My new Fusion - Lagoon chairs from Roman - Page 44 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 37Likes
post #1291 of 1319 Unread 08-01-2016, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh View Post
Folks,

Please post pictures of your chairs here or email them to me. We will be adding more customer's pictures to the website, and would like to have larger collection of these.

Thank you
8 Fusion Escapes, purchased around March 2014.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0805150927a.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	1577945   Click image for larger version

Name:	0805150926b.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	1577953   Click image for larger version

Name:	0805150925.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	173.1 KB
ID:	1577961  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1292 of 1319 Unread 08-02-2016, 06:51 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Roman, what is the status of the accessories like the flexible light?
post #1293 of 1319 Unread 08-02-2016, 08:37 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 34
All new accessories including flexible LED light, wine glass holder and tablet holder should be available in about 5-6 weeks. We are getting limited number of this with the first shipment ,and we are taking pre-orders. Contact me off line if interested...

Roman
rtheaters.com
Fusion Collection Seating
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #1294 of 1319 Unread 08-02-2016, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Liked: 225
I connected one of the longer stems that came with the included tray tables to a tripod tablet holder which seems to be working nicely as tablet holder. Just required a visit to Ace to get a 7/16 to 1/4 inch threaded reducer.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160801_192117.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	1581697  

Last edited by RafaelSmith; 08-03-2016 at 05:58 AM.
post #1295 of 1319 Unread 08-02-2016, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Fusion Lagoons

It's always makes me uneasy to buy anything I haven't tried or seen firsthand. Even more so while buying new seats for our new home theater. The few local furniture stores in my area didn't carry anything we wanted and were too expensive at that. I kept finding threads like this one about Roman and his Fusion line of home theater seating. First time I've seen so many positive reviews about anything or anyone. I'd have to work pretty hard to find any review which described either Roman, or the product he sells, as anything less than great. No exception here. He made buying our new Lagoon recliners very easy. Buying the set of five seats took no time at all, and he was very quick to respond to every email I sent. With white glove delivery we had them in our new movie room about a week later. And let me tell you, they're just great! These are very comfortable! I'm 6'2" and they're just fine for me. Everything works as advertised. Delivery went off without a hitch and the drivers brought everything in, set them up, and took away all the packing. My sons and I have been enjoying them this evening watching a ball game, and we look forward using them for many years to come.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	226.8 KB
ID:	1580705  
AnnapolisSony and jjackkrash like this.
post #1296 of 1319 Unread 08-03-2016, 03:53 PM
rsh
AVS Special Member

John,

I am glad you like the chairs.

Enjoy...

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1297 of 1319 Unread 08-09-2016, 09:32 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Folks,

I just wanted to mention that we will have a new style group shortly. I have had quite a few people asking for manual recliners due to the fact that the chairs will be in the middle of the room, and there is no way they could run the power there. So, for these folks (and those who are on the tight budget) we will have that style group, and first shipment will be arriving in late September. We will have pictures on the website by the end of this month.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1298 of 1319 Unread 08-16-2016, 05:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Looking for a review from someone who has had one of these sets for 2-3 years.
How did the firmness hold up with a lot use?

I'm looking for a two, three seat couch setups for the living room.

Mix of heavy and light people in my household, so I'm looking for firm, that will hold up over time.

I like the idea of the pocketed coil springs for durability, just wondering what cushioning used to surround it?
Ideally a HD or lux foam, because I wouldn't want the foam to breakdown and then wind up feeling the springs.

Also, looking for firm, not mushy, for the backrest.
Roman, can you provide the specs for the cushioning?

I don't need trays, or side compartments. I like to have cup holders on the ends, and the removable type in the middle. They don't need to light up.
Which model would best suit my needs?

Thanks in advance for any info that is provided.

ISF Calibrator
Samsung PN64F8500
Pioneer Kuro Elite Pro-111FD
Pioneer Kuro BDP-320
Displays are like 100% cotton t-shirts. Always buy a size larger than you think you'll need, as they tend to shrink over time.
post #1299 of 1319 Unread 08-16-2016, 09:02 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

dsskid,

If you read this thread (although I understand it is quite lengthy) you will see that we have folks who purchased our chairs all the way back in 2011, and they are quite happy with the chairs.

We use high density foam and fibers for cushioning, and together with pocketed coil springs it provides a perfect combination of firmness and comfort.

If you do not need trays, storage compartments and some other features, check the Lagoon-1011 group.

We also have a new Encore-1010 group that will be very aggressively priced since it will not have power recline. These will be manual recliners, and will be available in about 5 weeks. We should have pictures and specs on the website in a week or so, but if you need to see one, I can send you a picture of the pre-production sample, just email me for that.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1300 of 1319 Unread 08-16-2016, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
dsskid,

If you read this thread (although I understand it is quite lengthy) you will see that we have folks who purchased our chairs all the way back in 2011, and they are quite happy with the chairs.

We use high density foam and fibers for cushioning, and together with pocketed coil springs it provides a perfect combination of firmness and comfort.

If you do not need trays, storage compartments and some other features, check the Lagoon-1011 group.

We also have a new Encore-1010 group that will be very aggressively priced since it will not have power recline. These will be manual recliners, and will be available in about 5 weeks. We should have pictures and specs on the website in a week or so, but if you need to see one, I can send you a picture of the pre-production sample, just email me for that.
Thanks for that.
I prefer the electric recline, so I'll look into the Lagoon and the Escapes.

ISF Calibrator
Samsung PN64F8500
Pioneer Kuro BDP-320
Displays are like 100% cotton t-shirts. Always buy a size larger than you think you'll need, as they tend to shrink over time.
post #1301 of 1319 Unread 08-16-2016, 10:04 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Well,

The Lagoon-1011 is the entry level chair, and the Escape-1019 is our top of the line one with a lot of features...

Contact me via email or call me, and I can answer all your questions and provide more info if needed.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1302 of 1319 Unread 08-16-2016, 08:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsskid View Post

Mix of heavy and light people in my household, so I'm looking for firm, that will hold up over time.

I like the idea of the pocketed coil springs for durability, just wondering what cushioning used to surround it?
Ideally a HD or lux foam, because I wouldn't want the foam to breakdown and then wind up feeling the springs.

I don't need trays, or side compartments. I like to have cup holders on the ends, and the removable type in the middle. They don't need to light up.

Quote:
Thanks for that.
I prefer the electric recline, so I'll look into the Lagoon and the Escapes.

I've had 8 Escapes for nearly 2 1/2 years now and they are holding up great. The one chair I use the most is a touch softer than when it was new, but it has that nice broken-in feel and is not showing any signs of foam breaking down or feeling the springs. The backrest is definitely on the firmer side as well.
dsskid likes this.

post #1303 of 1319 Unread 08-17-2016, 04:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcramer View Post
I've had 8 Escapes for nearly 2 1/2 years now and they are holding up great. The one chair I use the most is a touch softer than when it was new, but it has that nice broken-in feel and is not showing any signs of foam breaking down or feeling the springs. The backrest is definitely on the firmer side as well.
Thank you for the update, I find that very useful.

ISF Calibrator
Samsung PN64F8500
Pioneer Kuro BDP-320
post #1304 of 1319 Unread 08-17-2016, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thank you for the update, I find that very useful.
No problem. To add to this, these chairs are definitely not the type you're going to "sink" into like a La-Z-Boy plush recliner. They are of a firm softness (almost like a very comfy car seat), which sounds like what you are looking for.

post #1305 of 1319 Unread 08-17-2016, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
No problem. To add to this, these chairs are definitely not the type you're going to "sink" into like a La-Z-Boy plush recliner. They are of a firm softness (almost like a very comfy car seat), which sounds like what you are looking for.
Yes, that is indeed what my wife and I are looking for.

Thanks again.

ISF Calibrator
Samsung PN64F8500
Pioneer Kuro BDP-320
post #1306 of 1319 Unread 08-17-2016, 09:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Demo in Madison WI area

Just made it through reading the whole thread - lots of great information in here.

I'm hoping to set up a demo with a current owner - probably Escape or Jive.

Anyone close to Madison WI that would be willing to invite me over for a test-sit?

Thanks!
post #1307 of 1319 Unread 08-18-2016, 06:03 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Sean,

Email me. I have a few customers within 2 hours driving distance from Madison, WI, and I can contact them to see if they would be willing to let you try their chairs.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1308 of 1319 Unread 08-18-2016, 06:57 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:

I've had Fusion Jives since Feb of 2014 and they are just as good today as the day I received them. I also installed a 4002 Universal Console in the middle of my love seat config about a year ago and that too has held up just great. I can't say enough about the quality of these seats. You won't find anything with a better "bang for your buck" in the HT seating market. Not only that but you'll struggle to find better customer service. See post 1133 of this thread for more info.
dsskid likes this.

Displays: Epson 5030UB | 100-inch Elite Sable Fixed Mount | Samsung UN46F5500 LED TV
Sources: Yamaha RX-A1010 | Emotiva XPA-3 | OPPO BDP-103 | Panamax M5300 | Pro-ject Carbon Debut Turntable | Sonos Connect | Apple TV
Speakers: Polk 265-RT (L/R) | Polk 255C-RT (C) | Polk 65RT (L/R SUR) | Polk RC80i (L/R REAR SUR) | Subwoofers: PSA XV-15se X 2
Controls:Wall-mounted iPad AVS Forum Thread: 904WMC Media Room Thread
post #1309 of 1319 Unread 08-18-2016, 07:07 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
8 Fusion Escapes, purchased around March 2014.
TCramer,

This is a little OT, but your snack ledge/bar turned out GREAT! I remember you touching base a few years back saying that you were going to do something similar. Really looks good. It is amazing how many people prefer to sit at my snack ledge over the chairs when I have large groups over for viewing. It really is a hit in my room!

Displays: Epson 5030UB | 100-inch Elite Sable Fixed Mount | Samsung UN46F5500 LED TV
Sources: Yamaha RX-A1010 | Emotiva XPA-3 | OPPO BDP-103 | Panamax M5300 | Pro-ject Carbon Debut Turntable | Sonos Connect | Apple TV
Speakers: Polk 265-RT (L/R) | Polk 255C-RT (C) | Polk 65RT (L/R SUR) | Polk RC80i (L/R REAR SUR) | Subwoofers: PSA XV-15se X 2
Controls:Wall-mounted iPad AVS Forum Thread: 904WMC Media Room Thread
post #1310 of 1319 Unread 08-18-2016, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Mc View Post
Just made it through reading the whole thread - lots of great information in here.

Anyone close to Madison WI that would be willing to invite me over for a test-sit?

Thanks!
Quote:
Sean,

Email me. I have a few customers within 2 hours driving distance from Madison, WI, and I can contact them to see if they would be willing to let you try their chairs.
I am located in Waunakee and would gladly let you demo them. Feel free to PM me and we can work out a time.

post #1311 of 1319 Unread 08-18-2016, 07:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnapolisSony View Post
I've had Fusion Jives since Feb of 2014 and they are just as good today as the day I received them. I also installed a 4002 Universal Console in the middle of my love seat config about a year ago and that too has held up just great. I can't say enough about the quality of these seats. You won't find anything with a better "bang for your buck" in the HT seating market. Not only that but you'll struggle to find better customer service. See post 1133 of this thread for more info.
Thank you AnnapolisSony

ISF Calibrator
Samsung PN64F8500
Pioneer Kuro BDP-320
post #1312 of 1319 Unread 08-18-2016, 07:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnapolisSony View Post
TCramer,

This is a little OT, but your snack ledge/bar turned out GREAT! I remember you touching base a few years back saying that you were going to do something similar. Really looks good. It is amazing how many people prefer to sit at my snack ledge over the chairs when I have large groups over for viewing. It really is a hit in my room!
Hey thanks! My room was far from ideal for a theater, but I made the most of it I think. I certainly don't call it a theater, we just call it "the place to be" (like on Seinfeld). Yeah, like you said when we have people over for games or other events, the 4 bar seats always fill up first. The only time they don't are when it's for movies.

Just curious, what thread do I even have pics posted where you saw it. Haha

post #1313 of 1319 Unread 08-18-2016, 07:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Probably post 1291.

ISF Calibrator
Samsung PN64F8500
Pioneer Kuro BDP-320
post #1314 of 1319 Unread 08-18-2016, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Probably post 1291.
Good call...forgot I posted those!
AnnapolisSony likes this.

post #1315 of 1319 Unread 08-18-2016, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Sean,

Quote:
I am located in Waunakee and would gladly let you demo them. Feel free to PM me and we can work out a time.
Wow, that was fast!

Thanks tcramer, will follow up. I was hoping that either you or agmitch might see this as I noticed you two made the Waunakee discovery at about the middle of the thread.

Roman, I may reach out if it turns out that tcramer's escapes aren't the best fit for my room.
post #1316 of 1319 Unread 08-19-2016, 07:40 PM

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 54
To all owner of the fusion line, how do you clean, maintain the leather of your seats? Other than regular light "wet" clothe cleaning?
post #1317 of 1319 Unread Yesterday, 01:37 PM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quote:
To all owner of the fusion line, how do you clean, maintain the leather of your seats? Other than regular light "wet" clothe cleaning?
Mild water / soap solution is all you need to clean and maintain the leather.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1318 of 1319 Unread Today, 06:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Mc View Post

Thanks!
I'm not real close, but I might be close enough. I live in Cedar Rapids, IA and it's about a 2:30 hour drive from just about anywhere in Madison. I travel to Madison a lot for work so I know the drive can be made from my house to the NE corner (near Sun Prairie) in 2:30. If you can't fine anyone to demo the chairs and you're up for a drive, you are welcome to visit.

Another thought, I think this winter we are having another Iowa Home Theater Crawl (think bar crawl on with home theaters). You could come down, see a few theaters and test out the chairs. Makes the trip more worth while.
post #1319 of 1319 Unread Today, 07:39 PM

Thanks for the offer!

It looks like there are some generous folks closer that I can connect with and save the drive. Hopefully in coming years I'll have some better free time to consider some recreational HT Crawl events :grinning:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories