Could these seats re-labeled Berkines? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-02-2012, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I saw a set of power reclinng "pleather" theater seats at a new england discount furniture chain called Bob's. The seats they carried looked very similar to a berkline 12011 and were called "The Box Office". When I looked under the seat I saw the manufacturer as "Feixian Deshun Wood Industry Co" and the model was listed as a "12011". I know this is a budget seat but they felt very comfortable and the recline motor seemed very smooth. Could this be a re-labeld Berkline model 12011? I thought Berklines were USA made though?

What got me really interested is that this store has an scratch/dent area called "The Pit". You can buy these seats there for half price the regular price. Most (not all) of the ones they had in the pit looked brand new and worked great. A drawback is they have a strict no returns and no warranty policy on anything from the pit.

I've never had power furniture before and I'm cautious about getting replacement parts if need be. Assuming these are the same as a Berkline or other plentiful brand, are replacement motors, switches, power supplies, etc readily available? Are the power mechanisms fairly generic or are they very specific to each particular model? The store itself said they couldn't provide any parts replacement.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-03-2012, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 29
They look similar to my 12011s. Tray tables are different as mine are square. The headrests are also slightly different. Mine are a bit flatter and the bottom is rounded up at the edges.

I suspect this is a Berkline knockoff. If it is Berkline, you can find a lot of info in this forum on replacement parts. Basically talk to Roman or Ken Lerch and they likely would have a solution.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-03-2012, 08:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 26
jann_j is basically right. They look very similary and may have been made in the same factory as the Berkline 12011's but they are not "officially" the Berkline 12011's. If they use the same power mechanism you will be able to find parts for them, but you may have a tough time finding support for something that you bought from another place with absolutely no warranty. It's a roll of the dice, really. You'll have to decide if the low price is worth the risk.

Ken Lerch
StargateCinema.com
Home Theater Seating and Decor
HTSeating.com
Home Theater Seating

post #4 of 4 Old 04-03-2012, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I looked at the motor label and it says KDPT004 and the slide mech is labeled as KDPT004-016. Anyone know if these are whats used in berklines (or any other brands).

The power supply also had 9 volt battery compartment? Is that for people who don't have an outlet near the chair?

At $200 a seat I 'm wondering if I should buy an extra seat just for spare parts. I'm not sure what those parts would normally cost if I needed to buy them.

The store does offer warranty coverage for the chairs if you buy them at full price so parts must be avail if needed. Since they really hard sell their "goof proof" five year warranty coverage, I'm surprised they don't offer it for the scracth and dent items as well. They said I'd have to contact the manufacturer directly for parts info.
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page