Recent Theater Seat Vendor Reviews? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 18 Old 01-05-2012, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking to buy some theater chairs.

I've contacted Roman and he doesn't have any manual reclines available. I'm now looking for another reliable/respected vendor.

Does anyone on the board have any recommendations?

I searched and most of the reviews I found were a few years old.

Thanks for the info!

Trey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 01-06-2012, 05:57 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Trey,

I did not say that the manual recliners are not available. I said that I did not stock the manual recliners. These are two different things...

Roman
rtheaters.com
Fusion Collection Seating
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #3 of 18 Old 01-06-2012, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

Didn't mean it like that, I know you told me you can order them. By "unavailable" I meant out of your stock.

Guess it was a poor choice of words.My apologies.
post #4 of 18 Old 01-06-2012, 08:08 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 606
You absolutely want power recline, trust me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PROJECTS:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 18 Old 01-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post

You absolutely want power recline, trust me.

Two points

1) I wasn't sold on power until I got mine. Now I wouldn't be without power recline. It's that good.

2). ALWAYS trust Big's advice!

post #6 of 18 Old 01-06-2012, 08:30 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 606
If you can't afford to get power on all the chairs at least get them for the ones used most often. Sadly a lot of HT viewing takes place with only 1-2 occupants.

PROJECTS:

post #7 of 18 Old 01-07-2012, 07:56 AM - Thread Starter

Well the thing is I would like to have power reclines.

Only problem is I didn't figure for them when I put in my outlets. I have columns with outlets in them and the cord would run across the walkway between the recliners and the column. So I was trying to avoid that.

If I can figure a good way to "hide" the cord I'd without a doubt be grabbing a powered seat.

Thanks for the input.

Trey
post #8 of 18 Old 01-07-2012, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter

Has anyone else ran into a problem with the cords? I'm sure most figure it in when they are building the riser etc. I, however, did not.

Sure wish I had now.

Wonder how one of those cord protectors would look?
post #9 of 18 Old 01-07-2012, 09:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by alittletank View Post

Two points

1) I wasn't sold on power until I got mine. Now I wouldn't be without power recline. It's that good.

2). ALWAYS trust Big's advice!

DEFINITELY POWER RECLINE!!!

I got these in the Samsclub store 12/14 and didn't pay shipping. LOVE them...

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/pr...168&navAction=
post #10 of 18 Old 01-11-2012, 07:48 AM
GWZ

Hi I just received 5 Lane 176 Matrix (brown, bonded, power) row of 3 and a row of 2. from **************** AKA HTOutlet. They came a day earlier than promised and were VERY well packed. Complete boxes with corner reinforcements both inside and out. I even asked for free lighted cup holders and the lady I was speaking to cheerfully said sure! Sure enough 2 small boxes were squeezed between a couple of the chairs that contained 7 lighted cup holders. No problems with any part of the transaction at all. Have them unpacked and the wife and I lugged them to the basement but not set up yet.
The $199 white glove delivery might be worth considering....I've got 2 wooden pallets and a pickup bed of cardboard to take to the recycle. For that $199 someone else could have unpacked, lugged down to the basement, set up, and hauled off all the packing
GZ
post #11 of 18 Old 02-11-2013, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWZ View Post

Hi I just received 5 Lane 176 Matrix (brown, bonded, power) row of 3 and a row of 2. from **************** AKA HTOutlet. They came a day earlier than promised and were VERY well packed. Complete boxes with corner reinforcements both inside and out. I even asked for free lighted cup holders and the lady I was speaking to cheerfully said sure! Sure enough 2 small boxes were squeezed between a couple of the chairs that contained 7 lighted cup holders. No problems with any part of the transaction at all. Have them unpacked and the wife and I lugged them to the basement but not set up yet.

The $199 white glove delivery might be worth considering....I've got 2 wooden pallets and a pickup bed of cardboard to take to the recycle. For that $199 someone else could have unpacked, lugged down to the basement, set up, and hauled off all the packing

GZ

Can you post some pics? I've very Interested In those seats too.

Thanks!

Video Games, 3D, and Home Theater Forever! ^_^

post #12 of 18 Old 02-11-2013, 10:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 354
For someone just starting to look into seats, why is power recline so desirable?

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (
)
Curator,

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

post #13 of 18 Old 02-11-2013, 10:24 AM
Advanced Member

Power recline... It is just that good. Until you try it you won't understand.

Power recline is like a DVR, dual climate control in your car, or a smartphone, they are all things I won't ever be without now that I've had them.

post #14 of 18 Old 02-11-2013, 01:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittletank View Post

Power recline... It is just that good. Until you try it you won't understand.

Power recline is like a DVR, dual climate control in your car, or a smartphone, they are all things I won't ever be without now that I've had them.

Maybe I'm just ignorant of what it actually does. Does it just make it easier for you to lean back?

Josh Z
)
Curator,

post #15 of 18 Old 02-11-2013, 02:22 PM
Advanced Member

It allows you to recline, stop and hold steady at any position instead of two predetermined positions that manual recliners offer. I often make small adjustments during a movie to a more or less reclined position. If it was just a different way to get to a reclined position then it would be a waste of money.

post #16 of 18 Old 02-11-2013, 05:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 357
Quote:

It allows you to recline, stop and hold steady at any position instead of two predetermined positions that manual recliners offer. I often make small adjustments during a movie to a more or less reclined position. If it was just a different way to get to a reclined position then it would be a waste of money.

+1. And it's too bad there's really not a better name for it, as it comes off sounding like "power door locks". Maybe "Motorized Variable Position Recline". Or, "super awesome". wink.gif

Josh, as you get into this you'll find out that the motorized recline is actually fairly inexpensive (like $100/seat), and yes, it's the "any recline position inbetween" that makes it absolutely a must have. I use at least three different recline zones depending on how tired I am and what snacks I'm consuming... biggrin.gif

Jeff

-- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos:

post #17 of 18 Old 02-11-2013, 09:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

OK, thanks.

Josh Z
)
Curator,

post #18 of 18 Old 02-12-2013, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

Power recline is nice but can be expensive. The statement above is untrue. If you buy a typical manual recliner with fixed stopped positions then yes there is an issue with trying to recline the chairs at the "in between" points. In a chair with a good manual recline mechanism, one that is counterbalanced, one can easily recline in any position they would like. One is not limited to "fixed" positions, much like power recline.

Power again is nice but once the "wow" factor wears off it's nothing special. More to break in the chairs, power cords running across the floor to the outlet in many cases, etc. So there are plus and minuses to power recline. A good manual recline will do the same thing, just do not get a fixed position recliner or a chair with a cheaper recline mechanism.

Serge Breton
htauthority.com
Home Theater Authority
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page