Starting to look at seats - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 03-20-2012, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
jrm1504's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Yakima, Wa
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So this weekend we were in the Seattle area looking at lutron shades for the house. The store had some nice theatre seating as well and it sort of planted the bug.

They had cinematech, and they were pretty comfy...but it would be a bit irrelevant because to afford them I wouldn't have any arms or legs left.

Then across the street there was a magnolia. Theirs weren't as comfy. The acoustic innovations were pretty good, but squeaked.

Things we liked were the arm rests not being sky high. Good padding. And the ability to REALLY recline back...nearly flat.

Any advice on where to start? What brands/models would be worthy?
jrm1504 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 Old 03-20-2012, 07:57 AM
Member
 
hslansky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am in the same situation. I think I have settled on the Palliser HiFi seats. Very comfortable and nice look and quality. Anyone have additional thoughts on these?
hslansky is offline  
post #3 of 6 Old 03-20-2012, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
jrm1504's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Yakima, Wa
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hslansky View Post

I am in the same situation. I think I have settled on the Palliser HiFi seats. Very comfortable and nice look and quality. Anyone have additional thoughts on these?

Were you able to test sit them? My problem is where I live there is nothing to test sit in. Seattle is as close as it gets and that is nearly three hours away.
jrm1504 is offline  
post #4 of 6 Old 03-20-2012, 08:17 AM
Advanced Member
 
KenLerch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 735
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:


Any advice on where to start? What brands/models would be worthy?

There are many brands out there to select from now. I would start by looking at Palliser. They are an excellent company with many models and options (hundreds of fabrics and leathers, power, tray tables, iPad Holders, etc.) from which to choose.

RowOne has also been making very good chairs. Take a look at their import and domestic models.

Roman (rsh on the forum) also has his own line of import chairs with some nice features.

Lane has some nice options as well.

Quote:


Anyone have additional thoughts on these?

The Palliser HiFi is the new model name for the Sequelle/Hiland. It is a great looking chair, IMHO and features a taller, foam back for more support and more detail.

Ken Lerch
StargateCinema.com
Home Theater Seating and Decor
HTSeating.com
Home Theater Seating

 

KenLerch is offline  
post #5 of 6 Old 03-20-2012, 08:29 AM
Member
 
hslansky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was lucky enough to find a local furniture dealer that had the Palliser HiFi on the floor and I was able to try them on for size. I am very picky when it comes to seating so I would never purchase a seat without being able to try it first. I found this particular seat to be to my liking.
hslansky is offline  
post #6 of 6 Old 03-20-2012, 09:56 AM
 
cat-222ASR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrm1504 View Post

So this weekend we were in the Seattle area looking at lutron shades for the house. The store had some nice theatre seating as well and it sort of planted the bug.

They had cinematech, and they were pretty comfy...but it would be a bit irrelevant because to afford them I wouldn't have any arms or legs left.

Then across the street there was a magnolia. Theirs weren't as comfy. The acoustic innovations were pretty good, but squeaked.

Things we liked were the arm rests not being sky high. Good padding. And the ability to REALLY recline back...nearly flat.

Any advice on where to start? What brands/models would be worthy?

By that you mean these cost and arm and leg.

Why not get second hand cinema seats rockers are cool and they don't take up as much space you can fit more of them in they're easy to fit they look the part look around for them on eBay they're bound to have plenty going for around each $100.00 or less if your lucky.

I use x6 Irwin rockers and too bad the company has sold them off as I was thinking of buying x3 more for £80.00 a seat with free postal.

I'd look around otherwise you'd be busted after spending close to $6 or more grand.

I got mine though http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/mycinemauk...&_trksid=p3686

Some of the seats listed a few years ago was a bit over my budget and they had very few rocker seats going. I pleased when I saw rockers going for £79.50 each. I've gotten so used to them with the rocking motion, just like being in the cinema.

This site is located in the US but the prices, burnt my eyes. You should look for second hand often they are in good condition. Try eBay-USA
http://www.theaterseatstore.com/bass-forum
cat-222ASR is offline  
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off