My new Fusion - Lagoon chairs from Roman - Page 43 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 32Likes

post #1261 of 1288 Old 04-13-2016, 12:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 30
My wife's back has been hurting her lately. She is most comfortable in our chairs from Roman. 10 minutes and she's asleep. Can't think of a better recommendation than that. Thank you Roman, we love our chairs, still holding up fine 2 + years now.
Ron

"New Member" since 2007....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 1288 Old 04-13-2016, 06:30 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Just ordered my Tribute chairs from Roman. Sent him a picture of a check yesterday, and they're set to deliver on Friday!
post #1263 of 1288 Old 04-14-2016, 07:13 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Ron,

I am glad you are still happy with the chairs - that is all that counts

Roman
rtheaters.com
Fusion Collection Seating
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #1264 of 1288 Old 04-21-2016, 06:35 PM
rsh
AVS Special Member

HoosierFan,

Please let us know how you like the chairs.

Pictures would be great as well!

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1265 of 1288 Old 04-21-2016, 06:57 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I will post pictures soon. I am hopefully building my riser this weekend, so the rooms a mess.

Chairs are great so far! Very comfy.
post #1266 of 1288 Old 04-27-2016, 08:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Just wanted to add my feedback to the thread. Over 10 years ago I purchased 4 Berklines through AVSForum recommendations and that worked out quite well for the decade that I had them...so naturally I came to AVSforum this time around for a recommendation regarding best bang/buck and seating values to be had (recently moved into a new home).

I found this thread, and not long after I ordered 4 Fusion Jive chairs from Roman and have been using them for a few weeks. Couldn't be happier with my purchase. All in all they are an upgrade in features compared to my old chairs (storage arm rests, chargers, trays, power recline, etc.) yet I spent about the same as I did for my old set of manual recline chairs without the extras.

Really great value and quality and Roman made it easy. Highly recommend looking at the Fusion seating options...
post #1267 of 1288 Old 05-02-2016, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Question. Has anyone on this thread mounted shakers other than BK to the Jives, and if so which and what did you use to mount? I'm thinking since I'm generally looking for a more subtle rumble compared to the knock your butt of Buttkickers, there's not much point dropping the extra cash to go with them. Was thinking about getting some Aura pros or the like just to give that little extra feedback, but then started wondering if they'd deliver much by the time you lost the energy of a wood mounting plate or wire ties.

Remember, no matter where you go... You're not where you were anymore.
post #1268 of 1288 Old 05-03-2016, 12:01 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I would just avoid the Fusion Escapes. I've had nothing but trouble with the electrical on my 5346. My 5206 has been fine, but I've replaced 6 cup holders, multiple controllers, and now will have the pleasure of replacing the power supply, controller and cup holder on the 5346. I think I've spent more time replacing parts on the chair than using it. Roman has been good about sending replacements every time, but that isn't the point. It's the 40+ hours I've spent troubleshooting, flipping the chairs over, pulling parts, replacing parts, and still the problem persists.
post #1269 of 1288 Old 05-07-2016, 06:31 PM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Question. Has anyone on this thread mounted shakers other than BK to the Jives, and if so which and what did you use to mount? I'm thinking since I'm generally looking for a more subtle rumble compared to the knock your butt of Buttkickers, there's not much point dropping the extra cash to go with them. Was thinking about getting some Aura pros or the like just to give that little extra feedback, but then started wondering if they'd deliver much by the time you lost the energy of a wood mounting plate or wire ties.
The Aura shakers are no comparison to the buttlickers. The effect is quite different. The buttlickers are not only more powerful, but also much faster, and they would not create any delay between the LFE going through subwoofers and transducers themselves. They work together with the subs quite well. It is not alway about the power / wattage...

