Standout Design opinion needed - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-26-2012, 04:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I know that standout designs is a sponsor of this website. The products look very good. Does anybody have any experience with this company? I would like to hear some opinions before I order. Thanks for the input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-01-2012, 05:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought the Haven 82" from them about 6 months ago and really like it. It is very well made - solid as a rock. I have the Paradigm CC-690 center channel speaker which is huge, but it fits perfectly inside the cabinet. The fans are very quiet - I sit about 10 feet away from the cabinet when watching or listening and I have never noticed them. The back panels are super easy to remove and reattach to get at you equipment - just loosen the bolts with your hands - no tools needed. Wire management is good too - I have a fair amount of equipment in the unit, some analog, and there is plenty of room.

I did have an issue with the glass panels not fitting properly in the doors - after a few emails they sent me replacement glass panels for both doors which fit perfectly. I paid for white glove delivery - highly recommend this if you have any choice. The unit is big, solid and HEAVY. It was dellievered by a freight company - 2 guys, brought it inside my house and into the basement where I needed it. I have a tight stairwell and the crate would not fit down the stairs so they even took the time to uncrate the cabinet to carry it down. I was pretty impressed.

Overall I give Standout a big thumbs up - very impressed. Good solid quality, nice people to deal with resolving the one minor issue. Good luck!

I love this site!
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page