AV Furniture for Large Center Channel - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-23-2012, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have a Standout Majestic for my current setup and love it. I am looking at aonther room setup with a larger center channel speaker, the Paradigm Studio CC-690 which is 10' high. Does anyone know of quality AV furniture that is not more than 24" high that will accommodate this large center channel? The Standout Haven will work but it's over 26"high. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-25-2012, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

FYI... Salamander offers a Synnergy line that they can "cut and tap" the interior post. I'm looking at a Synergy quad that is 21" inches high which they can customize the center channel opening to allow for a 10" high center channel. Standout Designs also makes a 26.25" high "Haven" model that looks very nice and accommodates a 10" high center channel.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-26-2012, 11:20 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhydro View Post

FYI... Salamander offers a Synnergy line that they can "cut and tap" the interior post. I'm looking at a Synergy quad that is 21" inches high which they can customize the center channel opening to allow for a 10" high center channel. Standout Designs also makes a 26.25" high "Haven" model that looks very nice and accommodates a 10" high center channel.

What do you mean by "cut and tap"? I have had the triple 20 in my living room for a few years now and I just ordered another one that comes tomorrow for my home theater area in the basement. I think the shelves can be adjusted up and down to any position because the tabs that hold the shelves slide up and down the post until you lock them in place.

Have been very happy with my Salamander furniture.
post #4 of 5 Old 07-27-2012, 07:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by drober30 View Post

What do you mean by "cut and tap"? I have had the triple 20 in my living room for a few years now and I just ordered another one that comes tomorrow for my home theater area in the basement. I think the shelves can be adjusted up and down to any position because the tabs that hold the shelves slide up and down the post until you lock them in place.
Have been very happy with my Salamander furniture.

The cut and tap (cutting down the height of the center post) is required in my situation on the Quad Synergy version. A large center channel is too wide for the Triple Synergy.... it's not wide enough in the center to accommodate a Paradigm CC-690, which is 10" high and over 37" wide. It only costs an extra $10 to get the post cut down.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-27-2012, 10:14 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhydro View Post

The cut and tap (cutting down the height of the center post) is required in my situation on the Quad Synergy version. A large center channel is too wide for the Triple Synergy.... it's not wide enough in the center to accommodate a Paradigm CC-690, which is 10" high and over 37" wide. It only costs an extra $10 to get the post cut down.

I love company's that are willing to make things work!
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories