Seatcraft Venetian - Anyone have any experience or thoughts? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 19 Old 07-27-2012, 07:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am seriously considering the Seatcraft Venetian seat as it has all the features I am looking for - the looks - seat height - dimensions - etc. However, you cannot sit in them obviously as they are internet order only. Can anyone comment specifically on the Venetian seat? If not, can someone comment on the quality of Seatcraft in general? How does it compare with Berkline/Lane/Palliser? How comfortable are they and any concerns in general before I invest in 9 chairs for my dedicated home theater.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 07-28-2012, 05:29 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Just another carbon copy of the Berkline 12003. If you are not 6'2" or taller I would be careful with these since they have 45" high back, and may cause a problem with the surround sound.

Roman
rtheaters.com
Fusion Collection Seating
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #3 of 19 Old 07-31-2012, 11:11 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
How comfortable are they? Does anyone know. I wqas looking at these as well but with the lack of a showroom for any type of theater seat in my area I have to do website research. The price is less than the others which makes me wonder about durability and comfort.
post #4 of 19 Old 12-28-2012, 06:09 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 112
I have 8 coming and will post a Review soon. smile.gif

For my latest Reviews and Stuff google -> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com
Check out my Dolby Atmos/Surround first take:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 19 Old 01-24-2013, 11:46 AM

Liked: 10
Purchased 3 just recently. Delivered in one week no damage and are very easy to setup. Just have at least 2 people to move the base of the chairs to make it easy.

Very good seats for the money. I love them so far. Being 6' 4" the couple things I'd like improved would be longer leg support and more head support, but I'd say that about 90% of the chairs out there. If you are say under 6' these chair will probably be considered a 5 out of 5 for the money. The lights under the chairs are fairly bright and you definitely don't want them on during viewing (OK not reclined, but really bad when reclined). They are great for getting in and out of a dimly lit room though. You'll get a blue hazing on your picture from the closest row of chairs that have lights on.

Cup holders are wide and deep, great for most things except short cups. Tray tables are a nice feature as well.

I have a standard manual reclining "rocker recliner" in my family room that I've had for some time now. Because of this, when I use my new theater chairs i give myself a laugh every time i go to get out because I forget to press the "close" button. It takes some getting use to but I do like the Power Recliners and so do my kids.

My cost was about $460 a chair delivered, and these had "Power Recline, Lighted cup holders, Lighted base, and the Tray Tables".

I'll post if I have any long term issues. but after 2 week, I'm quite satisfied so far.
post #6 of 19 Old 02-11-2013, 08:57 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod View Post

I have 8 coming and will post a Review soon. smile.gif

So I also don't have too many options with looking at and experiencing seats in person so I'm looking online at what my options are and have seen these Seatcraft Venetian / Berkline 12003 Renos (supposedly the same thing and looks to be so)...

JoeRod, curious about what you think about these seats since you have had them for a bit now... Did you get the bonded leather and what do you think of the quality of the material?

Wondering where you guys (JoeRod and Harkerad) purchased your seats and if you are satisfied with your experience?

Harkerd, also looking at your theater pics and see that you also show some red seats... Did you change to the black Seatcrafts Venetians / Berkline 12003 Reno's or switch from them?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 19 Old 09-09-2013, 05:27 PM

Hi - Any updates to this thread? I am looking for good quality comfortable seats for around 450 to 650 per seat. Seatcraft looks to fit that but as others have mentioned, you can't sit on them before you buy them
post #8 of 19 Old 09-09-2013, 08:35 PM

I ended up getting 9 Berkline 12000s from Roman on here. Price was just under $450 a seat. I CANNOT complain. They look great and I love the power recline. Everyone that has sat in them likes them (or they are just lying to me)... It was hard to pull the trigger w/o seeing, sitting in, and experiencing them but I do not have any regrets getting the seats I got. Here's a pic of my room with the seats:

post #9 of 19 Old 01-07-2014, 03:47 PM

Hey Maddog,

Looking at a HT myself, so I'm interested to know if you're still happy with the seats you purchased or if you'd do anything differently if you could?

Also, how comfortable are they for long periods of time?

post #10 of 19 Old 01-07-2014, 04:18 PM

jagr,

I am extremely happy with the seat I got for the money. I have only received compliments about the look and comfortableness about the chairs. They are extremely comfy and have had several people fall asleep in them. Sitting in them for long times is no problem. The key to being able to sit in for a long time is the motorized recline. If I seem to get 'tired' of the position I am in, I can tweak just a little into a sweet spot with a click of a button. You wouldn't have this with non-motorized as you basically would only have a few reclining options (no recline, half way, and full out bed recline). Not sure I would do anything differently with my purchase. I would like to have a taller room to put them in w/ a slightly higher riser for the back row and to have just a little bit more space between the rows. For me, it isn't a problem but I have a couple of 6+ footer friends that have really long legs that eat up the extra space between the rows. But that is just all due to room size/layout. The seats are great.

post #11 of 19 Old 01-09-2014, 10:42 AM

Thanks for the update!

post #12 of 19 Old 01-20-2014, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I just had 8 delivered. I only opened up to inspect but from what I saw I'm impressed for the price. I bought mine from 4seating. Minor gripe is that I had to buy the brackets separately to connect the seats together. I was happy the back wasn't 45" tall as advertised, more like 42". When my room is done ill post pics and a detailed review.

post #13 of 19 Old 01-23-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey_Man View Post

I just had 8 delivered. I only opened up to inspect but from what I saw I'm impressed for the price. I bought mine from 4seating. Minor gripe is that I had to buy the brackets separately to connect the seats together. I was happy the back wasn't 45" tall as advertised, more like 42". When my room is done ill post pics and a detailed review.

(Venetians?) 

Really?  I'm surprised that they aren't the advertised size, and for the cost of 8 chairs, they don't send brackets? But, thanks for mentioning it:  If I go that route, I'll bring it up w/ the sales guy.

Looking forward to hearing how you like those chairs.

post #14 of 19 Old 01-23-2014, 03:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagr View Post

(Venetians?) 
Really?  I'm surprised that they aren't the advertised size, and for the cost of 8 chairs, they don't send brackets? But, thanks for mentioning it:  If I go that route, I'll bring it up w/ the sales guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagr View Post

(Venetians?) 

From what I gather these are a clone of the Berkline Reno. In fact I kinda think the main pic at 4seating is a Reno. The top of the chair isn't as "pillowie" looking as the website pic. This may be due to being compressed in the shipping box. My chairs also have a different lighted cup holder. It's lower profile and doesn't control the recline. This isn't a big deal because I like the lower profile cup holder better. Yeah the whole bracket thing is kinda bad. I have to look under the seats but I have a suspicion they remove the brackets and sell them because the brackets as far as I cloud tell were used or removed from a seat. Other than that the bonded leather looks good and soft. The reclining parts are heavy duty and the motor is silent and smooth. If these chairs hold up they are an unbeatable value.

post #15 of 19 Old 01-23-2014, 04:20 PM

Quote:

From what I gather these are a clone of the Berkline Reno. In fact I kinda think the main pic at 4seating is a Reno. The top of the chair isn't as "pillowie" looking as the website pic. This may be due to being compressed in the shipping box. My chairs also have a different lighted cup holder. It's lower profile and doesn't control the recline. This isn't a big deal because I like the lower profile cup holder better. Yeah the whole bracket thing is kinda bad. I have to look under the seats but I have a suspicion they remove the brackets and sell them because the brackets as far as I cloud tell were used or removed from a seat. Other than that the bonded leather looks good and soft. The reclining parts are heavy duty and the motor is silent and smooth. If these chairs hold up they are an unbeatable value.

Thanks for the update. Maybe the memory foam just needs to expand and that accounts for the height difference and the pillowie. 

Removing the original brackets would be worse than if they are just missing?  Very strange.

How is the recline controlled if not from the cup holder?  Can you post a picture of the cupholder and recline control?

post #16 of 19 Old 01-23-2014, 07:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Sorry I packed my seats back up because it's going to be a bit for my theater carpet to be installed. My chairs are stored in my garage for the time being. here is a link to the cup holder I have

If you look to the right of the pic you will see the recline control.

Here is a real pic of of the seats from the manufacture, notice the chair back isn't as full as the pic from 4seating

post #17 of 19 Old 01-23-2014, 07:24 PM

Thanks again.  That explains it.  I like the lower profile cup holders better as well.  I'm not as sure about the power control on the side, but its not a deal breaker.  

Odd that their website has inaccurate pictures.  Maybe they just updated the design, but not the pictures.

post #18 of 19 Old 01-23-2014, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member

A lot of theater chairs have the recline control located on the side arm like that.

post #19 of 19 Old 01-24-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:

A lot of theater chairs have the recline control located on the side arm like that.

Yeah, I've seen the side placement before.  I like keeping all the controls together, but its not a big deal, just top vs. side preference.  Aesthetically, I agree that the low profile cupholder looks better.    

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page