New Englang area HT Seating Roadtrip - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 05-02-2012, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm in the market for some HT seating. I'd prefer to try out the seats prior to purchasing. Looking to take a road trip around the New England area in the near future to find some showrooms. My local furniture stores have a very small selection to check out (southern NH.) I've tried the Best Buy chairs (which I believe are a Palliser and a Lane model) but would like more of a selection to choose from.

Hoping there are people on the forum who can provide possible locations in NE where I can try out a selection of seats. I am willing to head down to NJ to see the Fusion line but that's about as far as I'm willing to go (5.5 hrs.) Roman indicated that they have the Fusions and some Berklines to sit in in the NJ warehouse. I'd like to try out a selection of Pallisers if possible. They seem to have a nice lineup. Price point for me is probably $1000/chair or less.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Martin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 48
if you go down to RI or MA cardi's has a pretty nice 4 seat sectional for 1400. if i has the $$ and the space id get it(for now im using a futon) http://www.cardis.com/main/item.php?...C&r=2002&cat=3

pcm=potato
bitstream=patato
post #3 of 8 Old 05-09-2012, 06:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I have 4 of the fusion escapes i got from Roman. They are black bonded leather with buttkickers. I would be happy to let you try them out. I really love them and i have owned other theater chairs in the past, I am in western mass ( easthampton).

Dan Webster
Never stop upgrading!

Updated Theater Pictures

post #4 of 8 Old 05-11-2012, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan webster View Post

I have 4 of the fusion escapes i got from Roman. They are black bonded leather with buttkickers. I would be happy to let you try them out. I really love them and i have owned other theater chairs in the past, I am in western mass ( easthampton).

Thanks for the offer Dan! I may just take you up on that. I'll send you a PM when I figure out when I'm gonna be traveling.

I may be opening up the search a bit wider. I talked to my wife about flying down to Baltimore where we can check out Stargate Cinema. Then we can rent a car to come home and stop by other HT seating places on the way back.
post #5 of 8 Old 05-11-2012, 10:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 26
MARS08,
If you end up coming down, contact me prior. We'd be glad to pick you up at the airport and take you back. It's only about 40 minutes from us and we've done it in the past. Send me a PM if you would like to make arrangements. Good luck in your search. I'm sure you will be treated well by Roman and any other vendors that participate in this forum on a regular basis.

Ken Lerch
StargateCinema.com
Home Theater Seating and Decor
HTSeating.com
Home Theater Seating

post #6 of 8 Old 05-12-2012, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLerch View Post

MARS08,
If you end up coming down, contact me prior. We'd be glad to pick you up at the airport and take you back. It's only about 40 minutes from us and we've done it in the past. Send me a PM if you would like to make arrangements. Good luck in your search. I'm sure you will be treated well by Roman and any other vendors that participate in this forum on a regular basis.

Thanks so much for the gracious offer Ken. I don't think we'll need to be picked up as we intend to rent a car and drive back to NH over the course of a couple days. But the fact that you offer shows the high level of your customer service.

The funny thing is, I didn't even know about Stargate Cinema but my wife was surfing for HT seating and found it. Then I saw your name one the site and the lightbulb went off. Your showroom is exactly what I was looking for. It looks like you have a nice selection of HT seating to test out. Both my wife and I really like the look of the Palliser Cyclone. Looking forward to coming down.

Thanks again for the offer. We're thinking sometime in early June for the trip. I'll let you know.

Martin
post #7 of 8 Old 05-14-2012, 04:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 30
[quote=MARS08;22011682]Thanks for the offer Dan! I may just take you up on that. I'll send you a PM when I figure out when I'm gonna be traveling.
I will be happy to show you the chairs. If you decide you want to see them pm me a few days ahead of time.

Dan Webster
Never stop upgrading!

Updated Theater Pictures

post #8 of 8 Old 05-15-2012, 02:42 PM

Liked: 11
I love this place!
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version