2Likes

post #241 of 927 Old 05-01-2012, 07:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolsomEJ View Post

So, they are expected for delivery today. It feels like forever they have been in transit to get here. (4/19 shipped date...12 days).

They arrived nice and early in the day. They are everything I hoped they would be (except for the trays **). I was able to get the buttkickers wired up and everything is nice and tight.

Add my voice to the chorus - just buy these chairs - they are great. (Be prepared for a potentially long wait to get them...)

I really hope Roman can come up with a much better, replacement tray soon. I'd be happy to act as a beta tester for you!

Ed

** The trays - I'm revising my statements about the trays. Here's my full review:
1) The trays are a nice feature. Having something is better than having no tray at all.
2) The trays connect to the seats in a very tight, smooth manner. When not connected, the attachment looks clean and attractive. The clearances on the post to the chair are very good.
3) The simulated wood grain is just so-so. I'd prefer a solid.
4) The construction of the trays is not up to the quality of the rest of the seating. The tray top is attached to a plastic bottom, with some form of foam center. The tray is not solid - it feels light and seems like it would not support significant weight. A snack plate, a drink - yes. Something more - not sure. The underside of the tray does not attach to the top seamlessly. You can see glue/foam at the junction, when you flip the tray upside down.
5) The tray will partially block the cup holder, even when turned fully outward. The tray is an oval shape, but overlaps the post enough to cause some blockage.
6) I consider the trays to be worth little in the overall price. I'd be very willing to pay a premium to replace these trays with something more substantial and attractive. An all metal solution, matching the cup holders/post/stand would be a very good option. All black would also be good.
7) I have not reviewed these trays in relation to other options - I've never seen another tray. These are my thoughts about what it would take to make the trays just as good as these exceptional seats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 927 Old 05-01-2012, 07:56 PM

Liked: 17
Had my Lagoons for a week now. 6 or 7 movies later, I still love them. +1 on the tray comment but since most chairs don't come with trays anyway, I don't see that as a negative. Wouldn't be too hard to make some replacements if you're crafty with a router.
post #243 of 927 Old 05-02-2012, 05:33 AM

Looks like I will be going with the Brown Leather Tribute, will be reaching out to Roman hopefully today.

2 rows of 3 for me. Funny part is I still have not bought Speakers or AVR yet. This was the easiest decision.
post #244 of 927 Old 05-02-2012, 07:52 AM

Good choice. Sitting on the floor on pillows I found to be less than optimal. It also takes a while to get there via LTL Freight. Mine only took 5 days from NY to TX, but I think that's the exception to the rule. Shipping Monday, delivering residential on Friday.
post #245 of 927 Old 05-02-2012, 08:57 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

Mine only took 5 days from NY to TX, but I think that's the exception to the rule. Shipping Monday, delivering residential on Friday.

Actually it is usual time frame for shipping from NJ to TX, and in most cases even when we have to ship all the way to west cost it does not take more then 5-7 business days, but sometimes hiccups (broken trucks, errors in scheduling on the trucking companies side, etc) happen, and unfortunately they are out of our control.

Roman
rtheaters.com
Fusion Collection Seating
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #246 of 927 Old 05-02-2012, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt5094 View Post

Good choice. Sitting on the floor on pillows I found to be less than optimal. It also takes a while to get there via LTL Freight. Mine only took 5 days from NY to TX, but I think that's the exception to the rule. Shipping Monday, delivering residential on Friday.

I am a few hours away in Western Mass so although I am not in a huge rush I do not think it will take that long.

Looking forward to getting them, ordering Speakers hopefully tomorrow morning, now I have to decide on the AVR and find some speaker stands.
post #247 of 927 Old 05-03-2012, 11:44 AM

Got the seats in yesterday! Holy cow were they heavy... Watched Terminator 2 yesterday on one of the chairs and I was soooooo relaxed and into the movie. Usually I'm fidgeting all the time in other seats, but in these Escapes it was nice and serene. Here's some photos of them

post #248 of 927 Old 05-03-2012, 03:52 PM

Liked: 13
Very nice!!
post #249 of 927 Old 05-05-2012, 07:18 PM

Liked: 11
what price do you guys pay for each seat? Or can you not say?
post #250 of 927 Old 05-06-2012, 04:46 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Just email Roman and he will give you all the details about whatever seat you want.

post #251 of 927 Old 05-06-2012, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatChuk View Post

Got the seats in yesterday! Holy cow were they heavy...

