If you had to choose between these seats.. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-13-2012, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm in a bit of an unusual situation as I do not have access to pretty much ANY home theater seats to sit in, touch, feel evaluate.. Also, as I live in Alaska, so I need to have the seats shipped via water at a hefty price. Plus, it will take a fair amount of coordination and my own time/expense to meet the vessel when it arrives. So in other words, this is going to be an exercise consisting of patience, costs, trust and murphy's presence.

I only have room for three seats. I prefer a curved layout, for looks and also to have a bit more room on the armrests (but I can live with straight). I have a strong preference for power incline as I don't like being limited to set recline positions. I'm not too keen on faux leather, and detest slippery leather. I prefer a grade that's somewhat soft, but not so soft it doesn't hold up to wear. The majority of my furniture is Ekorness and Natuzzi - if that means anything to you. I like a comfortable seat but not so soft I sink and have to work to get up (not sure if that makes sense).

I'd love some high end seats, but my piggy bank is a bit empty due to a complete speaker and electronics upgrade this year (anyone need a projector lol), and a vette that I can't seem to stop upgrading'... My limit is roughly $700 per chair, plus shipping.

I'm also a bit impatient, so I'm looking at my Quick-ship options from various vendors in the lower 48. I plan to have the supplier ship them to Tacoma where they then get transported by vessel.

I have spent hours looking at pictures and have narrowed down to a few choices, but pictures don't tell the whole story. Some seats I'm gravitating toward are:

Fusion Escape (love the power head rest, but not sure about the leather)
Palisser Axis (I LOVE this chair, but it's too much money, and it's custom order)
Palisser Cyclone
Palisser Pepper
Row One - Encore (no curve design though)
Row One - Front Row (no curve design though)
Lane Frampton (no curve design though)
Lane Rally
Berkline Reno

If anyone has some firsthand experience with these seats, your thoughts would be most greatly appreciated. I'll be stuck with whatever I buy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-13-2012, 06:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I took the plunge without sitting in any theatre seats basically because there were none around except La-Z-Boy.
After reading all the positive praise about the Fusion Escapes I have bought them sight unseen.
I get them delivered to Canada tomorrow and will have them set up after the carpet goes in on Friday.
I ordered the leather (black) in a curved configuration.
I will give you my opinion on the weekend.
The transaction was flawless, so there is no worries about that portion.
The price was better than anything I could source up here including Canadian made theatre seats. Go figure.

My Vintage style Home Theatre Build thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1400234/vintage-look-diy-theatre-build
post #3 of 4 Old 03-13-2012, 07:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrew View Post

I'm in a bit of an unusual situation as I do not have access to pretty much ANY home theater seats to sit in, touch, feel evaluate.. Also, as I live in Alaska, so I need to have the seats shipped via water at a hefty price. Plus, it will take a fair amount of coordination and my own time/expense to meet the vessel when it arrives. So in other words, this is going to be an exercise consisting of patience, costs, trust and murphy's presence.

I only have room for three seats. I prefer a curved layout, for looks and also to have a bit more room on the armrests (but I can live with straight). I have a strong preference for power incline as I don't like being limited to set recline positions. I'm not too keen on faux leather, and detest slippery leather. I prefer a grade that's somewhat soft, but not so soft it doesn't hold up to wear. The majority of my furniture is Ekorness and Natuzzi - if that means anything to you. I like a comfortable seat but not so soft I sink and have to work to get up (not sure if that makes sense).

I'd love some high end seats, but my piggy bank is a bit empty due to a complete speaker and electronics upgrade this year (anyone need a projector lol), and a vette that I can't seem to stop upgrading'... My limit is roughly $700 per chair, plus shipping.

I'm also a bit impatient, so I'm looking at my Quick-ship options from various vendors in the lower 48. I plan to have the supplier ship them to Tacoma where they then get transported by vessel.

I have spent hours looking at pictures and have narrowed down to a few choices, but pictures don't tell the whole story. Some seats I'm gravitating toward are:

Fusion Escape (love the power head rest, but not sure about the leather)
Palisser Axis (I LOVE this chair, but it's too much money, and it's custom order)
Palisser Cyclone
Palisser Pepper
Row One - Encore (no curve design though)
Row One - Front Row (no curve design though)
Lane Frampton (no curve design though)
Lane Rally
Berkline Reno

If anyone has some firsthand experience with these seats, your thoughts would be most greatly appreciated. I'll be stuck with whatever I buy.

If you do a search for "my new fusions" there is a large string of members discussing the fusion Lagoons, escapes and the new tributes. I myself purchased the Fusion Tributes. A little less $ than the escapes but very nice looking and have a manually adjustable headrest vs the power of the escapes, plus no cooled drink holder. Good luck.
post #4 of 4 Old 03-18-2012, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'd decided to move my budget upward. I just don't like the typical HT seating. I'm looking at the Axis and a couple Scandinavian manufacturers now... Fjords and IMG.
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page