Roman
rtheaters.com

Last edited by rsh; 05-07-2016 at 06:34 PM.
post #1270 of 1288 Old 05-08-2016, 08:11 AM

I have the escapes but I'm in the Houston area. If you ever find your way down here you're welcome to try mine out. I love them.
post #1271 of 1288 Old 05-08-2016, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rac2656 View Post
Finally ready to purchase some Fusion seats in the next week, still looking to try out the Escape, Streamline and Tribute. If anyone in the Houston area would be available to let my wife and myself try these out let me know, Thanks
I'm in the Houston area and have a set of 4 Escapes from Roman. You're welcome to come check them out.
post #1272 of 1288 Old 05-11-2016, 02:51 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking to possibly get some Fusion chairs, but I was wondering if anyone had a set in the living room - would they look out of place? One absolute requirement is that whatever chairs I get must be in fabric instead of leather, which is offered for all styles as a custom order. The plan is to have 3 chairs in a row about 7 feet from a 60 in LG 4k TV in one section of the living room and a sectional couch + table in the other half of the living room. My house does not have a theater room so I don't have much choice on where to place the TV. Which style would look best in a living room or would this be a bad idea? I'm not interested in a reclining couch because only 2 seats ever recline (without separate arm rests/enough space it might feel too crowded if a couch did have the middle recline).
post #1273 of 1288 Old 05-16-2016, 07:37 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Looking to possibly get some Fusion chairs, but I was wondering if anyone had a set in the living room - would they look out of place? One absolute requirement is that whatever chairs I get must be in fabric instead of leather, which is offered for all styles as a custom order. The plan is to have 3 chairs in a row about 7 feet from a 60 in LG 4k TV in one section of the living room and a sectional couch + table in the other half of the living room. My house does not have a theater room so I don't have much choice on where to place the TV. Which style would look best in a living room or would this be a bad idea? I'm not interested in a reclining couch because only 2 seats ever recline (without separate arm rests/enough space it might feel too crowded if a couch did have the middle recline).
If only two chairs need to recline, you may want to check out our Escape-1019 Evolution Sofa, which also has wireless buttkicker solution.

Roman
rtheaters.com

Last edited by rsh; 05-16-2016 at 08:07 AM.
post #1274 of 1288 Old 05-16-2016, 09:04 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh View Post
The Aura shakers are no comparison to the buttlickers. The effect is quite different.
I bet... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
post #1275 of 1288 Old 05-18-2016, 02:39 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Does anyone have a long term review on the bonded leather? I'm afraid of flaking with heavy use and trying to determine if the extra money for real leather is warranted. Also, if anyone in the Spokane area has some of Roman's seats I'd love to sit in them.
post #1276 of 1288 Old 05-19-2016, 06:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willshire View Post
Does anyone have a long term review on the bonded leather? I'm afraid of flaking with heavy use and trying to determine if the extra money for real leather is warranted. Also, if anyone in the Spokane area has some of Roman's seats I'd love to sit in them.
This isn't the exact answer you are looking for... I had bonded leather on my previous Berkline chairs. They didn't get heavy use but a fair amount. After 5 years they were still in very good shape. With the chairs I purchased from Roman last winter, I opted for the leather. I can say that the leather is more comfortable to sit in than the previous bonded leather. The bonded leather on the Berklines seemed to trap heat and after a 2 hour meeting, you knew which parts of you were seated against the chair. With the leather on my Escapes after two hours I'm still very comfortable.

This isn't a true apples to apples comparison as you requested, but I would personally recommend the leather over the bonded just for comfort even if the durability is the same. Just my two cents.
post #1277 of 1288 Old 05-20-2016, 11:24 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

deewan,

Thank you for your feedback.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1278 of 1288 Old 05-21-2016, 08:26 PM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willshire View Post
I've owned a few bonded leather pieces of furniture over the years. Without fail, at some point in the 3-6 year range, they each started to peel/delaminate despite being only lightly used. I bet that Roman uses a higher quality bonded leather, but I didn't want to take the chance.
post #1279 of 1288 Old 05-22-2016, 10:43 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Sounds like it's worth paying a little extra for the real stuff. Appreciate the replies, guys. Looks like I have to save a few more pennies.
post #1280 of 1288 Old 05-25-2016, 06:34 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Any product whether it is a bonded leather or leather could be a low quality or better one.

When you buy furniture in leather, you want to make sure that the leather is top grain, and not split leather, which actually can start cracking and peeling in a few years. Same goes for bonded leather. The process of making it could be different, and the so can be the end result. Yes, the bonded leather would probably overall will be less durable than top grain leather, but all depends on how and in what environment it is used. For example, if the room is not temperature controlled, and there is humidity present there, the bonded leather may not perform and last as long as it could.