Wife and I had to haul our four up our curved staircase to the second floor. We have high ceilings in the bottom floor so it was more like a floor and a half. We were smart enough to haul the bottoms and the back separately.
post #252 of 927 Old 05-08-2012, 05:01 PM

Just got my Brown Leather Tributes today, so far I unloaded 4 ends, still have the 2 middle ones to go. I used my kids wagon to get them to the garage, they were heavier than I thought they would be. I brought the 4 ends upstairs to my bonus room over the garage, still building up strength to try the 2 middle chairs, I might tape the storage tops down, that is the part that makes it difficult.

I am absolutely floored at the quality of these compared to the furniture stores, I would highly encourage anyone on the fence to go with these. I agree with the comments on the trays being flimsy, but honestly I do not see myself ever using them.

Thank you Roman, it was an absolute pleasure doing business with you, I will let any and every one I know in the market to reach out to you!!!!!!!!!!
post #253 of 927 Old 05-08-2012, 05:55 PM

Just brought up the 2 middle ones, I highly suggest you use blue painters tape to hold down the storage arms if your moving these up stairs by yourself, it makes it much easier. I would even do it if 2 of us were moving them, it was much easier.
post #254 of 927 Old 05-08-2012, 09:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Can anyone, maybe Roman, break down the differences in each model?

Thanks

Onkyo 818, Emotiva Amp
B&W CT700 Series Speakers, (2) PowerSound Audio XS30s
Custom HTPC running Mediabrowser, 12TB Server for storage
post #255 of 927 Old 05-09-2012, 07:00 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

colleycol,

Here is a description of the Fusion Collection Theater Seating...

Common features across the line are:

1. Contemporary design
2. Wallaway feature - only requires 4-6 inches of wall clearance
3. Easily removable backs
4. Chaise design that provides full head-to-toe support
5. Pocketed spring coil cushion for the best support and comfort available
6. Power recline that allows the chair to be stopped at any desired position
7. Extra plush back padding with great lumbar support
8. Generously sized two part cup holders with stainless steel insert removable for easy cleaning (the Escape-1019 has different cup holders)
9. Available in latest generation all bonded leather and leather/vinyl combination
10. Available in BLACK and EXPRESSO BROWN colors

The Lagoon-1011 has narrow footprint that will allow to place more chairs in the small room.

The Jive-1013 is the smallest recliner and will have the smallest footprint allowing again placing more chairs in the really small room. Jive-1013 adds storage compartments and new aluminum trays that can be mounted on top of the armrests.

Both Lagoon-1011 and Jive-1013 have articulated headrest (not adjustable) for better support in the reclined position.

The Tribute-1015 in addition to all listed features (the tray is plastic, not aluminum) adds manually adjustable headrest that can be bent up to 30 degrees providing great pillow like head support.

The Escape-1019 adds bucket seating, motorized headrest and integrated power cup holder with all controls (heat activated) on the rim of the cup holder and a controllable cooler.

I hope this helps.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #256 of 927 Old 05-10-2012, 09:04 AM

Quote:

Wife and I had to haul our four up our curved staircase to the second floor. We have high ceilings in the bottom floor so it was more like a floor and a half. We were smart enough to haul the bottoms and the back separately.

Yeah I muscled them to the stairs leading to the basement and did a controlled slide (With me up front) downstairs. These chairs are soooooooooooooooooooo comfortable.
post #257 of 927 Old 05-10-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatChuk View Post

Yeah I muscled them to the stairs leading to the basement and did a controlled slide (With me up front) downstairs. These chairs are soooooooooooooooooooo comfortable.

Wish I was going DOWN stairs, I had to go up, the middle ones were the heaviest, had to go a few step at a time with those.
post #258 of 927 Old 05-10-2012, 10:38 AM

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh View Post

Both Lagoon-1011 and Jive-1013 have articulated headrest (not adjustable) for better support in the reclined position.

