 05:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by deewan View Post
I have a small request for anyone with the Fusion Escape chairs in a straight row layout. I'm trying to confirm the chairs will fit in my room with a walking path each side. According to the spec sheet three Fusion Escapes in a straight row will measure 99.25 wide. My current Berkline chairs physically measure 95 inches wide. so losing 2 inches on each side isn't a big deal and I think the Escapes will fit.

However, while listing my Berkline chairs for sale and posting their dimensions I found the spec sheet. The Berkline specs state a width of 91" wide. That's a good 4 inches more narrow that my actual measurements. Long story short, I want to see if the real life measurements of the Escapes are 99.25 inches, or if they are actually wider (or more narrow).

Thanks in advance!!!
I have 4, but I just measured for 3 of them. It's right at 98.5" for me so you should be fine.
deewan likes this.

Old 01-22-2016, 09:04 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 33
The dimensions should be quite accurate.

Roman
rtheaters.com
Fusion Collection Seating
Ultimate Home Entertainment
Old 01-23-2016, 12:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks for the dimension confirmations. I didn't even give it any thought until I noticed such a difference between the specs of the Berklines and my actual chairs.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:46 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnapolisSony View Post
I love your theater set up. That is one healthy order of Jives! I've got 4 Fusion Jives in my room and I absolutely love them. My two inside chairs were a love seat for about a year and then I decided to break it up with the new 4002 Universal console that Roman designed. The console is a very well-made product and certainly worth the money (see Post #1133 of this thread.)The love seat configuration was never much of a hit when I had the guys over to watch sporting events!!
Thanks - yours looks great too. When i built the room the width was always an issue so to get 4 seats across i had to find a narrow seat, hence the necessity for a love seat to gain the width of an armrest. Usually its just my wife and i so i am very happy with the loveseat!
Old 01-27-2016, 07:00 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by brilong View Post
Would anyone be willing to let me try their Fusion Escape or other Fusion chairs somewhere near the Raleigh, NC area?

EDIT: Never mind; I splurged on 4 Escape's today.
Hi, is there any way we can try looking at the escapes or other fusion chairs....we are trying to buy 10 chairs .... We stay in Morrisville NC ..
Old 01-27-2016, 07:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by brilong View Post
Would anyone be willing to let me try their Fusion Escape or other Fusion chairs somewhere near the Raleigh, NC area?

EDIT: Never mind; I splurged on 4 Escape's today.
Hi, is there any way we can try looking at the escapes or other fusion chairs....we are trying to buy 10 chairs .... We stay in Morrisville NC ..please let us know raleigh or Cary we won't take much of your time ... TIA
Old 01-27-2016, 07:57 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Hi, is there any way we can try looking at the escapes or other fusion chairs....we are trying to buy 10 chairs .... We stay in Morrisville NC ..please let us know raleigh or Cary we won't take much of your time ... TIA
I will ask some of my customers to see if they can let you try the chairs...

Roman
rtheaters.com
Old 01-27-2016, 09:04 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea 266 View Post
Chelsea266, I live very close to Morrisville. Send me a PM and you can come check out the Fusion Escape's I have in my basement.

Definitive Technology ProMonitor 80 x 4, ProCenter 100, ProSub 80
BenQ W1070 Projector
Yamaha RX-V775WA
Ultimate Home Theater Fusion Escape seating
Buttkicker Advance
Old 01-27-2016, 12:21 PM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Chelsea 266

There is also another customer just told me that he would love to show his Streamline-1017s to you.

Contact me if interested, and I will get you his info.

Roman
rtheaters.com

Last edited by rsh; 01-27-2016 at 01:03 PM.
Old 02-01-2016, 07:08 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Chelsea266,

Did you have a chance to try the chairs?

Roman
rtheaters.com
Old 02-07-2016, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Looking forward to receiving my 3 Escape 1019's from Roman

Did a lot of research, including digging through years of old posts on here, and it was clear that Roman has been satisfying customers on here for over a decade. Easy choice.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

After a couple weeks of owning my Fusion Escape 1019's I thought I would write a review, as so many others have.

As with everyone else, Roman was a pleasure to deal with. While it's not possible to use an online shopping cart, I was able to complete the entire transaction via email. Which was grat for me since I was working odd hours out of state when I placed the order. All communications from Roman were clear and prompt.

