Glass door in AV cabinets - Does it reflect projector light? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 07-29-2012, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
http://www.amazon.com/Enclosed-Rack-System-27-Spaces/dp/B003FOVYEE/ref=pd_cp_p_1

http://www.amazon.com/Bush-Furniture-Stanford-Cabinet-Antique/dp/B000W8JK60/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1343596381&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=Bush+Audi+video+cabinets

if you for these types of AV racks or AV cabinets, does the glass door reflect enough light in dedicated HT room to get distracted?
My AV cabinet will be on the side wall about 4 to 5 feet away from projector screen. Just wondering whether glass door AV cabinets cause reflection?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-30-2012, 12:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvsub View Post

http://www.amazon.com/Enclosed-Rack-System-27-Spaces/dp/B003FOVYEE/ref=pd_cp_p_1
http://www.amazon.com/Bush-Furniture-Stanford-Cabinet-Antique/dp/B000W8JK60/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1343596381&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=Bush+Audi+video+cabinets
if you for these types of AV racks or AV cabinets, does the glass door reflect enough light in dedicated HT room to get distracted?
My AV cabinet will be on the side wall about 4 to 5 feet away from projector screen. Just wondering whether glass door AV cabinets cause reflection?
I wouldn't have any glass near a projection screen, especially in a dedicated HT room!
post #3 of 6 Old 07-30-2012, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RapalloAV View Post

I wouldn't have any glass near a projection screen, especially in a dedicated HT room!

In that case, i am just curious How other people are managing this issue especially when i see most of those cabinets/racks come with glass doors. (or glass shelves)
post #4 of 6 Old 07-30-2012, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 88
Simple, put the gear somewhere outside of the room Ever seen a rack of gear in the auditorium of a commercial theater?
post #5 of 6 Old 07-30-2012, 03:43 PM
sfm

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colm View Post

Simple, put the gear somewhere outside of the room Ever seen a rack of gear in the auditorium of a commercial theater?

Agreed... best decision I made was to place the rack outside of the theater room (controlled via IR over cat5)... no lights and/or noises from equipment in my room other than the projector and speakers biggrin.gif... if you have a place for the rack somewhere outside the room then by all means do it!
post #6 of 6 Old 07-30-2012, 11:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvsub View Post

In that case, i am just curious How other people are managing this issue especially when i see most of those cabinets/racks come with glass doors. (or glass shelves)

I think you would be hard pushed to see any dedicated HT room with an AV rack up the front near the screen, take a look at most of the images online. If you cant place the rack outside the room at least get it up the back on the back wall or something, and don't have the glass doors, they will pick up reflections!

I have my gear outside the room plus the projector. To eliminate the reflections on the port glass for the projector I have the glass mounted at approx 65 degs back from the top. Any reflections fall back into the room outside the auditorium.

I say if possible keep all the equipment outside the room, there is nothing better than a completely silent space!
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page