Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 01-21-2012, 06:49 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Strongly recommend considering power recliners...

Roman
rtheaters.com
Fusion Collection Seating
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #3 of 14 Old 01-21-2012, 07:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I agree with Roman that you should strongly consider power recline especially if the chairs are going in a dedicated theater room. Power gives you better control of your chair, infinite positions and, most importantly, allows you to lock the chair into position where you have a good viewing angle to your screen.

However, if you are on a strict budget of $1200, take a look at the following models:

Albany Capri- made in USA, nicely sized chair and great for the price
Coaster Pavillion- been around for a while, nice adjustable ratchet headrest
Palliser Pacifico- excellent brand name with excellent attention to detail, close to your budget in fabric/urethane blend called "Phoenix"

None of these models will come with LED Cup holders but you can add them in to the Albany and Palliser yourself fairly easily with after-market LED Cup holders. The stock holes in the Coaster's may be a little bit too small without doing some cutting.

Ken Lerch
StargateCinema.com
Home Theater Seating and Decor
HTSeating.com
Home Theater Seating

post #4 of 14 Old 01-21-2012, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Liked: 34
how about this?

RowOne Home Theater Seating "The Plaza" with Power in Black Bonded
post #5 of 14 Old 01-21-2012, 09:57 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 25
Yes, RowOne is making a very nice product. Here are some construction details you can use to compare to other brands.

Wall-Hugger Design requires only 4 inches from the wall (most home theater chairs will have this feature nowadays)
Shaped Padding on headrest for better head support and screen viewing
1.8 Density Foam (the same density foam Palliser is using)
Leggett and Platt Reclining Mechanisms (some companies are using a less expensive Cenro mechanism)
LuxCoil Pocketed Coil Spring Seating
Locking devices connect chairs together (standard on all pieces)

Plus the overall attention to detail has been better than expected. The chairs are finished on the underside, and the back flap tucks nicely under the bottom back of the of the seat where it is velcroed, the stitching is nicely done and the packaging is very good, the power cables are clipped neatly to the frame, etc. These are very minor things but it lets you know that some pride has gone into the design and manufacturing of the chairs and that they are just not slapped together.

Ken Lerch
StargateCinema.com
Home Theater Seating and Decor
HTSeating.com
Home Theater Seating

post #6 of 14 Old 02-05-2012, 06:06 AM

Liked: 10
does anybody know where i can find a review on home meridian regal theater seats sold at jc penny
post #7 of 14 Old 02-08-2012, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Finding HT seats review/info and stores can be a huge hassle. I'm not sure why information is so scarce since everyone must have at least a few in their home.

I live in Houston and finding a store that has several brands is quite the quest. Gallery Furniture sells their own stuff and have a few scarce Lane (and none with power recline!). Ashley furniture is widely considered the worst furniture store in the area so I won't set foot in there.
I just found a store called LeatherShoppes that has some Palliser so I'll try and check it out this weekend.

The tricky part for me is that I want a configuration of powered and curved o1o-Loveseat-o1o (the 'o' represent cup holders), but my room width is 164" and I have to find something that leaves around 15" on each side.
So my whole row of 4 can't be much more than 135".
post #8 of 14 Old 02-08-2012, 07:10 PM

I too am looking for the exact same setup, but I don't have a width constriction. It will be interesting to see what other suggest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakul View Post

Finding HT seats review/info and stores can be a huge hassle. I'm not sure why information is so scarce since everyone must have at least a few in their home.

I live in Houston and finding a store that has several brands is quite the quest. Gallery Furniture sells their own stuff and have a few scarce Lane (and none with power recline!). Ashley furniture is widely considered the worst furniture store in the area so I won't set foot in there.
I just found a store called LeatherShoppes that has some Palliser so I'll try and check it out this weekend.

The tricky part for me is that I want a configuration of powered and curved o1o-Loveseat-o1o (the 'o' represent cup holders), but my room width is 164" and I have to find something that leaves around 15" on each side.
So my whole row of 4 can't be much more than 135".

post #9 of 14 Old 02-08-2012, 08:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakul View Post

When I was shopping Gallery carried United Leather (based in Dallas). LeatherShoppes has quite a selection on hand to try out. I spent quite a bit of time there. I ended up buying Berkline through my builder/interior designer, so I can't vouch for LS's service, but their folks were quite nice and helpful.

(Note to everyone: be sure to put your location in your profile so folks know where you're at - helps a lot on the "local advice" front)

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht

post #10 of 14 Old 02-08-2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jautor View Post

When I was shopping Gallery carried United Leather (based in Dallas). LeatherShoppes has quite a selection on hand to try out. I spent quite a bit of time there. I ended up buying Berkline through my builder/interior designer, so I can't vouch for LS's service, but their folks were quite nice and helpful.

(Note to everyone: be sure to put your location in your profile so folks know where you're at - helps a lot on the "local advice" front)

Jeff

I thought I had done that since I've done it on other forums but thank you for pointing it out, I will amend right away.

FYI I contacted Row One because I'm interested in their Intrepid seats and they said that Home Theater Gear (in Cypress) was their dealer.
post #11 of 14 Old 02-12-2012, 01:27 PM

I went to LeatherShoppes yesterday and they do have a nice selection of Palliser.

I tried several but for me the best was really the Rhumba so I think I may get those.
I just will get them straight instead of curved otherwise I only have 13" to the wall.
post #12 of 14 Old 02-12-2012, 03:28 PM

I would never recommend purchase of a chair with 1.8 foam. This is about as low-grade as one can get. Higher densities are recommended at this price point.
post #13 of 14 Old 02-15-2012, 01:33 PM

Does AVS sell Palliser or do they only do AV equipment?
post #14 of 14 Old 02-24-2012, 01:54 PM

Hiya - not to divert this thread, does anyone have the power configuration for the Palliser HT chairs? I ordered 8 chairs and cant figure out if each chair has needs to have its own power plug or can they be daisychained together?
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page