It took 8 days for from the time I placed my order for my chairs to be delivered to my home in Iowa. I believe normal delivery times would be shorter than this as the day I ordered my chair was the day a major snow storm hit New Jersey and the day my chairs were first going to be delivered we had a bit of a snow storm here. Regardless, I thought 8 days was still pretty quick for getting chairs sent halfway across the nation.

First complaint about the ordering process which Roman has ZERO control over. I selected the free curbside delivery. The freight service which delivered my chairs to my home brought an 18-wheel tractor trailer without a lift gate. Not a huge deal until that was added to the fact the driver was an older guy with bad knees and a weak back. He was no help However, you know those stories about mothers gaining strength to lift a car and save their baby? Well, my excitement to get these chairs allowed me to gain the stretch to pull, and slide each chair gently out of the trailer and onto the ground/street. From there a furniture dolly was used to wheel the chairs into my garage. I signed for the chairs and off went the driver.

I moved the chairs downstairs and began setting them up. They were very well packaged to avoid damage. I noticed the chairs are very well constructed. A lot of metal parts where I've seen wood used in the past. I opted for the leather finish in black. They are beautiful. The chairs assembled fairly easy, not much to the assembly process. It can be done by one person but more easily with two. The buttkicker-ready chair frames make it easy to install a buttkicker. I borrowed a single Buttkicker BK4-4 Advance from a friend to install while I decided which buttkicker model I wanted to buy for each chair. Which there are no instructions for installing the buttkicker, but if you figure out where it goes, it takes about 2 minutes to install them. For anyone thinking of installing buttkickers and doesn't mind a little elbow grease, I would suggest saving some cash and installing them yourself.

With the chairs assembled and powered on, I sat in them. A firmer cushion than my Berkline theater chairs. It was strange at first but I quickly learned to love the firm cushion feel and now I really prefer it over the Berkline. The motorized recline is smooth and the powered headrest are wonderful. The powered headrest was the primary reason I bought the Escapes. From other reviews I thought the cooled cup holders would be louder than they are. With nothing playing in the room you can hear the cooling fan. But if you have anything playing at a moderate level, you won't hear them. The storage in the armrest is nice and the USB power is great. I do like the tray that comes with each chair. I didn't think I would use the tray, but I installed it once and it hasn't left the chair arm since. The tray is now where I leave my iPad 100% of the time. I really like these chairs! I think it's a bit of a combination of the firmer cushion and possibly a slightly shorter chair back, but I find myself head above the backrest of the chair which has ended up providing added surround sound enjoyment.

Now for a few complaints. The cooled cupholders. While they are cool (pun intended), I don't see myself using them. Based on their design I think they will work best with a can and not work very well with plastic containers. It's a fun feature, but if I had a chance to not purchase I would have not selected them. Another minor compliant are the buttons integrated into the cupholder. they are flat surface touch buttons on the rim of the cupholder. I've found myself on many occasions accidentally turning the cooler on or opening/closing (power recline) the chair. There is a lock button which can be used to prevent accidentally buttons pushes, but its a small pain to use it all the time. Knowing about both of these issues, I'd still buy they chairs again. They are very comfortable chairs and the minor complaints are just that, MINOR. I'll add some photos of the chairs when I get a chance.

Thanks again Roman for great service and a great product!!!
Old 02-10-2016, 05:45 PM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Darren,

You are very welcome and thank you for your review.

Roman
rtheaters.com
Old Today, 06:24 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Received my 3x Fusion Escape 1019's from Roman.

---

Delivery:

Shipping was very quick - they went out on freight on Friday, and the freight company called me on Tuesday to schedule delivery (for Wednesday).

Receiving them was a strange experience, the cost of white glove was a fairly significant add-on, but the company that did it was actually just a freight company. I had to wait almost an hour while the shipping company got someone else out to help since they initially sent only one person out to help deliver, and I needed two people to carry them up the stairs.

They did unbox them and dispose of the packaging, but I did the assembly myself.

---

Quality:

No major issues, but you can tell these are mass produced in china. Quality is so-so. For the price I could certainly get much better leather with much better craftsmanship if I was buying entire recliners\seats, but I have limited space in my apartment and I bit the bullet and knew I'd be paying premium for 'theater features' rather than top of the line build quality and materials.

