My new Fusion - Lagoon chairs from Roman - Page 51 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 78Likes

post #1501 of 1529 Old 07-02-2017, 02:13 PM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
In my new Jive chairs- I was just curious to what the bag of small circular plastic caps with holes and various hardware that is inside each arm rest is used for?
The plastic caps are optional, and can be installed on the isolators if you would like to easily slide the chairs on the carpet.

The bolts and nuts are for the buttkicker install. We provide those, so you have everything you need to easily add the buttkickers to your chairs, should you ever wanted them in your recliners.

Roman
rtheaters.com
FusionCollectionSeating.com
Ultimate Home Entertainment
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1502 of 1529 Old 07-03-2017, 06:31 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh View Post
The plastic caps are optional, and can be installed on the isolators if you would like to easily slide the chairs on the carpet.

The bolts and nuts are for the buttkicker install. We provide those, so you have everything you need to easily add the buttkickers to your chairs, should you ever wanted them in your recliners.
good to know thanks. Again the chairs are great. very comfortable and a nice addition to the room.
post #1503 of 1529 Old 07-03-2017, 08:23 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

thetman,

I am glad you like the chairs.

Can you share some pictures?

Roman
rtheaters.com

post #1504 of 1529 Old 07-03-2017, 03:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
thetman,

I am glad you like the chairs.

Can you share some pictures?
chairs are awesome. posted some pics . check a few posts back. here are a few more. ( back row only)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	J2.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	2216769   Click image for larger version

Name:	J5.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	2216777  

Last edited by thetman; 07-03-2017 at 03:44 PM.
post #1505 of 1529 Old 07-05-2017, 09:01 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Well, maybe it is time to replace the front row of seats with more Jives

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1506 of 1529 Old 07-11-2017, 02:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got my Escape chairs last Friday and got them set up. In my opinion the chairs are just OK. They are not uncomfortable, but not really comfortable either, they're just OK. They don't feel cheap, but they don't feel expensive or luxurious either, they feel OK. If you move in the chair while it's reclined it wobbles quite a bit and feels kinda cheap, but when it's not reclined and just sit it in it feels solid and well built. If you're tall, this chair will feel like it's made for short people. I think they're a good middle of the road chairs, for the money it's OK, but don't expect to feel like you're getting a super value out of them. At least that's my opinion. I know many other love their chairs and will disagree with me, this is just my take on them. Maybe I expected too much with all the hype here, but either way I'm a bit disappointed. I prefer my 3 year old Lane recliners in my TV room.
post #1507 of 1529 Old 07-12-2017, 07:25 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Chris,

Thank you for your feedback, and sorry that the chairs did not meet your expectations.

As you already know and probably agree with me, certain things like comfort are very subjective. We often get used to our old furniture, and then, when we get a new one, and it has a different feel we get disappointed. I would ask you to give it some time. You may change your opinion after a while when you get used to the new chairs. I also think that if you look around you will see that the chairs with all the features they come with, actually represent great value for the money paid. Now, I never marketed these chairs to be “Rolls Royce” of the Home Theater Seating, but you are not paying thousands of dollars per seat, either.

Last, but not least, regarding the “hype” here – I always welcome any feedback, whether it is positive or negative. I’d like to hear what people do not like, and what can be improved. At the same time, I wanted to mention that we have shipped over 7000 chairs since we started in 2011, and Escape is our bestselling model. As you can see here (and this is an independent public forum), and in some other places the feedback is very positive. Of course, there is always going to be someone who would not like one thing or another, and there is no perfect chair out there. People are too different, and their opinion are very subjective…

I do recognize that this is your opinion, and it is great that you are sharing it with others, but I again ask you to give it some time and see if it changes in the future

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1508 of 1529 Old 07-12-2017, 07:32 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 30
MnChris,

Roman is a stand up guy and after 5 years, I still like my seating I purchased from him. Zero problems.
That said, I sit in my chair (Wife has her own) about 10 - 15 hrs per week watching movies / playing games...
My seat did not "break in" and become comfy until ~ 50 hrs of butt time. After 5 years it's almost ready for new foam, which I will do myself, I've done several chairs and boat seats without issue.

I hope your chairs settle in to your expectations, just give them a little time to soften up.
Ron

"New Member" since 2007....
post #1509 of 1529 Old 07-26-2017, 10:32 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Ron,

Just saw your post - thank you for the vote of confidence

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1510 of 1529 Old 07-27-2017, 07:21 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetman View Post
chairs are awesome. posted some pics . check a few posts back. here are a few more. ( back row only)

Love that mill work!!
post #1511 of 1529 Old 07-27-2017, 07:35 AM

I ordered 4 escapes last Thursday!! IOVOOVOI
They are sitting in Charlotte NC right now. But Yellow called Monday and said they will be here tomorrow. My wifey promised I could spend my birthday weekend breaking them in, so here's to hoping they make it the other half of the way in one day!!
post #1512 of 1529 Old 07-27-2017, 03:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbizwiz1 View Post
Love that mill work!!
thanks. my friend was the builder. I was the painter. He did a good job.
post #1513 of 1529 Old 08-03-2017, 05:56 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I ordered 4 escapes last Thursday!! IOVOOVOI
They are sitting in Charlotte NC right now. But Yellow called Monday and said they will be here tomorrow. My wifey promised I could spend my birthday weekend breaking them in, so here's to hoping they make it the other half of the way in one day!!
Any pictures you can share with us?

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1514 of 1529 Old 08-07-2017, 10:15 AM

Well sadly my theater room is not as elaborate as many in here. But it works for enjoying some family movie time.
I love these Escapes. They are firm but still very comfortable.
The leather is soft and acclimated to body temp quickly. So they are not too hot or cold to sit in, even in shorts. We live in south FL, so would be more concerned about sweating.
I love that the cables are velcroed up in the back. I pulled out enough to plug everything in to my surge protector and tied the rest up in the attached velcro. Everything tucks nicely away do there is no mess of wires behind our seating. Since our room is dual purpose with a play area behind, the hidden wires is a big deal.
If there is one bothersome thing it's the cup holder coolers. They always seem to get turned on and left in. I go through and periodically check them to make sure they are off. But I think a future generation of this cup holder could use a remote switch for the cooler.
Everything else is great.
Another member mentioned the seats being wobbly. I am 6' 220 and I did not find the seats or seat backs to be wobbly. The fit and finish is nice.
The leather is not as shiny as it appears in photos. I would say semi gloss or maybe slightly less shiny than semigloss. They photograph as high gloss. I would not want glossy leather. Others had mentioned they were not glossy and I'm glad to find that is the case.
The chairs are wide. When I sit in a single chair there is ample room on either side of me. When my littlest minions want to climb in with me there is plenty of room for them.
We watched most of season one of daredevil in these seats over the last week. It's been very enjoyable.
Oh one other notable thing, these are taller than other types of seating.
These chairs are most comfortable in the reclined seating positions. You do not primarily recline, the Sitting angle (straight up) may not be ideal. The back does not begin to recline until after the foot begins to raise. We got these as lounging recliners, so they are great for us.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9337_1502126121547.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	2.38 MB
ID:	2264238  
post #1515 of 1529 Old 08-07-2017, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Well sadly my theater room is not as elaborate as many in here. But it works for enjoying some family movie time.
I love these Escapes. They are firm but still very comfortable.
The leather is soft and acclimated to body temp quickly. So they are not too hot or cold to sit in, even in shorts. We live in south FL, so would be more concerned about sweating.
I love that the cables are velcroed up in the back. I pulled out enough to plug everything in to my surge protector and tied the rest up in the attached velcro. Everything tucks nicely away do there is no mess of wires behind our seating. Since our room is dual purpose with a play area behind, the hidden wires is a big deal.
If there is one bothersome thing it's the cup holder coolers. They always seem to get turned on and left in. I go through and periodically check them to make sure they are off. But I think a future generation of this cup holder could use a remote switch for the cooler.
Everything else is great.
Another member mentioned the seats being wobbly. I am 6' 220 and I did not find the seats or seat backs to be wobbly. The fit and finish is nice.
The leather is not as shiny as it appears in photos. I would say semi gloss or maybe slightly less shiny than semigloss. They photograph as high gloss. I would not want glossy leather. Others had mentioned they were not glossy and I'm glad to find that is the case.
The chairs are wide. When I sit in a single chair there is ample room on either side of me. When my littlest minions want to climb in with me there is plenty of room for them.
We watched most of season one of daredevil in these seats over the last week. It's been very enjoyable.
Oh one other notable thing, these are taller than other types of seating.
These chairs are most comfortable in the reclined seating positions. You do not primarily recline, the Sitting angle (straight up) may not be ideal. The back does not begin to recline until after the foot begins to raise. We got these as lounging recliners, so they are great for us.

