Just got my Fusion Escape seats ! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 08-10-2012, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ordered these last week, got them this morning. The truck driver even brought them in my house!

These are fantastic seats, and are very comfortable. The lumbar support is just about perfect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-11-2012, 08:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
They look great. Are they the leather or bonded leather?
post #3 of 11 Old 08-11-2012, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter

These are leather
post #4 of 11 Old 08-11-2012, 11:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Looks great. Where did you purchase these fine Chairs at???

\m/ Hook'em Horns!

==========
Work for a Cause, Not for Applause. Live Life to Express, Not to Impress.
Don’t Strive to make your Presence Noticed,
Just make your Absence Felt. -Unknown
post #5 of 11 Old 08-12-2012, 05:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post

Looks great. Where did you purchase these fine Chairs at???

The Fusion line of chairs are sold by Roman (RHS here on AVS). You can contact him through his site: http://www.rtheaters.com/
post #6 of 11 Old 08-12-2012, 05:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Werden View Post

These are leather

Robert, how "shiny" is the leather? I am about to pull the trigger on two curved rows of 4 Escapes and I am 99% sure I am going to order leather over bonded leather, but in some pictures here on the forum they look really shiny. What are your thoughts? Did you see a sample of the bonded leather before ordering?
post #7 of 11 Old 08-12-2012, 06:51 AM - Thread Starter

They are not to shiny, They feel soft and flexible. I tested out a palliser mellow (media) level 5 and I honestly cant feel the difference in the leather quality.
post #8 of 11 Old 08-12-2012, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter

Couple things Id like to say about these.

1. The tray tables are really strong. I have a HP dv8t laptop on a logitech padded cooling table that weighs nearly 10 lbs. I put it on the swivel table and the table does not flex at all. Really impressed with that.
2. The cup cooler is a metal plate at the bottom of the cup holders. I was in the room and the temp was 82 degrees. I put a bottle of beer in the cup holder and turned on the cooler button. My beer stayed ice cold all the way through until I finished it. The plate is ice cold to the touch. I really wish I knew how they work, but I thought it was a gimmick when I ordered the chairs, and never bothered to ask if they really kept your drinks cold. It was a pleasant surprise.

3. The electronic head rests are what makes this chair super comfortable. I sit in the chair and look at the tv, Then I open the foot rest until my lower back feels the lumbar support in the right position. My head in the mean time is still facing the optimal viewing position of the tv screen but is not touching the head rest. So that is when I raise the head rest until I feel it hit the back of my head. Now you are in what I consider the perfect viewing position. In my old seats I would have to either put my hands behind my head to tilt it up, or tilt my eyes down to see the screen which resulted in eye muscle strain. This head rest makes your head and eyes in the most natural position. The down side is, it is so comfortable you may need some coffee to stay awake.

4. The storage compartments are really deep. I literally have to stick my arm all the way in to reach the bottom. This gives me ideas for installing a remote control storage shelf that is sliding up and down with the lifting of the arm. Thinking of mounting a small drawer slide vertically in the compartment so when the arm rest is lifted, it pulls up the shelf. The pneumatic arms that assist on lifting the arm rest are on a hair trigger. You literally just need to bump them and they will open. So there is no difficulty in keeping the cover open while you get stuff in and out.

5. One gripe is, I wish Roman had Ipad and cell phone holders for sale. He offered to sell me one from a different seat manufacturer, but he said he was not positive it would fit. Time Warner Cable is my provider, and I have the Time Warner APP on my tablet that acts as a remote control, as well as a DVR control and even live viewing of channels. To have that mounted on the arm rest would have put me in the star trek captains chair for sure. Roman needs to get this available. But this has nothing to do with the chairs, just the available accessories. Although I can see putting this accessory on as being the stepping stone to becoming one of those hover chair bound characters on the space ship in the movie Wall-E.

6. The lock button on the switch panel is a good call. Because the switches are capacative, and not mechanical, it is easy to graze them when grabbing your drink. So the lockout feature comes in handy.

7. The seats are so silent that my wife accidentally trapped our dog inside the seat rest when she closed it. Don't worry our little pug was not injured, just a little confused. He barked at the foot rest for a hour after though.

8. The measurement of the over all footprint of all the chairs in a row is exactly as the PDF file told us it would be. We layed out sheets of paper taped together on the floor to test fit the chairs before we ordered. As you can see in the photo, we had a walkway on the left side and a window on the right. We calculated we would have 10 inches of space on the right side between the seat and the window and that is exactly what we have. So I am happy to say the measurements are spot on.

If I have more thoughts, Ill post them.
post #9 of 11 Old 08-12-2012, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter

here is a shot of the tables being used as notebook holders. The notebook on the front table is a heavy 19" dv8t, so you can see it can handle the weight of practically any notebook on the market.
post #10 of 11 Old 08-12-2012, 04:57 PM

Liked: 18
The seats look great. However, the kids in the above pic look like they use the entire height of the seat and then some. How tall are the seat backs? As a guy who's 6'3" that has me concerned. :-)

Also how would you characterize the feel of the chairs? Is the feel compatible to many particular Palliser model?

Thanks!
post #11 of 11 Old 08-12-2012, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

I am 6.0 and the seat is just right. The question is subjective because I don't know how long your legs are. The head rest I still have about 4 inches of room if I was taller in the torso, but if my legs were longer, my feet would hang off a bit.
I sat in the pallisers and they feel similar. I think the key question would be, are the materials similar? The padding in the seat is spongy and soft. It does not sink, but it also does not cause you to slide off the seat.
I honestly don't know if they are better than palliser, and I was never really comparing them to each other because it was not going to be possible for me to buy the equivalent features in a palliser for this price. It would have been double the price.

These seats are great. They are not thrown together, and the features are on pare with the top names. They probably don't have the same materials, but to me, that was not important. The top quality leather and the bottom quality still come from a cow. The foam may be less or more dense, but that is always a personal choice any way. The motors and electronics are probably the same quality. Wood frames are the same. The metal structure is probably the same. The only difference as far as I am concerned is, 1. Price, 2. delivery time in a week, 3. really great customer service, even on a sunday.
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page