Palliser vs Berkline - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-01-2012, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am considering two options for my home theater. One is he Palliser Pacifico and the second is the Berkline 13217. I understand Berkline has gone out of business, so warranty will most likely be an issue. Which one is better and is the difference worth $500? Also, how does Seatcraft compare with Palliser and Berkline?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-02-2012, 07:46 AM

When you refer to "better" that has many different meanings - however let me provide you a few facts to consider when purchasing furniture. Palliser is currently the leader in home theater seating sales and all of their models are either made in Canada or Mexico - both use the same quality and production standards. Their products are excellent and the leather used on the Pacifico (typically for the ones stocked) is in a Glove Shade - its a superior leather and very soft. Berkline is out of business and the 13217 model was made in China - you'll find better leather and a higher density foam in the Palliser model. Seatcraft is a private brand made in China only sold by Eurotech - they own two websites - "theaterseat" and "4seating.com" . I cannot speak at all about their brand except that it does cater to a customer who is price conscious - versus focusing on quality and craftmanship.

The Pacifico has been a best seller for years. I can tell you that when we sold the 13217 model we probably sold 9 Pacifico's for every 1 13217, probably even more than that.

Martin
TheaterSeatStore.com
post #3 of 5 Old 04-03-2012, 09:48 AM

Another key aspect to keep in mind about Seatcraft. They do not publish any type of warranty for their products.

Randy Bowman
myHTseats.com
post #4 of 5 Old 04-22-2012, 09:48 PM

Is it possible to get the Pacifico in 1 chair with an arm rest on each side? I see on your website that you can only get the chair by buying more than 1 (2+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheaterSeatStore View Post

When you refer to "better" that has many different meanings - however let me provide you a few facts to consider when purchasing furniture. Palliser is currently the leader in home theater seating sales and all of their models are either made in Canada or Mexico - both use the same quality and production standards. Their products are excellent and the leather used on the Pacifico (typically for the ones stocked) is in a Glove Shade - its a superior leather and very soft. Berkline is out of business and the 13217 model was made in China - you'll find better leather and a higher density foam in the Palliser model. Seatcraft is a private brand made in China only sold by Eurotech - they own two websites - "theaterseat" and "4seating.com" . I cannot speak at all about their brand except that it does cater to a customer who is price conscious - versus focusing on quality and craftmanship.

The Pacifico has been a best seller for years. I can tell you that when we sold the 13217 model we probably sold 9 Pacifico's for every 1 13217, probably even more than that.

post #5 of 5 Old 04-23-2012, 11:15 AM

the Pacifico can be purchased as a single seat. when doing one seat the shipping goes up, therefore we don't show the single as being available.

Martin
TheaterSeatStore.com
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories