1Likes

post #151 of 895 Old 03-06-2012, 04:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarr2k View Post

Ok. Just received my four Tribute Chairs, Brown, Leather/Vinyl match. I pulled one out of the box because I could not contain myself. The other 3 are waiting until we get the new theater room carpeted before they are unboxed.

First 5-minute impressions:

The color is fantastic, love the brown. The leather feels very nice and good quality. They look absolutely fantastic in person. This chair definitely gives off the vibe of "classy" and has a nice touch of style. The stitching looks incredible.

Seating:
They are very comfortable, plenty of room in the seat, the arm-rests feel very nice and are quite wide for a space saving chair (I'm 6', 220lbs). They have a nice firmness when you sit in them, not too hard but you definitely feel they have good support. When they recline they are very smooth and quiet. I also VERY VERY MUCH enjoy the headrest cushioning. At first I could not figure out how the "manual headrests" worked, so I e-mailed Roman. After a couple back and forth e-mails, I realized my mistake. You actually pull on the top portion of the chair headrest and it actually bends. My error was that I was afraid I would break the chair but you definitely have to give them a little nudge and they bend quite a bit. When you get to the reclined position you want, you reach behind the headrest/back of chair for that matter and bend it forward and it will actually bend. The pivot point or where it bends is about 6" down from the top of the cushioning. (Should be able to tell from the pics). This will allow you to be fully reclined and prop your head up just like you had a pillow. The nice thing is that it will stay like this even if you have to move your head, unlike a pillow. My only concern might be how well the bending of the headrest holds up to every day use.

I like the tray tables although they are just plastic and feel a little cheap. I also notice that when you put the tray tables into the storage of the arms you need to make sure the top portion (wood grain side) is against the chair closest to your body, otherwise they door will not shut. The mechanism hits the table. NO biggie though.

The storage door arm is a bit anxious to pop up sometimes, especially when I was trying to carry the chair. They seem to lay down ok once you get the chair positioned.

The cup holders feel fine and look nice.

Again, I can't say how nice it is to be fully reclined and have your head perfectly positioned to watch the screen. My only concern is that I will probably be falling asleep in these things.

Feel free to PM me if you have more questions and once I get them fully setup in the theater room, I plan to give some feedback once I get to using them. I would not hesitate to recommend these.

Two more cell pics to give you an idea of how the head rest bends. First one is with no bend, the second is all the way bent. Realize this is with the chair not reclined so it looks a little funny.
LL
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 895 Old 03-06-2012, 05:08 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:

Two more cell pics to give you an idea of how the head rest bends. First one is with no bend, the second is all the way bent. Realize this is with the chair not reclined so it looks a little funny.

Very interesting, thanks for the pics!

I didn't realize the whole top of the seat adjusted! I just thought the "pillow" part adjusted. I wonder if this is how the Escapes adjust as well?

So... I am about 6'0", 220lbs... How about a pic of YOU in the chair for reference purposes?! I would LOVE to see where your feet end up in the reclined positions, and your head as well.

I own Coaster Showtimes, and have always been unhappy with where my calves end up on the end of the foot rest.

Thanks in advance!
post #153 of 895 Old 03-06-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fst96se View Post

I didn't realize the whole top of the seat adjusted! I just thought the "pillow" part adjusted. I wonder if this is how the Escapes adjust as well?

So... I am about 6'0", 220lbs... How about a pic of YOU in the chair for reference purposes?! I would LOVE to see where your feet end up in the reclined positions, and your head as well.

I own Coaster Showtimes, and have always been unhappy with where my calves end up on the end of the foot rest.

Thanks in advance!

Here you go.
LL
post #154 of 895 Old 03-06-2012, 09:56 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:

Here you go.

Excellent, thanks! Nice socks, BTW.

That seat actually looks like it fits you perfectly. In the picture, the headrest is NOT up, correct? And is that at full recline?

Looks great!
post #155 of 895 Old 03-07-2012, 04:35 AM

Quote:

Excellent, thanks! Nice socks, BTW.

That seat actually looks like it fits you perfectly. In the picture, the headrest is NOT up, correct? And is that at full recline?

Looks great!

Yes fully reclined. no headrest was not tilted all the way up.
post #156 of 895 Old 03-07-2012, 05:24 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:

Thanks in advance!

The escapes only adjust the middle pillow portion
post #157 of 895 Old 03-07-2012, 04:00 PM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Sean,

Just in case you did not know - the Tribute-1015 and Lagoon1011 cup holders have stainless still inserts. These are removable for easy cleaning.

Roman
rtheaters.com
Fusion Collection Seating
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #158 of 895 Old 03-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Here are some pics of the 4 escapes. So far i love them. The one change i would make is when you press the red lock button the other blue lights should go out. When you unlock it the lights go back on. That would be the perfect solution for the slight distraction that they can cause when in a very dark room.
LL
LL
LL

Dan Webster
Never stop upgrading!

