Fusion Lagoon in Bonded Leather - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 01-18-2012, 04:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone purchased the bonded leather in the Fusion chairs that Roman has? There is not a lot of difference in price. It is hard to make a decision without seeing both materials in person. The deciding factor would be which material is the most durable.

I have read that the newer bonded leather is better than previous versions, and maybe more durable than leather.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-18-2012, 08:46 AM

I'm really in the same boat here. I'm trying to get 5 seats for less than 3k, and the only way to do it is with Bonded leather. I would have to go to about $3500 to get the Palliser Bullet which are real leather.

Feedback would be appreciated

Pioneer VSX-1121-k
Epson 3010 projector
Panasonic DMP-BDT210
Monoprice cables for inwall
BlueRigger - cables for device connectivity
post #3 of 8 Old 01-18-2012, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

I was hoping to get a little better responce. Maybe most people on here has leather. The word bonded leather does not bother me. I would just like some user feedback. I mean, leather chairs have vinyl, the bonded leather is covering the whole chair.

I want to to get the chairs ordered tomorrow, or the latest Friday. What is recommended on the extended 5 yr warranty?
post #4 of 8 Old 01-19-2012, 04:33 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalgeek View Post

I'm really in the same boat here. I'm trying to get 5 seats for less than 3k, and the only way to do it is with Bonded leather. I would have to go to about $3500 to get the Palliser Bullet which are real leather.

Feedback would be appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownalcohol View Post

I was hoping to get a little better responce. Maybe most people on here has leather. The word bonded leather does not bother me. I would just like some user feedback. I mean, leather chairs have vinyl, the bonded leather is covering the whole chair.

I want to to get the chairs ordered tomorrow, or the latest Friday. What is recommended on the extended 5 yr warranty?

Unfortunately I cannot help with the bonded leather option. I have the fusion in leather/match and really like the look/feel. I am sure you have already, but contact Roman for his opinion. He will be straight with you.
post #5 of 8 Old 01-20-2012, 06:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalJet View Post

Unfortunately I cannot help with the bonded leather option. I have the fusion in leather/match and really like the look/feel. I am sure you have already, but contact Roman for his opinion. He will be straight with you.

x2

I really like the feel of the leather and went with the Lagoons in leather. If you are on the fence then I have found Roman to be more than willing to share his experience and would trust his opinion.

post #6 of 8 Old 01-20-2012, 10:47 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
blownalcohol,

You always get a swatch samples and compare them for yourself...

Roman
rtheaters.com
Fusion Collection Seating
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #7 of 8 Old 01-20-2012, 01:33 PM

With the difference between bonded and regular leather being just $50 per chair, I went with regular leather. I've heard a lot of horror stories of bonded leather coming apart over time. The store we purchased from just had a return of a full set of "bonded" leather that was starting to come apart. The customer left with an order for the regular leather version of the same set-up. So I'm not so sure about the "new" bonded leather being more durable than regular leather.
post #8 of 8 Old 01-21-2012, 10:17 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

So I'm not so sure about the "new" bonded leather being more durable than regular leather.

While there are not too much statistics about newer bonded leathers out there yet, my personal experience has been very good so far. I tried to damage the swatch I have, and scratched it really hard, and could not even leave a mark on it. I also had a customer who went to our warehouse to thought that the chair in bonded leather that we had on the floor was a real leather...

Roman
rtheaters.com
Fusion Collection Seating
Ultimate Home Entertainment
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page