Does this mean the headrest gradually pops up as the chair is reclined? If they are not adjustable then I'd love to hear feedback from anyone with Lagoon's about that feature. Does it prop the head up the right amount for good viewing angles? How tall are you and how well does the headrest align with your head? Thx.
post #259 of 927 Old 05-10-2012, 10:43 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

It doesn't pop up, but because of the top part of the back shape when you recline into the most commonly used position and rest your head on the back of the chair it keeps your head in the position where you are looking at the screen and not at the ceiling.

Of course, because it is adjustable you cannot change the viewing angle while changing the reclining position, but it is still much better comparing to a flat more of a straight shape back.

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #260 of 927 Old 05-10-2012, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh View Post

Sorry, I'm still a bit confused. Above you say the articulated headrest is not adjustable. Are you saying not power adjustable? Can the headrest be manually pulled forward into a forward position??
post #261 of 927 Old 05-11-2012, 02:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
^ No

The Tribute headrest can be manually pulled forward into different positions.
The Escape has power headrests.
The Jive and Lagoon headrests are stationary.

I believe he is saying those chairs have headrests that are "articulated" out a bit which (when reclined)gives your head a bit of a lift to see the screen rather than standard straighter back chairs

Irish Copper Top Tavern & Theater

Theater Build Version 2.0 LOOK HERE

Cuzed Approved C.C.C. (Certified Column Counselor)

XBOX Live: Zz NiNj4 D4D zZ
post #262 of 927 Old 05-11-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iusteve View Post

I believe he is saying those chairs have headrests that are "articulated" out a bit which (when reclined)gives your head a bit of a lift to see the screen rather than standard straighter back chairs

So articulated = extra padding vs articulated = pivoting headrest.
post #263 of 927 Old 05-11-2012, 09:34 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

It is not only extra padding, but also how the top of the chair back is designed...

Roman
rtheaters.com
post #264 of 927 Old 05-14-2012, 08:34 AM

Someone mentioned giving us a picture of the 3 seat (couch) version of the lagoon's but never showed it. Could someone who has this setup tell me, are you able to lay across the 3 seats comfortably like a couch, or are the seats more of a bucket design and would be bumpy to lay on that way.
post #265 of 927 Old 05-14-2012, 08:43 AM

Quote:

^ No

The Tribute headrest can be manually pulled forward into different positions.
The Escape has power headrests.
The Jive and Lagoon headrests are stationary.

My Lagoon head rests are electric and have their own controls so you can recline then set the headrest to support your head at the best angle. Love these seats. Need 4 more soon. Don't know about the other models.
post #266 of 927 Old 05-14-2012, 10:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

My Lagoon head rests are electric and have their own controls so you can recline then set the headrest to support your head at the best angle. Love these seats. Need 4 more soon. Don't know about the other models.

This fully contradicts what Roman and others are saying
post #267 of 927 Old 05-14-2012, 11:29 AM

Judging by Bullitts build thread he has Escape's not Lagoons

*edit Another quick question. Has anyone had any experience with either of the fabric types vs. a cat? My old office chair has more holes than....something with a lot of holes....so didn't know if anyone had any experience. (The cat only has back claws so it isn't like he'd be using it as a scratching post)

**edit looks like someone made a comment about cats earlier, nevermind
post #268 of 927 Old 05-14-2012, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
He has Escapes. The Lagoon does NOT have electric headrests.

Irish Copper Top Tavern & Theater

Theater Build Version 2.0 LOOK HERE

Cuzed Approved C.C.C. (Certified Column Counselor)

XBOX Live: Zz NiNj4 D4D zZ
post #269 of 927 Old 05-15-2012, 01:19 PM

I just ordered 6 Fusions black leather combo with butt kickers in 3 with amp. Roman has been great over the last month helping me narrow it down. The wire was sent today. I cant wait to see them. I will post pics when they arrive.
post #270 of 927 Old 05-15-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:

He has Escapes. The Lagoon does NOT have electric headrests.

Started to order the Lagoons, go the Escapes. My bad.
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page