Theater Seats in Apartment Living Room? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-05-2012, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Just wondering how many of you have theater seats in an apartment living room as opposed to a dedicated home theater room in a house. I don't have enough room for theater seats AND a couch, but would like the 'command and control' feel of a theater seat in front of my 50" Pioneer plasma when I watch Blu-rays, play video games, watch TV, etc.

Currently, my couch just isn't doing it for me, although it has the advantages of being able to lay down and nap on it, and of course the 'snuggle factor' that may or may not be there with theater seats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-06-2012, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 126
we have a small 2 seater couch off to the side and the 3 nice recliners. One for me, one for the wife and a guest ..Depending on you decor a traditional leather recliner may look much nicer when the lights are on.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-16-2012, 05:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 90
i recently got rid of my reclining sofa and replaced it with 4 fusion escape seats from roman... i couldn't be happier with this move... smile.gif both swmbo and i find them quite comfortable, and they add a rather cool look to the room... all others who have seen/sat in them agree...

my room isn't what one would call a "normal living room" (see pics in sig, no pics of chairs yet, sorry) but it's not a completely dedicated home theater either... it's what i refer to as a "dedicated media room"...

imo/ime, if theater seats are the direction you want to go in, go for it... smile.gif i wanted them for a long time, and my only regret is that i didn't do it sooner...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

post #4 of 5 Old 08-16-2012, 06:34 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Watcher12,

You can consider one of the 3 scenarios:

1. Get a row of 2 or 3 seats with the armrest in between to ad theatrical look to your room straight IOIOIOI or curved IOVOVOI
2. Go with the loveseat IOOI or couch configuration IOOOI - all chairs will still independently recline
3. Go with individual 2 arm recliners IOI IOI or IOI IOI IOI, and that will give you placement flexibility.

If you are into action movie and gaming, I would strongly recommend considering getting the chairs with the buttkickers.

Roman
rtheaters.com
Fusion Collection Seating
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #5 of 5 Old 08-16-2012, 08:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 90
re: layout...

i have mine 4 in a row, with a loveseat in the middle...

as far as "snuggling"... without going into tmi, this setup has been "tested"... tongue.gif

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page