Updated Theater Pictures

post #159 of 895 Old 03-08-2012, 04:31 PM
Advanced Member

A few more. Here is where the buttkickers are installed.
LL

Dan Webster
Never stop upgrading!

Updated Theater Pictures

post #160 of 895 Old 03-08-2012, 04:36 PM
Advanced Member

More
LL

Dan Webster
Never stop upgrading!

Updated Theater Pictures

post #161 of 895 Old 03-08-2012, 04:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
I'm starting to really think about getting a couple rows of the Escapes in a curved formation. What do people think about the butt kickers? I am going to have to try to find some locally to try out (the butt kickers).
post #162 of 895 Old 03-08-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan webster View Post

Here are some pics of the 4 escapes. So far i love them. The one change i would make is when you press the red lock button the other blue lights should go out. When you unlock it the lights go back on. That would be the perfect solution for the slight distraction that they can cause when in a very dark room.

Thanks for the pics.
I have 4 Escapes on the way in the leather match in a curved configuration.
I am anxious to see how good they are after reading all the positive feedback on them.

My Vintage style Home Theatre Build thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1400234/vintage-look-diy-theatre-build
post #163 of 895 Old 03-08-2012, 04:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGiovas View Post

I'm starting to really think about getting a couple rows of the Escapes in a curved formation. What do people think about the butt kickers? I am going to have to try to find some locally to try out (the butt kickers).

I had aura shakers on my last chairs. The buttkicker advanced imo are miles ahead of the aura shakers. Instead of feeling a shake in your butt the whole chair shakes. The responsiveness is much better as well. I am glad i spent the extra cash on 4 of them installed. I am using 2 parts express 240 watt plate amps to drive them. They work perfectly. That way i can turn 2 chairs off if someone (my wife ) does not want to watch a movie with them doing their thing.

Dan Webster
Never stop upgrading!

Updated Theater Pictures

post #164 of 895 Old 03-08-2012, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I had aura shakers on my last chairs. The buttkicker advanced imo are miles ahead of the aura shakers. Instead of feeling a shake in your butt the whole chair shakes. The responsiveness is much better as well. I am glad i spent the extra cash on 4 of them installed. I am using 2 parts express 240 watt plate amps to drive them. They work perfectly. That way i can turn 2 chairs off if someone (my wife ) does not want to watch a movie with them doing their thing.

Thanks for the info. I am going to have two rows of 4. I would probably only get the buttkickers on the front row since I won't always have people in the second row. I like the idea of being able to turn them on or off if needed.
post #165 of 895 Old 03-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Advanced Member

Eight escapes nice. The cost of having Roman install the buttkickers and isolation feet is about the same as buying them yourself. Buttkickers in front and none in back would be exactly how i would do it. I would love to have more escapes in back but the support poles in my basement make that very difficult. One other option you can consider to save some money is to have lagoons in the back. That would make the front row true premium seating.

Dan Webster
Never stop upgrading!

Updated Theater Pictures

post #166 of 895 Old 03-08-2012, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

One other option you can consider to save some money is to have lagoons in the back. That would make the front row true premium seating.

I was actually considering this as an option. The other thing that I considered was getting leather in the front row and bonded leather in the back row, but Roman said they wouldn't look the same, so I don't think that will be a good idea. I have some time to decide because I really don't have room to store 8 chairs, so I need to wait until I am closer to being finished before ordering them.
post #167 of 895 Old 03-12-2012, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

How do these Fusion's compare to the likes of Berkline or Lane? Price wise, they are comparable. Quality construction and comfort?
post #168 of 895 Old 03-12-2012, 01:21 PM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
mdrew,

We have various Berkline and Lane-103 recliners on the floor in our warehouse, so local customers can try them all before buying. Unless someone is on a really tight budget and want to take advantage of the fact that the Berkline chairs currently offer at such low price, they always choose Fusion Collection recliners over Berkline or Lane.

Roman
rtheaters.com
Fusion Collection Seating
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #169 of 895 Old 03-12-2012, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrew View Post

How do these Fusion's compare to the likes of Berkline or Lane? Price wise, they are comparable. Quality construction and comfort?

The Berkline imports were manufactured by the same company who is currently manufacturing the Fusions. Roman did state though he is using better technology so in all hopes it is/will be better.

As far as finish work, I will say the Fusions are better. I remember going to Roman's warehouse and being seriously turned off by the Berkline imports finish quality.
post #170 of 895 Old 03-12-2012, 02:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh View Post

mdrew,

We have various Berkline and Lane-103 recliners on the floor in our warehouse, so local customers can try them all before buying. Unless someone is on a really tight budget and want to take advantage of the fact that the Berkline chairs currently offer at such low price, they always choose Fusion Collection recliners over Berkline or Lane.

