Palliser Peak vs Record thoughts? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 07-25-2012, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
All-

Specifically, I could use some help regarding how these seats "sit", understanding the subjective nature of this question. Does the peak tilt your head forward while sitting upright? Is the record much firmer in the back rest? After reading that this line may be a little firmer I'm leaning towards a plusher seat, while still being able to sit for hours. Any comment would be very appreciated at this point....well, almost any comment. biggrin.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-25-2012, 12:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 26
In my opinion, the Peak does not tilt your head too far forward when sitting upright. There is another model called the Tijuana that has a more pronounced headrest and IMHO does tilt your head a little too for forward when seated upright. It's great when reclined for added head support, but a little too much when upright. You can see it very obviously in the photos. I would compare the photos of the Peak and Tijuana and you will see what I mean.

The Peak is definitely more plush and sits more softly than the Record. If you are looking for Palliser quality and a little bit more plush than some of their other models, then the Peak is a great choice. It will still be more supportive than some other manufacturer's chairs.

For the record: I attend Furniture Market at least twice a year to sit on all of the new and old models and take notes. We also have a couple of Palliser models here at our office.

Ken Lerch
StargateCinema.com
Home Theater Seating and Decor
HTSeating.com
Home Theater Seating

post #3 of 6 Old 07-25-2012, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

Ken,
Very informative, thanks for the info.
post #4 of 6 Old 07-26-2012, 10:38 AM

We just made this decision a couple of weeks ago and decided to go with the Record. It had the tray table option and was very comfortable without pushing your head forward. I'll let you know what we think when the order arrives in six weeks.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-08-2012, 08:33 PM

Well we placed the order for the Palliser Records on July 20th. We just got word that the seats will be shipping out of Canada for a mid August delivery. Far shy of the 6-8 weeks that were quoted when we placed the custom order with Palliser. We've really enjoyed working with the folks at theaterseatstore.com. We will update this post on receipt of the furniture. We selected white glove delivery.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-04-2012, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

gwrace: How did things work out?
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page