Fusion Tribute 1015 Review - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 07-01-2012, 06:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Given the size limitations of my new HT room (14' x 19'), I knew I had to watch the width of the rows. I looked at quite a few different models before an Internet search brought me here and I learned about the Fusion line that Roman sells. I contacted Roman, gave him my room dimensions and he told me that I could do two rows of three using any Fusion model.

I decided on the Tribute 1015, triple-checked the width measurements against my room and ordered two rows of three in curved configuration. During my phone call with Roman, he explained the difference between standard leather and the bonded leather and I went with the bonded black leather. The order was finalized on a Thursday afternoon, shipped Friday and delivered to my Kentucky address on Tuesday.

The seats met my expectations and more. First off, these six seats were about half the cost of what I was expecting to pay for something this nice. I was impressed with how heavy the boxes were - with this type of furniture, heavy means good. The seats were nicely protected and arrived in perfect condition.

The backs come separated from the bottom part and easily assemble securely and quickly. The seats are way sturdy and have a nice combination of support and cushy-ness. The motorized reclining feature is a must and it works perfectly. The size/length of the seat is more than adequate for my 5'9" height and the high back gives me full head and shoulders support.

The manually adjustable headrest is a very nice feature and is moved by reaching behind and pulling the neck/head section forward or pushing backward. It bends on a stiff internal hinge and the movable section is perfectly placed. You would use this if you were reclined and needed something to hold your head forward to see the screen.

The storage compartments under the arm rests are a nice touch and are accessed by lifting up on the padded hinged covers. Instead of a cheap spring to hold it open, there is a small hydraulic cylinder.

I'm glad I got the bonded leather material. It has an expensive, soft, textured, dry feel which is very comfortable on bare skin. You can tell the material is leather by feel and smell but what it does not have is the crinkle and stickiness that some leather furniture has. I like the flat, non-reflective modern look of the bonded leather as opposed to glossy. My pieces are pushed tightly against each other and there is no rubbing noise as the chairs are reclining.

Lastly, I was impressed with the attention to detail on the small stuff: the Velcro on the lower flap at the bottom back, the removable metal cup holders, the trays and arm inserts, even the buttons that operate the reclining motor feel nice.

Overall, these seats are first-rate. I'm happy with my choice of the Tribute 1015 and I'm also very happy with the personalized service provided by Roman. He knows his stuff.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-02-2012, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Very nice, I love them.

The Moderno Theatre! Slideshow (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
Pixar screenplay slideshows
!
post #3 of 6 Old 02-12-2013, 06:21 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Still liking your Tributes? How has the bonded leather holding up? Do they still look as new as Day 1? How often do you use the manual headrest? One thing you neglected in your original post was the comfort factor. Are these seats very "plush" or are they more firm? Can you sit in them for hours and feel fully relaxed? What made you decide on these over the Lagoons?
post #4 of 6 Old 02-14-2013, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Yes - it's time for an update and here's an update edited from a PM I sent a member recently:

The seats are great. I haven't had any problems at all. We were not able to compare different brands or models but I do not regret my choice one bit. I was specifically asked about:
1. Material durability
2. Comfort
3. Manual Headrest

1. The material is first rate. I do not expect any premature wear, but we do not use them every day. With everyday use, I would anticipate shorter life just like any piece of furniture.

2. To me, they are a perfect mix of plush and firm. I still often fall asleep even in the most exciting movie. haha. You don't sink into them so I wouldn't call them plush but they are definitely not hard. There are no hot-spots where I would ever need to shift. Once in and laid back, I can lay there in one place for the whole movie or when I wake up - whichever comes first.

3. I'm glad I have the manual headrest. It's not necessary for my bottom row in front because the center of the screen is up, but if you sit on the back row on the platform the screen is straight ahead and if you want to lay all the way back, you would need a pillow behind your head if it weren't for the adjustable headrest angle. The manual adjustable headrest is a nice touch - just depends on how low your screen is on whether you would use it. Definitely better than a slippery cumbersome pillow if you did need angle adjustment.

Additionally -
The motorized recline is a must. You can fine tune exactly where the recline stops. This is nit-picky, but if I had one thing to change, it would be separate adjustments for the leg rest and back recline. But this would require additional engineering and a 2nd motor, thus greater cost. The way it works is you press the recline button and the leg rest moves up first, stops at the upper point, then the seat shifts forward and back reclines. You can release the button at any time to stop it in the adjustment path. Not a big deal but it would be nice to be able to lower the feet a tad independent of the back recline. Not a deal-breaker IMO.

The pivoting tray tables are indispensable. We use them to keep remotes in reach and also for coffee to keep awake in these comfortable chairs.

Very happy with the chairs. Very good price - would have paid a couple hundred more per unit.

Steve
post #5 of 6 Old 02-14-2013, 04:40 PM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Steve,

I can take you up on your offer and get a few hundred more smile.gif

Regarding 2 separate motors:

It is doable, and I have been thinking of doing another style group with that feature, but there are a few drawbacks there:

1. It will definitely raise the price quite a bit.
2. There is no wallaway mech. (at least I do not know about it if there is one) that has 2 motors. That means that the back will go down, and you would need 16"-20" behind the chair for full recline, and it may be a deal breaker for many folks.

There is something else (more valuable if you ask me) that we are working on right now, and hopefully will be able to introduce it sooner than later. For now it is only in development, so I would not want to spoil a surprise... smile.gif

Roman
rtheaters.com
Fusion Collection Seating
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #6 of 6 Old 02-14-2013, 07:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Roman it's not nice to tease us like that. Keep up the innovations though because I expect to buy chairs from you again in the future and next time I want all the bells and whistles haha!

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page