Thanks Roman. That's good to know, seeing how I can't swing by and check out the chairs. I did shoot you an email with my shipping address. Hopefully the shipping to Alaska will not be cost prohibitive.....

And just an observation from some of the pictures, the bonded leather looks to be quite good, and at least to me, looks better.
post #171 of 895 Old 03-12-2012, 09:11 PM

For those interested in how the Tributes look as a set, here are six in black leather/vinyl that I received last week. After a weekend, I can say that I still like them a lot. They are comfortable and I am 6' 2" (long torso).

I give a little longer review when I get a little more seat time.

Chris
LL
LL
post #172 of 895 Old 03-13-2012, 10:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crb667 View Post

For those interested in how the Tributes look as a set, here are six in black leather/vinyl that I received last week. After a weekend, I can say that I still like them a lot. They are comfortable and I am 6' 2" (long torso).

I give a little longer review when I get a little more seat time.

Chris

Nice setup.

I have a small HT I'm trying to squeeze maximum seating into, but still want fullsize chairs - maybe even Escapes in a curved format.

Can you provide some room dimension and chair placement (plaform size, view distance from screen w/size) specs? Do you think your platform is at the minimum depth possible for those chairs?

Coolplazma's HT Den project. Early project info. Needs update with final results.
post #173 of 895 Old 03-13-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolplazma View Post

Nice setup.

I have a small HT I'm trying to squeeze maximum seating into, but still want fullsize chairs - maybe even Escapes in a curved format.

Can you provide some room dimension and chair placement (plaform size, view distance from screen w/size) specs? Do you think your platform is at the minimum depth possible for those chairs?

Thanks.

I'll take some pictures with the chairs extended. The platform is 6 ft deep and 1 ft tall. The rows of chairs are currently spaced 6 ft apart. That puts the extended footrest of the back row a few inched from the extended flat back of the front row. This is not ideal, but acceptable given you don't have to recline the front row all the way back.
post #174 of 895 Old 03-13-2012, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Crb667 I am interested to hear your review of the Tributes. I am interested in them now as well. To me the pictures make them look like they are a "firm" chair, is this the case? Whereas the Lagoons that Roman has look more "soft/plush". I dont really want a firm chair and would prefer one that is plush however if you are not careful a cheap plush seat will collapse with team leaving you a chair with no support.

Also someone a while back here mentioned one of the other models did not contour the body well. When sitting in the chair does your lower back contact the seat all the way down or is there a gap near the bottom? Not a big deal but over time this could become uncomfortable.
Mazeroth likes this.

Irish Copper Top Tavern & Theater

Theater Build Version 2.0 LOOK HERE

Cuzed Approved C.C.C. (Certified Column Counselor)

XBOX Live: Zz NiNj4 D4D zZ
post #175 of 895 Old 03-13-2012, 05:38 PM

Thanks for the tribute feedback guys.

Just got off the phone with Roman. Trying to make up my mind- escape's or tribute's. He said he has sold and shipped a lot of the tribute lately, hopefully some of these buyers will post some additional feedback here...
post #176 of 895 Old 03-13-2012, 05:58 PM

I just ordered 7 Tributes (4 in front, 3 in back) and will be happy to provide my detailed feedback when I get them installed.

I almost sprung for the Escapes, but couldn't justify the premium on price. I'm a little unsure on the manual pull forward head rest. I also didn't want to spend the extra few inches in my room that's only 12 feet wide.
post #177 of 895 Old 03-13-2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madHDuser View Post

I just ordered 7 Tributes (4 in front, 3 in back) and will be happy to provide my detailed feedback when I get them installed.

I almost sprung for the Escapes, but couldn't justify the premium on price. I'm a little unsure on the manual pull forward head rest. I also didn't want to spend the extra few inches in my room that's only 12 feet wide.

Thanks. Look forward to hearing from you.
post #178 of 895 Old 03-13-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotboz View Post

Thanks for the tribute feedback guys.

Just got off the phone with Roman. Trying to make up my mind- escape's or tribute's. He said he has sold and shipped a lot of the tribute lately, hopefully some of these buyers will post some additional feedback here...

I believe the first phase of buyers would probably only have had the tributes for about a week or less now. I'm sure more reviews will come in shortly. I'm still waiting to get them setup in my room, but I definitely do not have any regrets. They look and feel great.
post #179 of 895 Old 03-13-2012, 06:07 PM

post #180 of 895 Old 03-13-2012, 06:09 PM

The top of the chair actually bends below the headrest in the back. I would suggest you practice while standing to see how it works then it will make sense once your seated. I at first pulled only on the pillow of the headrest until I figured it out after speaking with roman. They really do support your head well. Good luck.
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page