My new Fusion - Lagoon chairs from Roman - Page 49 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 65Likes

post #1441 of 1492 Old 03-27-2017, 02:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin View Post
Do you have any pictures?
Not the best but I hope these help...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6062.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	2053185   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6063.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	170.1 KB
ID:	2053193  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1442 of 1492 Old 03-27-2017, 03:10 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by laugsbach View Post
Not the best but I hope these help...
Now that is totally unexpected. I have never seen a riser that is only under the seat and not in front of it.

Very very interesting.
post #1443 of 1492 Old 03-27-2017, 03:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

^^
It is different but as I mentioned before, I do a lot of testing and I didn't want to be constantly stepping up/down 8" to get my measuring equipment placed just right...

post #1444 of 1492 Old 03-27-2017, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laugsbach View Post
^^
It is different but as I mentioned before, I do a lot of testing and I didn't want to be constantly stepping up/down 8" to get my measuring equipment placed just right...
You've actually inspired me. I'm thinking I am leaning toward am island riser with 10" in front like a step and then a walkway in front of that until the front row. As my island won't be touching any walls I actually think this design is much better for my theater.

I like the fact that you can move the seats around a few inches if you want. Gives a bit more flexibility.
laugsbach likes this.
post #1445 of 1492 Old 03-28-2017, 02:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin View Post
...island riser with 10" in front like a step
Island Riser...I like that!

Looking forward to seeing some pictures when you are finished...
post #1446 of 1492 Old 03-29-2017, 08:40 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I would recommend having some space in front of the chairs. If you do not, it may be very cumbersome to get in and out of the seats.

Roman
rtheaters.com
FusionCollectionSeating.com
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #1447 of 1492 Old 03-29-2017, 10:54 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 13
We are trying to get lots of seats into a theater that is decent sized (18 by 21 ish) but not large. I'm interested in Jive based on positive forum reviews of Roman's seats and the Jive's compact footprint. However, I need to test anything we might buy because my wife has neck and back issues, which make her more particular than most. Is there anyone in the Atlanta area with Jive seats who is willing to offer a test sit? Please shoot me a PM if so. Thanks.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____
The Spinal Tap Theater Build:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...ter-build.html
post #1448 of 1492 Old 03-30-2017, 07:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlues View Post
We are trying to get lots of seats into a theater that is decent sized (18 by 21 ish) but not large. I'm interested in Jive based on positive forum reviews of Roman's seats and the Jive's compact footprint. However, I need to test anything we might buy because my wife has neck and back issues, which make her more particular than most. Is there anyone in the Atlanta area with Jive seats who is willing to offer a test sit? Please shoot me a PM if so. Thanks.
I'm in Memphis, so a bit far just to test, but as far as it goes; my wife also has back issues, and my sister in law neck issues, and both are able to sit in the Jives quite comfortably. Not to mention I'm ogre sized (6'7" 350lb) and have done some pretty solid marathon sessions in the Jives.

Remember, no matter where you go... You're not where you were anymore.
post #1449 of 1492 Old 03-30-2017, 08:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'd feel like a child sitting in a seat while my feet dangle in the air unable to reach the floor.
post #1450 of 1492 Old 03-30-2017, 09:49 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moebius View Post
I'm in Memphis, so a bit far just to test, but as far as it goes; my wife also has back issues, and my sister in law neck issues, and both are able to sit in the Jives quite comfortably. Not to mention I'm ogre sized (6'7" 350lb) and have done some pretty solid marathon sessions in the Jives.
Thanks. I'm optimistic. Nonetheless, I will need to get a "test-sit" for my wife before I can purchase. By the way, I've been emailing with Roman and he's been incredibly helpful. For that reason alone, I hope my wife likes the Jives.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____
The Spinal Tap Theater Build:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...ter-build.html
post #1451 of 1492 Old 03-31-2017, 02:10 PM

Just posted this little review while using the Fusion Lagoon chairs...

Review: Yittee USB light for USB enabled theater chairs ($1.75/ea)
laugsbach and healthnut like this.
post #1452 of 1492 Old 04-02-2017, 02:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 71
While I've read perhaps here, can't remember, that baby powder will help, I find the chairs I got from Roman to be very noisy when the leather rubs as you recline or come back to upright. I recently sat in 2 different make chairs in an audio/video store and both were completely silent, with no leather rub whatsoever. They were also more comfortable.

I realize that may hurt Roman, who is a great guy and went out of his way to enable me to visit his showroom, etc., and that is not my purpose, it is just to comment on what I have found while owning his chairs for at least 6 months now.

