Primacoustic Black Acoustic Tiles - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-13-2012, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Home Theater June page 28 (Coming Attractions): Black Stratolite Acoustic Tiles.

I am thinking of using screws through these into existing white acoustic tiles and its backing to change the ceiling color of a room. I don't want to paint or do anything irreversible.

Does anyone have experience with anything from Primacoustic? Or better ideas?

"Most people would die sooner than think, in fact they do so."  Bertrand Russell The ABC of Relativity, 1925

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-21-2012, 07:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug2 View Post

Home Theater June page 28 (Coming Attractions): Black Stratolite Acoustic Tiles.

I am thinking of using screws through these into existing white acoustic tiles and its backing to change the ceiling color of a room. I don't want to paint or do anything irreversible.

Does anyone have experience with anything from Primacoustic? Or better ideas?

I emailed them today to find out more information, but didn't hear back yet. I'm looking for black tiles.. they are harder to find than I thought. I started painting one of my Armstrong tiles flat black, and it looks good, but I have 50 tiles to replace and not looking forward to painting them all.

if I hear anything, i'll post back in the thread.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 Old 03-21-2014, 02:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 206
I came across this thread, what did you 2 guys ever do?
They come in white/black, $150 for 6........
http://store.acousticfrontiers.com/Primacoustic-StratoTiles-24-x-48.html

I have white tiles and considering using these just for a pattern in the ceiling of my basement game room as I'm re-doing it's decour.

How sturdy are they to mars/etc? Like think pool stick "oops" up into them/etc?
Seems easier than painting some black/etc...

seems these are better alternative for me, overall cheaper.
$200 for qty 20 vs $150 for qty 12 (the 6 above are 24 x 48, so I doubled that)
http://www.amazon.com/Thick-Black-Acoustic-Ceiling-Tiles/dp/B005AMLJ9Y

Quote:
20 Black Acoustic Ceiling Tiles - 24" x 24" x 2" Thick for Drop Ceiling or Existing
High NRC rating of 1.01 (see freq breakdown below)
Hard to find Black Acoustic finish.
Acoustic Fiberglass Board with Crisp Matte Black Fabric Finish (excellent appearance)
NRC: 125hz .18 250hz .87 500hz 1.15 1000hz 1.08 2000hz 1.04 4000hz 1.00

Mike R,P.E. clickable DIY hot links:

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page