Examples are you can tell that the attention to detail starts to lack on any area that isn't immediately externally visible. Some inconsistencies between each seat in how they stitched some parts together, or tied down the wiring. Flaps on the back don't all hang the same amount, and had to be stretched a bit to affix them to the velcro at the bottom. They even used cloth on the side of one of the chairs (not visible due to location), and that was a little surprising.

I got the leather\vinyl combo and the match is quite excellent. The stitching between the two is my biggest concern as I hear that's a common point of failure. Other than that, I was impressed by how many surfaces really are actual leather. There were a couple spots on the arms they could have gotten away with not using leather, but they indeed used leather all the way on the top of the seats, the headrest, and the tops of the arms.

---

Features:

The recline works great. You only get open\close for both combined, not individual control of the backrest vs the legrest, however the movement pattern is smooth and works well. The headrest movement is BAR NONE the absolute killer feature of this set. It's the feature that drove me to literally triple my budget to get these chairs, and it is already clearly worth it. I'm so used to holding my arms behind my head from my old recliner, but with this one, it's a totally different story!

The drink cooler is actually a much neater feature than I expected. From what I can tell at a cursory glance, I think it's a peltier (thermoelectric cooler). There's a large round metal disc at the bottom of the cup holder, and once you activate the cooler it starts getting cold. I think the fan sound is likely literally a fan that keeps the 'hot side' of the peltier ventilated, but this is a guess. Does it work? Technically, yes, but for it to really cool down your drink you need good surface contact (conductive heat transfer) between the bottom disc and your beverage cup. Using even an aluminum can sitting directly atop it means only the tiny ridge of the bottom of the can actually makes contact.

What would really make the drink cooler shine is if you had some sort of insert, aluminum, with a flat bottom, that enveloped the beverage can completely and sat flush against the cooling disc. E.g. imagine a solid aluminum 'koozie' with a smaller protruding bottom. This would mean the cooling effect would wrap around the entire can and significantly increase surface area.

Unfortunately, without that sort of feature, it's mostly a gimmick. I agree with the previous reviewer that the sound isn't very loud, but it is fairly high pitched. At some point hopefully I'll get a chance to dig in and look at the electronics that are driving the unit (I do electronics repair and have a lab at home).

The tray tables are nice, I have the newest ones that are painted black from the factory. One of them has a couple chips of paint that rubbed off. According to Roman the painting process is new so they may still be tweaking them. He offered to replace the tray with the chipping paint if it gets any worse (Thanks Roman...!)

---

Other Thoughts:

I want to install some buttkickers down the road once I investigate the amplifier side more. From reading online reviews and comments, the buttkicker provided 1000w amp is notorious for developing issues, so I'm looking into finding a better alternative. I also don't like that when using only '3' instead of '2' or '4', you severely limit the max power of the buttkicker, so I'm weighing my options.

Plugging them in was a small project, I ended up bundling the three power cords together using zip ties and snaked them along the floor to an outlet and covered it with gaffer's tape to keep from tripping on them.

Curved vs Straight - many people claimed that <4 or 5 chairs and curved vs straight was almost moot, and having straight gives you more flexibility for other configurations later. This really made me anxious about my choice of going with curved (especially since I have limited space and I was worried how wide they would be).

However, curved was definitely the right choice. At my distance of approx 12-14' from the screen (120"), the 3 curved are PERFECT, and the angle means your head is already aimed almost perfectly toward the screen (From the sides). The elbow room is also a huge bonus, there's no worry about bumping arms with each other with plenty of space thanks to the wedge shaped arm rests.

---

I also want to mention that Roman, while he comes on a little strong (I had a few basic questions and each time I asked them he came back at me with a bunch of unnecessary information, and sometimes missed actually answering my question in the first place), he worked with me back and forth continuously until we had both hashed out all the necessary details. Once he had payment he shipped almost immediately, and I'm still blown away by how attentive he is to answering emails.

I compare this to the numerous horror stories from people on 4Seating or similar, and I think it's an easy choice - unless bottom dollar is your only concern, you cannot go wrong with rtheaters.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	0210161541.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	275.1 KB
ID:	1248977   Click image for larger version

Name:	0210161521.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	246.4 KB
ID:	1248985  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement