We will not be offering a different cup holder on Escape-1019s, and here are my thoughts about that:
1. The only reason we use the cup holder on Streamline-1017 that has a controllable light and built in USB is because we use a motorized lumbar support on this stye group, and the supplier of that feature would not offer any other cup holders but that one.
2. Lighting features on the chairs IMHO are pure marketing tricks, and bring no value whatsoever. Lighted cup holders are very distracting, and base rail lighting is even worse because as soon as you recline the front row of seating all your colors on the screen will be washed out, and the picture becomes unwatchable. Yes, it looks great when you want to impress your gusts, but you would want to turn it off as soon as you dim the lights to watch the movie.
3. The cup holders on Streamline-1017 (everyone out there is using those) have LEDs under the control buttons, and they cannot be turned off, and while it is arguable, some people find it distracting as well. The cup holder on the Escape-1019 chairs have a LOCK button, and when you press this button not only it would lock all the controls on the cup holder, so you cannot accidentally move the chair/headrest by placing your hand on the cup holder, it will also turn the LEDs off. When you want to readjust the reclining or headrest position you would press the lock button again, and this will release the controls and turn the LEDs back on for you to see where the controls are. Last but not least, but having the LEDs off you are increasing the longevity of the LEDs.
4. You do not need to use the cooler if you do not want to. It is has On/Off control.
5. On the Escape-1019 the USB port is located inside of the storage compartment on the front wall (up against the cup holder), so it is very easy to access, and also allows you to place your charging devise like 3D glasses inside of the storage compartment and leave it when you are not there eliminating any clutter...
Ultimate Home Entertainment