cabinets cooling fans - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-15-2012, 02:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How well do the work on an enclosed cabinet. How much does the temperature in the cabinet go down. I bought and enclose cabinet with glass doors and my cable box fan is very loud 24/7 do to it getting too hot. it's around 85-93f inside. I trying to find out before I spend 2-300 on fans and cut the back panel of the cabinet. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-20-2012, 09:40 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff6666p View Post

How well do the work on an enclosed cabinet. How much does the temperature in the cabinet go down. I bought and enclose cabinet with glass doors and my cable box fan is very loud 24/7 do to it getting too hot. it's around 85-93f inside. I trying to find out before I spend 2-300 on fans and cut the back panel of the cabinet. Thanks

I've never even heard my fan on my DVR equiped cable box. Just my $.02, but I would definitely be suspect of the fan in the cable box. I wouldn't expect a fan on a cable box to be that loud since they are made to be out in the open, so I would suggest replaceing the cable box first, If that doesn't solve the noise issue, then I would open the back of the cabinet for circulation. Cooling fan assemblies can be pricey, but low noise muffin fans that could be mounted to a cutout on the back shouldn't run that much if it comes down to forced circulation.
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page