Theater Seating w/ Flip-able Arms (Seatcraft Rialto, Vesta, etc.) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 13 Old 07-18-2012, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Hello All,

New poster here with a few questions about home theater seating. I'm wanting to replace my curreent couch and am looking for something that has flip-able arms that can double as a couch and home theater seats. I'd like the center seat to be my command and control chair for my home theater when watching movies, TV, and playing games, but I want it to double as a couch for taking naps, entertaining guests, etc.

So far I've found online the Seatcraft Rialto, Vesta, and Godfather II series, but nothing else with flip-able arms. I've seen several couches that have flipable center seats, but that defeats the purpose of having the best seat in the home theater. smile.gif

Is there anything else out there other than Seatcraft with flip-able arms?

If not, can anyone comment on the above-mentioned Seatcraft seats, specifically the Rialto? It looks like it has all the features I want but I haven't found any in-depth reviews online and would like to know more about its build quality, comfort/ feel, if its seat-back is tall enough for someone who is 6'3", and if the cushioning on the fold-able pieces feels uniform with the seat cushioning with the regular seats when you lay down.

Also, any thoughts on the Vesta? I like how its curved but I wish the center seat had full recline.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 07-24-2012, 01:37 AM - Thread Starter

Nobody has practical experience with the Rialto?

Does anyone know where to check out other theater seats in Los Angeles? I've been looking but can't seem to find any dealers.
post #3 of 13 Old 07-24-2012, 04:50 PM

Liked: 21
my rialto seats should arrive within a few days. If no one has answered you by then, I will
post #4 of 13 Old 07-24-2012, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

Awesome! I'd appreciate any feedback I can get. :-)

Which Rialto configuration did you go with? And do you mind if I ask where you bought them and what the purchasing experience was like?
post #5 of 13 Old 07-25-2012, 12:56 PM

got the at 4seating.com
2 rows.
the first row is a the standard rialto loveseat with chair
the back rows are the backrow rialto seats (which are 8 inches higher i think) 3 chairs. so far the purchase has been fine. I had questions regarding assembly. i was concerned if i cn get them down my steps to the basement. the rep o the phone explained how they cam in 1 peices an gave the measurements for both so i think i should have no problem.
As per the shipping part, i wont know till it gets here. wink.gif
post #6 of 13 Old 07-29-2012, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks again for the feedback. I found did some digging on 4seating.com's web page and found that they have a showroom in Southern California out in La Habra. I went by there yesterday and had a chance to sit on the Rialto as well as a few other seats. Unfortunately, the Rialto's back cushion is far too short for me. I'm 6'3" and need a taller chair that I can leanb the back of my head on. For people not as tall the Rialto might work, just not for me.

What I did like a lot was the Palliser Current/ Coda which are tall chairs with a plush feel, which is what I like. I'm also looking into the Palliser Media/ Mimi and the Palliser Tijuana. None of these offer flip arms like the Rialto and a few other Seatcraft models, but I've slowly come to the realization that the advantages of having flip arms (or theater seats in a couch configuration) don't outweigh the benefits of having a proper, comfortable theater seat.
post #7 of 13 Old 07-30-2012, 01:46 PM

:mad:update:
So i contacted 4seating again cuz i still didnt get a call from delivery company and its been 13 days. Unfortunately 4 seating didnt even SHIP my 2 rows yet! They said that the back row i needed was not in stock and wouldnt be for approximately a month. I was fuming since i got no call or email or nothing! I would have canceled my order and took my business elsewhere.
They did offered to pay half for the the backrow with electronic reclyning which they did have in stock. (i ordered the manual recline). At this point i just agreed since it was now to late to go elsewhere.

UGH
post #8 of 13 Old 07-30-2012, 02:12 PM

Liked: 10
I'm just getting started with 4seating.com. I placed my order for a row of four Premier theater chairs over the weekend. After placing the order online, I got an order number displayed on the webpage, but no confirmation email of any kind.

Called after they opened this morning, they took my info and said the "order guy" would call me when he came in. 5 hours later, called again, said the "order guy" was now at lunch, took my info again. Luckily I am flexible on timing.

On the flip side of customer service, I ordered a row of Fusion Lagoons from Roman at the same time. He verified my order, sent me an invoice, and confirmed payment immediately. Got an email from him regarding shipping this morning. Unfortunately, the stadium theater chairs that I could buy through him were out of my budget, otherwise I wouldn't be messing with 4seating at all.
post #9 of 13 Old 08-10-2012, 03:45 PM

mad.gif

Ok so my seats finally arrived. Not looking good for 4 seating right now.

So far 4seating has screwed me the following ways:
1) never informed me that the seats i wanted were out of stock. I had to call them 10 days after i placed my order to find out that nothing was shipped.
2) they CHARGED me to send power recline seats which WERE in stock.
3) Seats finally arrived. Took a total of 20 days from when i initially placed the order.
4) 2 of the 3 backrows chairs were damaged. (YES these were the power recline backrow chairs that they charged me extra for!) One was damaged through the box (pictures below) and the other power recline did not work.

As 4seating instructed, I noted on the delivery paper damaged and called them asap. emailed them the pictures and all. This was yesterday. Lets see how long before this problem is resovled.
I'll update this thread soon.
post #10 of 13 Old 09-21-2012, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher12 View Post

Thanks again for the feedback. I found did some digging on 4seating.com's web page and found that they have a showroom in Southern California out in La Habra. I went by there yesterday and had a chance to sit on the Rialto as well as a few other seats. Unfortunately, the Rialto's back cushion is far too short for me. I'm 6'3" and need a taller chair that I can leanb the back of my head on. For people not as tall the Rialto might work, just not for me.
What I did like a lot was the Palliser Current/ Coda which are tall chairs with a plush feel, which is what I like. I'm also looking into the Palliser Media/ Mimi and the Palliser Tijuana. None of these offer flip arms like the Rialto and a few other Seatcraft models, but I've slowly come to the realization that the advantages of having flip arms (or theater seats in a couch configuration) don't outweigh the benefits of having a proper, comfortable theater seat.

Watcher12,
What seats did you end up going with? I am 6'5' and interested what taller people are buying to fit their frame.

Thanks
post #11 of 13 Old 12-11-2012, 01:15 PM

Just an update, I bought the Pallister "Mello" from Ken @ Stargate. Very happy with the purchase!

B
post #12 of 13 Old 02-03-2013, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Bump!

Video Games, 3D, and Home Theater Forever! ^_^

post #13 of 13 Old 02-12-2013, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Fortress is another option if you would like the up and down armrests. A bit higher end option than the chairs mentioned here previously.

Serge Breton
htauthority.com
Home Theater Authority
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page