Name:  IMG_9338.JPG
Views: 345
Size:  511.5 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dsettlemoir likes this.
post #1516 of 1529 Old 08-09-2017, 07:35 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Tom,

Thank you for your detail review.
trbizwiz1 likes this.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1517 of 1529 Old 08-09-2017, 08:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 88
It occurs to me, don't think I ever posted a pic, so I'll add a review from just over a year into a set of Jives. I went with them as I have a very low knee wall narrowing my effective room width. The Jives on a curve with a middle love seat config fit well (have to bend just a bit when walking around them). Even being the ogre size guy I am (6' 7" and back at 360 for now due to a foot injury preventing running), the Jives are quite comfy. My legs do get a bit antsy during marathon sessions, but that'd be true with pretty much any recliner out there; I've never seen one to fit my legs. So a year on and still going great with the Jives, and they get plenty of use.

As for Roman, his rep around here is well deserved. He was incredibly helpful during the whole process despite the zillion questions I had. Plus, I did have one faulty power supply in the original shipment, and Roman had a replacement on the way to me within a couple hours of emailing him.

Overall, still thrilled with the Jives, and given the choice I'd buy 'em again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0079.JPG (499.6 KB, 93 views)

Remember, no matter where you go... You're not where you were anymore.
post #1518 of 1529 Old 08-11-2017, 03:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moebius View Post
It occurs to me, don't think I ever posted a pic, so I'll add a review from just over a year into a set of Jives. I went with them as I have a very low knee wall narrowing my effective room width. The Jives on a curve with a middle love seat config fit well (have to bend just a bit when walking around them). Even being the ogre size guy I am (6' 7" and back at 360 for now due to a foot injury preventing running), the Jives are quite comfy. My legs do get a bit antsy during marathon sessions, but that'd be true with pretty much any recliner out there; I've never seen one to fit my legs. So a year on and still going great with the Jives, and they get plenty of use.

As for Roman, his rep around here is well deserved. He was incredibly helpful during the whole process despite the zillion questions I had. Plus, I did have one faulty power supply in the original shipment, and Roman had a replacement on the way to me within a couple hours of emailing him.

Overall, still thrilled with the Jives, and given the choice I'd buy 'em again.
chairs look great. Nice setup. I like the Jives too. perfect fit for my room and comfortable. Sometimes we end up watching movies in the back row too-so I have been switching my seating preferences lately. I like the fact the back head rest is a bit lower than my other chairs- which I think kinda blocks out some of the surround activity. so far so good.
post #1519 of 1529 Old 08-11-2017, 03:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Attachment 2264246

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
very nice. they do look very comfortable.
post #1520 of 1529 Old 08-14-2017, 12:10 PM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Moebius,

Just curious - what is that on the top of the popcorn machine there?

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1521 of 1529 Old 08-15-2017, 07:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Moebius,

Just curious - what is that on the top of the popcorn machine there?
A collection of buckets from the theater. The local chain here has been running specials with them for a couple years. First they were metal emobossed tins (the round ones), then they moved to a square plastic tub. So for example, in the pic, the white, round one on the bottom is Minions, and the square one shoved in the top is Guardians of the Galaxy 2. One of my last items left to do in the theater is build a cabinet by the popcorn machine that will hold the popcorn and supplies.
rsh and dsettlemoir like this.

post #1522 of 1529 Old 08-17-2017, 09:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'm in the market for seats and have read all the great reviews here, but am not sure on 2 choices:

1) Curved or straight? I'm looking for at least 4 seats and have 20 feet of room, so either will fit. Just not sure what the advantage is of one over the other.

2) We have 4 dogs that think they're human and do not lie on the floor. They small to mid-size, but I worry about scratching the cover and I really don't want to have to worry about putting blankets or other covering on top of the chairs. So I need to know where bonded or real leather would be best. They don't scratch, so it would just be more the motion of jumping on or off the chairs.

Thanks.
post #1523 of 1529 Old 08-18-2017, 06:15 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

3pointers,

Your room is quite wide, and it actually can accommodate curved rows of 5 even with our widest Escape-1019 recliners, and will still leave you with about 2.5' isles on the sides. There are advantages and disadvantages of straight vs. curved rows

Here are the PROs and CONs:

* Straight rows are narrower (does not matter in your case)
* Straight rows can be reconfigured if needed. For example:
row of 4 straight IO IOI OI OI ------> IOIOIOIOI can be reconfigured into IOOI IOIOI
* Curved rows are wider, but have wedges in between the seats, and those have more real estate in the back for your elbow, making it easier to share that space with someone sitting next to you.
* with the wide row of seats the outside chairs (if the screen is not large enough) may end up outside of the screen borders, and the curved configuration will have those seats pointing towards the middle of the screen providing more comfortable viewing experience. Basically people seating there would not need to turn their heads towards the middle of the screen and have a neck pain after two hours of watching a movie.
* curved configurations will have more theatrical look
trbizwiz1 likes this.

Roman
rtheaters.com

Last edited by rsh; 08-18-2017 at 06:18 AM.
post #1524 of 1529 Old 08-18-2017, 08:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pointers View Post
I'm in the market for seats and have read all the great reviews here, but am not sure on 2 choices:

1) Curved or straight? I'm looking for at least 4 seats and have 20 feet of room, so either will fit. Just not sure what the advantage is of one over the other.

2) We have 4 dogs that think they're human and do not lie on the floor. They small to mid-size, but I worry about scratching the cover and I really don't want to have to worry about putting blankets or other covering on top of the chairs. So I need to know where bonded or real leather would be best. They don't scratch, so it would just be more the motion of jumping on or off the chairs.

Thanks.
Furniture is always susceptible to pet scratches, but in general I find leather to a bit more forgiving, and in general easier to repair. A good leather conditioner or the like can usually help "heal" light scratches.

For what it's worth, I have a set of Jives and two cats. While the cats have never tried to use them as a scratching post or the like, they do jump up on them, either lying down on the headrest or even occasionally on the cushion. One year in, they've not managed to make a scratch.

post #1525 of 1529 Old 08-20-2017, 05:03 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Both our bonded leather and top grain leather are quite scratch resistible.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1526 of 1529 Old 09-06-2017, 08:43 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Both our bonded leather and top grain leather are quite scratch resistible.
Hey Roman,

Is it possible to purchase the Escape series in a 4 chair configuration with both captain chairs on one side?

Like this?
|O\/O\/OO|

I'd prefer if I could get it curved as well. Is this possible?
post #1527 of 1529 Old 09-07-2017, 04:55 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Yes, it is.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #1528 of 1529 Old 09-07-2017, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Yes, it is.
What would be the total width with one loveseat on the side like that?

Also, where would the controls be? Could the controls all be on the arms? (and none tucked down into the cushion)
post #1529 of 1529 Old 09-07-2017, 10:14 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Well, it would depend how you set it up in terms of angle to the screen, but roughly it should be similar to
IOVOOVOI configuration which is 134" wide.

Roman
rtheaters.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page