TheaterSeatStore.com / Interiormark - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 07-06-2012, 02:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Ok Guys, Here is my 1st review of this company.
I have on order Palliser Rhumba currently but also ordered one of their own "InteriorMark" brand recliners because they are in stock for delivery,
I took delivery of that 1 recliner on Tuesday and the trucking company made it an adventure.
When he arrived, I told him I need to open and inspect the item before I will sign. He told me that " his company" rules are not the senders so if there are no rips in the cardboard, I will either sign and take it as it is boxed or he takes it back if I refuse to sign. We got lucky and there was a 2 inch long tear in the very bottom of the carton so he allowed me graciously without begging to open it as he watched..all in the street of course, he wouldn't put it in the driveway 5 feet away. Luck again hit and the chair had no damage. I carried the recliner into the house , he left and I set it in place. I first found that the "Interiormark" brand is NOT their own brand but it's Ashley Furniture. The tag has Ashley Furniture on it. If you guys do not know Ashley Furniture, they are a VERY cheap manufacturer of furniture and they have a store 2 towns over from me so I could have gone there and bought this for $35 less than I paid IF I wanted Ashley's cheap furniture.
2nd, this is a powered recliner and Im laying down searching to how it plugs in and find a little round plug sticking out underneath but hmmm..I think I need an adapter of some kind. So calling TheaterSeatstore to talk with a lady in Customer Service and I tell her what they missed and she tells me, she may have to order an adapter from the manufacturer.
I told her that she stocks this recliner and to please open another and overnight it to me. She told me she would look into it and she would either call me back or email me. This was 8am her time yesterday morning. No email & no phone call from her so I call and get another lady. This one tells me that she thinks an adapter was ordered from the manufacturer. So how long a wait to use this recliner now? I have no idea since they don't communicate.
At the same time yesterday, I get a call from another trucking company that wants to deliver the 3 Palliser recliners. She doesn't ask me when is good, she tells ME, " our company only delivers to your town on Tuesdays. Hmm, This coming Tuesday I am away for a day.
I tell her, Monday is good, Friday is good. She reiterates, We only deliver on Tuesdays and makes it 2 weeks from this week. This trucking company is 45 mins from my home. I call Theaterseatstore about the issues with both of these trucking companies and she tells me that, sorry, they only deliver on Tuesdays to you.So if you guys don't mind waiting 2 weeks after the recliners you have a long wait for will be delivered even though they are only 45 mins from your house, go for it.
On the other company it was , "we will look into that because you should be allowed to inspect the product no matter what" Yes ..sure...Thanks for the service.
I will come back with more info after my 2 week wait for the 3 Palliser Recliners guys....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 07-06-2012, 05:10 AM

Liked: 10
I'm almost ready to place an order with this company. I have read a few bad things regarding their service. Nothing beats good customer service!

I don't know how much business they do with this shipping company but waiting two additional weeks is just not acceptable! I would want a discount from theaterseatstore for the hassles you have explained!
post #3 of 12 Old 07-06-2012, 05:22 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, so, TheaterSeatstore reps read this forum, what are you guys going to do for me as far as overnighting the adapter for the Ashley Furniture recliner you shipped me in place of the Interiormark recliner I ordered?
Also, Your trucking company refuses to deliver any day of the week except Tuesdays which has me waiting almost 2 weeks to get the 3 Palliser Recliners.
What will you be doing to help me with this issue?
This trucking terminal is 45 mins from my home. They only have 1 truck delivering all over the state?
post #4 of 12 Old 07-06-2012, 05:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 97

Freight shipping is a pain in the butt.  Doesn't matter what the seller does, frieght shipping is on their terms unfortunately.

As far as the adapter they should get one out to you in an expeditious manner.

I'll PM you an email contact for somebody who can help you.....

Don't waste time reading signatures.....
post #5 of 12 Old 07-06-2012, 06:44 AM

NicksHitachi is correct that the freight companies do what they wish, however this is the first point of contact with our customer so we rely on them to transact in a professional manner. It's important for us to know of these events so we can "blacklist" them and not use them going forward. As you can imagine shipping all across North America, every single city and town, there will be some bad shipping experiences but knowing about them helps us correct these types of events on a going forward basis. Also, our free shipping is to your front door or inside your garage, not the curb. This carrier decided it was not convenient to perform the job they were required to accomplish and we will investigate.

Ashley furniture does not allow online dealers to use their name when selling their furniture, therefore it is branded under the InteriorMark name. It is the only model we sell in that manner. We offer a satisfaction guarantee, so please let us know if you are not satisfied.

I will contact you offline and you can ensure we will do our best to make you a happy customer.

Martin
TheaterSeatStore.com
post #6 of 12 Old 07-06-2012, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter

Here is where we are at guys,
I just got a call from a gentleman from TheaterSeatStore and we are working things thru and I will update here today and going forward with the progress.
post #7 of 12 Old 07-06-2012, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Customer Service managed to get an adapter over nighted to me and tracking shows delivery as today for the power recliner that I took delivery on Tuesday
In respect to waiting almost 2 weeks for the 3 Palliser Recliners, he gave me an extended warranty on the Recliners to make up for it.
post #8 of 12 Old 07-10-2012, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usr5000 View Post

Customer Service managed to get an adapter over nighted to me and tracking shows delivery as today for the power recliner that I took delivery on Tuesday
In respect to waiting almost 2 weeks for the 3 Palliser Recliners, he gave me an extended warranty on the Recliners to make up for it.

I just ordered 4 chairs from them Saturday and started a thread to report on my experience. Over the phone they have been very polite and professional. My chairs are six to seven weeks back-ordered. I was supposed to get an extended warranty thrown in as part of my deal but it was not on the invoice that was emailed to me. I will need to call and see whats up.

Hope you enjoy your chairs!
post #9 of 12 Old 07-23-2012, 09:43 PM

Same here. We ordered a set of 6 chairs from them last Thursday, So far we have been very pleased with the service. Let's hope the manufacturer and delivery company hold up their end of the bargain. We paid for white glove delivery.
post #10 of 12 Old 07-24-2012, 05:04 AM

I'm Looking at ordering a set of Lane 103 Matinee's.... Hopefully Things go smooth, I'm alittle hesitant ordering from this website.
post #11 of 12 Old 09-11-2012, 05:34 PM

Ordering went well, The Lane's shipped perfectly. Glad to have dealt with them.
post #12 of 12 Old 12-24-2012, 11:52 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob423 View Post

Ordering went well, The Lane's shipped perfectly. Glad to have dealt with them.

Can i ask what kind of deal you got on each chair, and was it the leather power recline. I want to get a row of 4 seats, but i am nervous because i never bought from them before.
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page