I also bought from Roman the silver tilt tray. It is not worth it, unfortunately. The lip is held on magnetically and will slip off with even the weight of an Ipad pro. The trays when turned will cover the cup holders also.
post #1453 of 1492 Old 04-02-2017, 03:12 PM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

No one is hurt here. I welcome any opinions whether they are positive or negative.

But here are my input / comments:

Regarding the noise of the chairs. You can have it on any recliner whether it is $300 cheap made one, or $3-5k per seat very expensive one. Building a furniture is not a precise tooling, and when the cushions are made very full, slow recline can introduce some squeaking. Sometimes the chairs do not squeak at all, sometimes a bit, and sometimes they can create quite a noise. You have visited our warehouse, and I do not know if you noticed or not, but not all the chairs were speaking there...
Anyway, baby powder when it works is only a temporarily solution. The better solution is either ArmorAll spray or paraffin wax. That should eliminate the noise completely.

About comfort - there is no such a product that will be the most comfortable, and everyone would love it. It is too subjective and personal. I bet that out of 10 people who would try the chairs you liked, 5 would agree with you and 5 would not. The number could be different in terms of who would agree or disagree, but I hope you get the point.

The titling tray was not designed for iPad PRO, and we were selling these trays way before iPad PRO was introduced on the market. It holds the iPads, remote controls, books just fine.

My point is that it is always wise not to make any assumptions. Then you would not get disappointed later if your expectations were not met...
laugsbach likes this.

Roman
rtheaters.com

Last edited by rsh; 04-02-2017 at 06:41 PM.
post #1454 of 1492 Old 04-03-2017, 11:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I'd add one more factor which is that the "noise" is variable over time, and with environmental and other factors. I've had my Jives for about 10 months now and for the most part they were pretty quiet. However, there have been times where they were much louder. Particularly humid days, things like that. I've had similar experience with the leather sofa and loveseat we have. Some days, quiet as a mouse, others sounds like someone doing a recorded interview wearing a vinyl top against a lavalier mic.

post #1455 of 1492 Old 04-05-2017, 03:08 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Hi,

Can anyone on here comment on different in feel/comfort of tribute vs escape? Speaking with Roman, he suggested that the materials are all the same, but difference may come in form of bucket seats on the escape which could be a better fit. Thinking about my car, the bucket seat certainly sounds appealing.

Reading through all the forums, the cup holder malfunctioning has me nervous about the escape (understand tribute has this too, but seems like there are more complaints from the escape --> guessing b/c it is more complicated). I like the idea of an adjustable headrest, but not seeing huge benefit of mechanical vs manual. Also don't see a lot of people too excited about the cooled cup holder. So thinking going tribute, but found a few folks commenting on how "plush" the escape feels which is something I am definitely looking for. Right now debating between HT Hamilton, fusion tribute and fusion escape. The hamilton has the bucket seats, but no adjustable headrest and also the LED lights under the chair i don't care about at all.

thanks for any and all input!!
post #1456 of 1492 Old 04-05-2017, 03:16 PM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Just to be clear...

Most of the issues with the Escape cup holders were from our earlier shipments, and currently I have zero complains about the cup holders, and basically no issues whatsoever.

The Tribute does not have a cupholder like the Escape-1019 does. Instead is has a stainless steel insert that can easily be removed for cleaning.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1457 of 1492 Old 04-06-2017, 04:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZaha View Post
Hi, Can anyone on here comment on different in feel/comfort of tribute vs escape?
I own both (as well as the Jives) and if I had to sit in only one chair for the rest of my life, it would be the Escape chair. The power headrest is a better option because it allows a finer adjustment with more range vs the manual. If your budget and space allows for the Escape chair, that is the chair to go with...
post #1458 of 1492 Old 04-06-2017, 09:11 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

A few other things to consider comparing our Escape-1019s with other chairs on the market:

1. Our chairs come buttkickers ready (isolators and the BK plate that will accept the advanced bk4-4 buttkickers) are factory preinstalled.
2. Our chairs come with aluminum (quite expensive) trays
3. Only the middle portion of the headrest moves while adjusting it, leaving your ears exposed to the surround sound.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1459 of 1492 Old 04-07-2017, 11:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Hi All,

I used to spend a lot of hours on this site as I was planning my HT build…and ironically, it’s the successes I’ve had because of all the good info here that have kept me away for some time now…
Because everything just works—and works well!

One of those successes is the two-tiers of Fusion seating I bought off Roman back in 2014. It was admittedly a flier to spend that amount of cash and have them shipped all the way to Canada, but everything worked out great.