So far we have shipped over 7000 chairs, and half of it was in bonded leather. The statistics so far are quite good, and the bonded leather we use preforms well, but again it would depend on numerous factors, and in some case problems could be expected.

Top grain leather is always a safe choice, and it will last probably longer that you would use your furniture before deciding to change it...

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1281 of 1288 Old 06-04-2016, 06:46 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Question Jives as a Sofa?

Anyone configured the Jives as a 3 or more seat sofa, how does it feel to laydown across them? I was thinking of a multi-seat reclining sofa and use the removable drink wedges when needed.

Maybe something like: |XXXX| OR |X|XXX|X| OR |OVXXXVO|

Brad
AVR Anthen AVM 60 Amp Emotiva XPA-7 & XPA-5 Sources Oppo 103D, FiOS
Speakers Atmos 7.2.4 - TruAudio B23-465s (LCRs), TruAudio B23-265s (SL/R & SB), Dual SVS PC-2000s (Subs), 4 In Ceilings
PJ JVC RS500 Screen 153" DIY 2.35:1 Spandex
My crazy long build Coffered Ceiling
post #1282 of 1288 Old 06-04-2016, 09:34 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

I have quite a few customers who did IOOOI, IOOOOI, IOIOOOIOI and IOVOOOVOI configurations with Lagoon-1011, Jive-1013 and Tribute-1015 recliners. Everyone was quite happy with the set up.

Roman
rtheaters.com

Last edited by rsh; 07-12-2016 at 01:34 PM.
post #1283 of 1288 Old 06-18-2016, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 48
The theater's not quite finished as you can see by dangling wires and missing outlet/switch plates, but the Jives are in place and have been getting some good use out of the gate. I'm a big guy (6'7" and sadly back up to 350 for now), but they're still very comfy to me. Firm, but not too much, smooth recline, no problem with some fairly long sessions in them out of the gate. I did realize last night one of the power supplies was bad, but Roman was as quick to respond as his reputation around her indicates, and a new one will be on the way Monday.

Design wise, I think my only gripe about the chairs would be the placement of the tray vs. the cup holder. It'd be nice if there was a way to use the tray and still have the cup holder be usable. Looking at it, I'm not even sure if there's a way it'd be possible, but...

Overall, two very enthusiastic thumbs up from the wife and I.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jives In Place (2).jpg
Views:	93
Size:	198.2 KB
ID:	1504217  

Remember, no matter where you go... You're not where you were anymore.
post #1284 of 1288 Old 06-20-2016, 11:05 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Jason,

A replacement new power supply is on the way.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1285 of 1288 Old 06-27-2016, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Greetings, everyone! I'm renovating our house and a home theater is part of the plan. We have the AV gear already so we are mainly concentrating on the seating and embellishments. Roman's name came up in my research and he's been very helpful so far. My wife had her heart set on the stadium type seating ("to look more like a traditional theater").

Is there anyone in this thread from the Boston area who might be interested in allowing me to visit and test drive some of Roman's chairs? I'm specifically looking for a small footprint, so he recommended the Jive from the Fusion line. I'd like to at least sit in it before purchasing, and a trip to NJ is going to be hard to manage :-)

Please feel free to PM me if you might be interested, and I would be very appreciative.

Best regards,

Hubble

**note to moderators - I initially posted this in the "Theater Room Items & Accessories" subforum as its own thread, which might not have been appropriate. Is there a way for me to delete that thread?
post #1286 of 1288 Old 07-01-2016, 07:38 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Hubble128,

I was just wondering whether you got the swatch samples yet.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1287 of 1288 Old 07-23-2016, 05:46 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Folks,

Please post pictures of your chairs here or email them to me. We will be adding more customer's pictures to the website, and would like to have larger collection of these.

Thank you

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1288 of 1288 Old Today, 06:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Expecting my new Escape 1019 to be delivered this Thursday

I ended up ordering a single row of 3 Escape 1019 in Leather.

So far the ordering experience has been top notch.

Looking forward to getting these setup
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page