Recently I had a question about warranty about a small issue with one of the chairs, and I couldn’t find the code I need to submit a claim. I email Roman, not knowing if he’d even answer my question, and within literally a few minutes I have pictures and descriptions of how to tighten the piece myself, along with a copy of any warranty docs I might need from my deal 2.5 years ago!

I’m a big believer in taking businesses to task if they under-perform, but I believe it is equally important to give credit when service goes well above and beyond—and Roman’s responsiveness and care definitely fit into that category.

Very happy customer!

Quill
laugsbach likes this.
post #1460 of 1492 Old 04-08-2017, 03:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Just here to sing the praises of Roman, I ordered 4 Jive's back in January? (somewhere around then), and I took him up on his offer to store them in the warehouse until the dedicated room was ready a couple weeks ago.

Jive's arrived yesterday on a pallet, little squished in here and there but after unboxing and putting things together all appears to be well. Gotta admit, I was *really* nervous about ordering these sight unseen, and never sitting in them - but they do look pretty decent in person and they are more comfortable than the la-z-boy manual home theater recliner with tempurpedic foam I have out in the living room (well it is 13-14 years old now...)

I did order the top grain leather version, and I am curious to see how it holds up over time as it is quite thin feeling compared to other (much more expensive) leather furniture I have in the house. I mean 4 chairs for roughly 1/3 the cost of another Texas made brand I was looking at so I guess my expectations have been met.

Anyhow, Roman was great to deal with, fast and responsive to all emails before and after. I don't think I ever talked to him on the phone? There were quite a few emails back and forth which were probably a tad annoying (seating configuration questions due to the wife's input/concerns...), but he stayed on top of the communication and even steered me in the right direction.

-pd
post #1461 of 1492 Old 04-09-2017, 04:51 PM

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Allow me to expand what I said above when I compared comfort to two different chairs I sat on in an audio video store. What I said above was not complete.

I completely agree with Roman. Comfort, like beauty is in the butt of the beholder.

One, perhaps two things that really set the chairs I sampled apart is the fact the leg portion rose completely separately from the rear of the chair. In fact, it was a separate button I believe. One could place the leg cushion in any position without the backrest moving. That was an eye opener.

Also, whether the trays on Roman's chairs are aluminum or not, they cannot be swung toward you if you have a drink in the cupholder. Not sure how that can be made better other than the cup holder being placed back a bit further or the tray table being slightly taller or mounted out on an angle. I'm not an engineer, far from it, so I don't know what the answer is to that.
post #1462 of 1492 Old 04-10-2017, 06:56 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
One, perhaps two things that really set the chairs I sampled apart is the fact the leg portion rose completely separately from the rear of the chair. In fact, it was a separate button I believe. One could place the leg cushion in any position without the backrest moving. That was an eye opener.

Also, whether the trays on Roman's chairs are aluminum or not, they cannot be swung toward you if you have a drink in the cupholder. Not sure how that can be made better other than the cup holder being placed back a bit further or the tray table being slightly taller or mounted out on an angle. I'm not an engineer, far from it, so I don't know what the answer is to that.
Having two motors in the chair would make it much more expensive. I bet the chairs you tried in the AV store were at least twice as more expensive as what you purchased from me. So, when you compare products, it would be nice to have fair comparison between the them across the board. We could have made the chairs with 2 motors as well, but I chose not to do so for two reasons:

1. It would have increased cost of the chair drastically, and on today's extremely competitive market when people mostly look at the price first, and sometimes nothing else, it would be a very bad business decision to do so.
2. From my prospective, and I bet 90% of people would agree with me, the way reclining mech works on ours and most of the chairs on the market today is very satisfactory. The footrest does come up first to a certain point, and then the back starts moving down. In the past 15 years that I have been doing this I only have had a few guys mentioning that this would be a nice feature to have, and again it would be a very bad decision to implement that because the demand was just not there.

Regarding the trays covering the cup holders: you cannot really move the cupholders back. The tray would still cover it, and this would shorten the area where you are resting your arm, and it will be uncomfortable and cumbersome... You can always use a cup holder on the other arm, or place the cup on the tray when you are using one.

Now, if you have seen a better design/solution, you are welcome to share with everyone. I am always open to suggestions, and when they make sense and there is a demand for that we would gladly implement it.
laugsbach likes this.

Roman
rtheaters.com

Last edited by rsh; 04-10-2017 at 06:59 AM.
post #1463 of 1492 Old 04-10-2017, 12:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I'll admit, I spent a couple hours trying to think of a better way to do the tray/cup holder and reached the conclusion it's just not feasible. If you have the cup holder further down the armrest, as Roman noted it'd be getting into the resting arm/hand position and rather uncomfy. Having a cup holder extension that would sit in front of the armrest and a little lower to clear the tray would work, but would be rather tricky for anyone except someone with gorilla arms like myself. That'd be a pretty far reach for an average person. I even looked at having longer posts machined, but then realized that elevating the tray enough would work functionally, but now the tray would be coming up to the upper chest or chin of an average sized person sitting in the seat.

The solution I came up with for times when I've got a bigger dish or something that would prevent me from just setting the cup on the tray itself (usually if we're having a full meal while watching rather than just snack stuff) is to use a tray on the tray. We have a set of service trays (think of a fancy version of the trays you get at a fast food joint) that we just set on top of the swivel tray. It's large enough to accommodate the dishes and drink.

post #1464 of 1492 Old 04-20-2017, 02:37 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Fusion Escapes

Just received a set of three Fusion Escapes in black leather from Roman. The chairs are fantastic, and the service was great. Roman held the chairs for me while I was awaiting new carpet, and he shipped them out within an hour of me emailing him. Five days later and I'm in theater heaven. Couldn't be happier with the purchase. Compared to what is offered here locally for the same quality, this was a great deal. Thanks, Roman!
post #1465 of 1492 Old 04-27-2017, 12:11 PM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Bob,

Any pictures you can share?

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1466 of 1492 Old 04-28-2017, 09:00 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Roman, I came across your company and the awesome reviews on AVS forum. I am looking to get 6-7 black/ gray recliners for my home theater (2 rows - 3-3 or 4-3 config). Based on all the awesome feedback I am trying to decide between Lagoon/ Fusion/ Escape.

Anyone from Austin who would be willing to let me try these recliners out?
post #1467 of 1492 Old 04-28-2017, 09:33 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Roman, I came across your company and the awesome reviews on AVS forum. I am looking to get 6-7 black/ gray recliners for my home theater (2 rows - 3-3 or 4-3 config). Based on all the awesome feedback I am trying to decide between Lagoon/ Fusion/ Escape.
Vik,

I got your email, and replied, so check your email box.

FYI: Fusion is our line, and not a style group name

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1468 of 1492 Old 04-28-2017, 09:41 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks Roman, just replied to your email. I meant to say Jive and typed Fusion
post #1469 of 1492 Old 04-28-2017, 05:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What can I say, Roman has the best customer service of anyone I've ever dealt with in the world of home theater. He went above and beyond before, during and after my purchase.

On to the chairs, Jives! The first day, they were not so comfortable (though my wife loved them from day 1). I found them too short in recline for my 6'1" 190lbs frame. However, after the next few days, I found these chairs to be very comfortable. The firmness began to soften quickly, but not too soft. Still firm, but comfortable. Also, I found ways to position myself to find further comfort.

I chose these chairs over the others offered due to the smaller width size. I needed to be able to access doors on both sides of my theater room, one leading to the equipment rack and the other leading to movies. The width of these fit the bill quite well and I was able to fit 4 chairs into a room that previously had 3.

I decided on the top grain leather over the bonded since my (chairs I'm replacing) 10 year old bonded Berklines have been splitting and pealing. I didn't want that to happen again. Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase and am looking forward to years of enjoying my Fusion Jive Seating. Thanks again Roman!!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4170.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	2107745   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4200.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	2107753   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4199.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	172.5 KB
ID:	2107761   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4201.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	180.4 KB
ID:	2107769   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4205.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	2107777  

Name:	IMG_4204.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	2107849  
post #1470 of 1492 Old 04-29-2017, 05:16 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Five years ago I ordered 3 Tributes from Roman for a multi-purpose space in my basement. We loved the chairs but didn't like all the ambient light and foot traffic based on the multi-use nature of the space. In February 2016 we were on vacation in Cancun and came home to find that a pipe had burst and our walk out basement was sitting in 4"+ of water for a week. Well, I will skip the story about why it has taken so long to get the basement re-built (contractors are just brutal) but we are nearing completion. Now we will have a dedicated, light controlled space for movies, and I ordered a row of four Tributes from Roman with Buttkickers for the two middle chairs + an amp to power them. This was my second time ordering from Roman and he exceeded my expectations again. The level of communication, service and shipping is IMHO rare to find. The chairs are as awesome as I remember. Comfortable, quality and a super value. Got everything set up late last night and spent and hour relaxing. The kids are excited to watch Rogue One this evening. Pics attached. I hope the pics are OK - haven't uploaded pics before. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20170429_115135255_iOS.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	178.3 KB
ID:	2108353   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170429_115121289_iOS.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	2108361   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170429_115052640_iOS.jpg
Views:	56